cumsumnida

Jul 18, 2021
How many chapters/days planned does this VN have? I could have sworn I saw 22 days somewhere.

I liked the Day 18 update (lots of sex scenes!) but I think I'll revisit this one when we get a proper sex scene with Ishani.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
How many chapters/days planned does this VN have? I could have sworn I saw 22 days somewhere.

I liked the Day 18 update (lots of sex scenes!) but I think I'll revisit this one when we get a proper sex scene with Ishani.
21 Days in total, and that's fair. Also, see you in court.

Reactions: cumsumnida

_doodle_

Dec 11, 2022
...I plead the 6th.

Thanks Wildman, but is that the definitive THE END end? Or is there going to be a part 2/book 2?
it's been said that he has 2 upcoming projects. SiS 2(more drone content I hope) and then another different game. No idea release for any of those due to this game not even being done. Come day 21 or 20 I think we will hear something about it.

cumsumnida

Jul 18, 2021
it's been said that he has 2 upcoming projects. SiS 2(more drone content I hope) and then another different game. No idea release for any of those due to this game not even being done. Come day 21 or 20 I think we will hear something about it.
I vaguely remember the announcement for the other game.

Just wasn’t sure there was a new game AND a part 2…always feel uneasy about the 2 games-same-time devs.

Not saying it’s not feasible, but…we’ll see I guess.

_doodle_

Dec 11, 2022
I vaguely remember the announcement for the other game.

Just wasn’t sure there was a new game AND a part 2…always feel uneasy about the 2 games-same-time devs.

Not saying it’s not feasible, but…we’ll see I guess.
that's fair. A lot of devs struggle with just one game so you have a good point. We also don't know when that other game is even going to happen. I'm not sure how much story he has for each project but knowing him most likely a good bit planned out. I mean hell I'm helping a dev with a game and his next game is prob 2 years or so away and we already worked on the story and a few character designs. Could just be wildman is just saying there will be another game. May not even have an idea of when himself. Who knows?

_doodle_

Dec 11, 2022
I wish dev success for his 2nd game (don't know if evolutions since announcement) but I would prefer SiS completed in priority.
SiS is going to be completed before anything major happens. I would be shocked if it was otherwise. When it comes time for SiS 2 and the other one, no idea if its going to be at the same time or not so we can really only wait for when it comes time.

Sep 2, 2020
As I'm less than an hour away from uploading the build to Steam for release, I thought I'd show a few of the main menu improvements to the game.

The first has to do with the gallery/Elysium scenes, which are terrible coded. There's nothing to show here, it's just way more performant.

The second is the Major Decisions option.

View attachment 2983818

From here, you can edit your Major Decisions and jump right into any day you've completed with those choices. Admittedly, my game doesn't have a ton of Major Decisions, but there are dozens of unique scenes and/or images associated with the ones that are in the game. This also functions fine as a Day Replayer... so if you just wanted to play through Day 9 again and don't have save near it, this would be useful.

View attachment 2983821

Lastly, the Redacted Scenes. These have to do Pandora and/or the culprit. Can be nice to have these scenes all grouped together if you're interested in the main plot of the game.
This is truly the Stranded of our Space

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
I am trying to focus primarily on Stranded in Space atm - there will be a Stranded in Space 2, and as for my other game, I'm just piecing things together slowly. It hasn't fully taken shape yet due to being a lower priority than Stranded in Space.
Apologies if this has been asked before, but do you have a rough guesstimate on how many days the game will be? Or is it more a "when I finish telling the story I want, that's how many days it'll be"

_doodle_

Dec 11, 2022
Apologies if this has been asked before, but do you have a rough guesstimate on how many days the game will be? Or is it more a "when I finish telling the story I want, that's how many days it'll be"
which game? This current game is planned for 21. I assume 21 for the second as well purely because I'm basing it on the first one. I don't think it would be much more if it is. I would say 21 days give or take for the second one.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
which game? This current game is planned for 21. I assume 21 for the second as well purely because I'm basing it on the first one. I don't think it would be much more if it is. I would say 21 days give or take for the second one.
Yeah, should have specified I meant this one. Didn't know if it was going to be a single game broken up in to seasons, or just a giant game covering however many years for the ship to arrive, with possible week/month time skips or something.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Does the new days come in just a single day update. Example: 1-17 (update to 18 only)
Or do we have to download the entire base game of 1-18 and replace existing files.
I stopped doing single day files due to my not-visually-noticeable compression. 3.3 GB is the full size if you're not on Steam. I also like to occasionally look through images from Days 1-12, cringe, and edit them to look like 3% better. You wouldn't want to miss out on 3% better looking images, would you?

Sep 2, 2020
I stopped doing single day files due to my not-visually-noticeable compression. 3.3 GB is the full size if you're not on Steam. I also like to occasionally look through images from Days 1-12, cringe, and edit them to look like 3% better. You wouldn't want to miss out on 3% better looking images, would you?
GYAT 3% !?
credit-card-smacking-credit-card-on-table.gif

• Haha
Reactions: McGreed

cumsumnida

Jul 18, 2021
I am trying to focus primarily on Stranded in Space atm - there will be a Stranded in Space 2, and as for my other game, I'm just piecing things together slowly. It hasn't fully taken shape yet due to being a lower priority than Stranded in Space.
Haven't downloaded it yet, but the Steam file size version is a huge 13.4gb. Guess it will get to 18 gb with 19-21 days added on it.

Is the Steam version going to stay uncompressed?

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Haven't downloaded it yet, but the Steam file size version is a huge 13.4gb. Guess it will get to 18 gb with 19-21 days added on it.

Is the Steam version going to stay uncompressed?
I battled with making the Steam version the compressed version... and decided it against it, as you've seen. I still don't know if it was the right call, lol.

But yeah, I would guess around 16-17gb when it's finished.

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes