PickleSteve

Sep 9, 2022
Thats not the end of september :'(
You're not wrong there.

But let me say this: VoidPilgrim made an estimate and 'overshot' that by about 2 weeks. I'm right there with you in wanting every update as soon as possible, but there are so many devs that overestimate their deadlines by way more than this. So in the grand scheme of things a mere 2 weeks is really not that bad. Seeing when you made your profile, I'd guess you've seen devs commit to a deadline only to miss it time after time, I know I have in the time I've been here, so I can understand if you would be disappointed.
Personally, I'm quite happy to wait a bit longer for a quality product such as this.

In case you only meant it as humorous banter, ok, you got me. :)

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
And besides there are a ton of games being released or already released in the last few weeks. The wait will not be that hard.

VoidPilgrim

Star Periphery!
Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
I give estimates to mostly let you guys know where we are standing in a long-term manner so that you have a general idea of when to expect the next update. That is why I publish these fairly soon in the development. But in the end, it is just that, an estimate. It is not a promise. It is not a deadline. I always attach this same disclaimer to the estimates.

When I publish a release date (which usually comes later, when I'm confident about it), now that is a deadline & promise!

VoidPilgrim

Star Periphery!
Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020

Numo-M4

Apr 1, 2020
Ma birthday is October 17th, public release before then would be magic!!!
Oct 14th is the Governors/Overseers tier release date
One week after that (21st) is for the Periphery Pirates tier
And another week after that (28th) is for the Star Hustlers/Space Truckers tier

Keep in mind, that the later release date versions usually come with bugfixes and typo/grammar corrections

• Sad
Reactions: Scotsman1989

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Oct 14th is the Governors/Overseers tier release date
One week after that (21st) is for the Periphery Pirates tier
And another week after that (28th) is for the Star Hustlers/Space Truckers tier

Keep in mind, that the later release date versions usually come with bugfixes and typo/grammar corrections
It will likely leak way before that, as it happened with V0.3.

Facilus

Futa/Femboy/T-Girl/Cunny Lover
Donor
Nov 2, 2020
This game still in the shadow of the futa based games that were abandoned in the early builds, hope these delays get more and more uncommom, as a potential supporter, I feel pretty afraid to hop in a project that have great chances to go down, not that may be your case, but as I said pages ago, futa based games has a tragic historic in this forum to almost always end badly, hope the project get into the rails to give potential supporters more confidency, until there, lurking and analysing I'll be.
anton-ego-notes.gif

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Choo-choo

Numo-M4

Apr 1, 2020
This game still in the shadow of the futa based games that were abandoned in the early builds, hope these delays get more and more uncommom, as a potential supporter, I feel pretty afraid to hop in a project that have great chances to go down, not that may be your case, but as I said pages ago, futa based games has a tragic historic in this forum to almost always end badly, hope the project get into the rails to give potential supporters more confidency, until there, lurking and analysing I'll be.
View attachment 2955317
I can understand where that caution is coming from. A certain ironically named futa on male game that failed to get going comes to mind...

Oct. 14th is the official date that VP intends to deliver.
As for why it is a bit further out from the September timeframe,
From the Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Once the Gallery mode is implemented, I suspect he'll get a different tempo going.
But a consistent 2-3 month schedule isn't bad at all.

VP posts and talks in the discord very frequently btw.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Pretty much as Numo said. And on top of that Void post progress reports every week and also sometimes extra posts talking about future content or tech updates or even the character charts every time his patreon+subscribestar hits a milestone. :cool:

I believe Void and the Majalis duo are the most active developers doing games with trans/futa characters. No reason to fear them disappearing.

VoidPilgrim

Star Periphery!
Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I would like to repeat - there is no delay. Once again, I post estimates, and I post release dates. Estimates are posted nearly universally very soon in the development to indicate when you could roughly expect the next update. I regularly change these as challenges come and go. And I ALWAYS attach the same disclaimer that these are not a release date nor a promise. I have been following the same early estimate+late date model ever since I started developing the game here in the devlog.

On the other hand, I also post the release dates. Now, these are a promise and a deadline that I consider binding! This is why I post them exclusively fairly deep into the development cycle of each update and/or after I have worked enough with something I considered an unusual out-of-scope challenge (like the Gallery now!). I would like to add that since I started developing Star Periphery, I haven't missed a single release date!

Regarding the release cycle, as Numo-M4 said, I aim for a 2-3 month schedule, as it is now. Currently, the R3 public release was on July 14th, and I started the exclusive work on R4 around the end of the month; all in all, the R4 took around two and a half months to make.

I hope this clarifies it a bit! If you have any extra questions, you can stop by . It is not just for supporters, and I'm there every day!

y.king

Jul 17, 2022
I (try) to make no secret of how great I think Star Periphery is. I definitely appreciate getting these estimates of when next releases might happen. But I understand that an estimate is never more than a guess, the world is a complex place, things change. The world of indie game development even more so!

So while I eagerly anticipate the invention of Crystal Ball technology that allows us to do away with this messy guesswork in favor of accurate predictions!!! ... um, right. Anyway. I appreciate getting estimates. I think it's great that you update your estimates as your situation evolves.

And let's be honest. The only guess or prediction I really want to hear is: New version? Uploaded 5 seconds ago! :LOL:

• Red Heart
Reactions: VoidPilgrim
Jul 22, 2017
if you need to delay a bit we don't mind.
You don't. I certainly do. A deadline has been given, and that deadline should be met. Far too many projects have patrons that are too lenient with developer screwups. Let them get away with it enough times and you get a situation like Summertime Saga. Thankfully, I have every confidence that VP will stick to his deadlines, and continue to stick to them in the future, but everyone should reinforce that repeated failure due to incompetence will not be met with kindness. Or at least, that's how the patrons should act.

4.90 star(s) 110 Votes