4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
yv0751, some observations and suggestions after playing 0.9v:

1. a) Really enjoyed the changes to the Bot interface and the overall experience. My only major suggestion would be to either make Gen 3 unique shell drops more common, let Nimhe craft new ones in addition to type-J as they are found, or make them purely cosmetic with their own slot. My reasoning is that Gen 3 are the bots most players probably transfer, and Gen 1 and 2 shells considerably reduce the value of Gen 3 bots. They are also, at least for me, the bots I would want to differentiate and make special.

b) More unique shell types would be nice, if not taxing on time and effort. Although, I would rather have more features or content if conflicts with this.

2. Imbalance with crew duties: I found Nimhe and Khelara's abilities quite useful vs. T'Ris and Vee's; as I don't know what use refilling pods has with the new changes; diagnostics is only useful when manually doing repairs; and I found surveying not particularly lucrative or interesting, especially towards the end of my run. Minor note, but I should mention that I found Khelara's torpedo loading not that useful, as I load manually, but this might not be the case with players who enjoy automation, as I do with repair.

3. Loved the addition of cloaking to combat. Also, I thought the character design for Verity was great; really hope to see more of her.

Anyways, I just wanted to say I really enjoy playing your game and that perhaps you might consider some of the things I mentioned as development progresses.
Thanks for the suggestions and I am glad you enjoyed the game so far.

A few new shells are planned with V1.10 ;)

Regarding raririty of certain items. While I see that everyone would like that perfect Gen 3 Mil shell, if it were findable easily the whole maximisation loop would lose a lot imho. Battles to find them will get easier with better gear and eventually one might drop. So it is a dilemma of sorts.

Torpedo loading btw also has reload-in combat perk and with back to back fights in V1.00+ that will become vital. T'Ris and Vee abilities will be stepwise improved.

Verity will definitely make a reappearance :)

ynosharingakk

Mar 11, 2023
if you want to speed up bot re-creation
find this string in 760 part UPGRADE BOT / HYPERTRAIN:

call large_notify("IMPORTANT UPGRA ... and comment it

final result will be:
#call large_notify("IMPORTANT UPGRA ...

2 yv0751: is there a way to change bot shell easelly?
760:
# removing shells
python:
for i in range(len(bot.addOns)):
if bot.addOns:
if "shell" in bot.addOns.ID.lower():
bot.uninstallAddOn(i)

deleting this code will crash the game, the code allways delets shell addons
is there a simple code to change shell? button click => change shell

also 760: "grey": ["chaste", "frigid", "inflexible","wholesome", "inflexible"] - inflexible 2 times?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
if you want to speed up bot re-creation
find this string in 760 part UPGRADE BOT / HYPERTRAIN:

call large_notify("IMPORTANT UPGRA ... and comment it

final result will be:
#call large_notify("IMPORTANT UPGRA ...

2 yv0751: is there a way to change bot shell easelly?
760:
# removing shells
python:
for i in range(len(bot.addOns)):
if bot.addOns:
if "shell" in bot.addOns.ID.lower():
bot.uninstallAddOn(i)

deleting this code will crash the game, the code allways delets shell addons
is there a simple code to change shell? button click => change shell

also 760: "grey": ["chaste", "frigid", "inflexible","wholesome", "inflexible"] - inflexible 2 times?
Not sure what you mean by changing shell?
Adding and removing a shell needs to do a bunch of checks and restore and backup attributes pre/post shell.
So it needs to be done in that routine and not just like adding an item.

Changing the shell in the configurator is one click for parts list and one more click for selecting new shell.
That should be reasonably fast unless you have a zillion parts to sift through.
Maybe I'll add a shell filter in the parts list if thats a QoL issue

The attribute question is indeed a typo, but not fatal. It matches the first entry it finds, the second is redundant.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Has anyone seen these images in the game?
Those are not in the game.

The side view of Nimhe was proportionally flawed, but I forgot to delete it.

The one with her bent over was for the spanking scene which has been canceled and is finally included in V1.00 with the spanking minigame for T'Ris, Nimhe and Khelara

Preview V1.00 :)

screenshot0010.jpeg

Last edited:

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

Hi, here is the release notes post for V1.00 (in preparation for the release)
Thanks to all the Beta Players for finding and putting up with issues.
  • This release is not save game compatible with V0.9 or earlier for technical reasons. Use the multiverse pod for your items and start a new game at progress point of your choice
Main New Features
  • Main Quest: The Xenos Library (Voron Space)
  • New Voron Cannon, Launcher, Torpedoes, ... for your ship
  • Player Base on Tenaris (Multiverse Warehouse, Trophy Room, ...)
  • NSFW: Kythera the Librarian
  • NSFW: Sex with T'Ris
  • NSFW: Seraphine
  • NSFW: Khelara
  • NSFW: Nimhe Pony Walk
  • Spanking Minigame: T'Ris, Nimhe, Khelara
  • Ship Deck 3 with Mess Room and Replicator
  • Many GUI & QoL changes
  • Bot Balancing
  • New Precursor Levels
  • New Enemies: Voron Zealots
  • Swarm Mining Spot (unique items)
Multiverse Pod Retrieval procedure
  • Nothing to do, it is just there in your new Game :)
  • Multiverse Warehouse: Will autofill at first entry (if you you saved it out with the pod)
Downloads
  • Early Access VIP Tier: 25.09. (Link sent directly)
  • Early Access All-Access Tier: 30.09 (Post)
  • Official Release: 06.10. (Linked here)
  • Walkthrough
Known Issues
  • Some graphical inconsistencies
  • Some dialogue inconsistencies
  • some more minors (still collecting from Beta...)
Detailed Change List
In preparation...

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
Why I cannot buy a sector map from shady trader in bar? Is this some kinda bug?
Never had an issue with that. You talk to her, and next day she carries it. The only thing coming to my mind is, are you trying to buy it from the bartender? The bartender is not Shady.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Why I cannot buy a sector map from shady trader in bar? Is this some kinda bug?
If you use URM or other mods / cheats things might not work too.
Otherwise there has never been an issue.

Shady is the black suited woman to the right.

If it still does not work _and_ this was a new game properly, _and_ you did not use any mod I would be interested to investigate your save (you can pm it to me)

Pitczasy

Jan 7, 2019
Never had an issue with that. You talk to her, and next day she carries it. The only thing coming to my mind is, are you trying to buy it from the bartender? The bartender is not Shady.
If you use URM or other mods / cheats things might not work too.
Otherwise there has never been an issue.

Shady is the black suited woman to the right.

If it still does not work _and_ this was a new game properly, _and_ you did not use any mod I would be interested to investigate your save (you can pm it to me)
Thank you both for reply! I was using URM, I always do in renpy games to view hidden stats. Reinstall helps and start a new game. URM is not needed here, because there are no hidden stats or I did't found any :) !

KenedaBot

Aug 4, 2019
Well seriously, I don't know how the others manage to progress, it's been three days since I was massacred by the Krell fleet when I try to save the princess, it becomes frankly frustrating to have to spot this sequence (Linux version or Windows , no possibility to progress), all my modules are 100%, I have the biggest torpedoes, the game is so hard that it makes you want to abandon and move to another.

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
Well seriously, I don't know how the others manage to progress, it's been three days since I was massacred by the Krell fleet when I try to save the princess, it becomes frankly frustrating to have to spot this sequence (Linux version or Windows , no possibility to progress), all my modules are 100%, I have the biggest torpedoes, the game is so hard that it makes you want to abandon and move to another.
make sure you have your engine upgrades as well, they give you more ap per turn
that is the real one you need

Reactions: KenedaBot

KenedaBot

Aug 4, 2019
make sure you have your engine upgrades as well, they give you more ap per turn
that is the real one you need
Ah yes, I have all the additional modules for the cargo but not for my engine, do not judge me for my precipitated frustration, thank you Sweettooth for this precision !!!

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Ah yes, I have all the additional modules for the cargo but not for my engine, do not judge me for my precipitated frustration, thank you Sweettooth for this precision !!!
In the walkthrough attachment is an image that might help. works 98% of the time. trick is to not be distracted by the seekers. just ignore them, you can take at least 6 hits

And yes with 3 AP it is next to impossible, you need to use a MkII engine with dynamics addons

Reactions: KenedaBot

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
In the walkthrough attachment is an image that might help. works 98% of the time. trick is to not be distracted by the seekers. just ignore them, you can take at least 6 hits

And yes with 3 AP it is next to impossible, you need to use a MkII engine with dynamics addons
Something about just letting them hit me... bugs me. Even knowing I can take a few hits without issue.
So I tend to use the fact that torpedoes have a blast radius to simultaneously damage ships while destroying seekers.

Speaking of which... small bug (?)... When a seeker and ship are in the same hex, I can't find a way to target the ship, just the seeker. And the torpedo blast will only kill the seeker, not damage the ship.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
Speaking of which... small bug (?)... When a seeker and ship are in the same hex, I can't find a way to target the ship, just the seeker. And the torpedo blast will only kill the seeker, not damage the ship.
True, that has happened many times to me as well. The seeker seems to protect the ship if it's in the same hex. On the other hand, if there's another seeker/ship in a neighboring hex, hitting it both destroys the seeker and damages the ship (apart from destroying/damaging the object being hit), IIRC.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Something about just letting them hit me... bugs me. Even knowing I can take a few hits without issue.
So I tend to use the fact that torpedoes have a blast radius to simultaneously damage ships while destroying seekers.

That is indeed the case. The seeker kind of protects the ship.
Originally it was a coding oversight but I decided to leave it in as a kind of special circumstance to pay attention to.

KenedaBot

Aug 4, 2019

I struggled during the weekend and I managed to get the modules necessary for the MKII engine, finally the princess came out of stasis, my frustration is dissipated, I have the walkthrough but I just discovered the game & as Jim says: "The experience comes with practice".
Again, thank you for the precision.

Reactions: yv0751

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
That is indeed the case. The seeker kind of protects the ship.
Originally it was a coding oversight but I decided to leave it in as a kind of special circumstance to pay attention to.
An idea for a high-tech torpedo: make it possible to detonate it remotely, even without hitting anything. In other words, let it fire even into an empty hex. That will unlock new possibilities with the blast's area of effect.
And you should make it possible to hit the asteroids, too, with any torpedo, maybe except the first one.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes