VN Ren'Py Steps to Fame [v0.1] [LimWick]

2.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
Normally I try not to go to hard on first releases, but there really isn't anything redeeming about this outside of the renders, and even some of the renders have issues

The grammar is the biggest thing, usually I don't mind if I can at least get the gist of whats being said, but a good portion of this made no sense, and using the wrong gender in dialogue with multiple people had me beyond lost as to who was being spoken about.

The story has a decent premise, but is terribly executed. You move to a city with no plan or job yet you somehow already have an apartment. You get a job and no-show, but the boss who fires you trusts you enough and vouches for you? I don't care if the MC fought off people, that doesn't show he is trustworthy as a worker

I understand this is your first project, I would highly recommend stepping back, find a proof reader, and really work out a logical story line that can at least make a hint of common sense

Last edited:

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I just noticed that the dev is LimWick but the writer is Circus and coder is Ikarus. I don't know if LimWick is the duo or someone different altogether, and I don't know who Circus is, but man, the writing is indeed like a circus. Kudos to Circus for the character design though, credit where its due, the characters are mostly well designed.

Bad grammar can be fixed so I have nothing against non English native speaker. But the main issue is that I just don't quite understand why the characters are written the way they are. There's just no logic to it. This really needs a massive rewrite if it's going for long-term success.

MOGGERrn

Apr 10, 2023
I agree with you on almost everything, except for the personality, I think personality is very important.
For example I wouldn't mind if the MC is small and not so strong, but if on top of that he lets himself be pushed around, then he's a lost case. (n)
On the other hand give him a strong personality, character and intelligence/astute, and the physique becomes less important.;)
I do agree that personality is important but we can atleast hope for a wimp MC to become a chad as the story goes if its not a NTR story but if it's a NTR story then the chances of MC becoming a Chad is 0, no its less than a zero, bro would probably become a cuck in a NTR story.....wait a min, I actually forgot that there are femdom stories out there without NTR..fuck.. IMG_20240602_155750.jpg

I hope that this won't turn into a femdom game and MC will actually grow balls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mihawk_80

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
Yeah, i just give up midway. Either the text was written by an AI or it was simply very badly translated. Sometimes the story just didn't make sense. Even as a non-English speaker, I just couldn't read any further.

But i like the characters

Burnknight

Donor
May 11, 2017
Good renders, good models, but it has all the makings of a game that gets abandoned by the 3rd max 5th update once the dev realizes its not so easy to keep deadlines and promised release dates. But hey, lets hope I am wrong.

Reactions: XV71

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I'm starting to believe devs have some kind of complex with male height. I can't find any other reason for the overabundance of goblin manlets that are always surrounded by giant women wanting their dick. Maybe some trauma from tinder dating.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Can't get it to start for whatever reason, and given some of the comments about the MC I'm disinclined to bother trying to solve the issue.

Daniele69

Feb 22, 2020
This is the Italian translation of :
Steps TO Fame [v0.1]

**********************************************************************************
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan"
extract the .rar file and move "game" to the game where the .exe file resides overwrite if required
Download

vonamatas

Jun 23, 2021
Maybe some trauma from tinder dating.
Probably not this case, theoretically you have to be an adult to use Tinder (in practice, you can set up an account even if you are a minor)
:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm starting to believe devs have some kind of complex with male height. I can't find any other reason for the overabundance of goblin manlets that are always surrounded by giant women wanting their dick.
If you don't know what it's about, it's always about money!

Who is the biggest audience for this type of "art" (games)?
Males, age 12-16
(before having sex with another person for the first time, which depends mainly on where they live)
To attract these customers, the MC has to either be "like them" (teen vibe, if you know what I mean) or be... an idol to them? or smth.
Not Chad Tyrone or any other bully, because these are the guys they see every day at school -> which isn't fun if you're a weak beta male (...I think?)
Do I have to explain why women are "too big"? and they have huge tits/butts...yes, teenage boys have VERY predictable dreams! sex with the teacher is first on the list
:cool::LOL::ROFLMAO:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I've been reading everyone complaining about the MC's height.

He is NOT short. It's just that everyone has the same standard height in DAZ3D. 6 ft. Everyone. But, when the girls get high heels, well it adds up. If they stand on tippy toes, it also make them look taller.

The Dev team, forgot to use the characters height slider. Alice should be even taller. You would know if you had seen a Model in Real Life.

Peace :(

2.00 star(s) 5 Votes