Sep 8, 2017
Anyone aware of a patch or something that will change the servant's name to Chloe? I think that's what they were going for, but they spelled it 'Chole'-- which is fuckin' ridiculous.....

• Angry
Reactions: Dysphorika

drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Anyone aware of a patch or something that will change the servant's name to Chloe? I think that's what they were going for, but they spelled it 'Chole'-- which is fuckin' ridiculous.....
Get this quite often. And I do get it, it's not a common name, but no, it's meant to be Chole, not Chloe. It's a real name, pronounced Cho-lee or Ch-owl if you go for the spanish version.

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Get this quite often. And I do get it, it's not a common name, but no, it's meant to be Chole, not Chloe. It's a real name, pronounced Cho-lee or Ch-owl if you go for the spanish version.

Sorry for intruding, but in Spanish, a word "Chole" is spelled differently. The first syllable "Cho" is spelled always like in English word "chocolate", and "le" is spelled like in English in many words, e. g. "let", "left", "lentil" etc. --- Bye :)

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Sorry for intruding, but in Spanish, a word "Chole" is spelled differently. The first syllable "Cho" is spelled always like in English word "chocolate", and "le" is spelled like in English in many words, e. g. "let", "left", "lentil" etc. --- Bye :)
Appreciate that, was just going off the information I found.

Sep 8, 2017

I stand corrected. Guess I'll just shut my face again, then.

Sep 8, 2017
COMPLETED SCENE GALLERY UNLOCKER.
Unlocks all scenes in the scene gallery.
Here is the completed scene gallery unlocker with all episodes 1 to 8 Enjoy.:giggle:
Are these Unlockers meant to be Mac OS compatible? 'Cause I downloaded them, put them in the game folder, and nothing happened.... My computer's a Mac, just in case that was unclear.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Kani_CS.png Farm_Hands.png Under_Covers.png
Just some commissions and randomness from the devstream that went up on the twitter twitter.com/drmaddoc47 (when I get to 100 followers I'll do some exclusive art)

Watermarkless (and higher rez for the Kani pic) versions are on the Patreon.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Greetings everyone,

Sorry updates and posts have been kinda slow, covid lockdown has thrown a huge wrench into work on everything. I do mean everything, art, commissions, stories, and of course the game as well. While I do most of my work on The Mad Doctors stuff from home, family issues related to the lockdown and also family health issues keep getting in the way of work. As for Omar, he can't even get into his studio right now due to the lockdown. His at home setup is not as good, plus he's an essential worker in his main job.

We're still working on things, everything is just going slower now. We'll update as we have things but for now it's just trying to navigate this new normal, as I'm sure many of you are as well. Episode 9 is still in progress, and the episode was always going to take long because it's a double episode (and has a lot more 'diversity' to it's scenes compared to Episode 8's single sex scene location)), but neither of us could forsee the pandemic and the state of the world.

We'll keep working on the art, stories, and games and deliver when we're done. In the mean time, I hope you are all safe and healthy, and wish you the best of luck as we all try to get through this. For now I'd added a commission and an Episode 9 peek Patreon Backers got to see a while back.

DMD47
Kani_Summoned_3.png E9Tease.png

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Greetings everyone,

Sorry updates and posts have been kinda slow, covid lockdown has thrown a huge wrench into work on everything. I do mean everything, art, commissions, stories, and of course the game as well. While I do most of my work on The Mad Doctors stuff from home, family issues related to the lockdown and also family health issues keep getting in the way of work. As for Omar, he can't even get into his studio right now due to the lockdown. His at home setup is not as good, plus he's an essential worker in his main job.

We're still working on things, everything is just going slower now. We'll update as we have things but for now it's just trying to navigate this new normal, as I'm sure many of you are as well. Episode 9 is still in progress, and the episode was always going to take long because it's a double episode (and has a lot more 'diversity' to it's scenes compared to Episode 8's single sex scene location)), but neither of us could forsee the pandemic and the state of the world.

We'll keep working on the art, stories, and games and deliver when we're done. In the mean time, I hope you are all safe and healthy, and wish you the best of luck as we all try to get through this. For now I'd added a commission and an Episode 9 peek Patreon Backers got to see a while back.

DMD47
View attachment 640056 View attachment 640058
Mad Doctors, not foreseeing a global pandemic. I am slightly doubting this.

As long as you guys are keeping safe. Maybe some day Omar can get in and put in some remote program so he can use some of his stuff from afar.

At least in the downtime writing/storyboarding/coding/UI/etc. Is stuff you can do in the night downtime. Who knows maybe you will be inspired and make it a triple episode.

Thanks for your games and stories. Stay healthy and sane... maybe the latter one is too late.

Reactions: drmaddoc47

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
At least in the downtime writing/storyboarding/coding/UI/etc. Is stuff you can do in the night downtime. Who knows maybe you will be inspired and make it a triple episode.
Oh god, I don't think I could stomach a triple episode. We already have a lot going on here, I don't need to be inspired to do more work.

We're already planning, and very briefly started working on, a rewrite of earlier episodes. However, that's being kept for after Episode 9 is done. Episode 9 is introducing a lot of things tot he narrative flow. There's a lot more nuance with descriptive text of how people are acting, moving, their tone of voice, etc. that is missing from earlier episodes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After the rewrite I also want to eventually get some form of voice acting going. I'm learning how to animate and am doing animations. We're pushing through on the Tabletop RPG (which is helping immensely with world building in the background, as well as a lot of the stuff being better set in stone for Season 2), there's the short stories being worked on... Starship Inanna is more than just the visual novel now. That said, the visual novel is the main project.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
You guys really got your game plan hammered down. (Pun partially intended).

Well I am guessing you probably only really post in this thread, but if you need help on animation and art stuff, there is a lovely dev community here on f95 where art and tips are shared.

Stay safe, and I hope it all goes smoothly for you guys.

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes