RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Question for Ranli, would you ever consider a colorblind setting? Rather than the pink text for gay content and purple for trans, just put gay or trans in parenthesis at the end of the selection.

I’m very colorblind and pink and purple are going to be basically the same for me unless it’s like a midnight blueish-purple.
Hi Exokip! Interesting - and not something that I've previously considered. :unsure: The blue is a lilac, so more on blue scale than red.

I won't be able to change the colour-code system, or the existing pink colour coding - basically because of the sheer amount of work (a lot of walkthrough images and lines of code!) I also don't want to have text that interferes with the choices (makes it a bit less immersive)

However, I'd be very interested to know whether you can tell the difference in the texts below, and would be willing to change the futa colour to something easier if it helps you out:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: L30 and Regin34

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Just found that gemini little mission those girls look amazing very gud quality short but sweet
Glad you liked it... and good timing! :D Nykwolf -the artist I worked with on Project Gemini - is doing another project with me (they'll be doing all the art, I'll be doing the writing). A bit of extra for the lesbian and futa-lovin' players out there :love:

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
So have to say that music selection at the medbay check up at the beginning had me chuckle with laughter

classical music while getting a handjob so fucked up in a funny way :ROFLMAO:

Also I know science officer kex can do that mind reading / control thing … And from that volchack guard he tells us we reading his mind.

So does that mean Kex has done something to our mind so that we can do that mind power thing as well.

Or was that always inside us and is something that came with that beastmode power we get to see a glimpse of at the end

Hoping we get some flashback or some backstory how we were able to become beastmode :unsure:

Reactions: RanliLabz

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
So have to say that music selection at the medbay check up at the beginning had me chuckle with laughter

Also I know science officer kex can do that mind reading / control thing … And from that volchack guard he tells us we reading his mind.

So does that mean Kex has done something to our mind so that we can do that mind power thing as well.

Or was that always inside us and is something that came with that beastmode power we get to see a glimpse of at the end

Hoping we get some flashback or some backstory how we were able to become beastmode :unsure:
Lol - yeah, need to put in some more classical music... my soundtrack's been sidetracked by country :LOL: Suggestions always welcome!

I am being extremely secret about the mind-reading storyline... but rest assured that all things will be answered over time. I can say that your beastly transformation was a direct consequence of your recently discovered powers. And in the futa Daemoness scene you realised that you had more 'fantasies' around Kex ;)
Okay, I'm putting my trust in you to not make it too engrishy.
It's all going to be in correct English :LOL: Maybe the occasional cod-medieval accent (hint ;))
for the colour blind..just add additional text..i suggest "i likey da peepee" and "no bueno on da peepee"
That may not dispel complaints about the dumb jokes in the game :LOL:

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Also getting a little starship troopers kindda vibe … with the shower scene and the small bits of would u like to know more lol

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

I believe it is all his powers that he is only now discovering.

From the talk with Kex it seems implied that Jimmi already had the telepathic power, she even got suprised when realizing he didn't knew about his powers yet.

And the transformation (beastmode as you called it) came after Jimmi read Krathi's mind and felt her emotions during the sexual intercourse.

kaorok

May 31, 2017
Gosh had another conversation with another h-game dev about font color choice and readability, and that's before we even considered color-blindness. My question is: how hard is it to add an outline color in Renpy? Our discussion was mostly in Twine, and I think we figured out a way to make a really dark-colored font color stand out to be readable against a dark background.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Gosh had another conversation with another h-game dev about font color choice and readability, and that's before we even considered color-blindness. My question is: how hard is it to add an outline color in Renpy? Our discussion was mostly in Twine, and I think we figured out a way to make a really dark-colored font color stand out to be readable against a dark background.
Interesting! What did you figure out in the end? (So many colours I can't use for character names that would suit them better)

kaorok

May 31, 2017
It was a simple matter of adding a white outline around words in that particular font color. To be honest I have the same readability issue with the Protoganist's dialogue color here in SpaceCorps, his dark blue name color just gets lost in most scenes and backgrounds.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
It was a simple matter of adding a white outline around words in that particular font color. To be honest I have the same readability issue with the Protoganist's dialogue color here in SpaceCorps, his dark blue name color just gets lost in most scenes and backgrounds.
How odd... in my playthroughs and all the screenshots from other players, MC's colour is bright orange! (you didn't tinker with it when looking through the code, did you? :LOL:)

Reactions: michael1984

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
So I noticed there are 7 different branches will we be able to choose between all of them in future updates ?

Or will we be forced into one branch caus of our intelligence and be forced into that forward infantry

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
So I noticed there are 7 different branches will we be able to choose between all of them in future updates ?

Or will we be forced into one branch caus of our intelligence and be forced into that forward infantry
You’ll be able to play all of them :p (different playthroughs, of course). In the next Phase of the game, you’ll be able to earn stats through training and missions, etc... Each Branch has certain stat requirements (E.g. more IQ for SciCorps, more strength for Forward Infantry) and at the end of that Phase, you’ll be able to pick any Branch you‘ve earned the stats for.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
You’ll be able to play all of them :p (different playthroughs, of course). In the next Phase of the game, you’ll be able to earn stats through training and missions, etc... Each Branch has certain stat requirements (E.g. more IQ for SciCorps, more strength for Forward Infantry) and at the end of that Phase, you’ll be able to pick any Branch you‘ve earned the stats for.
That sounds great to me because during that video introduction into the branches and Sarge and Jared were practily saying the mc was not fit for most of those branches i got a little down like the mc was lmao

So i can basicly even become a flight corp person ? Anyways glad we are not forced down to only infantry corps

Thats gotta be alot of work to get all those branches open and put missions and such in it for all them

But i do hope we will get to see some missions in the branch u take and not just seeing that as a ending with u as the mc in that outfit saying gratulations for reach this branch the end dwl

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
A lot of colorblind modes agree on the best action to take is assume everyone is colorblind. There is like 4 or so types and each would require a specific change to address them, so instead of doing that, they use symbols along with the colors. You can do this via shoving a male/female mix symbol for herm/futa, or male only symbol for gay. Or instead of throwing in a symbol, make the border to the herm or gay content slightly different. Square edges vs round, vs 1 of each, etc.

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes