4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I can't load multiverse pod. What could be the problem? I created it in v0.7.
I tried to put this file in the game folder, in the save folder and where it was when created (\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\SpaceJourneyX-1670222929)
When starting a new game, nothing is offered except to change your nickname.
Before this there were no problems with loading.
That is perfectly normal. There is no "load pod" startup option.

If the pod is found, it appears on the map in zone 25 as a kind of anomaly _after_ you started your game. Fly there and pick up your stuff (make sure your cargo is big enough).

This hasnt been changed so i'm not sure I understood your issue.

Reactions: grimper

Steppenwolf

Jul 30, 2017
Really nice update :)

Bug: Sex scene witch V on the bridge, both Chat e Finish menu action have the same keyboard shortcut (B).

Annoying behavior with Krell pet store (not really a bug).
After you buy some items from the shop and leave (hit exit once), the shopkeeper says "Until next time..." (he seems to be taking his leave.)
But the player remains in the menu:
Shop
Chat
Exit
When you hit Exit again, the shopkeeper says "Until next time..." again, in doing so, we read the statement "Until next time.." twice within the space of two clicks. That repetition bothers me

One last thing, I saw how you generated the protagonist's responses to trivial interactions with other characters. Eg:

[ "ser", "<The weather on Rigel Prime is always nice.|Eternium bathtubs are the best.|I have three thousand pairs of shoes.>",
"mc", "<Is that so?|Indeed.|Really?|Interesting.>"] ]

Frankly, if I put myself from the point of view of a programmer, I understand perfectly the choice behind that implementation :) , however the result feeling is that whatever is said to the MC, the latter always responding in the same way, giving the idea that He don't care at all, and in general the overall feeling you get is that the characters are two-dimensional.

It's just my opinion, but having conversations longer than two lines would give more depth to the characters.

ps. The bot configuration overhaul is nice and functional. :)

Nirdaeel

Apr 30, 2017
just curious if this is a bug or not, now station walk for t'Ris is done on duty hours instead of off duty, but if you do time passes a lot even it was 10 am, after doing walk end al 8 pm.. is that correct?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
just curious if this is a bug or not, now station walk for t'Ris is done on duty hours instead of off duty, but if you do time passes a lot even it was 10 am, after doing walk end al 8 pm.. is that correct?
That is as designed and shouldn't be a problem. If you run into midnight return to the ship is forced

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Really nice update :)

Bug: Sex scene witch V on the bridge, both Chat e Finish menu action have the same keyboard shortcut (B).

Annoying behavior with Krell pet store (not really a bug).
After you buy some items from the shop and leave (hit exit once), the shopkeeper says "Until next time..." (he seems to be taking his leave.)
But the player remains in the menu:
Shop
Chat
Exit
When you hit Exit again, the shopkeeper says "Until next time..." again, in doing so, we read the statement "Until next time.." twice within the space of two clicks. That repetition bothers me

One last thing, I saw how you generated the protagonist's responses to trivial interactions with other characters. Eg:

[ "ser", "<The weather on Rigel Prime is always nice.|Eternium bathtubs are the best.|I have three thousand pairs of shoes.>",
"mc", "<Is that so?|Indeed.|Really?|Interesting.>"] ]

Frankly, if I put myself from the point of view of a programmer, I understand perfectly the choice behind that implementation :) , however the result feeling is that whatever is said to the MC, the latter always responding in the same way, giving the idea that He don't care at all, and in general the overall feeling you get is that the characters are two-dimensional.

It's just my opinion, but having conversations longer than two lines would give more depth to the characters.

ps. The bot configuration overhaul is nice and functional. :)
Glad you liked the update.

The dialogue system I implemented is capable of much more complex and conditional dialogues. I usually write a very simple dialogue like the one you quoted and decide to fill it in later.
Then invariably I run into timing issues with the game development and put dialogue off for later and never get to it... :) Maybe need to devote an entire day in the early dev cycle for making the dialogues more interesting.

Thanks for the shopkeeper issue, made a CRQ and will revise it less redundant. Originally a nice shop with clerks / pets was planned but I condensed it to the minimum functionality into the dialogue. Thats the cause for the repetition I guess.

The Vee On The Bridge hotkeys are a mistake. Thx for pointing it out. Will revise it for V1.00 (which will be done in a few more days...)

Great34

Mar 13, 2018
The required preparations are
  • Install the Voron Shield
  • Install at least 3 cloaking modules in the shield slots
  • Bring the argus unit up to 100%
  • Build an Infiltrator bot frame (if you havent stored one):
    All componenents Militargy Grade Gen2 or higher. Mix-and-match is ok
  • Mount the infiltrator shell (you have 1 in storage) on the frame
  • store the infiltrator in a botlab cell (as usual)
  • Fly to the biolab
  • Spend a night there
Cutscene and next steps follow.

Note: In this first night the infiltrator will not escape.
You may want to disassemble it right after to avoid escape.
where can I find a Voron Shield? I have Quantum Shields installed.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
On the console Instead of finding items one by one, what is the formula for finding several thanks
That one will likely corrupt your inventory or ship cargo status.

I recommend to use the single one and the just use CURSOR-UP / ENTER to repeat in the console.
Thats how I do it normally for testing

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
then I guess I accidently sold it. Cause I´m already on the stage "infiltrate" and don´t have any shield.
GAME.ship.loadWare("ITMShieldVoron") in the command line should save you... :)

Or you need to pick it up at the mission point (if its marked on the map, top middle). If not you can use above cheat.

Reactions: Great34

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Error in v0.9c1.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks.
Must be some edge case (Khelara assigned torpedo reload without having a launcher installed or with 0% output/no slots?)

Will open a CRQ. Workaround: Don't assign Khelara torpedo reload.

RT567

Oct 14, 2016
Thanks.
Must be some edge case (Khelara assigned torpedo reload without having a launcher installed or with 0% output/no slots?)

Will open a CRQ. Workaround: Don't assign Khelara torpedo reload.
Hadn't even realized she was assigned to that. If fixed itself anyway when I bought a torpedo launcher.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I was trying to show of T'ris at the pirate base, but ended up assigning her to pet class (even though I'm not in Krell space). I can't leave the pirate base to go get her !

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I was trying to show of T'ris at the pirate base, but ended up assigning her to pet class (even though I'm not in Krell space). I can't leave the pirate base to go get her !
That is a known bug. You need to revert to an older save. It will be fixed in V1.00.

Scubatropin

Jun 7, 2021
T'Ris will only "go on her walk" at Itari space station in her full uniform, none of the scantily clad uniforms, therefore her EXH stays the same. Comments?

Torchwood2000

Sep 24, 2020
Hi everybody. Please, what is the "introducing item" for the Arellarti-Shop? The trader won't let me buy things. Thanks for hints.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes