rgevake

Dec 23, 2017
"You must disable Water Skin I to fight Quentin".
I talked to the first brawler only during midgame and I'm unable to fight him. Am I locked out?

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
0.13.2 is publicily out. You can get it now on .
I will upload it here sometime next week.

The current project plan forsees finishing 1.0 in about 2.5+ years.
How many scenes will have images added to H-scenes retroactively?
A lot of the scenes currently don't match what's being written. Like in the John scenes at Riverflow.

I know that the answer to more images is needing more money for production, but compared to everything else you have going for this game it really is a weakness. Wanna stress out that I'm only pointing out at all because I consider it a high quality game.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
How many scenes will have images added to H-scenes retroactively?
A lot of the scenes currently don't match what's being written. Like in the John scenes at Riverflow.

I know that the answer to more images is needing more money for production, but compared to everything else you have going for this game it really is a weakness. Wanna stress out that I'm only pointing out at all because I consider it a high quality game.
Wait what in the John scene in Riverflow doesn't match what's being written? You are referring to the kissing scene right?
That one is illustrated.
The first John scene with when learning Protect I in Trademond is not illustrated and will be illustrated soon, hopefully starting second half of this month.

In general, quite a few scenes are now illustrated. The only one's missing are Breast Groping By John, the two formula peddler scenes, and Feeding Mouth To Mouth.
I can only commission art at the speed the artist works and then only with the budget I have. It's already at 700-800€ per month.

Ultimately, art production speed is mostly the result of community decisions to support the game or not.

Xaoyu

Dec 31, 2017
I played the whole content yesteray and i have to say that i don't think the game is doing great as a rpg, mostly 'cause of a lack of replayability, no interesting combat mechanic, and no interesting farming event/gameplay.

The story is cool, original, interesting. The characters are also well written. The potential in term of fun is here, but the execution is lacking.

There is a lof of work and a lot of focus on the script, which isn't a bad thing in itself, except when it's at the expense of a solid gameplay. The Gameplay has to come first in video games.

Here, the combat mechanics are quite classic. It's mostly about increasing the MC base stat by reading books or paying for upgraded equipment. When a fight seem too hard you click on "release collar", you win, and you spend the corruption you got from it when she's asleep or you buy some blessed water... So the whole combat system is more a chore than something you are exciting to do and learn (i played the game in the hardest difficulty so in "story mode" it must be even more boring)

The mission system is linear and you don't have any choices. You have to do all of them, one after an other to progress with the main story and to unlock one or two optionnal side quests. So again it's not quite fitting for a rpg since you don't personnalize your experience.

The erotic events (which are quite rare) are locked behind a stat called lewdness. You don't get to see any lewd event if you didn't agree on it. So no forced content, and actually no content at all if you don't always choose the lewd options anyway. If you didn't increase enough your lewdness with the first events, the later erotic events won't even be an option for you. It's really strict and again very linear : you are lewd or you have no erotic content.

There is nothing you can farm that contain gameplay. To win money you do the quest (that you are forced to do anyway), there are no side jobs with cool and fun mechanic that allows you to grind money or stat or ero events. To win stat you just pay the blacksmith and he will improve your gear. AGAIN : very straightforward, linear and without gameplay.

The game is saved by the effort put into the script. But without that it would be extremely basic. I don't think that updating the game to unlock more story is a good idea, i think the dev(s)s should focus on the base and make it really solid by increasing the fun of the gameplay and the replayability of the game.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
I played the whole content yesteray and i have to say that i don't think the game is doing great as a rpg, mostly 'cause of a lack of replayability, no interesting combat mechanic, and no interesting farming event/gameplay.

The story is cool, original, interesting. The characters are also well written. The potential in term of fun is here, but the execution is lacking.

There is a lof of work and a lot of focus on the script, which isn't a bad thing in itself, except when it's at the expense of a solid gameplay. The Gameplay has to come first in video games.

Here, the combat mechanics are quite classic. It's mostly about increasing the MC base stat by reading books or paying for upgraded equipment. When a fight seem too hard you click on "release collar", you win, and you spend the corruption you got from it when she's asleep or you buy some blessed water... So the whole combat system is more a chore than something you are exciting to do and learn (i played the game in the hardest difficulty so in "story mode" it must be even more boring)

The mission system is linear and you don't have any choices. You have to do all of them, one after an other to progress with the main story and to unlock one or two optionnal side quests. So again it's not quite fitting for a rpg since you don't personnalize your experience.

The erotic events (which are quite rare) are locked behind a stat called lewdness. You don't get to see any lewd event if you didn't agree on it. So no forced content, and actually no content at all if you don't always choose the lewd options anyway. If you didn't increase enough your lewdness with the first events, the later erotic events won't even be an option for you. It's really strict and again very linear : you are lewd or you have no erotic content.

There is nothing you can farm that contain gameplay. To win money you do the quest (that you are forced to do anyway), there are no side jobs with cool and fun mechanic that allows you to grind money or stat or ero events. To win stat you just pay the blacksmith and he will improve your gear. AGAIN : very straightforward, linear and without gameplay.

The game is saved by the effort put into the script. But without that it would be extremely basic. I don't think that updating the game to unlock more story is a good idea, i think the dev(s)s should focus on the base and make it really solid by increasing the fun of the gameplay and the replayability of the game.
If you are more interested in the RPG aspect have you tried getting a purity run/full score? Otherwise, this sounds mostly like the lack of a higher difficulty level; considering all the feedback I have on the game being on the too difficult side.

This is definitely not a grind game. I would look elsewhere for that.

Reactions: RandomLeviathan

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017

I think the gameplay, while not revolutionary or open-ended, is better than the vast majority of H-games, including the Japanese RPGM games that inspired it. The game that the dev cited as a primary influence is not only grindy, but the walktrough actually recommends that you do a sexless run the first time around so that the real, lewd playthrough isn't such a chore. SKA has tricky but beatable bosses, no grinding, and so far has managed to stay challenging throughout. Too challenging for quite a few players, in fact.

There is a bit of leeway with building Aura, in particular deciding what items to feed to the slime, what to take to the blacksmith and what to sell. Also deciding what order to train the skills in.

Most of the lewd scenes have some kind of reward to them, so passing on them means you pass on resources like money. So both Aura and the player have reason to do them. You can also lower the lewdness requirement with a certain mental change. Also, through the use of "pink" scenes, you reduce the number of early scenes you have to do and be more selective.

Corruption can overflow and lead to a Game Over, and this is something a number of players run into through overuse of Star Knightess. Personally, I use it to skip certain bosses and fight the ones I find easier for my build.

I do agree it would be nice to have optional jobs with different gameplay mechanics to add variety to the gameplay without being necessary or overpowered. Karryn's Prison really benefits from this, for example.

Last edited:

bimboform

Feb 13, 2020
-snipped for length-
I disagree with most of that. However I do agree that the escalating lewdness requirements will become a problem, even if it isn’t an issue yet. Each major area needs its own ‘entry level’ lewd scenes. Or there needs to be more ‘always available’ scenes that the game reminds you of occasionally. (Note that I suspect aura-dev already realised this and that the recent change to lewdness growth was in preparation for implementing something along these lines.)

Mostly the problems you raise are just a matter of the game being a one-person project still fairly early in development. If you want a fully fleshed out RPG with tons of customisation then I recommend Skyrim.

the_anthony

Jan 28, 2020
Screenshot (4).png
where do can I find all 4 pieces of the formula? I've looked everywhere in the vault and I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Stormaggeddon

Aug 2, 2020
My suggestion would be have a mode where the player can choose when to end the day. Instead of being able to read ONE book ONE time, or upgrade equipment ONE time, or it takes TWO DAYS to learn ONE spell. I mean talk about a grind fest. Then after that you are rewarded with a bunch of dialogue that half the time seems pointless and is way to time consuming that i lose interest and skip more then half of it.

The game itself isn't bad I mean the actual story is really good it is just all the talking that gets tedious and mind numbing

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
My suggestion would be have a mode where the player can choose when to end the day. Instead of being able to read ONE book ONE time, or upgrade equipment ONE time, or it takes TWO DAYS to learn ONE spell. I mean talk about a grind fest. Then after that you are rewarded with a bunch of dialogue that half the time seems pointless and is way to time consuming that i lose interest and skip more then half of it.

The game itself isn't bad I mean the actual story is really good it is just all the talking that gets tedious and mind numbing
Your one suggestion is to remove the balancing of a game that is built to be ungrindable because you find it to be to a grindfest? And also to remove some dialogue because it is too time consuming to have a story presented to you in text form? I hope you can manage to enjoy parts of this game, but I fear that it might not be well suited for you.
Even on story mode, the passage of days is important for the real world events to progress, and is a balancing tool that puts you on a rather strict timer (at least for purity runs) in normal mode. As for the dialogue, people do love to hear themselves talk, but, to me, this behavior fits in with the multitude of anime tropes present throughout the game.

3.90 star(s) 175 Votes