Apr 8, 2023
  1. Hey, I've been playing Star Periphery for a short time, and very slowly, as if I was afraid that the game would end soon, and I subconsciously prolonged the game. Overall, I really like the game, which is a nice surprise, because there are very few good things with a futa on male fetish. I really liked Anashey, but unfortunately he never finished "Anal Assault - Lesson". I like "nobody in particular" comics, but they usually only have a few pages of stories. I used to really like the game [SaNyaNya] Morning Futa, but as soon as it was released it was abandoned very quickly. It's a pity because it had great potential. I had a lot of fun playing "Sex and fantasy - Village of centaurs", but the game is being converted into 3D, and it is not known what will come out of it. What I'm getting at is that there isn't much "futa on male" content, and on top of that, he's unlucky.​
  2. Futadom World - Binding Sim is a good game, but it was Star Periphery that made me realize how much I was struggling with it. I appreciate the large amount of work that was put into this game, especially since there is not much of this type of content at a decent level on the Internet. But the game has a problem, right at the core, the fundamental assumptions were bad in my opinion. For example, increasing your stats in Futadomworld. You practice anal, oral, etc., you do the same repetitive thing over and over again, it's very boring and it kills all the fun of the game. The game itself constantly throws obstacles in your way. The game is simply artificially prolonged, and in a very tiring way. In the end, it doesn't reward you enough because pushing a plot with a character rarely ends in an erotic scene. And if it does, it's just one short animation that, for God's sake, will lower your stats even further. Overall, one of the biggest drawbacks of Futadom World is the small amount of animated artworks, and in general, erotic scenes. In Futadom, the text often announced that some erotic stuff was happening, and there was nothing on the screen, often nothing, until one animation appeared. In my opinion, getting drunk on cum ruins the game, there should be an option to turn it off. I saw GAME OVER on screen too often. The game punishes you for experimenting and having fun, it makes no sense, in Star Periphery, when you go all out, the game will raise your statistics, you will earn more money and unlock new scenes, in Futadom World, you will see a big GAME OVER sign, as if the game didn't want you to play it.​
  3. Let's compare it to Star Periphery again, here each thread may end with an erotic scene, but it doesn't have to, and that's how it's supposed to look like, after all, it's an erotic game. Sex scenes increase your stats, the game rewards you for having fun, not punishing you. You don't go to some school and do the same boring thing over and over again, you just get to know the world and have a great time. Futadomworld, when I started a thread with a character, I continued it until the end, and then the game ended and I started from the beginning. In Star Periphery you feel like you've entered a well-made open world, like in "ELDEN RING". You want to get to know every place and every character, and the game makes it possible and even encourages you to do so. In Futadom World, earning money through jobs was as boring and repetitive as raising your stats. However, in Star Periphery, earning money and working are the elements of the game you are waiting for. It's about working because there is always something interesting going to happen. In fact, in Futadomworld you only need money to pay taxes and rent, in Star Periphery it is solved nicely in the plot, and you have this feeling that you are striving for something. You have debt to pay and stuff like that. Believe me, I could write a lot more, but this post would not fit on your screens. But I hope you understand what I mean. When I was playing Futadom World, I was getting tired, but maybe I didn't want to notice it because there aren't many games of this type. But Star Periphery opened my eyes, and in my opinion it brilliantly exposes Futadom World for all its conceptual flaws. And as I wrote once, Star Periphery is not a game for me in many respects, I don't like 3D, those exaggerated curves, much bigger than Nicki Minaj, I don't like sissification. But it made me forget about Futadom World for a moment, and in fact I don't even want to come back to this game now. Even this new update didn't encourage me.​
  4. Star Periphery has an interesting world, plot, Nice strong dominant characters, atmosphere, erotic scenes, and is incomparably more playable. The gameplay is simply pleasant, and the erotic scenes are implemented in a nice way, by adding a lot of artwork that follows the text, in my opinion it is much better implemented than in Futadom word. It also has a lot of shortcomings, for example there is little music, often all we hear is silence, and when there is music, reversing the dialogue makes the music turn off and never comes back. But we know that the game is young, unfinished and needs time. The paradox is that when I started "Star Periphery" I had the impression that it was a game in which I would be oppressed and the atmosphere would be very depressing, but this was not the case. However, in Futadomworld, you hear pleasant music in the background, which kind of lulls your attention, and after a while it turns out that you fucked up and you're a brainwashed piece of trash. In Star Periphery you are theoretically raped, or maybe I should say you are forced to satisfy someone else's sexual needs, but despite the heavier atmosphere and music, it is not that terrible, you just accept it, probably because no major harm is done to you. What's more, you even deserved it with your choices and that's cool.​
  5. For the first time I feel like being someone's patron, and that means something, because I am very greedy and I don't like to spend money. I like game reviews like this, people get outraged when someone criticizes their favorite game, but I don't hate it, I just like to point out things that, in my opinion, spoil the game, but at the same time are the foundation of the game, it can't be changed at this stage of the game, so all I have left is to play on easy. And I never play on easy because it offends me. For me, the perfect game would be a combination of Star Periphery with graphics from Futadomworld, because I personally like the 2D style and fairy-tale graphics. But I'm not complaining because Star Periphery is very nice, and in some places it's simply beautiful, you can see the work put into it. I had to vent somewhere, let me know what you think about it, whether you agree or not and best regards.​

Last edited:

VoidPilgrim

Star Periphery!
Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
please atlease grant IRIS THE SMUGLER QUEEN and THE THICKEST LOVING MOMMY FUTANARI rimjobs scene please make it nasty rimbojs while we are at it u did not had any problem in nasty sloppy bj so why not this please
I'm sorry, but I don't do requests! Each character has a certain personality, style/flair, both outside of the bedroom and in it. Changing it every time someone asks would positively kill the game, I'm afraid.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey, thank you for the in-depth thoughts! When I started making SP, Futadom World was one of my inspiration sources. But, similarly to you, I never really enjoyed that fairly dark, dystopian, brainwashing aspect of the game. I can understand why a lot of people are into it, but it is simply not for me. It's obviously all a matter of personal preference, so any kind of judgment is undesirable, but I always thought that we could have some futadom that is also a bit on the more romantic, gentler side. Hence, I try to keep SP more or less light-hearted, with pretty much every scene optional. I want the game to be a comfy experience overall.

Regarding the sound/music (or, more specifically, lack thereof!), I am gradually adding more and more into the game, as I would like to have most of the game either having some soundscape background (like the spaceport, for example) or a music track. Still, my #1 focus currently is adding more content and finishing Part 1, so admittedly, the sound is a secondary concern now. But it is planned!

About the style of the characters, SP will always be mostly about thicc (sometimes thiccc even) ladies. I make characters/kinks/etc. I am into myself. That said, I have some more lithe characters planned down the line! Feminization/sissification will always be optional, of course.

Best regards to you as well!

Apr 14, 2023
I'm sorry, but I don't do requests! Each character has a certain personality, style/flair, both outside of the bedroom and in it. Changing it every time someone asks would positively kill the game, I'm afraid.

Hey, thank you for the in-depth thoughts! When I started making SP, Futadom World was one of my inspiration sources. But, similarly to you, I never really enjoyed that fairly dark, dystopian, brainwashing aspect of the game. I can understand why a lot of people are into it, but it is simply not for me. It's obviously all a matter of personal preference, so any kind of judgment is undesirable, but I always thought that we could have some futadom that is also a bit on the more romantic, gentler side. Hence, I try to keep SP more or less light-hearted, with pretty much every scene optional. I want the game to be a comfy experience overall.

Regarding the sound/music (or, more specifically, lack thereof!), I am gradually adding more and more into the game, as I would like to have most of the game either having some soundscape background (like the spaceport, for example) or a music track. Still, my #1 focus currently is adding more content and finishing Part 1, so admittedly, the sound is a secondary concern now. But it is planned!

About the style of the characters, SP will always be mostly about thicc (sometimes thiccc even) ladies. I make characters/kinks/etc. I am into myself. That said, I have some more lithe characters planned down the line! Feminization/sissification will always be optional, of course.

well u may be right that was just a suggestion but the smuggler queen could really use a nasty sloppy rimjob what do you say ? also when can we expect animation sound like licking gagging cumming etc.

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
also hey developer can't we change ourselves for a while to a girl i would like as i am a girl irl so you know to get the feeell
like please can the next update have this ? please
i think you need to go and make your own game if you want that also im sure dev is okay with you suggesting something but you also need to take a no for an answer and also the dev told they will put things they are into in the game

Apr 8, 2023

1. Wow, I didn't know that there was a game developer himself on this website. And he will read my reflections. And I'm glad you feel the same way about Futadom World. This makes me optimistic. Many times when I turned off Futadom World, I felt more or less depressed, but I was supposed to relax and have fun. I was just thinking about what is so repulsive to me in a dystopian world. Where is the difference between your game and Futadom, since your game theoretically exudes a dark atmosphere, and there is also sexual compulsion. And I think I came to the conclusion that it is Drama. When someone suffers mental harm, for example, persecution, bully., when you feel sorry for someone, eroticism is out of the question, it's like going to have sex right after your father's funeral. I first saw the characters from neon genesis evangelion on Rule34, when I finally watched evangelion I thought to myself "F*CK".

2. I don't pick on the music because I know it will be improved someday. But there are priorities, if you released a new update that only introduced music, people would think "what the f*ck". And I'm personally more interested in history and everything else. I'll just point out that when I was going through the second day of Amira, and every time I rewound the dialogue because I wanted to make sure I translated it correctly, the music turned off and didn't come back.

3. As for my attitude towards curvy and even thicc characters, any imposition on you is wrong. The game creator must be free and not do something against his will, because that would be a recipe for disaster and another abandoned game, and that would be a curse. I'm still satisfied with their dominant character, if I had to give you an example of what characters I like. I would name the first two characters that caught my eye when I first saw Futadom World, first Rye and then Claudia. As many people as there are in the world, there may be as many opinions about what this game should look like. One person will say he wants a rimjob, but I don't like it, for example, and there will always be someone dissatisfied.

4. I also have a personal question. I like to immerse myself in the game and its atmosphere, but the language can sometimes cause problems for me. There is always a word or a saying somewhere in the game that I don't know and I have to translate it with a translator. Is it even possible (because I don't know anything about it) that when we press the "Escape" key on the keyboard and enter the dialogue history, these dialogues can be copied like normal text using the mouse buttons and then pasted into the translator?​

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
3. As for my attitude towards curvy and even thicc characters, any imposition on you is wrong. The game creator must be free and not do something against his will, because that would be a recipe for disaster and another abandoned game, and that would be a curse. I'm still satisfied with their dominant character, if I had to give you an example of what characters I like. I would name the first two characters that caught my eye when I first saw Futadom World, first Rye and then Claudia. As many people as there are in the world, there may be as many opinions about what this game should look like. One person will say he wants a rimjob, but I don't like it, for example, and there will always be someone dissatisfied.​
i always say that people need to stop trying to make dev make a game for them also thats the problem cos one say they like something and then someone else says they dont like it also if the dev says yes to one then they have to say yes to everyone else if you know what i mean

Sakyazel

Apr 3, 2021
In SP you can actually fantasize about the events without turning suspension of disbelief on the maxx and still concluding that it makes no sense. Big advantage to the other game if you ask me. One thing I think would be great to see done properly is being protected by your futas. We got a taste of it with Amira, but it was an improvised situation so to speak, just a briefly introduced danger. In FDW it has the potential to be deeper because of the whole dark setup, the looming threat is everpresent and finding someone thrustworthy and protective has (if/where it works) stronger pull on you. I dont want to diss it too hard in this regard since i remember 1 or 2 happy endings, but its severely under utilized. SPs universe is a bit different , I wouldnt want the game as focused on it as FDW should be imho (not instead but next to all their bad endings). But still, there is potential for it in SP, with the theocracy or any other antagonist faction really who is a bit more persistent problem. The union so far doesnt seem that super dark without more direct experience of its brutality. Theos are painted in a way that its more easy to associate them with an FDW kinda situation. Even up to possibly drugging their captives to keep them docile, altough i really dont miss that as an experience for the player.

Apr 8, 2023
i always say that people need to stop trying to make dev make a game for them also thats the problem cos one say they like something and then someone else says they dont like it also if the dev says yes to one then they have to say yes to everyone else if you know what i mean
Of course, yes, besides, before I watched the comic "Anal Assault - Lesson" by Anashey, I didn't think about such content, I didn't know that I might like it. I wrote earlier that I'm not a fan of Feminization/sissification, but in this game I'm going in that direction because I'm just curious about it and want to see what will happen next, how the story will unfold. Sometimes it's like that you don't know you might like something until you try it.

Oirgans

Mar 19, 2023
Have been quietly watching this thread, but just wanted to give a shoutout to the dev not only for the consistency and quality of his craft but the immense amount of patience he has answering questions and taking criticisms into account when he's already squeezing what free time he has into this project that has made me cum buckets already (given this forum, felt I had to put SOMETHING crass into this post lol).

Don't normally shower random internet people with praise like this, but VP deserves it. (y)

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
Of course, yes, besides, before I watched the comic "Anal Assault - Lesson" by Anashey, I didn't think about such content, I didn't know that I might like it. I wrote earlier that I'm not a fan of Feminization/sissification, but in this game I'm going in that direction because I'm just curious about it and want to see what will happen next, how the story will unfold. Sometimes it's like that you don't know you might like something until you try it.
also there will also be things in game that you would like to change or that you dont like about the game

assman69420

May 21, 2020
I am pretty sure it is because of the saves/persistent data. The first Gallery version was regrettably bugged, which was one of the reasons why I released R4.5, which is regrettably not save-compatible because of how persistent data work.

To fix that, you need to start a clean game. These are located in the game's folder, specifically StarPeriphery-Release4-pc\game\saves and in the Window's appdata. To delete these:
  1. Press the Windows button + r
  2. Insert "%appdata%"
  3. Go to the RenPy folder
  4. Go to the Star Periphery folder
  5. Delete all files there
You need to delete data from both of these folders (and the saves, too).
That said, this will remove all your progress from your game. So, if it is just the scenes missing from the Gallery, I would recommend just waiting for R5 and then doing it!
Just wanted to thank you for the detailed response and say this worked out great, and it was no burden to replay the game either :)

It doesn't make sense now, but once Part 1 is finished and you're able to do everything at your own pace, it will! That said, Ginny's scene in R5 will be pretty spicy!
Oh I didn't mean it as a complaint, I meant it more in the sense of, who wouldn't keep this tasty piece of ass to themselves.

Thanks again for participating so much in the thread. I am really looking forward to the next update!

Reactions: VoidPilgrim

VoidPilgrim

Star Periphery!
Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1) I actually started developing Star Periphery on F95. I think it is pretty safe to say that without this forum, there would be no SP!
Speaking about the atmosphere, the game is mostly visually dark now because Part 1 is nearly entirely set on PS-10, which is admittedly a pretty cyberpunk-ish place. Part 2 and onwards will be very different since you will be traveling all around the galaxy. Here is a little teaser of one of the many places you'll visit:
indcove4K.jpg
(The pic is actually 4K, you can zoom in for all the details!)

2) Regarding the music, I am aware of the bug; it is present in more scenes than Amira's. It will be fixed! That said, I am still wondering how to deal with it in her specific case since the music drop is timed with the action.

4) I am not 100% sure if RenPy allows it, but I'll write it down and check if it is possible to implement!

In SP you can actually fantasize about the events without turning suspension of disbelief on the maxx and still concluding that it makes no sense. Big advantage to the other game if you ask me. One thing I think would be great to see done properly is being protected by your futas. We got a taste of it with Amira, but it was an improvised situation so to speak, just a briefly introduced danger. In FDW it has the potential to be deeper because of the whole dark setup, the looming threat is everpresent and finding someone thrustworthy and protective has (if/where it works) stronger pull on you. I dont want to diss it too hard in this regard since i remember 1 or 2 happy endings, but its severely under utilized. SPs universe is a bit different , I wouldnt want the game as focused on it as FDW should be imho (not instead but next to all their bad endings). But still, there is potential for it in SP, with the theocracy or any other antagonist faction really who is a bit more persistent problem. The union so far doesnt seem that super dark without more direct experience of its brutality. Theos are painted in a way that its more easy to associate them with an FDW kinda situation. Even up to possibly drugging their captives to keep them docile, altough i really dont miss that as an experience for the player.
I'm very happy about what you mentioned about the suspension of belief! Thank you! It is my own personal gripe with many games (and not just smut; a lot of AAA titles as well) that immersion is often either severely lacking or simply not there, the storylines are not making sense, etc. Naturally, this is a porn game, first and foremost, but I still try to keep everything sensible.

About the protection theme, you'll see a lot of that during the later parts of the game (again, Part 2 and onwards) when MC becomes a fully-fledged part of the crew. Each of the girls will have little something through which they will act protective towards him, all while providing ways for him to get better at various skills (both sexual and non-sexual). Obviously, it will be different with each one of them, depending on their personality. The main story will also be in full gear (we are basically finishing the intro now), and there will be a bit more fleshed-out dangers.

Have been quietly watching this thread, but just wanted to give a shoutout to the dev not only for the consistency and quality of his craft but the immense amount of patience he has answering questions and taking criticisms into account when he's already squeezing what free time he has into this project that has made me cum buckets already (given this forum, felt I had to put SOMETHING crass into this post lol).

Don't normally shower random internet people with praise like this, but VP deserves it. (y)
Thank you very much, Oirgans!

Just wanted to thank you for the detailed response and say this worked out great, and it was no burden to replay the game either :)
I'm glad it worked!

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
1) I actually started developing Star Periphery on F95. I think it is pretty safe to say that without this forum, there would be no SP!
Speaking about the atmosphere, the game is mostly visually dark now because Part 1 is nearly entirely set on PS-10, which is admittedly a pretty cyberpunk-ish place. Part 2 and onwards will be very different since you will be traveling all around the galaxy. Here is a little teaser of one of the many places you'll visit:
View attachment 3254145

2) Regarding the music, I am aware of the bug; it is present in more scenes than Amira's. It will be fixed! That said, I am still wondering how to deal with it in her specific case since the music drop is timed with the action.

4) I am not 100% sure if RenPy allows it, but I'll write it down and check if it is possible to implement!

I'm very happy about what you mentioned about the suspension of belief! Thank you! It is my own personal gripe with many games (and not just smut; a lot of AAA titles as well) that immersion is often either severely lacking or simply not there, the storylines are not making sense, etc. Naturally, this is a porn game, first and foremost, but I still try to keep everything sensible.

About the protection theme, you'll see a lot of that during the later parts of the game (again, Part 2 and onwards) when MC becomes a fully-fledged part of the crew. Each of the girls will have little something through which they will act protective towards him, all while providing ways for him to get better at various skills (both sexual and non-sexual). Obviously, it will be different with each one of them, depending on their personality. The main story will also be in full gear (we are basically finishing the intro now), and there will be a bit more fleshed-out dangers.

I'm glad it worked!
i know you have said that it would be sometime be4 you add a new one but i like to know if you have plans on adding a big buff Amazon lady? and i love to se more of the place you will go to in the game and would the place have themed ladys to fit with the place and area?

Sakyazel

Apr 3, 2021
i know you have said that it would be sometime be4 you add a new one but i like to know if you have plans on adding a big buff Amazon lady? and i love to se more of the place you will go to in the game and would the place have themed ladys to fit with the place and area?
For one the orc futa was posted not that long ago, i dont think you can go more amazon than her :D
https://f95zone.to/threads/star-periphery-v0-4-5-voidpilgrim.142747/post-12551332

(altough not main cast if thats what you meant afaik)

Last edited:

NTR For Live

Oct 7, 2021
View attachment 3254145

I'm glad it worked!
I see the Snake Race :love: Is the already a Name for her species ?

• Love
Reactions: Crusado
4.90 star(s) 110 Votes