JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Something bothers me about the age of Kasumi. Given the timeline, they awaken ten years after embarking on the trip to Elysium. Kasumi awakens at her 18th Bday. That would mean she went in at 8 years old. But Umiko says she was a bratty teen. That doesn't add up. So I believe Kasumi is 28 instead of 18. Wildman Dev would you weigh in on this to clarify?
The standard science fiction trope is that when in suspended animation or cryogenesis the body not only stops aging but the mind is put on hold also. The reason to stop the body aging is evident, and was well illustrated in the original Planet of the Apes movie where one of the pods malfunctioned and the female astronaut died of old age while asleep. Keeping the mind in hibernation is also essential as someone trapped in an immovable body but fully conscious for decades would leave many people insane once the body was woken up. When the passengers are woken up they are essentially the same age as when they went to sleep, no matter what their birth certificate might say.

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
The standard science fiction trope is that when in suspended animation or cryogenesis the body not only stops aging but the mind is put on hold also. The reason to stop the body aging is evident, and was well illustrated in the original Planet of the Apes movie where one of the pods malfunctioned and the female astronaut died of old age while asleep. Keeping the mind in hibernation is also essential as someone trapped in an immovable body but fully conscious for decades would leave many people insane once the body was woken up. When the passengers are woken up they are essentially the same age as when they went to sleep, no matter what their birth certificate might say.
Reading your comment I was also reminded of Javik in ME3. He slept 50000 years until Shepard found him. And nothing happened to him during this time, because his pod, and the bunker it was in, was intact. On Ilos all Protheans in cryostasis died due to lack of power.

Reactions: JJ1960

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
It's an odd one as it seems pretty key to the relationship with Tiffany, hopefully we get an equivalent scene on the Daphne route.
It's good that some of the choices are having noticeable effects, but the Dev has also been good at moving things along even without the 'priority' paths. Not sure if Daphne will be involved with Tiffany, but I'm confident Tiff will get her sub scene, and Daphne will get some group action.

Reactions: Paerun Cru'Av

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
It's good that some of the choices are having noticeable effects, but the Dev has also been good at moving things along even without the 'priority' paths. Not sure if Daphne will be involved with Tiffany, but I'm confident Tiff will get her sub scene, and Daphne will get some group action.
Since it looks like MC will take the reins in relationship with Tiffany, maybe we'll see a scene where Daphne is a Dom.

Reactions: Hungover00

Truckuto

Mar 10, 2019
No code for Day 9 pic required. You have to guess correctly all 5 of Paige's top suspects. There are 10 pics total to get from Paige, some are not obtained with code.
Maybe it's not for an image, but this is the 4 digit code I mean. It might've popped up on the laptop in an earlier day? I don't know honestly. Still, anyone have an idea of the code?

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Finally managed to play it through Day 18... and I can't help thinking why would you choose Kasumi as one of the two girls. Not only is she annoying (so the less interactions with her the better), but she's also either completely insane or culprit.

Either way, sharing something as important as Paige's existance and Pandora's arrival with her is bound to backfire and cause more problems than good... which I guess is great for the story, but looking at it in-game, it's quite possibly the worst decision MC made.

Honestly, Pandora could shot Kasumi the moment she gets on board and I wouldn't care one bit... hell, she could shot her even if she is just an accomplice and not a culprit.

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
Maybe it's not for an image, but this is the 4 digit code I mean. It might've popped up on the laptop in an earlier day? I don't know honestly. Still, anyone have an idea of the code?
All of those codes (there are a few to find in the game) are for bonus pics from Paige.

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
Finally managed to play it through Day 18... and I can't help thinking why would you choose Kasumi as one of the two girls. Not only is she annoying (so the less interactions with her the better), but she's also either completely insane or culprit.

Either way, sharing something as important as Paige's existance and Pandora's arrival with her is bound to backfire and cause more problems than good... which I guess is great for the story, but looking at it in-game, it's quite possibly the worst decision MC made.

Honestly, Pandora could shot Kasumi the moment she gets on board and I wouldn't care one bit... hell, she could shot her even if she is just an accomplice and not a culprit.
Frankly, I don't know why You hate Kasumi that much, but to be fair to you, she's a daughter of a terminally ill woman, and she learned about it when she was still a little girl, so obviously it led to her being messed up in the head.
As for trusting her with information about Paige and Pandora, her being eager to find the culprit and help fix the entire mess, makes her an obvious choice, even if that turns out to be a bad choice. Also considering her age, I have a hard time believing she could be involved, because she's just too young to have received any training required to cause the trouble, they're in.
And seriously, shoot her? Why so drastic right off the bat? I understand that she rubs people the wrong way, but couldn't MC just tell Skylar to put her in a coma or something to stop her from meddling in?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hungover00

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Frankly, I don't know what's your problem with Kasumi, but to be fair to you, she's a daughter of a terminally ill woman, and she learned about it when she was still a little girl, so obviously it led to her being messed up in the head.
As for trusting her with information about Paige and Pandora, her being eager to find the culprit and help fix the entire mess, makes her an obvious choice, even if that turns out to be a bad choice. Also considering her age, I have a hard time believing she could be involved, because she's just too young to have received any training required to cause the trouble, they're in.
And seriously, shoot her? Why so drastic right off the bat? I understand that she rubs people the wrong way, but couldn't MC just tell Skylar to put her in a coma or something to stop her from meddling in?
My problem is that every interaction with her is annoying... reading through every interaction with her is a chore. Even worse, most of the interactions with her feels completely forced and unnatural.

As for her being eager to find the culprit... she is. In fact, she is too eager. Which is suspect as hell. What better way to deflect suspicion that going on an on about someone else being culprit? Her age would be a factor against it, if not for the fact that she's brilliant and that her mother was a child prodigy who (if I remember correctly) was a college graduate in her mid to low teens. So yes, she could have all the knowledge and skills to create the mess they're all in. And that is if she works by herself and not in tandem with Umiko... which is very, very likely (I don't understand why they dismiss the possibility of multiple culprits, especially when it comes to Umiko/Kasumi).

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
My problem is that every interaction with her is annoying... reading through every interaction with her is a chore. Even worse, most of the interactions with her feels completely forced and unnatural.

As for her being eager to find the culprit... she is. In fact, she is too eager. Which is suspect as hell. What better way to deflect suspicion that going on an on about someone else being culprit? Her age would be a factor against it, if not for the fact that she's brilliant and that her mother was a child prodigy who (if I remember correctly) was a college graduate in her mid to low teens. So yes, she could have all the knowledge and skills to create the mess they're all in. And that is if she works by herself and not in tandem with Umiko... which is very, very likely (I don't understand why they dismiss the possibility of multiple culprits, especially when it comes to Umiko/Kasumi).
That multiculprit bit is something I keep wondering about as well. Well, it's obvious one person couldn't have orchestrated everything.
About her annoyance, I'm not exactly a fan of interactions with her either, but not to the point of wanting her to be rid of. Guess there had to be some character people wouldn't like even if only for the sake of balance between all the girls.
And yeah, Umiko is in fact a genius. And I'm not sure about her age as a college graduate, I think she was actually 10yo, but I don't really trust my memory. But that's the problem in this game. What you pointed out is definitely a solid argument, but it's too damn obvious. Based on that everyone would have suspected Umiko and Kasumi. And with the latest uncovered memories of the MC, at this point in game, something would have suggested their involvement. And on the subject of being too eager, what do You think about Sasha? I'd like to know your thoughts. She seems to like the MC very much, but sexually, she avoids him like a plague. Tries to be funny no matter what the circumstances, sometimes almost as if she's forcing herself to act that way. Definitely eager to help with absolutely everything, including poking into vital systems on the Endurance, despite her lack of critical knowledge and training in those matters. She was (allegedly) a goddamn flight attendant. And she's 28, so she had all the time in the world to become acquainted with and trained by the company that pulls the strings behind the scenes.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
That multiculprit bit is something I keep wondering about as well. Well, it's obvious one person couldn't have orchestrated everything.
About her annoyance, I'm not exactly a fan of interactions with her either, but not to the point of wanting her to be rid of. Guess there had to be some character people wouldn't like even if only for the sake of balance between all the girls.
And yeah, Umiko is in fact a genius. And I'm not sure about her age as a college graduate, I think she was actually 10yo, but I don't really trust my memory. But that's the problem in this game. What you pointed out is definitely a solid argument, but it's too damn obvious. Based on that everyone would have suspected Umiko and Kasumi. And with the latest uncovered memories of the MC, at this point in game, something would have suggested their involvement. And on the subject of being too eager, what do You think about Sasha? I'd like to know your thoughts. She seems to like the MC very much, but sexually, she avoids him like a plague. Tries to be funny no matter what the circumstances, sometimes almost as if she's forcing herself to act that way. Definitely eager to help with absolutely everything, including poking into vital systems on the Endurance, despite her lack of critical knowledge and training in those matters. She was (allegedly) a goddamn flight attendant. And she's 28, so she had all the time in the world to become acquainted with and trained by the company that pulls the strings behind the scenes.
I thought that Tiffany with her whole "rival" nonsense could not be beat... until we got Kasumi. So yeah, I really, really wish we could get rid of her. Or at least have an option to ghost her and avoid any and all contact with her. She is quite possibly the only character I'll use that "skip sex scene button" option.

As for Sahsa... why do you think I choose Gigi? It was one of the easier decisions I had to make. Sasha have so many red flags based on her behavior that it's not even funny. Pretty much the only ones with more red flags due to behavior is Kasumi. But if her profile was to be believed, she was a flight attendant so she shouldn't have the skills needed to create the mess.

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes