RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Hmm internal striffe may be a pathway to Jimmi to climb ranks faster. :unsure:
Information is power... and people have a habit of letting their guard down around Jimmi...
Is that a Ghost in the Shell kind of reference? Wouldn't mind a Major Motoko-esque character.
You may already have one ;) Most of the GitS references end up in Morgana's storyline, but with many factions come much opportunity.

Reactions: michael1984 and L30

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
You may already have one ;) Most of the GitS references end up in Morgana's storyline, but with many factions come much opportunity.
Man now I have to wonder which GitS. Original, Innocence, Stand Alone Complex (SAC), SAC's Movie, Arise, Arise's movie, Live Action?
If it was post SAC's Movie I haven't watched those so would go over my head. However technically I mean Morgana could technically be a joke on the puppet master but I probably missed whatever it was.
-----------------

It is good you have appreciation for Ghost in the shell, even if you said you never watched Cowboy bebop. I forgive you.
-----------------

I hope you make a list in the end of all the references for people to "achievement hunt" or just read over like a director's cut. So people can learn more culture through their games.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Man now I have to wonder which GitS. Original, Innocence, Stand Alone Complex (SAC), SAC's Movie, Arise, Arise's movie, Live Action?
If it was post SAC's Movie I haven't watched those so would go over my head. However technically I mean Morgana could technically be a joke on the puppet master but I probably missed whatever it was.
-----------------

It is good you have appreciation for Ghost in the shell, even if you said you never watched Cowboy bebop. I forgive you.
-----------------

I hope you make a list in the end of all the references for people to "achievement hunt" or just read over like a director's cut. So people can learn more culture through their games.
Lol - well, I can already see you know more about GitS than I do :LOL: Good series, though, and with an excellent aesthetic (throughout versions). Currently watching Cagaster of the Insect Cage on Netflix... which is insane, but increasingly well thought through beyond the 'humans turning into giant armour plated bugs' base premise.

Lol - so many references in the game that I'm not sure I can even remember where they all came from :LOL: I will def have to do a musical guide at some point, though - not just to highlight the cover artists, but to answer some of the film references they include.

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Lol - so many references in the game that I'm not sure I can even remember where they all came from :LOL: I will def have to do a musical guide at some point, though - not just to highlight the cover artists, but to answer some of the film references they include.
Much appreciated :):geek::D

Reactions: RanliLabz

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Poor Sam has an assassin scorpion pointing a laser target at the back of his head. That will scar MC in the long run.

Maybe the 2 images are backwards? His first love Sam is murdered in the brutal wars of galactic expansion, so he tries to go all yoda and hide on a swamp planet, maybe after a while tries to drown himself, and he is rescued by this universes version of a cat girl. Mending his broken heart with purring and head scratches.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Poor Sam has an assassin scorpion pointing a laser target at the back of his head. That will scar MC in the long run.

Maybe the 2 images are backwards? His first love Sam is murdered in the brutal wars of galactic expansion, so he tries to go all yoda and hide on a swamp planet, maybe after a while tries to drown himself, and he is rescued by this universes version of a cat girl. Mending his broken heart with purring and head scratches.
:LOL: The scorpion is aiming at the jets. MC Yoda sounds fun though... 'The Force is... um... er… strong... with this one.'
All here for that Sam + MC lovin'
Hope to see something like that pic soon in game
:D Thanks Fenric. I'm thinking 3 updates (that includes the one out tomorrow ;))

Dysphorika, lemonfreak - lol... both could be fun :LOL: Fetch the snake oil!

Reactions: L30 and michael1984

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Being I am not a patreon and thus unsure if such a question has been posed in the xenobiology extras, I have to ask here. Are there any planets that have more than 1 native species who join the federation? So far from the imagery it seems no, but as the earth is very diverse they could all be from 1 planet as well.

As a small aside that might be funny, is if one planet has mini harmless versions of things from other planets that are terrifying monstrosities. Think earth with insects and then think something like starship troopers or attack of the 50 foot ant. Or if you want to go a bit more weird, fruit and James and the Giant peach or Gulliver's travels.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Being I am not a patreon and thus unsure if such a question has been posed in the xenobiology extras, I have to ask here. Are there any planets that have more than 1 native species who join the federation? So far from the imagery it seems no, but as the earth is very diverse they could all be from 1 planet as well.

As a small aside that might be funny, is if one planet has mini harmless versions of things from other planets that are terrifying monstrosities. Think earth with insects and then think something like starship troopers or attack of the 50 foot ant. Or if you want to go a bit more weird, fruit and James and the Giant peach or Gulliver's travels.
Yes! The planet Rowwwl is a good example - it has 7 Felinoid Species. They're not strictly native, since they've evolved from a cat called Mrs Tiddles - the only crash-survivor of a spaceship that was sucked 3 million years into the past by a wormhole. Patrons have seen 5 of the species so far - but the Khumon and Avavexi you see in game are both descended from Tiddles.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Not native, however that does sound like an interesting story. Which I hope he has his own "lost in space" comic book adventures.

The answer does explain the image in the swamp, and conceptually the federation picking up multiple species from a single area, instead of one offs everywhere.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Not native, however that does sound like an interesting story. Which I hope he has his own "lost in space" comic book adventures.

The answer does explain the image in the swamp, and conceptually the federation picking up multiple species from a single area, instead of one offs everywhere.
There aren't many - Rowwwl is a rarity because of it's varied geology and high radioactivity, and because the lack of native higher lifeforms offered several evolutionary gaps to fill.

Reactions: michael1984 and L30

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Yes! The planet Rowwwl is a good example - it has 7 Felinoid Species. They're not strictly native, since they've evolved from a cat called Mrs Tiddles - the only crash-survivor of a spaceship that was sucked 3 million years into the past by a wormhole. Patrons have seen 5 of the species so far - but the Khumon and Avavexi you see in game are both descended from Tiddles.
There aren't many - Rowwwl is a rarity because of it's varied geology and high radioactivity, and because the lack of native higher lifeforms offered several evolutionary gaps to fill.
How one individual evolved into seven distinct species? :unsure: :unsure:

The cat must have been pregnant before the crash, right? Lack of competition and the radiation forced high mutation across the generations until those populations changed into 7 different species.
Is that more or less what happened? :D :unsure:

ps:
Do some of the populations can reproduce between each other leaving viable descendants (that would mean they are subspecies)?

Reactions: RanliLabz

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
How one individual evolved into seven distinct species? :unsure: :unsure:

The cat must have been pregnant before the crash, right? Lack of competition and the radiation forced high mutation across the generations until those populations changed into 7 different species.
Is that more or less what happened? :D :unsure:

ps:
Do some of the populations can reproduce between each other leaving viable descendants (that would mean they are subspecies)?
She was pregnant ;) And your evolutionary theory is spot on... abundant resources and no natural predators saw them multiply rapidly.

Some of the subspecies can mate, but most resultant offspring are sterile. Others are just too different - like the Gryff - the sentient winged lions you saw in the background of some of the Krathi scene pics.

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes