VN Unity Abandoned Star Maidens [Ch. 2 v0.2] [Banana Juice]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

jenn20

Dec 17, 2017
About our laziness.
We are working on the job. On average, 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. We come in the evening and spend another 2-3 hours on the game. Not every day. We do not work on the game at the weekend, as everyone should sometimes relax. What do you need to do to release at least such a short update? Let's see. Four art (3-6 hours each), three backgrounds(1-2 hours each), a new character (6 hours to create an image), 3 portraits for a new character (3 hours), 15 pages of script (12 hours), scene coding (this includes the search for sounds, music, portraits, particle effects, translation, testing - a total of 20 hours), builds for 4 platforms (1 hour), placement on file sharing (30 minutes). Let's count: we've got about 50 hours of clean working time. We published the previous update on July 18. Since then, it has been 15 working days (as I mentioned we rest on weekends, as we have families, friends, and we can not sit for work 7 days a week). So to release this update we had to spend 50 / 15 = 3.33 hours a day. Every day.
About being condemned to failure.
Let's read what we say about deadlines on our patreon page.
"How often will updates be released? It will take us 1 to 3 months to create each Chapter."
The previous Chapter was released on July 8. But we spent 2 weeks creating new features that players asked for (fast forward, rollback, gallery, etc.) We tried to implement as soon as possible. After such a hard crunch, we rested for about a week. So we started to develop a new Chapter on July 29. We released this update 2 weeks later.
Yes, it's short, but we promised to release an update by that date, and we didn't want to break that promise.
Total passed 15 days from the declared 3 months. That's about 15 percent. You also need to consider that we published not all of that had to do with that time, but only fully finished material.
P.S. This is a forum where people share their games absolutely for free. If you support someone financially, and that someone doesn't keep their promises, breaks all deadlines, you can write to him on his patreon page or anywhere else where you support him. There is no point in splashing out your negativity on the developers here. Especially if these developers have not done anything wrong. Peace to all!
Great work and a lot of potential
What software do you use for the artwork

D

Deleted member 1481465

I like what you're trying to do however I have two main issues:

1) The translation and grammar is really not very good. It makes the conversations distracting.

2) The descriptive text is very flowery for a VN. I would understand if you were writing an erotic novel, but the renders are there to fill in a lot of detail. 6 text boxes full of info on how water trickles down a woman's body is - to be honest - distracting as we already picture that in our heads.

Keep up the good work, but I would suggest better translations.

Pirat1000

Sep 5, 2018
Is there any chance he's not his own son and brother??? And have sex with your beautiful red-haired sister???????????:love::love::love:

Banana Juice

Game Developer
May 31, 2019
1) The translation and grammar is really not very good. It makes the conversations distracting.
We are working on localization. At the moment it is being redone again. Soon we will release a build with much better localization :giggle:
@Banana Juice Is there any way that you could upload a mac version that is accessible like the first release?
Yes, certainly. We will release a build with a working version for Mac.
any chance of having an incest patch in the game?
It may be.
Nice renders, did we know when will be the next update?
We got a lot of criticism for too short an update. The next few updates will only come out for patrons. Except for the update with the new localization and fixes for Mac. A plot update for everyone will come out when we finish the second Chapter. This can take anywhere from one to two months.

Reactions: Kingvlad

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
We are working on localization. At the moment it is being redone again. Soon we will release a build with much better localization :giggle:

Yes, certainly. We will release a build with a working version for Mac.

It may be.

We got a lot of criticism for too short an update. The next few updates will only come out for patrons. Except for the update with the new localization and fixes for Mac. A plot update for everyone will come out when we finish the second Chapter. This can take anywhere from one to two months.
I think people only complained about the short update because they didn't understand the modifying that went on under the hood.

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
Yup, the guys worked on ton of features for the game after the first release, so there was no time to make much content... at first I was afraid that we are gonna get updates like this, but immediately realised it was bullshit, because I remembered the reason.
P.S. I hate Jack for not going on that "date" with Beth... I want to kick his ass! xD Yes, I made a mistake like that when I was in high school, that's why! xD

• Love
Reactions: Banana Juice

Kingvlad

Active Member woow
Mar 21, 2018
:love: Great news Banana Juice :love:

(y) Keep up the great work (y)

Dear friends! We're almost done with another short update. The release will take place on Sunday. We also have good news: a new corrected translation for all scenes will be ready soon. Thank you for your patience!

t77

Apr 18, 2017
From Patreon Page Public Update:

Hello, everyone!
It was definitely one of the most difficult moments in the development of the project, but we managed to overcome all the problems. We are very happy to be able to share a few more scenes with you. Thank you for your support, it is very important for us!
Windows 32: - -
Windows 64: - -
MacOS: - -
Linux: - -
Enjoy the game!

HerbertIronsides

Oct 2, 2017
From Patreon Page Public Update:

Hello, everyone!
It was definitely one of the most difficult moments in the development of the project, but we managed to overcome all the problems. We are very happy to be able to share a few more scenes with you. Thank you for your support, it is very important for us!
Windows 32: - -
Windows 64: - -
MacOS: - -
Linux: - -
Enjoy the game!
Is there anything in the update worth downloading for?

Reactions: mammonite
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes