RPGM Abandoned Special Request [v0.7] [Nemiegs]

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes

Pollux

Jan 4, 2018

Hi, dear supporters of Laura!
I have received questions about the release day recently. I had written before that I planned early access for 10.09.2021. However, some things have changed so, here is the most up-to-date info for you.
Apart from the game and my main job, I do for a living, I do one more important thing in my life. Here is not the right place to discuss, I believe. But all I can say is that some periods mostly on weekends, I have to be away from a PC, phone, electricity, internet or any other goods of civilization. Usually, those periods are known upfront. I take this into account when talking about the release dates. Unfortunately, because of the geopolitical situation, this has changed a bit. I must be away more often also during the working days. The last couple of weeks had been extra busy because of this. My apologies to supporters I did not answer during the weekend as I was away again. Usually, I try to catch my game schedule during the holidays when I have them. But I will not have any free days until the end of September. There is nothing I can do now to make early access happen on 10.09.2021.
The new dates. They are rock hard unless a force majeure situation happens:
1. early access = 13th or 14th of September
2. Official release day one week later.
Now about the frequency of future updates.
During these unstable times, smaller time chunks are much more manageable. So releases will be more frequent but will contain one in-game day with five events to CG gallery. I need about five weeks to render one day. One week I need as a reserve if I have to be away unexpectedly. For dialogues, I will need 1-2 days. For coding 1-2 days as well. So the time between the updates will be 6-7 weeks.
That is it for today. Now back to rendering!

Huge thanks for your support!
Regards,
Nemiegs.

Pollux

Jan 4, 2018

Dear supporters!
I have finished all of the renders and all of the postwork.
v0.8 will contain over 600 pictures and 16 animations.
Now just three things are left to do.
Dialogues.
Coding.
And if time will allow - compressing. The game is big. And I think I finally found how to squeeze it without sacrificing the quality of renders much.
Thanks for your support, and have a great weekend!
Regards,
Nemiegs.

Latex224

Engaged Member
Mar 28, 2019

Dear supporters!
I have finished all of the renders and all of the postwork.
v0.8 will contain over 600 pictures and 16 animations.
Now just three things are left to do.
Dialogues.
Coding.
And if time will allow - compressing. The game is big. And I think I finally found how to squeeze it without sacrificing the quality of renders much.
Thanks for your support, and have a great weekend!
Regards,
Nemiegs.
A weekly update to go the weekend in meet. :)
Thanks 4 the share. :)

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
So, looking at the updates..does this mean 0.7 from the Ren'Py version will be included in the RPGM version, as well, and/or does this mean the Ren'Py version will be also updated from 0.7 to 0.8?
I was playing the RPGM version originally, then noticed the Ren'py version had an extra update to it. I then swapped to Ren'py, deleting all RPGM files. I mean, this being on of my favorite games on here, I'd probably start over again if needed haha...but, just curious.

Pollux

Jan 4, 2018

Dear supporters!
I took the risk of releasing an early update today, as I have to leave again for the next three days.
I'll be back on Monday. The official release of v0.8 is next Thursday.

Thank you for your support!

Regards,
Nemiegs.

Latex224

Engaged Member
Mar 28, 2019

Dear supporters!
I took the risk of releasing an early update today, as I have to leave again for the next three days.
I'll be back on Monday. The official release of v0.8 is next Thursday.

Thank you for your support!

Regards,
Nemiegs.
The clown(and the update) to the left are welcome anytime but the clown to the right looks creepy so I am not so sure if I am ready yet to get the clown (to the left/update) on my computer ;) HAHA

Thanks 4 the news update Pollux and Congratz to Nemiegs with the early update release. :) :)

Reactions: Pollux and Dr70_1

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
There won't be any new release on RPGM. Nemiegs now focuses only on Renpy
I've seen multiple posts in this page abouut new versions. So, I assumed those posts were about this version and not the Renpy version. So, I guess anything posted in here or in the Renpy page is all about the Renpy version, regardless if it is posted in the RPGM page or not? lol

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
I've seen multiple posts in this page abouut new versions. So, I assumed those posts were about this version and not the Renpy version. So, I guess anything posted in here or in the Renpy page is all about the Renpy version, regardless if it is posted in the RPGM page or not? lol
Yes and no - there was/is a Renpy version not made by Nemiegs, but if my understanding is correct Nemiegs started two versions ago to port the RPGM to Renpy and develops atm first on Renpy and then on RPGM but tries to update both at the same time. Last time there where was a problem on RPGM and and a delay on RPGM.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Yes and no - there was/is a Renpy version not made by Nemiegs, but if my understanding is correct Nemiegs started two versions ago to port the RPGM to Renpy and develops atm first on Renpy and then on RPGM but tries to update both at the same time. Last time there where was a problem on RPGM and and a delay on RPGM.
The last I read from the dev was that he is likely moving solely to Renpy and just abandoning RPGM. He almost quit due to various different reasons. But, then I saw comments in the RPGM thread about a new version/update, and thought the new update was gonna be for the RPGM version...a fair assumption since the comments were on the RPGM page. But, someone has claimed they are updates for the Renpy version. I felt the need to ask though, just to confirm, because of what the dev had previously said about just working solely on Renpy.
I'd rather continue with the Renpy version, though, cause I started on RPGM, then when I noticed the Renpy version was the only one getting updated, I deleted the RPGM files, downloaded Renpy version and started from the beginning. I'd hate to do that again if the dev swapped again. lol

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
I'd rather continue with the Renpy version, though, cause I started on RPGM, then when I noticed the Renpy version was the only one getting updated, I deleted the RPGM files, downloaded Renpy version and started from the beginning. I'd hate to do that again if the dev swapped again. lol
IF he decides to use solely RPGM again it should be no problem. The rpgm-version had always savegames included.

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
About the Devs decision about the RPGM version, he wrote on his Patreon on 7.6.21:
The RPG version is finally ready. And unfortunately for some, it is the last time. I feel bad about breaking my promise, however, I have to sacrifice it for the future of the project. I had a lot of ideas about hidden events on maps. I did not have time to implement them. But I think I have found a way to do it in RenPy. In future will contain some elements from RPG and go slightly away from being a slideshow of pictures.
And on 11.6.21:
sadly for some of you, I will refuse from RPG. This will save some time and will allow me to concentrate on fewer things.
So, it's only Ren'Py anymore.

Pollux

Jan 4, 2018

Hi, supporters of Laura's adventures!
On Thursday, I released the official update v0.8. As always, five days later, it will be available to the Officer tier. Ten days later to Citizen tier. And after to the public.
Next week I will start rendering v0.9. In the following weekly update, I will give you the estimated time of the next release.
As I wrote some time ago, v0.9 will contain one in-game day. And waiting time will be much shorter. It also will be very complicated for me, as among others there will be three mass scenes.
That is it for today.
I wish you a great weekend!

Regards,
Nemiegs.

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes