Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Will there be a android port?
Possibly at some point, but only if I end up being able to make this game full time. Adapting it to work on a phone screen has a lot of complications that may not be present in a lot of other games, so it's not something I currently have time to do properly. People do tend to port it over after major updates, but it is just that, a port, not an android version.

I'd like to in the future though, I just have to focus on content atm.

Reactions: Bonran991
Jul 24, 2020
Nah that's a bug, it's fixed in 0.22 when it eventually gets released. It doesn't really matter what you pick at the moment, but basically, if your name is on a specific list, certain characters might change it. Like John becomes Johnny, Oliver becomes Ollie, etc. Not all names are compatible and the choice isn't supposed to come up unless your name is on the list. Even if it is, I think it's fucked atm. Pick whatever, it won't affect the rest of the game. Fixed in 0.22

(Also, when you get to the cafe with a girl called Sasha, you'll get a bug about a waitress. Just press ignore on it, and it also won't affect the rest of the game. This one is also fixed in 0.22)
Great game man, you got yourself a patron

Reactions: michaelstvincent

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
This is certainly an interesting one. And clearly, a lot of effort went into this game so far. I've tried out "The Headmaster" before, and while I wasn't too fond of that, this seems like a more palatable approach (to me) to a similar concept. Also, this one isn't a sandbox, which makes it ten times better by default.

Anyway, let's start with the complaints.
First of all, commas. There's a lot of those missing. Vocative commas ("Let's eat, Grandma.") and commas in if phrases ("If it rains, we'll get wet.") are almost always missing, among others.
I've also compiled a list of specific mistakes below.

Also, I managed to replicate an old bug (see here). It seems the game will only continue after you've read all the text messages available at that point. But if you never checked the message/picture Cassie sent you after the pool visit, you won't be able to anymore at this point, and thus the game locks itself.

An error is thrown for the line of the waitress, just put "Waitress" in quotation marks.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(v0.21.2)

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Will there be an alternate way to unlock Hikari's BRA AND PANTIES 1 outfit, I did a quick search in the walkthrough and couldn't find a different way in the current version.

KyuubiGoku

Jun 6, 2018
"Rollback is about to stop working, so save now if you want to return to this point."

No sentence has ever filled me with more horror and dread than this one, xD.

• Haha
Reactions: Tanurak

Bleyk36

Nov 2, 2022
Help can't find Onion10 Hikari

Edit: Nvm I found it, it was kinda tricky and hard.

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
The developer can take the fucking ghost hunt and shove it up their butt! Fucking seriously no fucking flashlight is as shitty as the one in the fucking game! Navigation is total and utter shit can't even figure out how to get back to the fucking library! Fortunately can fucking cheat by lying and saying you identified the ghost but I hate fucking cheating but since the game is total and utter shit you have to fucking cheat!

Now lets list the shit problems with the ghost hunt.

1. Navigation you can't fucking turn right, left, and go straight so the navigation is total and utter shit Because navigation was fucking total shit you could not get back to the library to check out the books you found! WTF?
2. The flashlight nobody uses a fucking pen flashlight anymore it's so fucking narrow it's utter shit
3. The map you had to keep fucking flipping pages to get back to map it would not stay on damn page
4. No damn explanation really of how you are suppose to find the ghost the meter would for no reason light up randomly from 3-5 randomly in different areas not just one room

Now for you masochist who played the Ghost Hunt what the fuck was the ending of it? What happened when you identified it and where was it? Seriously let us at least fucking see what we would of seen when we skipped it.

Last edited:

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
The developer can take the fucking ghost hunt and shove it up their butt! Fucking seriously no fucking flashlight is as shitty as the one in the fucking game! Navigation is total and utter shit can't even figure out how to get back to the fucking library! Fortunately can fucking cheat by lying and saying you identified the ghost but I hate fucking cheating but since the game is total and utter shit you have to fucking cheat!

Now lets list the shit problems with the ghost hunt.

1. Navigation you can't fucking turn right, left, and go straight so the navigation is total and utter shit Because navigation was fucking total shit you could not get back to the library to check out the books you found! WTF?
2. The flashlight nobody uses a fucking pen flashlight anymore it's so fucking narrow it's utter shit
3. The map you had to keep fucking flipping pages to get back to map it would not stay on damn page
4. No damn explanation really of how you are suppose to find the ghost the meter would for no reason light up randomly from 3-5 randomly in different areas not just one room

Now for you masochist who played the Ghost Hunt what the fuck was the ending of it? What happened when you identified it and where was it? Seriously let us at least fucking see what we would of seen when we skipped it.
The Hunt is skippable, so you could always have saved where the game recommends you save, loaded, and skipped it. If you really want to see what happens during the Hunt, wait a few weeks. The dev has already created a kinetic/linear VN-style walkthrough of the Hunt, and that should be going in in 0.22, I believe.

Preview of the new Hunt options from a test build he had me testing:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
BTW bug onion reports 15/20 but I have all 20 images same with the pictures 16/17 but I have all 17 pictures. If he had only made the flashlight beam larger and a proper north, east, west, south, forward, and backward navigation system that could of been such a fun game. Ruined the potential with 2 very poor decisions.

Last edited:

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
BTW bug onion reports 15/20 but I have all 20 images same with the pictures 16/17 but I have all 17 pictures.
He's aware, and that should be fixed in 0.22 with the gallery system rework.

If he had only made the flashlight beam larger and a proper north, east, west, south, forward, and backward navigation system that could of been such a fun game. Ruined the potential with 2 very poor decisions.
There have been a lot of varying reactions to the Ghost Hunt, though most that I've seen have been positive. It's a much greater range of reactions than to most of the rest of the game, though, which is why he's trying so hard to make sure everyone has some way they can comfortably and enjoyably play through that section. I'll admit that I had a lot of problems when I first played through it, due to bad luck: a lot of random events that should have pointed me the right direction never actually fired for me, and my feedback did help him with the second iteration of the Hunt (the one you played through).

The Ghost Hunt section in general is meant to give a bit of a Phasmophobia type feel, so the flashlight beam size is meant to not give you all the information right away. The beam size is larger in the VN mode, though (and it moves automatically according to the story).

The navigation in the standard mode was intended to be more like a classical first-person adventure game like Myst (which also didn't have the kind of directional navigation you're describing), and having perfect grid navigation would have required him to make around 4x the number of renders he did and have even more empty spaces (and the game would have taken much much longer to update because of it).

Corathor

May 15, 2023
"After returning from your time within a special military unit designed for people with magical abilities, you meet your childhood friend, Riley, and her best friend Cassie, who are planning their own next steps in life. You find yourself joining them at the Stormside International Academy. "

When I first read this, it had me excited because I love magic. But after playing, there's no mention of magic anywhere that I could see.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
"After returning from your time within a special military unit designed for people with magical abilities, you meet your childhood friend, Riley, and her best friend Cassie, who are planning their own next steps in life. You find yourself joining them at the Stormside International Academy. "

When I first read this, it had me excited because I love magic. But after playing, there's no mention of magic anywhere that I could see.
The MC used his power a few times in the game. It's possible you made choices that skipped some of those. There will be other people who can use their own powers showing up a bit later, too. But it's never going to be a focus, AFAIK. Even from that synopsis, it's only presented as part of the MC's background. In-game, it's that and it's to enable a few kinds of events the MC's power can allow for.

Armo99

Nov 26, 2019
game stopped at june 11 22:00 game time - after first texting with dad and Taliya. what to do?

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
game stopped at june 11 22:00 game time - after first texting with dad and Taliya. what to do?
You can try pressing shift-g and changing the renderer to ANGLE2, then restarting the game. If the issue is what I think it is, that may help. If that doesn't fix it, send me the save file, and I'll take a look.

Armo99

Nov 26, 2019
thanks, i just redo from save little back.

need tip with ghost hunt.
i found ghost name and book in his room. but cant find key. is it just roaming in rooms where he say "near" and try to find small key in the middle of garbage?
(upd: found , at last)

Last edited:

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
thanks, i just redo from save little back.

need tip with ghost hunt.
i found ghost name and book in his room. but cant find key. is it just roaming in rooms where he say "near" and try to find small key in the middle of garbage?
(upd: found , at last)
key is hanging

4.80 star(s) 81 Votes