Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

NewAssInTown

May 27, 2023
> "no reasot not to pick this unless you're roleplaying as a guy who doesn't play for his girl's meal. Nice RP bro"
> good dog / bad dog training book images (10/10)
> "I couldn't render that scene so I drew it" (pretty talented)

Fucking hilarious. This game just keeps giving.

Jan 2, 2023
After playing the game i thought i might make a few little remarks on this exceptionally good game. Maybe the devs read it and consider it, or get the idea to do something even better but completely different after my ramblings.

I also wrote it in my review. Legs ! You have perfectly suitable models and for some reason even choose to cut them off in quite a few renders, where there might actually be no need to do it. Of course i can understand that others do not care much about legs, i guess it can be hard to design something you do not really care about. Maybe just try to choose angles for renders that do not cut them off and/or throw a few more heels in the mix of clothes ? Thats goes a long way already.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All in all a really tremendously good game and i will probably suffer a bit while waiting for a continuation of the story. Thanks for the fabulous work !

Reactions: Twistty

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
After playing the game i thought i might make a few little remarks on this exceptionally good game. Maybe the devs read it and consider it, or get the idea to do something even better but completely different after my ramblings.

I also wrote it in my review. Legs ! You have perfectly suitable models and for some reason even choose to cut them off in quite a few renders, where there might actually be no need to do it. Of course i can understand that others do not care much about legs, i guess it can be hard to design something you do not really care about. Maybe just try to choose angles for renders that do not cut them off and/or throw a few more heels in the mix of clothes ? Thats goes a long way already.

All in all a really tremendously good game and i will probably suffer a bit while waiting for a continuation of the story. Thanks for the fabulous work !
Or...just leave him to make 'his' game with 'his' plot and story elements...maybe...jus' sayin'...

Or make your own to suit your own tastes and styles?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

The truth is that the MC has no way of proving to the clerk that he is right and the clerk is wrong. In any case, the truth is that the logical way to solve it is to call the manager, which you can do, and she is the one who puts the clerk in his place, since the private life of the clients is something that doesn't concern them. Personally, I'm more concerned about them (MC and Hikari) not doing anything about the issue of Logan stalking Hikari after what happened at the store than how the problem is resolved at the store itself, since the way it happens is reasonable.

Actually, if I remember correctly, the MC talks to several girls about the curfew, not just Olivia.

On the other hand, I'd like to know if I'm the only one who has the impression that Jade is basically a slut. Of course I have no intention of making the MC start any type of relationship with a girl who has fucked and is going to fuck all or almost all the guys at the university and surrounding areas.

Jan 2, 2023
Or...just leave him to make 'his' game with 'his' plot and story elements...maybe...jus' sayin'...
Free country, i rather chose to give friendly input. You are also free to stop trying to cancel someone elses opinion for no reason, in other words ignore and tolerate it.

Or make your own to suit your own tastes and styles?
You could also maybe make your own to be first-hand offended about feedback to your game instead being second-hand offended about something that has nothing to do with you ?

Have a nice day !

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Free country, i rather chose to give friendly input. You are also free to stop trying to cancel someone elses opinion for no reason, in other words ignore and tolerate it.

You could also maybe make your own to be first-hand offended about feedback to your game instead being second-hand offended about something that has nothing to do with you ?

Have a nice day !
I actually am in the process of making my own, have been for a while now. I'll also politely tell people who tell me how to structure 'my VN' to fuck off. Accept what is presented or don't. I won't be changing anything, story, style or anything else to pander to a few people who think it should be done differently.

If you think I'm trying to cancel you..oh my word...get a life and grow up.

You have a good day too ;)

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
On the other hand, I'd like to know if I'm the only one who has the impression that Jade is basically a slut. Of course I have no intention of making the MC start any type of relationship with a girl who has fucked and is going to fuck all or almost all the guys at the university and surrounding areas.
She calls herself a "sexual person" and it's obvious she has experience. If you do fuck her, you make certain rules and one of them is that she is exclusive to the MC because he "doesn't share his fucktoys".

I'm wondering about who is the camgirl. Pretty sure its Taliya. If you reset the girls' stats, by the end of the update, she's masturbated 10 times. Given we know nothing about what she's been up to, it's gotta be her which is a major bummer because she seemed like a good addition to the romance path, but I'm just not into sex workers as LI's and I don't dislike her for that to put her on the sub/slave path so she's just a skip.

Reactions: nyex117

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
The truth is that the MC has no way of proving to the clerk that he is right and the clerk is wrong. In any case, the truth is that the logical way to solve it is to call the manager, which you can do, and she is the one who puts the clerk in his place, since the private life of the clients is something that doesn't concern them. Personally, I'm more concerned about them (MC and Hikari) not doing anything about the issue of Logan stalking Hikari after what happened at the store than how the problem is resolved at the store itself, since the way it happens is reasonable.

Actually, if I remember correctly, the MC talks to several girls about the curfew, not just Olivia.

I kinda hoped we could send jade to that professor as a gift and making him an ally

She calls herself a "sexual person" and it's obvious she has experience. If you do fuck her, you make certain rules and one of them is that she is exclusive to the MC because he "doesn't share his fucktoys".

I'm wondering about who is the camgirl. Pretty sure its Taliya. If you reset the girls' stats, by the end of the update, she's masturbated 10 times. Given we know nothing about what she's been up to, it's gotta be her which is a major bummer because she seemed like a good addition to the romance path, but I'm just not into sex workers as LI's and I don't dislike her for that to put her on the sub/slave path so she's just a skip.
Ironically we can probably order to stop the camshow in sub/slave path by telling that her body is for our eyes only

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
Ironically we can probably order to stop the camshow in sub/slave path by telling that her body is for our eyes only
I mean, maybe? Maybe not if she's doing it because she needs the money. That wouldn't change anything for me, though. As soon as my MC confirms that it's her, he's out. Interest lost. Like, if she doesn't stop doing it, then you're really just sharing her with the internet, who was there first. It's not like some lewd insta page, which is not ideal but still fine. She was straight up fucking herself on cam for strangers. That's just too far out of my comfort zone.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Personally I'm not interested in fucktoys, just romance. I don't see anything in what you say that will improve my interest in her, maybe only decrease it.

On the other hand, I have deactivated the sexual past of the LIs (I prefer not to know anything about it). It's not that I'm interested in knowing how many times she's had sex, or with whom, but I suspect both numbers will be large.

Actually the only use I see for Jade is to give her to one of the MC's rivals to earn some points with him (probably the best option is the perverted professor)

I kinda hoped we could send jade to that professor as a gift and making him an ally
I also think that that is the only way she will be of any use to the MC.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I feel like only the main girls will have a romance path, and the second year's will just be some side-action.
Like I say, if there's no romance, I have no interest in them. And by this I mean that my intention is not to have any sex scenes with them.

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
Finally found a working download link as I really wanted to give this one a shot.
I got to day 2, after waking up, I get a hard crash. Can't rollback or ignore.
I am no RenPy expert, but it would seem Dev (tom?) has failed to update some file pointers to the user's home directory.
Could this be partly causing the crash?

This is for the Linux install.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred. 

While running game code: 
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 649, in execute_show_screen 
    parse=parse_hide_screen, 
  File "game/MechanicalScripts/customscreens.rpy", line 15, in execute 
  File "game/MechanicalScripts/customscreens.rpy", line 17, in execute 
  File "game/MechanicalScripts/customscreens.rpy", line 18, in execute 
  File "game/MechanicalScripts/PyClock.rpy", line 14, in datetimeoutput 
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not float 

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------ 

Full traceback: 
  File "Events/Prologue/Day2/1) CallFromRiley2.rpyc", line 20, in script 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 2259, in execute 
    self.call("execute") 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 2241, in call 
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs) 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/statements.py", line 342, in call 
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs) 
    parse=parse_hide_screen, 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 1758, in with_statement 
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear) 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2978, in do_with 
    return self.interact(trans_pause=True, 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3582, in interact 
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 4055, in interact_core 
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact()) 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 684, in visit_all 
    d.visit_all(callback, seen) 
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time] 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 476, in visit_all 
    callback(self) 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 4055, in <lambda> 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 487, in per_interact 
    self.update() 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 680, in update 
    self.screen.function(**self.scope) 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/text/text.py", line 1727, in _scope 
    return self.set_text(self.text_parameter, scope, self.substitute, update) 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/text/text.py", line 1763, in set_text 
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute) # type: ignore 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute 
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore 
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat 
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field 
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs) 
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 276, in get_field 
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/revertable.py", line 217, in __getitem__ 
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index) 

Linux-5.15.0-87-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 x86_64 
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805 
Stormside v0.22.06 
Tue Oct 24 13:17:28 2023

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Finally found a working download link as I really wanted to give this one a shot.
I got to day 2, after waking up, I get a hard crash. Can't rollback or ignore.
I am no RenPy expert, but it would seem Dev (tom?) has failed to update some file pointers to the user's home directory.
Could this be partly causing the crash?

This is for the Linux install.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    parse=parse_hide_screen,

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "Events/Prologue/Day2/1) CallFromRiley2.rpyc", line 20, in script
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 2259, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 2241, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/statements.py", line 342, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
    parse=parse_hide_screen,
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 1758, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2978, in do_with
    return self.interact(trans_pause=True,
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3582, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 4055, in interact_core
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 4055, in <lambda>
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/text/text.py", line 1727, in _scope
    return self.set_text(self.text_parameter, scope, self.substitute, update)
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/text/text.py", line 1763, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute) # type: ignore
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 276, in get_field
  File "/home/nose/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/revertable.py", line 217, in __getitem__
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)

Linux-5.15.0-87-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 x86_64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Stormside v0.22.06
Tue Oct 24 13:17:28 2023
Do you have a copy of the save file? I can't seem to reproduce this, but I'm also unable to test for linux, so it could be related to that. Regardless, if you have a copy of the save I'll see if I can work out what the issue is.

I also notice your crash report mentions renpy 8.1.3. You wouldn't happen to be running it in dev mode or something would you? The game isn't built for renpy 8, so it could also be related to that.

Reactions: hanumania

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
Do you have a copy of the save file? I can't seem to reproduce this, but I'm also unable to test for linux, so it could be related to that. Regardless, if you have a copy of the save I'll see if I can work out what the issue is.

I also notice your crash report mentions renpy 8.1.3. You wouldn't happen to be running it in dev mode or something would you? The game isn't built for renpy 8, so it could also be related to that.

Thanks for the reply! I wasn't certain which save file would be most useful. I only had a few saves, so I just zipped them up for you.

According to Renpy launcher, I am using the recommended build of Renpy, not a beta or test build.
I have run the game from both the Linux bash shell (using sh Stormside.sh) and from the Renpy GUI launcher.

Some games like to be launched from one or the other, but most of them don't care which method I use.
If it turns out I need to install a separate legacy Renpy build I might just hold off until the AVN works with 8!

renpy.png

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Thanks for the reply! I wasn't certain which save file would be most useful. I only had a few saves, so I just zipped them up for you.

According to Renpy launcher, I am using the recommended build of Renpy, not a beta or test build.
I have run the game from both the Linux bash shell (using sh Stormside.sh) and from the Renpy GUI launcher.

Some games like to be launched from one or the other, but most of them don't care which method I use.
If it turns out I need to install a separate legacy Renpy build I might just hold off until the AVN works with 8!

View attachment 3031674

Just tested the saves. Assuming this happens right after starting day 2, it doesn't happen for me on those saves. That leaves it either being linux specific, or something to do with the 8.1.3 thing.

Since I don't use linux, I can only really speak for how it works on windows. On windows, you don't actually need renpy installed to play a renpy game, is that different on linux? I'm just guessing here really because given the bug is gamebreaking, and occurs basically right at the start of the game (In a section that hasn't been changed in over a year), I'd assume this would've been reported previously if it were an issue with the game itself.

With regard to it working on version 8, this isn't something that'll ever actually happen with Stormside, as version 7 and version 8 are incompatible due to support for different version of python among other things, and updating mid project would basically break everything unfortunately.

I'd have thought it would work just fine if you just run it from the sh file, but if you run it through the launcher then you're gonna get issues if the launcher is on version 8 or above. The part it's getting hung up on is a python block so I expect the issue is due to the different version. My suggestion would be to run it independent of your renpy install if possible. Other than that, I'm unsure what to suggest I'm afraid.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Just tested the saves. Assuming this happens right after starting day 2, it doesn't happen for me on those saves. That leaves it either being linux specific, or something to do with the 8.1.3 thing.

Since I don't use linux, I can only really speak for how it works on windows. On windows, you don't actually need renpy installed to play a renpy game, is that different on linux? I'm just guessing here really because given the bug is gamebreaking, and occurs basically right at the start of the game (In a section that hasn't been changed in over a year), I'd assume this would've been reported previously if it were an issue with the game itself.

With regard to it working on version 8, this isn't something that'll ever actually happen with Stormside, as version 7 and version 8 are incompatible due to support for different version of python among other things, and updating mid project would basically break everything unfortunately.

I'd have thought it would work just fine if you just run it from the sh file, but if you run it through the launcher then you're gonna get issues if the launcher is on version 8 or above. The part it's getting hung up on is a python block so I expect the issue is due to the different version. My suggestion would be to run it independent of your renpy install if possible. Other than that, I'm unsure what to suggest I'm afraid.
No isssue with Linux Mint.
Linux-5.15.0-86-generic-x86_64-with-debian-bookworm-sid
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809

I believe it specific to Python3 and/or Ren'Py 8. Line 14 in PyClock.rpy is below:
Python:
        return __(self.WeekDays[self.Day]) + ", " + __(CurrentDate) + " - " + str(self.Hours).zfill(2) + ":" + str(self.Minutes).zfill(2)
The error is about list indices. For some unknown reason, self.Day is a float number instead of integer. Anyway, that line supposed to print date time for example "Friday, June 11th - 09:50" that player see at the top left corner of the screen. I think it has to do with how Python2 vs Python3 handles/resolves __() function, but it is not worth the time to make the code works for both Python2 and Python3.

What matter is, the code works and game is running fine with Python2 and Ren'Py 7.5.

Reactions: hanumania

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
No isssue with Linux Mint.
Linux-5.15.0-86-generic-x86_64-with-debian-bookworm-sid
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809

I believe it specific to Python3 and/or Ren'Py 8. Line 14 in PyClock.rpy is below:
Python:
        return __(self.WeekDays[self.Day]) + ", " + __(CurrentDate) + " - " + str(self.Hours).zfill(2) + ":" + str(self.Minutes).zfill(2)
The error is about list indices. For some unknown reason, self.Day is a float number instead of integer. Anyway, that line supposed to print date time for example "Friday, June 11th - 09:50" that player see at the top left corner of the screen. I think it has to do with how Python2 vs Python3 handles/resolves __() function, but it is not worth the time to make the code works for both Python2 and Python3.

What matter is, the code works and game is running fine with Python2 and Ren'Py 7.5.
Yeahh that __() stuff there is for translation support. It's quite possible that it's changed between Ren'Py 7 and 8. Regardless, I think that one part of the game is the only part where the specific function that messes with this stuff is called, so I'll probably amend the code there to remove possibility of a float. This seems to be a case of not really knowing it was an issue due to renpy auto resolving, until a specific set of conditions are met such that it can't autoresolve it.

I have no plans to adapt the game to work when run under version 8 conditions though, as it's just impossible for me to predict what random things will be broken under those circumstances.

4.80 star(s) 91 Votes