Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Yeahh that __() stuff there is for translation support. It's quite possible that it's changed between Ren'Py 7 and 8. Regardless, I think that one part of the game is the only part where the specific function that messes with this stuff is called, so I'll probably amend the code there to remove possibility of a float. This seems to be a case of not really knowing it was an issue due to renpy auto resolving, until a specific set of conditions are met such that it can't autoresolve it.

I have no plans to adapt the game to work when run under version 8 conditions though, as it's just impossible for me to predict what random things will be broken under those circumstances.
I see, It is Ren'Py function and not Python built-in. So, you can assign it to a variable first before the if block begins, before passing it to the translate function, for example:
Python:
def datetimeoutput(self):
    _dayOfWeek = self.WeekDays[self.Day]
    if CurrentDate == False:
        return __(_dayOfWeek) + " " + str(self.Hours).zfill(2) + ":" + str(self.Minutes).zfill(2)
     else:
         return __(_dayOfWeek) + ", " + __(CurrentDate) + " - " + str(self.Hours).zfill(2) + ":" + str(self.Minutes).zfill(2)
Not sure if _dayOfWeek is valid or recommended variable name in Python, so you can use a better name.

Anyway, I think with this "patched" PyClock.rpy, hanumania can test if it works or not. Just a single file, until more issues are found, further into the game. But it will be troublesome thing to do, finding the issues and fixing it one by one, which is not worth the effort, as I mentioned earlier.

Reactions: hanumania

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the time you took to address the problem, quite rare these days. :)

Since you put the work in, no excuse why I shouldn't too. I downloaded RenPy 7.6.3, and the game now seems to be progressing. I'm noticing some aspects that were likely broken (like hover text) in the previous play. Seems to be fixed? Thanks again!

• Hey there
Reactions: JohnF95zone

NewAssInTown

May 27, 2023
K, Don't want to leave it as a review | I don't think that this game with its pacing, branching and attention to details like present is possible to finish (meaning: to have story routes for every main character and a reasonable amount of scenes for them as well as for some side characters). Feels like its trying to be something of a grand scale but made by sole dev. It's even a VN, not a sandbox. One can imagine building a universal timeline harem plot.

What I've seen is good. Ghost hunting minigame was nutz, didn't expect. Didn't jerk off that night either.

FratBoy2019

May 19, 2023
Atemsiel absolutely love your game - its like discipline side of The Headmaster met with the charm and comedy of Waifu Academy, then had the overall quality of iNSight of You. Legit its the perfect hybrid of several of my favorites. Wasn't sure if you had a preference on SS or Patreon for your support platform since you have both, sorry if this has been asked before but slightly lazy and want to check before locking in one since everyone has their preferences with how finnicky payment platforms can be.

As an aside, I've been looking into RenPy development but haven't seen the text translation style like you've used. The Hikari/Akemi exchanges blew me away with the translation animation; its clean but unique - was curious if you came up with that technique or had a good reference for RenPy development that included that style and other cool RenPy tricks for aspiring devs?

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
After playing the game i thought i might make a few little remarks on this exceptionally good game. Maybe the devs read it and consider it, or get the idea to do something even better but completely different after my ramblings.

I also wrote it in my review. Legs ! You have perfectly suitable models and for some reason even choose to cut them off in quite a few renders, where there might actually be no need to do it. Of course i can understand that others do not care much about legs, i guess it can be hard to design something you do not really care about. Maybe just try to choose angles for renders that do not cut them off and/or throw a few more heels in the mix of clothes ? Thats goes a long way already.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All in all a really tremendously good game and i will probably suffer a bit while waiting for a continuation of the story. Thanks for the fabulous work !
Heh, thanks for the kind words. The main reason I don't show the legs all that often is just that in many renders, they're intended to be from a first person perspective, so to actually have the girls legs visible, I gotta either make her stand weirdly far away from MC while talking, or up the FOV to the point where things start to look warped. Basically, if I wanna fit in the whole legs, I gotta take the render from further away, making the girl smaller in general, and reducing detail, or I gotta cut off another part of her. Usually the legs are a good candidate to be cut off (What a weird sentence) because in most cases, the face is where the action is, and that's kinda the opposite end of the body. Obviously legs will be showing up, and they do, but I don't plan for it to become a focus. Same with feet really. I don't currently have any plans for foot specific scenes, since I'm not personally into that. Heels though, yep, planned. The girls will get dressed up from time to time.

With regard to the plothole, under normal circumstances, I usually try to explain why choices were made, but with the specific one you've mentioned, I actually agree with you. I'm not hugely happy with that scene, for more or less the reasons you mentioned (And also my PC kept crashing and resetting my lighting, so the lighting goes all over the place in that scene). I don't currently have plans to rework it though as I prefer to focus on new content, but yeah, if I were making that scene today, there are a number of changes I'd make to it.

The thing with the curfew is that due to Taliya being the one who actually tells MC about it, he finds out from a reputable source. The placeholder scene isn't technically necessary, thats the same for quite a lot of the scenes. I like doing technically unnecessary stuff. That scene in particular is a weird one because 90% of the comments on it I get are people asking me to never change it lol. I'm still gonna when I can I think, but I don't currently plan to remove it. I don't wanna get in the habit of overthinking how necessary a scene is, because I can see that leading to me justifying myself cutting corners or something.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the game, thank you for your kind words ;D
K, Don't want to leave it as a review | I don't think that this game with its pacing, branching and attention to details like present is possible to finish (meaning: to have story routes for every main character and a reasonable amount of scenes for them as well as for some side characters). Feels like its trying to be something of a grand scale but made by sole dev. It's even a VN, not a sandbox. One can imagine building a universal timeline harem plot.

What I've seen is good. Ghost hunting minigame was nutz, didn't expect. Didn't jerk off that night either.
Heh, I would argue that whether or not it's possible to finish would depend on what the dev's priority is. If it's making money, then this is absolutely not possible, because I would 100% make more money if I cut back on all the choices and stuff and just focused on the same kinda detail for something more linear, but then I wouldn't really be interested in making it. Instead, my motivation is more just that I like making it. Whether or not it ever gets finished is impossible for me to predict, but short of mitigating circumstances, it'll be finished at some point. I will concede though that it's gonna take ages. As I said, if the goal were commercial viablility, I'd be making something much simpler.

Atemsiel absolutely love your game - its like discipline side of The Headmaster met with the charm and comedy of Waifu Academy, then had the overall quality of iNSight of You. Legit its the perfect hybrid of several of my favorites. Wasn't sure if you had a preference on SS or Patreon for your support platform since you have both, sorry if this has been asked before but slightly lazy and want to check before locking in one since everyone has their preferences with how finnicky payment platforms can be.

As an aside, I've been looking into RenPy development but haven't seen the text translation style like you've used. The Hikari/Akemi exchanges blew me away with the translation animation; its clean but unique - was curious if you came up with that technique or had a good reference for RenPy development that included that style and other cool RenPy tricks for aspiring devs?
Hah, thank you, I'm yet to get tired of hearing people tell me they enjoyed the game. The headmaster and waifu academy were two influences, the headmaster thematically, and waifu academy in the sense that I want the game to be a bit of a fuckfest. (Tbh that's about it for waifu academy. I don't really play AVNs funnily enough, but I did play waifu academy once, and wanted a similar amount of sexual nonsense going on.)

With regard to the Ren'Py stuff, specifically the translation effect...
That effect is something I came up with because one of the focuses of the game is its portrayal of various nationalities. I didn't want to have characters unrealistically just speak English in situations where they would 100% be speaking their native languages, such as when it's just the Matsuda sisters speaking to each other. However, since not everyone speaks Japanese (I certainly don't) I needed a way to show that they were speaking Japanese, while still letting players actually understand what they were saying. Just having "In Japanese" or something next to the dialogue seemed lame, but I seem to remember something similar to what I ended up with was used in Cyberpunk 2077, for basically the same purpose.

I couldn't reproduce that exact effect, but I'm happy with what I ended up with. It's basically just ATL, which is a concept you'll no doubt enounter if you haven't already as you continue to look into renpy stuff. It's not entirely my own design, however the specific effect I use is fully custom in the sense that it's my own personal bastardisation of a few different effects found here.

The thing with Ren'Py I find is that unless you're being totally unreasonable, like expecting to somehow turn it into an fps game or something, most things are possible. If you have an idea for how you want something to look, it's probably doable, and after a while of using it, you'll probably start automatically coming up with ideas for how you might achieve the desired results too. For times where you have no idea if it's even possible in the first place, google usually has the answer. For example, the flashlight thing in the ghost hunt. I had no idea if that was even possible when I came up with it, so I googled it, and it turns out I'm not the first person to have that idea. Just as well, since the code that makes that work definitely isn't mine, and is quite beyond me.

Often times any solutions for things you find online aren't gonna immediately work in your project, so you gotta get used to fucking about with them until they work. That's probably the number one piece of advice regarding Ren'Py, and coding in general imo. Don't give up just because something doesn't work first time.

I've only ever really looked up one tutorial for Renpy back when I first started, and it was this video series

Imo, it gives you enough to get started, and goes a bit further than that if you're willing to watch enough of the videos. No idea if it touches on ATL though since I only got to about the 10th video and then just said fuck it and got started.

Best of luck with whatever it is you're planning.

Xegrid

Donor
Jan 22, 2019
duude, that option preference menu kind of neet, built in walkthrough misc settings aaand TOOL TIPS, lets go!
i here by congratulate you on getting me interested by looking at the option menu :ROFLMAO:
no clue yet about the game but defenetly trying it out :BootyTime:
*update
dear lord there are even tool tips on the save file on "hover over" SHIT NOW IT'S GONE BE SOOO HARD TO GO BACK TO ALL THE REST OF THE GAMES WHO DO NOT HAVE THIS o_O

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tiur

aces4all

Oct 29, 2021
. . . I don't currently have plans to rework it though as I prefer to focus on new content, but yeah, if I were making that scene today, there are a number of changes I'd make to it. . .
Thank you. Midway pauses for reworks drive me nuts because they often lead to loss of storytelling momentum and abandoned stories/VNs. Better to either hold the rework until the end so you can include all the cool new things you learn to do or plan to implement them in you next project. Thanks again for a great story!

Reactions: Lexstok and Xegrid

DougsLeftNut

Nov 13, 2017
I don't mind developers going back and tweaking scenes as long as they aren't the entire basis of an update, but are more of a "oh, by the way, I wasn't happy with this and remade it along with all this new content" type of thing.

burrito107

May 20, 2018
Just found this, great game! Looks like I stumbled across a minor bug though. Surprised I don't see this mentioned here, so maybe I'm missing something. The Discord link on the front page seems to have expired (told me it was unable to accept invite) - good chance it's mentioned there.

In any case, it looks like there are some cases where the file name 'audio/Music/BasementFloor.ogg' is followed by a space, which leads to the error:

Looks like this happens in a few places, but only for this one file:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Just found this, great game! Looks like I stumbled across a minor bug though. Surprised I don't see this mentioned here, so maybe I'm missing something. The Discord link on the front page seems to have expired (told me it was unable to accept invite) - good chance it's mentioned there.

In any case, it looks like there are some cases where the file name 'audio/Music/BasementFloor.ogg' is followed by a space, which leads to the error:

Looks like this happens in a few places, but only for this one file:
Here's a new link. The one on the front still works for me it seems, so lemme know how this one goes.

With regard to the bug, that's a confusing one, never had this reported before. It's just trying to play an audio file which is included in the files. I can't reproduce the bug since I have the audio file, so the only thing I can think of is if you for some reason don't have that file. No idea why this might be, because it's been in the game for about a year, but that seems to be the issue here.

If you were to unren the game you could manually check whether you have the file. Given you're using the latest version, I have no idea how it would be possible for you to not have it, but I guess we'll see.

Looked into this further, and it appears it's actually complaining about the space at the end. Here's the confusing part though. It works absolutely fine on my dev version, which still includes the space. On the build version however, it just doesn't play the music. It still doesn't produce the error you're getting, and I can't get it to do that, but it doesn't play the music.

I've attached a patch that may or may not fix the issue. I have no idea, but it's just the scenes.rpy file but with those spaces removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: burrito107

burrito107

May 20, 2018
Here's a new link. The one on the front still works for me it seems, so lemme know how this one goes.

With regard to the bug, that's a confusing one, never had this reported before. It's just trying to play an audio file which is included in the files. I can't reproduce the bug since I have the audio file, so the only thing I can think of is if you for some reason don't have that file. No idea why this might be, because it's been in the game for about a year, but that seems to be the issue here.

If you were to unren the game you could manually check whether you have the file. Given you're using the latest version, I have no idea how it would be possible for you to not have it, but I guess we'll see.

Looked into this further, and it appears it's actually complaining about the space at the end. Here's the confusing part though. It works absolutely fine on my dev version, which still includes the space. On the build version however, it just doesn't play the music. It still doesn't produce the error you're getting, and I can't get it to do that, but it doesn't play the music.

I've attached a patch that may or may not fix the issue. I have no idea, but it's just the scenes.rpy file but with those spaces removed.
Thanks for the quick response! I should have mentioned that I pulled the files from scripts.rpa, removed the trailing space for each occurrence and then it worked fine. Fwiw in addition to the locations in MechanicalScripts/Scenes.rpy , I also removed one occurrence in Events/Z 2) New Responsibilities/Day11 (Mon)/4A) RileyPunishment1.rpy.

This isn't the first time I've come across a space-at-the-end-of-a-filename bug that doesn't seem to affect others. I normally play on Linux so I thought that was the difference, but I'm playing this on Windows. I guess I'm special? Maybe this is my magical ability.

Edit: I also should have mentioned that I only came across this when I clicked on "Riley's Punishment #1" in the gallery.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Thanks for the quick response! I should have mentioned that I pulled the files from scripts.rpa, removed the trailing space for each occurrence and then it worked fine. Fwiw in addition to the locations in MechanicalScripts/Scenes.rpy , I also removed one occurrence in Events/Z 2) New Responsibilities/Day11 (Mon)/4A) RileyPunishment1.rpy.

This isn't the first time I've come across a space-at-the-end-of-a-filename bug that doesn't seem to affect others. I normally play on Linux so I thought that was the difference, but I'm playing this on Windows. I guess I'm special? Maybe this is my magical ability.

Edit: I also should have mentioned that I only came across this when I clicked on "Riley's Punishment #1" in the gallery.
Ah, sorted then. No idea why the trailing spaces cause issues for you, but they've been removed for the next update in any case. Glad you enjoyed the parts that worked xD

Reactions: burrito107

ivanov95

Oct 23, 2017
Does anyone know where exactly is the 3rd onion unlockable? It's right after the events of the pool event if you agree on it.

I don't want to go though all 54 pages of comments. :D

EDIT: NVM, finally found it, but these are so damn tricky to spot...

Last edited:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Does anyone know where exactly is the 3rd onion unlockable? It's right after the events of the pool event if you agree on it.

I don't want to go though all 54 pages of comments. :D

EDIT: NVM, finally found it, but these are so damn tricky to spot...
Heh, yeah I like to hide some of them well. That said, if you don't find it fun actually looking for them, but still wanna unlock all the stuff, the game gives you the option to just unlock everything when you get to the end.

ivanov95

Oct 23, 2017
Heh, yeah I like to hide some of them well. That said, if you don't find it fun actually looking for them, but still wanna unlock all the stuff, the game gives you the option to just unlock everything when you get to the end.
Thanks for the tip. I will use that for the slave scenes. I will most likely won't any of the girls into slaves unless I really dislike her.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Android port?
Extremely unlikely for an apk. The game's currently 7.1 GB after Atem reduced image file size a bit. SonsOfLiberty has a compressed version linked in the OP that's down to 3.7 GB, so your best bet is likely trying to run that compressed version via JoiPlay.

4.80 star(s) 91 Votes