Fooxied

Take the first Step of Debauchery
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018

Hey hey!

Hoping you're all rocking in this nearly-December! Time for the news you've all been eagerly awaiting! So, drumroll please... We're officially dropping the bombshell that the brand new update - episode 2.0, is hitting your screens on Friday, December 8th! If all goes according to plan and nothing throws a wrench in our gears, we should be golden by then. There's still a truckload of work waiting for us though.

As you can see, the written part of the update is pretty much good to go. By the end of November, we should finish that part of the project. Now, onto the game's visual shenanigans. I've got just two scenes left to whip up and a handful of cool additions we're itching to throw into the mix. Coding? On the right track. We're eyeing Thursday to kick off testing as well.

There's a heap of work ahead, but we're psyched to finally unveil what we've been cooking up for the past month and a half and if nothing gets in our way we should be able to achieve it (my fiancée is sick, so keep your fingers crossed that she doesn't infect me).
A little preview and maybe a change log will appear again soon. I hope you are looking forward to it as much as we are!
That was quick!

88stanford88

Aug 12, 2022
We intend to release smaller updates every 3-4 weeks or so, and some planned tags will already appear in them, while some will appear up to a year. We plan to release the whole game in ~2.5 years (assuming working with the same team, not expanding it).
3-4 weeks???
that last opdate was in October... your intend was a bit optimistic...
hope the next update will be not smaller ;)

88stanford88

Aug 12, 2022
thanks for posting the reason of the delay.
But I was right about your optimism about 1 update every 3 weeks:cool:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
View attachment 3136236

If you came here only to point out mistakes and be mean then you should go somewhere else :)
It is just the core problem that pretty much comes up in any popular game that runs for a certain amount of time eventually:

Either you're making smaller upgrades in shorter amount of time, then inevitably there will be people complaining about the updates being too small.

If you make larger upgrades that take a longer amount of time, you'll inevitably see some people complaining about updates taking too long and if the game is abandoned or something.

And if a developer thinks he can make it right for everybody, I can only quote Commander Riker:

Those complains, in one form or another will - sadly - come your way, one way or the other. No matter how transparent you're trying to be. As long as there is a steady stream of updates I can only recommend to ignore the most obvious troll attempts.

Fooxied

Take the first Step of Debauchery
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
It is just the core problem that pretty much comes up in any popular game that runs for a certain amount of time eventually:

Either you're making smaller upgrades in shorter amount of time, then inevitably there will be people complaining about the updates being too small.

If you make larger upgrades that take a longer amount of time, you'll inevitably see some people complaining about updates taking too long and if the game is abandoned or something.

And if a developer thinks he can make it right for everybody, I can only quote Commander Riker:

Those complains, in one form or another will - sadly - come your way, one way or the other. No matter how transparent you're trying to be. As long as there is a steady stream of updates I can only recommend to ignore the most obvious troll attempts.
It's more like, he came here and started to complain about random comment made 2 months ago without any knowledge about the game, updates and progress :shrug: (probably did not play the game as well)

4.30 star(s) 91 Votes