Jul 22, 2017
To be clear I wasn't casting judgement one way or another, I was just providing context. I'll let the mods or whoever decides this tag stuff draw their own conclusions on the matter, it's not a big deal to me either way. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people into dom/sub stuff don't mind a struggle snuggle.

VoidPilgrim

Star Periphery!
Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
Markala scene was super hot! :eek:
More planned with her? And more content with "extraterrestrial" girls?
Yes, and yes!

Finally got around to playing the update, and it's about as good as I was hoping. My only minor critiques are:
1) Yeah, this has been a challenge for a while. With how big some of the dicks are, it simply strays into the anatomically impossible territory. This is furthered by the size difference between the MC and others (Ginny is about the limit). This creates a dilemma; A) either I won't do blowjob scenes for extra-gifted characters (or I will have to half-ass it, like making the MC suck only on the tip, etc.), or B) I will have to try to work around it with morphs, camera angles, and light. Both are less than ideal, but ultimately, I have decided to go with option B.
I've spent pretty much the whole development of Release 2 experimenting with this. I even had to sculpt custom morphs for MC to get out of the hippo tier of silly territory. But it is still something I plan to focus on further, especially since R3 will have MC sucking on a very big one.

2) I agree about this fully, and I know the word is used too much. Afraid this is because of time constraints. I never had time to let the text rest for a while and then go through it a few times, as I usually do. I was a bit too optimistic with my initial release estimate, later didn't want to fail on my promises, and finally, some development issues later (with Iris) sealed the deal. Won't happen again!

CapitanCat

Sep 29, 2018
Just download the Windows version of the game.
Game can dont working because Os can dont support python 3.9. Ren'py 8.0.3 work on python 3.9. Star Periphery made on ren'py 8.0.3. Too bad they didn't make the game for 7.5. :cautious:

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2016
would recommend adding more choice points throughout - even if they don't necessarily do a ton.

the fundamental underlying problem with renpy (and VNs in general, really) is that most people don't read in 1-3 sentence chunks - which is what the vast majority of renpy VNs force. it works fine when you're doing something like call and response, where every couple of vn 'pages' you have a response to make, but it is *really* tedious reading through a dozen or more pages of text in 3-line increments.

i can't speak for everyone, obviously, but when i get into segments like that i just end up skipping everything.

there's a half dozen or so segments in the game right now like this - and 'a dozen or more pages' is probably an understatement for most of those.

it is trite to say 'don't tell the reader, show them' - although it's still good advice. it's just one of those pieces of advice that's incredibly easy to give and incredibly hard to actually do. so, my concrete suggestion is to add more choice points where player input is needed. simply breaking up the vast exposition sequences by turning them into a hub and spoke conversation model (like when you talk to ginny at the bar or on the bed, asking a question, getting a response, and landing back at the same 'hub' of questions) would definitely be an improvement - although you need to be careful still to make the individual answers short enough that they don't recreate the same issue.

i also think you could move a lot of the exposition to other places, so it doesn't all get flung at the player in one chunk. for instance, one of the questions you can ask Ginny at the bar leads to a discussion about the cops being corrupt/oppressive (or something like that - as I say, it is very tedious reading long answers in 3-line chunks). You could *show* the player that, rather than telling them, with (as an example) random events that happen when travelling from place to place showing the cops extorting people or whatever. I could see this being problematic since it might require renders, and thus take render time away from other stuff - but I'd say it would be better even if the renders were just placeholder images, since at least then you're putting everything together right. No renders + de-chunked exposition is better than No renders + chunked exposition, imo.

Reactions: mr_tao

Sakyazel

Apr 3, 2021
2. "whore"

Again, excellent update,
I also noticed the second one, especially since verbal humiliation in general is a hit and miss with me, mostly miss. I took it as Ginny being very into it and Id totally let her. But some other characters degrade you too very similarly. It kinda boils down to personal preference. I dont like 'sissy' either but i do 'slut'. Weird how the brain works. o_O
The goblins really did it well, from the get go ~"girls who ordered a prostitute?" I loved that line.

Im so much into the officers that Pike & Markala didnt really capture my interest, they are competing against the classy domina and the gorgeous tomboy. and I cant stop theory crafting about Ginny.

Saint_RNG

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
There is no universal answer, I'm afraid. I make some stuff from scratch (or use my older models). I also often kitbash from premade since making everything on my own while keeping a reasonable release schedule would be impossible. This applies to most environments; the majority are a combination of both methods and more.
Thank you for your answer. I guess we are in the same situation.
I work on my free time on a VN in a sci-fi universe too and, having no 3D modeling skills means that I have to base myself on already existing environments and customize them more or less in my own way.
While for the characters it is not a problem with the wide variety of models that exist for Daz Studio, the environments are quickly limited or already seen in other VNs :confused:

Reactions: Dysphorika

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
So you with gaining influence or whatever you want to call it, do you get any if you say let one of the main girls be your first instead of the goblins?

longbirch

Nov 6, 2022
is there a gallery-like feature or some other way to access previous scenes planned? might not make a lot of sense for events that are embedded in the story, but in the current version i was a bit sad that i couldnt visit ginny and give her some more oral attention when i had completed all the new content

Reactions: MomijiH

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
Thank you for your answer. I guess we are in the same situation.
I work on my free time on a VN in a sci-fi universe too and, having no 3D modeling skills means that I have to base myself on already existing environments and customize them more or less in my own way.
While for the characters it is not a problem with the wide variety of models that exist for Daz Studio, the environments are quickly limited or already seen in other VNs :confused:
I am curious now

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Shit, and here I was thinking I was nuts going back and avoiding the goblins to save myself for my redhead goddess.
Yeah, a special scene for each of the main cast.
Good. I know it is personal prefence of mine but goblins take me out of the space scifi feeling (their appearence and way of talking), so a just checked the scene but then returned to the previous save to avoid further interaction with them.

The sex scene between the Protagonist and Ginny was quite great and so was their conversation after sex, when they talked about their pasts and motivations. Like how the protagonist wants to be a spacer and this station is better for this than his previous one, and how Ginny became a smuggler after the coup that took it over from the Union. :love:(y)

But she did avoid mentioned how she came there, as mentioned by the MC. Guess it may have something to do with the information about how the Union kicked undesireables (including futas) outside of their space frontier? Is this info new? I don't remember seeing it on V0.1. :unsure:

Also liked the talk between them about a potential job outside of the station, in the "ship graveyard". That can give both Ginny and Protagonist some money and plus some zero G training for him? Guessing there will be more to the skill system than just sexual skills. Nice if true.

Anyway will try to write more later this week, i haven't finished playing the update since i started from the begining. Can just say so far the update is great and Ginny is now disputing bets girl place with Lise for me. ♥♥♥

SgtHatred607

Oct 16, 2021
It's not an oversight, there are scenes that you can't avoid depending on your choices. Peeking at the datapad will make Ginny force you into giving her a blowjob, though she stops shortly after when she realizes the MC is a virgin and lets you decline. In the newest version, if you spied on Amira in the shower then she facefucks you as recompense. Basically, if you're stupid or step on someone's toes, expect consequences. It may not count as rape however since I think in all of these scenes the MC expresses arousal even if he initially tries to say no.

EDIT: Also, he technically never actually says no, he just refuses to comply initially.
You are funny.
"It's not rape if she gets aroused. She didn't say no, she just refused to comply...initially."
Bro...It's a fucking rape scene. You look at the data-pad, you get throat fucked by a penis against your will. The game should have a rape tag.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: elhombreconqueso

Tufa

Sep 1, 2017
You are funny.
"It's not rape if she gets aroused. She didn't say no, she just refused to comply...initially."
Bro...It's a fucking rape scene. You look at the data-pad, you get throat fucked by a penis against your will. The game should have a rape tag.
Wait... I thought you extremely dislike futadom.
You raped yourself by playing this game to tell us this should be tagged rape...

FhxQg9JUoAAx00a.png

4.90 star(s) 110 Votes