DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I love arguments about minor details of the latest update when the whole game is like 2 years behind schedule due to the ever more bloated "introduction"...

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
I love arguments about minor details of the latest update when the whole game is like 2 years behind schedule due to the ever more bloated "introduction"...
Hmm, be a new face on this site/game/stories/etc... That just sounds like a money sink, question is on who's side?

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Hmm, be a new face on this site/game/stories/etc... That just sounds like a money sink, question is on who's side?
It's not your usual Patreon milking or anything like that. The dev is an alright dude and is putting work in, but his overall progress has been a bit chaotic I guess.
Instead of starting on the second chapter (the sandbox part) he went back and remastered a bunch of earlier scenes. Then he added a whole lot of m/m content for the gay part of his audience. He's been adding to and improving the supposed introduction chapter for so long now that I'd be genuinely surprised if this whole thing ever gets finished.

Doc_tori

Aug 6, 2019
Does anyone have a full Save? Idk if i missed a ton when i played through or what but would like to see a full gallery

Aug 8, 2016
It's not your usual Patreon milking or anything like that. The dev is an alright dude and is putting work in, but his overall progress has been a bit chaotic I guess.
Instead of starting on the second chapter (the sandbox part) he went back and remastered a bunch of earlier scenes. Then he added a whole lot of m/m content for the gay part of his audience. He's been adding to and improving the supposed introduction chapter for so long now that I'd be genuinely surprised if this whole thing ever gets finished.
And I think this is why a decent amount of people are getting annoyed. I agree that Ranlilabz seems to be a solid enough dude and I don't think he's an evil mastermind with the intention of milking his audience but he has put the game on pause for well over a year now. He described these bed talk conversations as a couple of quick updates to flesh out the characters and the game's story has not moved since.
I don't mind him adding more m/m content to flesh out the gay route but I think the reason we see more and more people getting frustrated about it (some of them showing that frustration more maturely than others) is that there have been exceedingly little m/f content that doesn't involve watching memories of other people that are not the MC fucking.

Hopefully now that things seem to be pretty even between the various routes and all the reworks and redesigns etc are wrapped up the next chapter can start rolling a bit faster with a steady and even spread of content.

Reactions: monk_56

gtz-god

Jan 4, 2019
i love this game my my laptop getting breaking down and by time this game fully done i dont believe i will see it unless i get a new laptop

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
0.38 mac version?
Got 0.37 ? Then download the PC version of 0.38 and copy the game folder. Next, open up the contents of the 0.37 app (right click, show package contents) and navigate to /Contents/Resources/autorun. Replace the game folder there with the one you just downloaded and you're ready to go.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Imo the game is struggling caus of the divided routes ... its setup to be like m/m paths and f/m paths and trans things

And it alternates between those paths

So the story will progress far slower caus the dev has to update the game with both f/m path and m/m paths before progressing with the storyline so that useally takes already a long time

And now with the character building up talks at the bunks it makes for a even more longer wait

At this rate its gonna take a very long time till the game is finished

Sucks really caus the story could become very interesting

But waiting for a update purely for M/f path players takes too long to come around

Reactions: Cernunnos.

perles75

May 16, 2020
I think most of the misunderstanding comes from the fact that many people approach Spacecorps as a "standard" visual novel -the kind where there is one main plot which stays kind of the same, with each chapter going more or less from point A to point B and where the eventual routes provide variation scenes to said plots -and eventually a different ending- without changing the overall structure much.

Even though it has an overarching plot (the mystery around the Ganymede 5), Spacecorps is more akin to (character-based) worldbuilding; it's way more "sandbox-y" and open-ended in a way (it will even change game structure in season 2).

That's why some people see in the long section of the bunk bed conversations an unbearable stop to the progression of the story and others an exciting expansion of the world setting and of the psychology of the main characters (with plenty of sex scenes).

perles75

May 16, 2020
It's not really a money sink considering you can download it here for free... :rolleyes:
If the game tickles your curiosity, just download it and start playing it; we can talk about it for an infinite amount of time, but nothing beats trying it yourself and see if it's something for you or not.

Nov 9, 2020
I think most of the misunderstanding comes from the fact that many people approach Spacecorps as a "standard" visual novel -the kind where there is one main plot which stays kind of the same, with each chapter going more or less from point A to point B and where the eventual routes provide variation scenes to said plots -and eventually a different ending- without changing the overall structure much.

Even though it has an overarching plot (the mystery around the Ganymede 5), Spacecorps is more akin to (character-based) worldbuilding; it's way more "sandbox-y" and open-ended in a way (it will even change game structure in season 2).

That's why some people see in the long section of the bunk bed conversations an unbearable stop to the progression of the story and others an exciting expansion of the world setting and of the psychology of the main characters (with plenty of sex scenes).
Yea, I never had convos with two of the other characters until this play through and it opened up more info on Genymede. I guess you have to play all the bunk bed convos if you want to understand and learn more about the lore.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Good thing for you there are loads of other games catering solely to the M/F crowd which don't have all that pesky M/M or Trans content clogging up the development process... :rolleyes:
No need to be so snarky about it, nobody is judging the way your dick swings.

It's a legitimate issue that a game trying to please just about every sexual orientation and fetish may end up not truly satisfying any of them. The dev might actually be better off focusing exclusively on audiences that are less catered to (gay, trans, whatever) and I'm saying that as someone who has zero interest in other man parts.

Mr_Sel

Mar 16, 2018
which part of "there's two scenes, one m/m and another m/f" don't you understand?
Might be I got locked out of it by some previous choices.
The only options I had this update:
- some Chad fellow
- mentally calling purple gay nazicop

so not really my pair of shoes.

That being said, I have nothing against skipping an update or two, if I know ahead of downloading that there's nothing new for me there. Still, the game seems to becoming really spread thin, so I can't say I'm particularly hyped anymore.

heybeterino

Aug 28, 2017
i swapped computers and i didnt pass the renpy folder to my new pc, any kind soul want to share a fully unlocked virtual stable?

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes