Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Hate to be that guy but any news for the next public version? I really like this game.
Hope to get it done this month, but still dunno if I'll make it. The branching makes it quite a big update, and there's still a bunch of quality of life improvements to do. Not abandoned or "dev in fake car accident" shit though. Just takes time to make part time.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Just a heads up, only the mega link for the patch is working for me.
Many thanks. That's the only link that's actually mine (The rest are mirrors put there by the mods) so I'll probably just report it to them. Nice to hear my link is working though xD

Reactions: ArhraCole

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Lol so obviously I didn't actually manage to get it done in July, but I've recently confirmed to my patrons that it WILL be released at some point in August, so given the current date, it will probably show up here in early November, unless it gets leaked. SEPTEMBER! I meant SEPTEMBER. FUCK!

In this case I hope it doesn't get leaked, because I'm hoping to use the 2 weeks between the patreon release and the public release to deal with the filesize, which without the work I'm gonna be doing on it, would be about 10GB. The idea of 0.22 being available as a patch has gone out the window because there are some fundamental changes in 0.22 that makes it farily pointless to offer it as a patch. I don't think I'm gonna get time to complete those changes before the content release, so that's why I'm hoping to get them done in the 2 weeks, and then release 0.22.01 as the public version, with a hopefully much less bullshit filesize. I'll do a full explanation for why the method I'm using takes a while once it's actually released.

Last edited:

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
Interesting, although I didn't like the ghost hunt since spooky just isn't my thing but nice you included an option to skip it. There seems to be a fair amount of branching too which also isn't my thing since it rarely leads to a compelling story when the dev tries to keep all the threads running and there's rarely a path that is completely satisfying and many things that seem like the good choice are often punished.

I guess I reserve judgement for the next update since the story and choices just really started near the end of this one.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Interesting, although I didn't like the ghost hunt since spooky just isn't my thing but nice you included an option to skip it.
If you keep a save before it starts and wanted to know how it actually goes, 0.22 will include a VN option where it runs you through the story of the ghost hunt kinetically, without the free-roam part.

There seems to be a fair amount of branching too which also isn't my thing since it rarely leads to a compelling story when the dev tries to keep all the threads running and there's rarely a path that is completely satisfying and many things that seem like the good choice are often punished.

I guess I reserve judgement for the next update since the story and choices just really started near the end of this one.
The branching mostly changes interactions with the girls, rather than the story as a whole. The overall story doesn't branch as such. So as long as you're interacting with the girls in the way you want the MC's relationships with them to go, it should remain satisfying. This isn't going to be a game where advancing with one girl screws you out of a satisfying story with another girl, or anything like that. He's putting in quite a lot of work to make sure you've got options and satisfying story that fits your preferences based on the choices you've made. He's also responsive to feedback, both here and in Discord.

For instance, while it seems like it's branching a lot at the end of 0.21, those just lead to different ways to start the MC's official relationship with Riley. But if you've finished 0.21, you've already seen the level of branching he's going through; he's already got several alternate scenes in place depending on previous choices (e.g. the sex shop scene has two major versions as well as minor variations within each based on previous choices, and so on).

The actual long-term branching is much simpler, with the same main-line story going on, plus three relationship paths for each girl: Romance path, where the MC's interactions with them are more affectionate and caring, with little to no sexual punishment involved; Submission path, which is like Romance path but with the MC also sexually punishing the girl, and the girl being more submissive to him; and Slave path, which has no apparent affection involved, and is focused primarily on sexual punishment and domination of the girl. Obviously, there's the fourth implied relationship 'path' as well: if you've made it clear you're not interested in doing anything with a particular girl, options to do things with her will stop coming up.

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
Good to know there's a kinetic version of the ghost hunt coming, it was a little disappointing that the skip option didn't show a resolution for the section.

Also yes it is clear that the main story won't be branching but what I meant with "path that is completely satisfying" and "good choices are often punished" were in this case clear from two examples. First with the ghost hunt where if you did the sensible thing and rested before the hunt you get less and tamer lewd scenes and then with Riley even if you save her from the party as trouble free as possible if you then go along with HER plan that you should be the magistrate it somehow doesn't count as a relationship and only Riley gets satisfaction.

Mainly what these two examples (and some other minor ones) tell me about the planned story is that it's in the "BDSM doesn't belong to a loving relationship" camp even if mildly which really annoys me since the whole setting is tailored to let the MC and the LIs to explore that side of relationships.

I said I reserve judgement for the next release because if there's a clear development towards that "middle option" where it is a relationship but more BDSM focused one then I might enjoy this further, otherwise I probably pass after that. Not saying it's a bad game or story but just not for me at that point. Quite like Intertwined which really put me off on branching LI stories because the whole situation with the sisters where you basically need to either skip the big sister in the beginning or need to be bad for one of them to not loose them from your life. I really hate it when branching stories make you make the "not good or logical" decision to get to better content.

But anyway, don't hate it but not sold on it at this point either.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Good to know there's a kinetic version of the ghost hunt coming, it was a little disappointing that the skip option didn't show a resolution for the section.
Yep, this is precisely the intent of the kinetic version of the ghost hunt. The intent is three options: "I don't want to see or know anything about it" (skip, currently in-game), "I want to see everything and play the whole thing" (play, currently in-game), and "I want to see the story, but don't want to do a freeroam/puzzle section" (kinetic, being added). I can also assure you that this isn't just marketing-speak, but instead I'm speaking from experience here: I'm one of Atemsiel's testers, so I've played through the kinetic version already. It's completed and ready for 0.22. Also quite well-done.

Also yes it is clear that the main story won't be branching but what I meant with "path that is completely satisfying" and "good choices are often punished" were in this case clear from two examples. First with the ghost hunt where if you did the sensible thing and rested before the hunt you get less and tamer lewd scenes and then with Riley even if you save her from the party as trouble free as possible if you then go along with HER plan that you should be the magistrate it somehow doesn't count as a relationship and only Riley gets satisfaction.
In these cases, the intent is to not have a scene happen at a point inappropriate to the relationship, and in a logical fashion. There are positive and negative outcomes possible from all the versions of the party ending. There isn't just a "Best" and "Worst" outcome at the party. There are just different outcomes, each with their own appropriate scenes afterwards. This just isn't a game where you should aim for the greatest number of lewd scenes to get the most satisfying result. That's why there are different scenes on different paths.

Mainly what these two examples (and some other minor ones) tell me about the planned story is that it's in the "BDSM doesn't belong to a loving relationship" camp even if mildly which really annoys me since the whole setting is tailored to let the MC and the LIs to explore that side of relationships.

I said I reserve judgement for the next release because if there's a clear development towards that "middle option" where it is a relationship but more BDSM focused one then I might enjoy this further, otherwise I probably pass after that. Not saying it's a bad game or story but just not for me at that point. Quite like Intertwined which really put me off on branching LI stories because the whole situation with the sisters where you basically need to either skip the big sister in the beginning or need to be bad for one of them to not loose them from your life. I really hate it when branching stories make you make the "not good or logical" decision to get to better content.
Better here is subjective. The dev's intent is that when you make the choices that will tend to lead to the path you want, you should get satisfying content. I can assure you that he does not intend to imply that BDSM and a loving relationship can't be combined. That's the Submission path I mentioned before, and it's just going to take a bit longer to set up for each of the girls than the other two paths will, since it's less straightforward than either Romantic or Slave. It's not so much a "middle" path as a different type of Romantic path. The Slave path is the "BDSM with no romantic feeling" path. In 0.22, there will also be (optional, I believe) path guides on choices. So they'll tell you if a choice will lead to a Submission path scene, or to a Romantic path scene, etc., or to a Romantic/Submission path scene that may have some variation depending which of those two paths you're on (but a smaller variation than "an entirely different scene").

Reactions: Ludvinae

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
"Profile Units: Metric, Imperial, 'British'..."
Ok, see, now I have no choice but to put it on "'British'..." because I need to know why the heck it's phrased like that lol. Besides the obvious point that the Imperial system is also British.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
"Profile Units: Metric, Imperial, 'British'..."
Ok, see, now I have no choice but to put it on "'British'..." because I need to know why the heck it's phrased like that lol. Besides the obvious point that the Imperial system is also British.
There's actually few different variations of Imperial system.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Problem with Ghost Hunt is map made no damn sense to the movement. Could never tell what damn room you were in or how to get back to the beginning room.

1. Navigation 2/5 (it was impossible to find a previous room it sucked)
2. Dark: 2/5 (too damn dark even with flashlight I could not see barely anything. Flashlight needed wider range and a bit brighter (make it adjustable everyone's displays are not the same brightness)
3. When detecting a ghost I could never ever ever see it.. was not even sure I was close to it or not.. it would get loud search and find nothing ever
4. Objects in room impossible to find had to hover on them exactly and when it's dark and you can't see it's just as damn hard.

Example I could never find the library again no matter how I roamed so had to give up when I had to go back to the library. I tried to find that damn fucking library for nearly and hour! Navigation was that shitty. Mini map should label rooms of interest like in real life you drawing a map your going to say library or some other features of interest but it had nothing.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Imperial is so bad that it has variations as a standardized measurement system :HideThePain:
I mean, considering the history of nations that still use them, it's not surprising that they might develop variations. But yeah, whole Imperial system is quite bad unless you've grown into it, since it has really akward conversions.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
I mean, considering the history of nations that still use them, it's not surprising that they might develop variations. But yeah, whole Imperial system is quite bad unless you've grown into it, since it has really akward conversions.
evidence of high profile, expensive fuckups sugess its pretty bad even if you are grown to it. especialy since places that use it tend to also lw key use metric (in sciences at the minimum. anecdotal: reportedly appollo missions did all calculatins in metric and then had a dedicated computer to do conversions. in prehistoric computer times no less). also all imperial units are based (aka defined) in metric nowadays...

4.80 star(s) 88 Votes