Sakyazel

Apr 3, 2021
Compared to the standards set by the genre as a whole, Star Periphery might as well be a shoujo romance VN.
Excellent point, my expectations led me to desperately seek out signs that prove the futas we meet are not outright horrible monsters and that is all I ask for. So yea, they are not nice but nice enough after playing FutadomWorld. Some demeaning and bullying and pushyness should be ok since we are seeking to establish sub-dom relationships, at least i do!

VoidPilgrim

Star Periphery!
Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
I wouldn't expect the MC to penetrate any of them, but I don't think it's going to be as "harsh" as it currently is for the entire game.
100% correct!
The game will have harsher moments, but as a rule of thumb, romantic, gentle scenes will become more common the better you get to know the girls (and the better they get to know you). Look at Ginny, for example. R2 already dipped into her softer part for a bit. And mind you, Ginny is not the "softest" character from the main cast. You have Tessa, Lise, and others who are a lot gentler from the get-go. With these characters, more romantic stuff will come sooner. With characters like Amira or even Iris, you will have to work for it, which will take time and effort.

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
100% correct!
The game will have harsher moments, but as a rule of thumb, romantic, gentle scenes will become more common the better you get to know the girls (and the better they get to know you). Look at Ginny, for example. R2 already dipped into her softer part for a bit. And mind you, Ginny is not the "softest" character from the main cast. You have Tessa, Lise, and others who are a lot gentler from the get-go. With these characters, more romantic stuff will come sooner. With characters like Amira or even Iris, you will have to work for it, which will take time and effort.
Thanks for the responses everyone. I have played a bit further into the game and I can see the softer side of some of the ladies coming out, so perhaps I was a bit preemptive in my judgement. There's such a lack of good futa games though, I'm just happy this game exists at all.

SheHump

Mar 14, 2023
Thanks for the responses everyone. I have played a bit further into the game and I can see the softer side of some of the ladies coming out, so perhaps I was a bit preemptive in my judgement. There's such a lack of good futa games though, I'm just happy this game exists at all.
From what I've played, you have to be pretty bone headed/absent minded to get abusive treatment; they lay down ground rules & reward/punish you depending on your choices.:cool:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm looking forward to paying off Ginny with my bedroom skills & getting closer to Tessa.

Jockeyboy

Jan 28, 2019
I guess I'm just worried that it'll get a bit one-dimensional and repetitive if EVERY girl treats MC the same way (a disposable hole to fuck). I get that's what the main "fetish" of this game is, but it would be nice to have some softer/tender girls that also take care of the MC, or maybe even allow the MC to penetrate them (what a wild concept /s). As it is right now, it seems like almost ALL women are aggressive futa who treat ALL men (who are ALL femboys) like lower forms of life. Hopefully that doesn't come across too harsh. Perhaps I'm just too much of a newbie to this genre.

With regards to the bug- the trouble is that I've already played for a good while after the bug started. I guess I'd need to go back to a much earlier save to clear that?
I really don't understand comnents like these. There are like a million other games in the world for vanilla stuff and a billion more for male on female stuff.

Why ask this developer who is working alone and clearly focusing on a certain niche to spread himself thin to satisfy points that are already available elsewhere? Wasting time on updates that satisfy fewer people? It just doesn't make sense.

I guess in the end he's gonna implement what he's being paid for on patreon anyway (which is the smart thing to do). Great game btw.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I guess I'm just worried that it'll get a bit one-dimensional and repetitive if EVERY girl treats MC the same way (a disposable hole to fuck). I get that's what the main "fetish" of this game is, but it would be nice to have some softer/tender girls that also take care of the MC, or maybe even allow the MC to penetrate them (what a wild concept /s). As it is right now, it seems like almost ALL women are aggressive futa who treat ALL men (who are ALL femboys) like lower forms of life. Hopefully that doesn't come across too harsh. Perhaps I'm just too much of a newbie to this genre.

With regards to the bug- the trouble is that I've already played for a good while after the bug started. I guess I'd need to go back to a much earlier save to clear that?
Disagree. Having played V0.2 i would say this is not true at all.

Ginny is a clear example of that during their scene together in the newest update and so is Lise or Tessa. Hell i would say even Markala is probably like that, she stopped the Protagonist when he was under that drug's influence.
So far the only one who comes strong with the femdom/bdsm thing is Iris and you can get out of it if you choose to.

Futa_Buddy

Nov 24, 2018
I've got a question about favor and skill points; are they used to gate content or to pick what content you get? For example; if I have low favor with a character will that prevent me from getting certain scenes with them or will it give me a bad scene (a rough dom scene for example)?

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I've got a question about favor and skill points; are they used to gate content or to pick what content you get? For example; if I have low favor with a character will that prevent me from getting certain scenes with them or will it give me a bad scene (a rough dom scene for example)?
Maybe even bad endings?
Ginny hinted at giving him a job escavenging defunct ships into space which would give him zero G training (maybe EVA training too).
Also With the introduction of Amira the Protagonist can learn the firearms skil, which may be usefull when facing hostile life forms: maybe at the mines or even on Ginny's job.

Last edited:

VoidPilgrim

Star Periphery!
Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
I am not a fan of content locking. So, the favor system is in the game primarily to tell you what kind of stuff a specific girl likes, which in turn lets you (as a player) later decide if you want to please her, act bratty, or straight up piss her off (which might lead to a different scene). Secondly, it might unlock additional romantic scene variations (just like skills do). Generally speaking, there won't be any mechanic that will lock you away from the content - the favor system, skills, etc., serve to provide alterations to the scenes, not to punish the player for not following one specific route.
The favor will later serve for non-erotic content. Lot of favor with Ginny = better prices with certain dealers on the Market. A lot of favor with Lise = faster Tech skill gain. Tessa = more pleasant interactions with some characters outside the station, etc.

Similar applies to non-sexual skills - if you have, say, high enough Guns, you will be able to use them when needed. This might lead to a variation of the scene. These will play a bigger role when you start doing the spacer profession on a higher level. In Parts 2 and 3 (not to be mistaken with Releases), there will be many more non-sexual skills (each tied to one of the main ladies), and you will be able to pick which specialization you would like to follow. Like Salvaging with Tessa, Piloting with Lise, First Aid with Iris, etc. and combinations of thereof. The challenges that will come later will give you a chance to resolve them with these skills. In case you fail on that, the scene will get a different variation - but with little content locking as is physically possible.

Maybe even bad endings?
The "Bad" endings will be mostly telegraphed in advance and basically serve as a tool to give you some extra scenes that lead to the end of the adventure. However, they won't be tied to skills/favor but rather your own decisions.
That said, I already know that many of them won't be particularly "bad" on their own. Yes, they will end the game, but considering their nature and me going the full "God, I wish that were me" meme when writing them, I think lots of people will enjoy them as well.
You are correct about the skills!

Dec 16, 2022
Iris will have a chastity and feminization route, and Nitlix will also have more than one scene. All optional, of course.
But again, please do not expect a dedicated game for these kinks. They will be present, but they are not the game's focus.
Iris does seem like the kind of girl to keep MC locked permanently :sneaky: I like her 'no BS, I demand absolute obedience' attitude so far :sneaky:;)

Reactions: Futa_Buddy

Arachnophilia

Jun 20, 2021
I'm curious how MC will handle some "different" characters. Will he feel and notice that some things will really be difficult for him?

In that quick scene of Markala, did you notice that she had a thickness that he would have difficulty putting in his mouth, and was she still soft at that moment?

Will he need skills to be able to "put up with" girls who have much bigger dicks than he's tasted before? MC noticed and tasted Jila with difficulty. These details improve insight into what the MC feels and thinks.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Arachnophilia
I think VoidPilgrim's post above in this very same page (Number 831) should answer some of that. Basically no locked content but variation on dialogue lines and scenes based on the Protagonist'a skill set.

By the way VoidPilgrim, will those character sheets you posted on patreon also make way into the game? I think it could be interesting if the Protagonist goes after this type to public knowledge information.
Just to learn a bit more about the people he is working with, not because he may also be thirsty over then. Nope, definitely not this reason. :p

Also quite liked to see how it seems update 3 will bring a whole questline, including the infamous crazy sex AI robots.
Loved the Protagonist's EVA suit and even the old ship design. :cool: (y)

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 110 Votes