FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I'm seeing stuff that isn't in the walkthrough. Is the walkthrough up to date with 3.7? And I hit "w" and it just says "coming soon."

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
I'm seeing stuff that isn't in the walkthrough. Is the walkthrough up to date with 3.7? And I hit "w" and it just says "coming soon."
Walkthrough covers everything except the content of the last update - bunk bed conversation with Cis, which will be added later.

Reactions: s1im

guri11mau

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2020
So how long will it take to update walkthrough? I've checked few versions rearlier, it's still not there. And there's no reason to play without it.
Why not?
That is the fun of playing a game.. you make your own choices and don't know what comes next.
If you just follow a walkthrough you are not playing a game, is just watching a movie

• Angry
Reactions: Cernunnos.

Gerfenikss

Dec 24, 2017
Why not?
That is the fun of playing a game.. you make your own choices and don't know what comes next.
If you just follow a walkthrough you are not playing a game, is just watching a movie
thx for noticing, appreciate much. It was very important to hear your opinion on this matter.

perles75

May 16, 2020
thx for noticing, appreciate much. It was very important to hear your opinion on this matter.
well, "there's no reason to play without it" is a sliiight exaggeration, especially considering that the walkthrough is updated until this last episode which, frankly, has very few ramifying decisions -as is, you can play it all pretty quickly with a couple of runs.

P.S.: I've been playing the game without walkthrough (I just checked a couple of times after playing a specific segment just to see if I had forgot something -usually not, considering there are plenty of save spots so that it's easy to retrace your steps), so yes, there is definitely reason to play without it!

Gerfenikss

Dec 24, 2017
well, "there's no reason to play without it" is a sliiight exaggeration, especially considering that the walkthrough is updated until this last episode which, frankly, has very few ramifying decisions -as is, you can play it all pretty quickly with a couple of runs.

P.S.: I've been playing the game without walkthrough (I just checked a couple of times after playing a specific segment just to see if I had forgot something -usually not, considering there are plenty of save spots so that it's easy to retrace your steps), so yes, there is definitely reason to play without it!
congrats, sorry i didn't read all the text but i'm sure it's very important

some01

Jan 7, 2020
Damn, this game is pretty awesome. I laughed way more than I should on some of the jokes, like on the conversation with Cole about not being a prick.
Only thing I think could improve is regarding the flashback sex scenes, I get it that some people like them, but at least for Silverback players there could be a chance to avoid the ones between (f)LIs and other (m)s, or to only slightly change the situations, since it can decrease the interest towards the characters involved for some.

Anyway, I know the dev doesn’t come here anymore, but I wish him good luck in the SpaceCorps project nonetheless :).

Reactions: monk_56

Garg22

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone else hit a dead end when looking at the photos on the wall? I see a picture of the mom and it won't let me progress. No error codes and it lets me scroll back so I'm wondering if it's intentional or something. As in mom=sexy, can not process at this time joke.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Does anyone else hit a dead end when looking at the photos on the wall? I see a picture of the mom and it won't let me progress. No error codes and it lets me scroll back so I'm wondering if it's intentional or something. As in mom=sexy, can not process at this time joke.
The game wants you to tell it who the character is: Type in 'Mom' (or whatever else if you're not into that thing) and hit Enter.

You're not the first to hit that snag; that screen could definitely use a tool tip as the player hasn't been asked to define a relationship since (I think) the first meeting with Cis.

Reactions: Garg22

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Not true at all. Kinetic is just watching. With a walkthrough, you get to know the outcome of each choice you make, and if there are multiple routes, you get to choose which path to take. You are still controlling what happens, only you get to see the future, somewhat....depending on the walkthrough. Good walkthroughs only tell vague ideas of the results of the choices, so in essence you can choose "good" or "bad" or "neutral" paths, but still don't know what is going to happen within those paths.

I hate game over dead ends in games. And with some games that have multiple game over deadends, I would like to just skip through those game over dead ends, so I don't have to do that part over again. Sometimes the game doesn't just give you the option to "try again" or "redo" when you hit a game over dead end. And it sends you back to the title screen, which I hate, cause I have to wait on all the cut scene (not sex scenes, but just "GAME OVER" on a black screen for 10 seconds, then slowly fading out to the main screen, then clicking through everything to reload the game.) For some people, that can all get annoying, cause it slows down progress.

In many cases, a walkthrough is a good idea. And, a lot of times, having to roam around for a long period just to find the next scene can get annoying, as well. With this game, it's "which corrodor do I take?" and "how do I keep from pissing them off?" Some answers aren't as obvious as the writer would like to think, cause when translating from language to language, it doesn't always translate too well, and each answer sounds like the exact same thing, except just worded differently, so it's impossible in that case to know which path it will send me on. A walkthrough doesn't make it kinetic. It helps.

guri11mau

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2020
Not true at all. Kinetic is just watching. With a walkthrough, you get to know the outcome of each choice you make, and if there are multiple routes, you get to choose which path to take. You are still controlling what happens, only you get to see the future, somewhat....depending on the walkthrough. Good walkthroughs only tell vague ideas of the results of the choices, so in essence you can choose "good" or "bad" or "neutral" paths, but still don't know what is going to happen within those paths.

I hate game over dead ends in games. And with some games that have multiple game over deadends, I would like to just skip through those game over dead ends, so I don't have to do that part over again. Sometimes the game doesn't just give you the option to "try again" or "redo" when you hit a game over dead end. And it sends you back to the title screen, which I hate, cause I have to wait on all the cut scene (not sex scenes, but just "GAME OVER" on a black screen for 10 seconds, then slowly fading out to the main screen, then clicking through everything to reload the game.) For some people, that can all get annoying, cause it slows down progress.

In many cases, a walkthrough is a good idea. And, a lot of times, having to roam around for a long period just to find the next scene can get annoying, as well. With this game, it's "which corrodor do I take?" and "how do I keep from pissing them off?" Some answers aren't as obvious as the writer would like to think, cause when translating from language to language, it doesn't always translate too well, and each answer sounds like the exact same thing, except just worded differently, so it's impossible in that case to know which path it will send me on. A walkthrough doesn't make it kinetic. It helps.
Agree
Nothing wrong with walkthroughs.
First I play the game by myself. After finishing it, I take a look at the walkthrough to see what other options do I have.
The comment was only to point out to the user that is possible to play a game without them, just to enjoy the story made by our choices. Its not a big deal wait for them later.

Reactions: FookU2

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
The game is great as usual and i can't wait for the next update, i hope we will get to leave the bunk soon because i want to meet other characters

perles75

May 16, 2020
The game is great as usual and i can't wait for the next update, i hope we will get to leave the bunk soon because i want to meet other characters
it's coming soon :) the next update (excluded the additional content teased in the Cis conversation) will be the wrapping up of the prologue, planned for the beginning of October, and after that it'll be the new phase, where the story will proceed!

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes