JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Ah, nice tease for the next episode, episode 4, and giving me something to look forward to. Thank you so much for this.

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
One thing I've noticed about this game is that it has an extremely high density of renders, or render-to-dialogue ratio. It's much higher than similar games. While I'm mostly eyeballing the number, most games tend to hold the same render for 3-5 lines of dialogue (or alternate between a few), while Stay True Stay You tends to hold the render for 1-2 lines (and rarely reuses them). In fact, I don't recall STSY ever using a render for more than 3 lines (okay I found a couple but my point still stands it's really rare). There's a lot of renders that are only used for a single line. Again, it's hard to know without solid numbers and it's hard to compare like for like (especially considering other factors like writing style or animations) but my guess is that STSY's average number of lines per render is around 1.5-2, while it's around 5 for most other games. So basically less than half to a quarter of other games.

This is not a good or bad thing per se. Having more renders per dialogue definitely gives the game a more fluid feel. However, the down side is obvious in that renders are the major time sink and bottleneck, and it result in short updates in terms of narrative development despite a substantial number of renders.

I wonder if Danson would be better served by lowering the density of renders even just by a small amount, which would allow the updates to contain relatively more narrative within them and allow development to progress "faster". I think this would also alleviate complains of complaints of slow updates. The irony is that Danson is actually doing a lot of work and renders, it's just how it manifests in the game.

Last edited:

Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
Man talk about a tease lmao
I'm so ready for the next update. Amy is bae and ain't no one getting in our way (atleast in one playthrough ;) )

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Stud-e-Smurf

May 11, 2019
Renders look great - i am torn between trying now and holding off until later based on the (very helpful) comments by others. There are only so many games you can start at the same time. By the time a significant update comes around, i'll have forgotten half of the story leading up to the point. Maybe it's just me. I appreciate you developing the game though, i think it can be something that stands out. I'll check back regularly.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Danson

x_man

Dec 18, 2017
does my choices make story change do i lost other science ?
tell me im dying to know how's the game

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
Holy hell the change logs are misleading, I downloaded 2.3 way back in December and forgot about it, only to download this again with a B attached to it. Why the hell didn't the dev simply mention out right that this B update contains only gallery reset and a "teaser" of EP4 or what ever the version it comes with, Why mention 300+ images and animations when you already did the same in December? Would have avoided the update and waited for the full release of EP 4 instead.

It is now that I understand what was mentioned by "A" and "B" in the explanation of the change log, but for anyone who is on this page only when there is an update, this sounds like a sad surprise. :(.

To the Dev, please understand that there are dense people like me who are not going to understand subtle hints on what comes with an update, keep the change logs simple and honest, make a new change log every time you add anything extra to a version or bugfix it, rather than club it all together and have people mistake it for a brand new full/half/what ever update.

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
Holy hell the change logs are misleading, I downloaded 2.3 way back in December and forgot about it, only to download this again with a B attached to it. Why the hell didn't the dev simply mention out right that this B update contains only gallery reset and a "teaser" of EP4 or what ever the version it comes with, Why mention 300+ images and animations when you already did the same in December? Would have avoided the update and waited for the full release of EP 4 instead.

It is now that I understand what was mentioned by "A" and "B" in the explanation of the change log, but for anyone who is on this page only when there is an update, this sounds like a sad surprise. :(.

To the Dev, please understand that there are dense people like me who are not going to understand subtle hints on what comes with an update, keep the change logs simple and honest, make a new change log every time you add anything extra to a version or bugfix it, rather than club it all together and have people mistake it for a brand new full/half/what ever update.
Danson's naming scheme for updates is pretty standard. Letters at the end usually indicate minor changes or bugfixes. It's not Danson's fault you are unfamiliar with how versions naming typically works, or didn't bother to check the changelog properly.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Amy is a bitch the way she acts. i take sara everytime over her
Perhaps, yet sometimes we just go beyond any character's traits...And if you check the Mormont's avatar you'll see he has a soft (or hard:unsure:) spot fot that particular actr..model (probably the best known for her prominent role as Lisa in BaRS:p)
p.s.
btw, Mormont imh(orny)o she looks way better in her underwear outfit:BootyTime:
on the more serious note - this was no update, only a short preview/teaser for the real update (the op changelog is a bit fucked up)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mormont

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
Danson's naming scheme for updates is pretty standard. Letters at the end usually indicate minor changes or bugfixes. It's not Danson's fault you are unfamiliar with how versions naming typically works, or didn't bother to check the changelog properly.
Hehe, is it difficult to put the latest update first and then go down in a descending order? like, for example:

v0.2.3b
b
- Added Quality-Of-Life Improvements (e.g. Hints system upgraded)
b - Added Reset Secret Pictures button
b - EARLY LOOK - 96 renders (preview of EP4) - two new scenes of the next episode

v0.2.3a
a
- Fix for Android users to scroll down in Messages app with new scrollbar
a - Fix for gallery page secrets caused by unofficial cheatmod

v0.2.3
Added ~319 new renders
Added ~9 new animations
Added 7 more clickable secret gallery items

instead of clubbing it all together and giving it an assumption that it is a brand new update (like this)

v0.2.3b
Added ~319 new renders
Added ~9 new animations
Added 7 more clickable secret gallery items
a - Fix for Android users to scroll down in Messages app with new scrollbar
a - Fix for gallery page secrets caused by unofficial cheatmod
b - Added Quality-Of-Life Improvements (e.g. Hints system upgraded)
b - Added Reset Secret Pictures button
b - EARLY LOOK - 96 renders (preview of EP4) - two new scenes of the next episode

Now, keeping it all under one roof seems all neat and dandy, but it confuses the hell lot of those who are used to the changelog as mentioned in my aforementioned example.

Also, I don't know about others but I thronged to download this update the moment I saw 319 new renders in the change log, I did call myself dense didn't I? lol But do understand that there are some devs who immediately roll out bugfixes mere hours after a major update and call the latest version as the patched version in the change log, all the while mentioning it the same, so I generally will proceed to download the same without even giving it a second glance.

Do understand that I have nothing against the dev or the game, but after being used to changelogs that mention each updates separately, anything on contrary produces a knee jerk reaction and thus, that post of mine.

4.40 star(s) 59 Votes