4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

synnest

Nov 11, 2019
My record, 82 mil with 0 risk (this patch)

View attachment 2855345

Kinda sad that all special shells including the most rare one (typle L) reducing the value a lot in high value bots like this. 103 to 65 mil in this case...

yv0751 I want to suggest adding a perversion amp inside the Sheels, or maybe another slot for Shells only, just for visuals.
Try that bot with different traits.
My best in 0.8 with perv amps +35,35,35,34:

screenshot0001.png

Reactions: yv0751 and abada25

Howling8989

Apr 13, 2018
I only just recently started playing this one, but so far it is great!
I have, however, run into a problem I can't seem to crack - so it's probably something so absurdly obvious that I'm overlooking it.
When I try to use any ITM cheats, either GAME.ship.loadWare or GAME.mc.addItem, I get the same response - File "<string>", line 1: expected statement.
I even copy & pasted some of the codes directly from the Walkthrough and still get that same result.

What am I missing?

And thank you, Y.V., for another awesome game.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I only just recently started playing this one, but so far it is great!
I have, however, run into a problem I can't seem to crack - so it's probably something so absurdly obvious that I'm overlooking it.
When I try to use any ITM cheats, either GAME.ship.loadWare or GAME.mc.addItem, I get the same response - File "<string>", line 1: expected statement.
I even copy & pasted some of the codes directly from the Walkthrough and still get that same result.

What am I missing?

And thank you, Y.V., for another awesome game.
Dunno if this will help, but here's a screenshot of how I type stuff when in the console (shift + o):

consolevariables_example.jpg

Note that the typo triggers the message you gave. You didn't mention which variable you were trying to change, but it's important to put those inside of brackets and inside of parenthesis, like I did with ITMAICore, i.e.:

GAME.ship.loadWare("ITMAICore")
In this instance, if it doesn't return True, then you probably mistyped the variable name/picked something that isn't defined or misspelled something. Caps vs. no Caps is also very important, so watch your upper and lower case stuff...

Also, I just tried this, but cut and paste from the .pdf inserts hidden characters apparently, so that'll mess things up. So you'll need to re-type the item you are trying to add by hand (no cut and paste), at least when in the Console.

Which variables/items are you trying to change/add?

Last edited:
Reactions: Howling8989

Howling8989

Apr 13, 2018
Thanks, OhWee. I got it working now, but I still can't see any misspelling in what I tried before.
GAME.mc.addItem(“ITMCandle”) copy & pasted straight from the walkthrough gives that misspelling error.
But then I typed in GAME.mc.addItem("ItemCandle") and it works.

Now that's interesting. The quotation marks look different in this font.

Reactions: Radian_47 and OhWee

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
did a Unicode search

LEFT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK
ID 8220
HEXD 201C
UTF8 E2 80 9C
UTF16 201C
"
QUOTATION MARK
ID 34
HEXD 22
UTF8 22
UTF16 22

Although visually similar especially depending on the font used they return deferent results. IIRK you could get the same issue in the first game if you directly copied.

Karybdis

Oct 29, 2017
Hey, maybe I'm a dummy, but I'm not sure where to see bot requests? Sometimes a bot in my manager will have Fulfill Order as an option, sometimes it'll be a quicksale, but on my end it might as well be random. I'm assuming I'm missing a menu or something somewhere with info on orders? I remember knowing where it was way back in .4, but I can't for the life of me find it.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Hey, maybe I'm a dummy, but I'm not sure where to see bot requests? Sometimes a bot in my manager will have Fulfill Order as an option, sometimes it'll be a quicksale, but on my end it might as well be random. I'm assuming I'm missing a menu or something somewhere with info on orders? I remember knowing where it was way back in .4, but I can't for the life of me find it.
Think they got rid of that, now it's like you say, bots can fulfil orders.

wivers

Jun 4, 2017
Hey, I need to buy weapons (plasma cannon?) but I cannot find any. I have the license, but there are no plasma cannon in the "subsys" part of the station (Where the shild and other systems were purchasable). Am I missing something? Where can I buy the system for the weapons?

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Hey, I need to buy weapons (plasma cannon?) but I cannot find any. I have the license, but there are no plasma cannon in the "subsys" part of the station (Where the shild and other systems were purchasable). Am I missing something? Where can I buy the system for the weapons?
Pirate base.

Reactions: wivers

ynosharingakk

Mar 11, 2023
yv0751 just started to play your awesome game!

found a bug: when you recruite Nimhe, in the dialog there will be a part that you need to go to her new cabine, if you wouldn't read it, you will end up walking aimlessly around the ship, there is no hint to it, she will appear on the map in the droid lab as a red dot, but wouldn't be there

Howling8989

Apr 13, 2018
You can find all versions of cannon and shields as well as the torpedo launcher at Iltari Station as long as you have upgraded your Weapon Permit for higher tier weapons/shields, but it is RNG what is available for sale each time you dock. Save Scum away. RNG also determines what is available at the Pirate Base.

Reactions: wivers

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
yv0751 just started to play your awesome game!

found a bug: when you recruite Nimhe, in the dialog there will be a part that you need to go to her new cabine, if you wouldn't read it, you will end up walking aimlessly around the ship, there is no hint to it, she will appear on the map in the droid lab as a red dot, but wouldn't be there
Glad you enjoy the game so far.
Nimhe is doing stuff around the ship occasionally and not to be found. She is in her quarters every day until noon and once introduced to it in the afternoon mostly in the lab

ynosharingakk

Mar 11, 2023
Nimhe is doing stuff around the ship occasionally and not to be found. She is in her quarters every day until noon and once introduced to it in the afternoon mostly in the lab
I think there is misunderstanding. When you recruit Nimhe on the station, there will be a dialog, smth "I'll show you new quaters...". If player skips this information, he wouldn't know that first he must go to there (H2 left). There is no hint to this and Nimhe wouldn't be available to interact.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
I think there is misunderstanding. When you recruit Nimhe on the station, there will be a dialog, smth "I'll show you new quaters...". If player skips this information, he wouldn't know that first he must go to there (H2 left). There is no hint to this and Nimhe wouldn't be available to interact.
yv0751, the same thing also happens if you skip the dialog when other people join your crew: Khelara, V, the princess... You're not immediately aware where you can find them. The old-timers like most of us here will manage, but it's going to bite every new player who skips through the dialogues. The solution is to simply make the room available on the map as soon as someone new joins the crew. Or maybe add a quest for visiting her quarters...

Reactions: Steppenwolf

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
yv0751, the same thing also happens if you skip the dialog when other people join your crew: Khelara, V, the princess... You're not immediately aware where you can find them. The old-timers like most of us here will manage, but it's going to bite every new player who skips through the dialogues. The solution is to simply make the room available on the map as soon as someone new joins the crew. Or maybe add a quest for visiting her quarters...
Thats a good proposal to do that during onboarding. Its only 4 lines of code. Added for V1.00.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes