Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Atemsiel

I've been thinking about Olivia and her possible paths.

I don't really find it interesting to start a romance with her. But I also have no interest in having hard (or soft) BDSM scenes with her. In fact, if there is no romance, I have no interest in having any scenes with sexual content with her, it would be something that would upset me. Is it possible a route with her where there is neither romance nor scenes of sexual content? If not, then I think I'll go her romantic route as well: I'm more disgusted by the torture thing than having a romance with a LI I'm not particularly attracted to.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Atemsiel

I've been thinking about Olivia and her possible paths.

I don't really find it interesting to start a romance with her. But I also have no interest in having hard (or soft) BDSM scenes with her. In fact, if there is no romance, I have no interest in having any scenes with sexual content with her, it would be something that would upset me. Is it possible a route with her where there is neither romance nor scenes of sexual content? If not, then I think I'll go her romantic route as well: I'm more disgusted by the torture thing than having a romance with a LI I'm not particularly attracted to.

Erm, a route without romance, or any sex wouldn't really be a route. It would just be ignoring her. Unless I were to do some sort of weird friendship route or something, but I have no plans to do that. She doesn't just outright disappear from the game if you want nothing to do with her. It just means you won't get any sexual content for her. If you want nothing to do with a character, you can just refuse to punish them, and refuse to romance them.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Erm, a route without romance, or any sex wouldn't really be a route. It would just be ignoring her. Unless I were to do some sort of weird friendship route or something, but I have no plans to do that. She doesn't just outright disappear from the game if you want nothing to do with her. It just means you won't get any sexual content for her. If you want nothing to do with a character, you can just refuse to punish them, and refuse to romance them.
I don't really want to remove her from my game, only not punish her (at least not in a clearly sexual way) or have a romance with her. The truth is that, although I really dislike her, which should significantly increase my desire to proceed to punish her, I still don't find that I feel like doing it. Same for the romance, I can't find any reason to want the MC to have a romance with her.

So I'll do what you've said, no punishment, no romance, which was actually what I wanted to know if it could be done.

Arctosa

Apr 29, 2020
The ghost hunt is straight up delete material, it's REALLY bad. The map is super unclear, the navigation is straight up a shitshow and the hints are as helpful as someone in a straight jacket lending you a hand.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
The ghost hunt is straight up delete material, it's REALLY bad. The map is super unclear, the navigation is straight up a shitshow and the hints are as helpful as someone in a straight jacket lending you a hand.
Well, I didn't find it difficult to complete. It was quite fun for me to do and after a couple of laps the map seemed pretty clear to me. The problem was getting the ghost type right, so in the end, since we had to wait several game days to see if we got it right, I decided it was better to load a save game and choose the option where the MC matched the ghost type (and that included skipping the whole hunting part).

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Tbh this is why there's a skip option. The 5 or so people I tested it with seemed to have no particular issue navigating it. Some found it easier than others, but none of them got straight up stuck. But I knew there would be some who either wouldn't be able to navigate it, or otherwise don't want to, so I added the option to just skip it. I'm aware it isn't perfect. It's only really there because I wanted to have a go at it. The smart thing to do would have been to not bother trying, but that sounds kinda boring.

The good news is that the next version comes with a VN version of it that I threw together for those that don't want to deal with sandbox stuff, but still want to see what's supposed to happen in the ghost hunt. The navigation is also changing for the sandbox version of the next ghost hunt some time next year, as this time I've made a sandbox section before, so don't have to factor the process of trying to work out how to even do it into the development time.

Though I'll admit that reading through the hints I put in the game does leave me wondering how they're unhelpful. Hints such as "Maybe try searching the room on the right in the room you started in" or "Perhaps the library has some way of finding out who checked out those books" don't seem particularly ambiguous.

JumboSalami

Apr 1, 2023
Wow, the potential for this game is massive. I was extremely bummed when I reached the end of the current content. That's how you know a game's great. Can't overstate how excited I am to see continued development.

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
Hope to get it done this month, but still dunno if I'll make it. The branching makes it quite a big update, and there's still a bunch of quality of life improvements to do. Not abandoned or "dev in fake car accident" shit though. Just takes time to make part time.
So update?

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Is it Sandbox?
No, but there is one section which is a sandbox. However, that section is skippable, and a VN version of it will be being released in a 2 weeks or so, when 0.22 shows up here.

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
Im only at D6 but i have this dark feeling that the game missed a huge opportunity with being a VN instead of Sandbox.

The setup is a good start to be an interesting game similar to The Headmaster but there are only so many scenes you can get by being a VN while in a Sandbox there is way more freedom to get a lot more out of a group of girls and punishment actions.

Well anyways. I will play it further and see where this is going.

So far the writing ist good and besides the Director, characters a mostly believeable. Keep up the good work!

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Im only at D6 but i have this dark feeling that the game missed a huge opportunity with being a VN instead of Sandbox.

The setup is a good start to be an interesting game similar to The Headmaster but there are only so many scenes you can get by being a VN while in a Sandbox there is way more freedom to get a lot more out of a group of girls and punishment actions.

Well anyways. I will play it further and see where this is going.

So far the writing ist good and besides the Director, characters a mostly believeable. Keep up the good work!
Ayy, glad you like it so far. There's actually a specific set of reasons it's not a sandbox. It was originally supposed to be, but a lot of people protested the idea, as more often than not, they ends up as a grindy nightmare full of continuity errors and stuff. (Especially if the dev hasn't made a sandbox before.)
I abandoned that idea partially because of that, and partially because this is my first time trying to make a game, and I don't have a background in coding. I didn't want to add yet another layer of complication to the whole thing. So instead we get a regular VN with a lot of branching.

With regard to the "only so many scenes" thing, given what I have planned, it would be the same even if it was a sandbox. The scenes that get missed as a result of your choices aren't missed just for the sake of arbitrary choice, it's because the context behind the scene doesn't exist unless you make the choices that lead to that scene. For example when taking a character's virginity, you could choose to do it at one point in the story, or you could choose to do it later. Both are different scenes, but it's not like you can take a character's virginity twice, so it would still be the same even if it was a sandbox (Though it'd be a lot more complicated to actually make it work properly.) Some people get mad FOMO and won't like this style of doing things. I'm aware of that, and am doing it this way anyway.

That's the main thing really, I don't make alternate versions of scenes, or mutually exclusive scenes for absolutely no reason. I like to add choices, and then have those lead to circumstances that demand different sex scenes. I like to think of it a bit like random or very specific events that can happen in sandbox games, only here they're not just random throwaway scenes that could play at any point in the game, they're instead tied into the context at that point in the game.

To give an example, the events that happen when you patrol the grounds in the headmaster. In almost all cases, they could happen whenever because they have very little to do with the actual story, or the characters involved in the scenes, or the point in the game in which they take place. I wanted to avoid that. This game is born as a result of all sorts of things I did or didn't like from various different games, one of which being the headmaster, which is in its own right a fantastic game, but what they're focusing on is a bit different from the direction I wanna take my game in. Hopefully this makes sense.

Also yes, Kellin is nuts. I like Kellin.

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
Thanks for the game.

Not a fan of the virgins in this game though, take Riley that never used dildos or anything she just puts a dildo in with no pain which is disapointing and weird for her first time, i am guessing this will be the same for all of them which makes it a bit unbelivable that none has a hymen or any pain as virgins, game would have been better without having any virgins at all since they are made so unrealistic, also not a fan of dildos with virgins before MC has had the chance first since having a virgin saying just slam it in i am already used to it from dildos kinda ruins the hole point of them being virgins in the first place and kills the hole virgin picture, also makes me wonder why why 5 out of 7 girls are virgins if its not going to be used for anything.

But the rest of the game seems to have a big potential, nice sounds and animations are pretty good to, the story is pretty fun as well.

Last edited:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Thanks for the game.

Not a fan of the virgins in this game though, take Riley that never used dildos or anything she just puts a dildo in with no pain which is disapointing and weird for her first time, i am guessing this will be the same for all of them which makes it a bit unbelivable that none has a hymen or any pain as virgins, game would have been better without having any virgins at all since they are made so unrealistic, also not a fan of dildos with virgins before MC has had the chance first since having a virgin saying just slam it in i am already used to it from dildos kinda ruins the hole point of them being virgins in the first place and kills the hole virgin picture, also makes me wonder why why 5 out of 7 girls are virgins if its not going to be used for anything.

But the rest of the game seems to have a big potential, nice sounds and animations are pretty good to, the story is pretty fun as well.
I have a bunch of them there as virgins because quite a lot of harem players tend to get caught up on that, but I didn't want it to be some perfect virgin wonderland, so I just had most of them in that state. However, most people who seem to want virgins in games don't actually want to deal with with the realities of it, but instead just want it because it means they haven't been with any other men. As a middleground, I'm operating the policy that relatively normal sized dildos are no huge problem for most of the virgin girls, but MC's dick is a different story since it's fairly massive for HS2 jank reasons.

The concept of virginity itself is a made up thing where the definition seems to vary from person to person as it is. I've had people in this thread argue that Cassie isn't a virgin because she gave a guy a handjob, or that Riley isn't a virgin because of the lesbian stuff with Cassie. The definition I'm using for the game is "Have they had a dick in them" and that's it. With Cassie as the example, she's only a virgin in game so that the player can be her first, but she's used plenty of dildos and other such things in the past, so it's unlikely she'll have any issues during her first time. You could argue this ruins the point of her being a virgin, but the point of them being virgins in this game is for players to get to be their first actual man, which seems to be the more popular reason people like virgins in games. Some of them will still have uncomfortable first times, like Riley and Hikari, but other characters won't have an issue.

It'll displease actual virgin fetishists, but that's ok. Virginity is a topic where you definitely can't please everybody.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
It'll displease actual virgin fetishists, but that's ok.
It's a hot topic indeed, but your definition of "never had a dick in before", is absolutely perfect.
At the end of the day, it really is the only thing that matters: the girls never had another man's dick inside.

If they had some experience with dildos before, that's fine. The first time can be problematic, having them already trained a bit on taking something in, can only help.

Hell, I remember some of my girlfriends many decades ago when I was still a teenager... Fucking hell some of the first times really did not go well at all, despite being slow and working them a lot before hand.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I have a bunch of them there as virgins because quite a lot of harem players tend to get caught up on that, but I didn't want it to be some perfect virgin wonderland, so I just had most of them in that state. However, most people who seem to want virgins in games don't actually want to deal with with the realities of it, but instead just want it because it means they haven't been with any other men. As a middleground, I'm operating the policy that relatively normal sized dildos are no huge problem for most of the virgin girls, but MC's dick is a different story since it's fairly massive for HS2 jank reasons.

The concept of virginity itself is a made up thing where the definition seems to vary from person to person as it is. I've had people in this thread argue that Cassie isn't a virgin because she gave a guy a handjob, or that Riley isn't a virgin because of the lesbian stuff with Cassie. The definition I'm using for the game is "Have they had a dick in them" and that's it. With Cassie as the example, she's only a virgin in game so that the player can be her first, but she's used plenty of dildos and other such things in the past, so it's unlikely she'll have any issues during her first time. You could argue this ruins the point of her being a virgin, but the point of them being virgins in this game is for players to get to be their first actual man, which seems to be the more popular reason people like virgins in games. Some of them will still have uncomfortable first times, like Riley and Hikari, but other characters won't have an issue.

It'll displease actual virgin fetishists, but that's ok. Virginity is a topic where you definitely can't please everybody.
What attracts me most about virgin LIs is that they cannot talk about their previous sexual life because they don't have it. In fact, the only thing that can interest me about their previous sexual life is whether they are virgins or not. Anything beyond this is something that I don't want to know.

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023

Yeah i know its all about a real dick when it comes to virgins, but for me it just ruins the picture alot when a virgin uses the dildo or dosent have the hymen in AVNs, the hole point for me with a virgin in a avn is its supposed to be special and if she just spreds the legs and gets fucked hard like a 2$ hooker because she used a bigger dildo then MCs dick a million times it just dosent give the same feelings in the scenes for me personaly.

And i knew Cassie wouldent have an issue with her stats lol but thats fine not all virgin has a hymen it can break in many ways outside sex to, but game has alot of them so was hoping there would be atleast a deflower scene or two as well.

I dident get the virgin scene with Riley in my playthrough just saw it after it unlocked all scenes that it was even possible, and if you miss the choices to get the virgin scene the game goes on like she dosent have a hymen or pain in the next sex scenes, and thats why i thought there wouldent be any deflower scenes at all, but happy to see there is.
And i loved the virgin scene with Riley it was well made and just how i like them, just wish i saw it in my playthrough :)

And your right most just want to know virgins hasent had a real dick and i absolutly get that but i do like the hole package, and its also why i cant wait for the deflower tag to become active here on F95 then i wont be disapointed when playing games with only virgin tag.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Yeah i know its all about a real dick when it comes to virgins, but for me it just ruins the picture alot when a virgin uses the dildo or dosent have the hymen in AVNs, the hole point for me with a virgin in a avn is its supposed to be special and if she just spreds the legs and gets fucked hard like a 2$ hooker because she used a bigger dildo then MCs dick a million times it just dosent give the same feelings in the scenes for me personaly.

And i knew Cassie wouldent have an issue with her stats lol but thats fine not all virgin has a hymen it can break in many ways outside sex to, but game has alot of them so was hoping there would be atleast a deflower scene or two as well.

I dident get the virgin scene with Riley in my playthrough just saw it after it unlocked all scenes that it was even possible, and if you miss the choices to get the virgin scene the game goes on like she dosent have a hymen or pain in the next sex scenes, and thats why i thought there wouldent be any deflower scenes at all, but happy to see there is.
And i loved the virgin scene with Riley it was well made and just how i like them, just wish i saw it in my playthrough :)

And your right most just want to know virgins hasent had a real dick and i absolutly get that but i do like the hole package, and its also why i cant wait for the deflower tag to become active here on F95 then i wont be disapointed when playing games with only virgin tag.
That's fair. Each to their own. I'm basically taking some creative liberties to say that dildos don't count as much in my game, simply because I personally think the use of dildos is hot, and wanted to do scenes with them, but I didn't think dealing with defloration in a dildo scene was something I wanted to do, at least not without MC present. So I basically operate on the idea that while the girls have hymens, they're not necessarily as fragile as real life ones. It's a trade off between realism, and what kind of scenes are actually possible. Female orgasm is also a pretty big theme in the game, so I wanted to make sure that it happens in basically every scene where a girl is getting stimulated, unless the point of the scene is to not allow it. Hard to do that while remaining realistic for virgins without just swearing off penetration of any kind for them until after their virginity is taken.

All of that said, while I didn't make the girls virgins specifically so that I could include defloration scenes, I'm not planning to shy away from them for the majority of the virgin girls. They won't all be like Riley's first possible one, but I'm not gonna be pretending that a virgin who's barely had anything inside them at all is immediately a master at taking dick. This changes somewhat on some routes due to the influence of the collars, but at very least the romance route defloration scenes should match the character's experience at the time, even if that experience is with toys.

I'm also kinda working with the idea that different girls do have different hymen types and sizes, so just because one of the virgin girls may have been able to take a dildo, another of the virgin girls may not. It remains to be seen, but they're not just virgins because I wanted to be able to put the virgin tag on the game.

Reactions: vilewe7570
4.80 star(s) 88 Votes