Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
lol - I agree. When is someone going to come up with the magic wand that instantly lets me get all the ideas in my head into the game? :LOL:
That would be easy if you'd stop being selfish and put all your time into your game instead of stopping for food, sleep, personal time, work and bathing.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Hey RanliLabz, enjoying the game and the last update (gotta love a mad lovelorn AI and busty naughty maids).
I got a question for you though, don't you get any copyright issues with the music in your games? Or are you making enough to license them? (Not telling, just curious. lol)

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I'm loving this game so far. It's freakin hilarious, but the small texts are damn near impossible to read unless you get right up on the monitor. It makes for a nice effect, but man... some other method to express the volume of speech would be better.

Reactions: RanliLabz

rfox317

May 19, 2019
Or that I won't pirate any of your computer puns :devilish:

A rare miss, Major... although I do have a - frankly bizarre - xenomorph bit coming next year.
Harharhar on those puns

Ranli, big things have small beginnings. The possibilities of a xenomorph in SpaceCorps...AMAZING!!!

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Harharhar on those puns

Ranli, big things have small beginnings. The possibilities of a xenomorph in SpaceCorps...AMAZING!!!
Xenomorph Queen :LOL: And that’s all I’m saying for now - except that she has a musical number :whistle:

And that really is all I’m saying for now. Except... :censored:

Reactions: rfox317

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
I'm loving this game so far. It's freakin hilarious, but the small texts are damn near impossible to read unless you get right up on the monitor. It makes for a nice effect, but man... some other method to express the volume of speech would be better.
Thanks desmosome! :D Yeah - I might size up most of the smallest texts when I do my big edit of the existing game next year - save everyone from squinting :LOL:
Hey RanliLabz, enjoying the game and the last update (gotta love a mad lovelorn AI and busty naughty maids).
I got a question for you though, don't you get any copyright issues with the music in your games? Or are you making enough to license them? (Not telling, just curious. lol)
lol - cheers acewinz! :D
My music budget is pretty small. Most of the songs are free to use, but I use cover versions for the big name ones that aren’t (so classical versions of pop or country versions of rock). Since I don’t have a legal department yet :)LOL:), I just gotta trust the cover artists have theit own licences in order!
EDIT: I also don’t have the songs behind a paywall to avoid (most) of the commercial licences terms.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Seemed like the game had a good thing going with the sci-fi and aliens stuff but then packed the narrative with all this hell and demons mumbo jumbo. Surely it would have been better to start making a new game if you changed your mind?
It's a comedy game.

Nothing in it is serious.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Seemed like the game had a good thing going with the sci-fi and aliens stuff but then packed the narrative with all this hell and demons mumbo jumbo. Surely it would have been better to start making a new game if you changed your mind?
It’s both things - the sci-fi is one strand, the daemon are another. They all fit together, but players will be able concentrate on the ones they prefer at the cost of some content. Also: :devilish: = made up race of beings, :alien: = made up race of beings ;) I don’t think there’s too much of a thematic clash.

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
The same think about another game I don't go to name here...

azagtoth56

Dec 19, 2018
Thanks desmosome! :D Yeah - I might size up most of the smallest texts when I do my big edit of the existing game next year - save everyone from squinting :LOL:

lol - cheers acewinz! :D
My music budget is pretty small. Most of the songs are free to use, but I use cover versions for the big name ones that aren’t (so classical versions of pop or country versions of rock). Since I don’t have a legal department yet :)LOL:), I just gotta trust the cover artists have theit own licences in order!
EDIT: I also don’t have the songs behind a paywall to avoid (most) of the commercial licences terms.
Well I do know that Hayseed Dixie has their licenses in order, so at least with them you are good :p

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Well I do know that Hayseed Dixie has their licenses in order, so at least with them you are good :p
Fellow bluegrass fan! :D It’s not my top genre, but Hayseed Dixie are awesome... Have you heard the Dead South? They’re my current country favourites :whistle:

Reactions: azagtoth56

jurghen

Jul 25, 2017
really enjoyable so far and very good comedy and jokes, interested to see where the story goes, (yeeey finally some preggo stuff also! hopeing to c more of that ) :D

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
really enjoyable so far and very good comedy and jokes, interested to see where the story goes, (yeeey finally some preggo stuff also! hopeing to c more of that ) :D
Thanks Jurghen! :D (and yes - I’ve got something big planned on the preggernut front :LOL:)

Reactions: jurghen

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
Yeah, nevermind the game, I'd download it for the music intermezzos alone. Man, that Lola Rennt one ... it's been YEARS since I heard that! So damn cool and nostalgic.

• Love
Reactions: mpror and RanliLabz

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
The Android version of 0.2.7 is out... finally :D
Apologies about the wait!

Yeah, nevermind the game, I'd download it for the music intermezzos alone. Man, that Lola Rennt one ... it's been YEARS since I heard that! So damn cool and nostalgic.
:p Thanks Nizzquizz - good to hear all the music hunting is worth it! (just call me Tarantino, lol). Run Lola Run was a good, weird film :)

Reactions: Nizzquizz
4.10 star(s) 168 Votes