VN Unity Abandoned Star Maidens [Ch. 2 v0.2] [Banana Juice]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Akhre

Feb 8, 2019
View attachment 387235

Overview:
About the game
The name of our game is Star Maidens. It is a visual novel with a deep extensive storyline, well - developed characters and a role - play possibility. We put an emphasis on creating an interesting setting and a high - quality script. When working on the game, we were looking for the inspiration in some old-school iconic works: The X-Files, Star Wars, Lovecraft, Stephen King and others.
If you missed the interesting stories and look for some adventure - this game is just for you!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2019-08-09
Release Date: 2019-08-09
Developer: -
Censored: No
Version: Chapter 2 v0.2
Language: English / Russian
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Mac Fix:

DOWNLOAD
Windows 32:
- -
Windows 64: - -
MacOS: - -
Linux: - -

Extras: Fan Signatures

View attachment 314216 View attachment 314219 View attachment 314223 View attachment 314224 View attachment 314225 View attachment 314226 View attachment 314228

Ok, here's my take:
The renders are gorgeous, absolutely stunning. The models, the poses, the lighting etc.
The writing is interesting. Since I played some time ago I don't remember does it need proofing or not (developer russian, so it probably needs proofing badly), but I remember it was not bad stylistically at least.
The potential mechanics seem interesting. I.e. I liked how the "basketball game" went.
The characters seem interesting and diverse.
Anyway, almost everything about this game screams high production quality and talented developer/developers. Except one thing...
yOu aRe tHe sEcReT cHoSeN oNe aNd tHe fAtE oF tHe wOrLd hAnGs oN yOuR sHoUlDeRs.
The developer says it himself:
When working on the game, we were looking for the inspiration in some old-school iconic works: The X-Files, Star Wars, Lovecraft, Stephen King and others.
To say that romance/eroge school setting doesn't mesh with any of these genres/inspirations AT ALL would be an understatement.
I remember when I saw Molder and Skully in-game leaving the principals office my suspense of disbelief went POOF.
"it's just a game. And a pretty silly one at that".
Anyway, I can't / won't begin to fathom why the developer thinks this is a good idea, but trust me, it's not.
Imo it would have potential to be 9.5 / 10 as a standalone school / romance game.
But it will be AT BEST an 8 / 10 low-fantasy mesh-up.
If I was the developer, I would cut out all the low-fantasy shit (while it's still not too late, not too much work has been put into it), wipe a single tear for all the lost time creating it and then go on to making one of the best school romance renpy games of all time.
Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan low-fantasy and sci-fi, but this fucking trope "real life school teen turns out to be the chosen one in a low fantasy setting" is just so fucking stupid. These beautiful renders and good writing deserve better.
I am taking the time to type this because I acknowledge the developer has real talent doing superb renders, writing decent story and molding unique and interesting characters. Don't let it all go to waste with a trashy, cheesy, over-used trope setting. Either go school romance (with 0 fantasy, 0 sci-fi) or full on sci-fi (not low fantasy) .The second option would probably be A LOT to remake and the school romance vibe was really good in chapter 1 so I would go with that.

Reactions: yoyomistro

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Two " sex " scenes and it's not even with the MC. I hope he won't fuck them later.
Are we sure we have the real MC ?
No revenge planned on Rob and his whore ? Again the cliché with the captain of the team bad guy who fucks every girls he wants.
Mike is too stupid, can I dispose of him ?
Well, I guess Kritine and Christine are the same person ? Same hair style and all.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Render level : "Holy Shit" levels of nice.

Engrish level (not always, but often) : It's as if Babel Fish and Google Translate had an illegitimate love child, threw it in a dumpster in some alley, and the guy that found it and is typing in the words has Parkinsons.

Interface : Seems a bit clumsy, but it's Unity so that's not surprising.

Also : Unity :confused:

That said...those models though...

I hope the game doesn't end up being some NTR-cuck fantasy thing.

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
Not a lot of sexual content here yet. It's fairly jarring as I was expecting a sci fi but it's really just a high school slice of life. Renders look nice, but the saves kind of suck since they don't actually save where you were at, they always start you at the beginning of the scene you saved at. Would be nice to control how text appears across the scene too. It has...Potential.

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
Holy actually fucking shit with that Mac workaround. I'm not sure why all these updates now have this problem when the first release worked just fine.

fuckyouassholes

Nov 27, 2018
beautiful girls ! amazing game here !

Banana Juice have you thought about making this in Ren'Py ? it would ease your work and allow you to produce stuff faster than Unity.

let me know what you think !

puppy.love

Dec 27, 2018
1568621592464.png mac can't open! you must enter app package content ,next enter macos flinder , then change file kind in terminal! you need input "chmod +x /path /gamename"
previous change 1568624076800.png
1568623441940.png
edit in terminal
1568623860589.png

changed
1568623363487.png
next right click open

Last edited:

Alex040677

Jun 4, 2017
Hi, Is it possible to ask someone know with which graphics program these wonderful female characters are made?
And anyway a nice 10 to the developer, I must say that it is the best ever of all the ones I could see.

naweno

Sep 19, 2019
Apparently the developer's native language is Russian. The translation, therefore, is brokken Engrish

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes