Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Personally I enjoyed the "go left" "go right" aspect (to an extent, mostly during the dreams in the village).
You do a phenomenal job with the horror aspect and I hope you include a lot more in the future. If you ever wanna switch genres as well I think you'd do well.
Well, so did I. I thought the free roam thing in horror sections was very fitting, and I'm not dropping that one. (Although, I might put in that VNMode if I feel it might be tedious to navigate). I don't know why I keep getting annoyed people commenting whenever I do anything. 90% of the stuff I got complains about exists in other games, many of which are top rated ones around here too that I really enjoy as a player. Playing those is basically how I learnt how to make a game after all.

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
Ya know, I'm replaying the entire game cause I wanted to see if there was stuff that I overlooked before. And it turns out there is one that I don't think is getting a lot of light on.

The MC. I like the MC. Quite a bit. I don't like that his dick is the size of a baseball bat. But other than that, I realize I really like him.

He is not wimpy, not annoying, he's a hard worker (even if he kinda does leans into the trope of becoming very very good very very fast), he likes and cares for the people around him, he is not an asshole.

Comparing him to several other MCs from several other games, big and small, I must say I'm glad this MC is good. I'm looking forward to see how he evolves.

Too bad about his alien dick, he could fuck a horse with that thing, ew.

...on that note, please do NOT add centaurs to the game. Just don't. Please.

ButterBallDOOM

May 23, 2017
Well, so did I. I thought the free roam thing in horror sections was very fitting, and I'm not dropping that one. (Although, I might put in that VNMode if I feel it might be tedious to navigate). I don't know why I keep getting annoyed people commenting whenever I do anything. 90% of the stuff I got complains about exists in other games, many of which are top rated ones around here too that I really enjoy as a player. Playing those is basically how I learnt how to make a game after all.
Dude I just want to say this is my first time trying this game and it instantly became one of my favorites on this site! Amazing work keep it up. Also please consider adding more wrinkled soles content since it is so scarce and makes many foot enthusiasts like myself happy when i see games with them!

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
You'll never get annoyed comments from me, make the game you want, and to this point I've had no real beef with anything I've seen in it (I am a few updates behind admittedly). But personally... I just want to read the story, hell if there was a knock up all the women and have babies with them all option I could click once at the start of all the Harem AVNs I'd be fine with them not even having choices. I do come from a more books background though with regards to these, they never feel gamey enough to switch me from book mode to game mode mentally speaking. The super sandboxy ones for me are like someone took a book... and then just added a bunch of annoyance between me and being able to turn the pages.

If I wanted gameplay specifically, I'd play something more traditionally considered a game. That's my 2 cents. So maybe a lot of the complainers are just tactless people who fall into the same mindset as me?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Flynn974

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
Keep those. Maybe make a choice to skip it (like that VN mode in the faceless god town), but absolutely keep them.
In fact, I'm hoping you'll eventually be able to up the level even more, as I don't recall having any scares at all while using the options of "turn around".

It's pretty challenging to make something scary, as it's mostly an atmospheric thing than just showing a monster. In fact, a lot of times, showing a monster tends to give a small scare, and then the thrill is - mostly - gone. But that unseen monster in your mind? That thing is scary.

Maybe work on the UI so that we have to click on the places instead of having the traditional option in the middle of the screen to help with immersion?

But again, definitely keep the horror elements. It fits the story, it's a great way to build character and relations (through simulations) and honestly, it's just cool.

• Red Heart

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
You'll never get annoyed comments from me, make the game you want, and to this point I've had no real beef with anything I've seen in it (I am a few updates behind admittedly). But personally... I just want to read the story, hell if there was a knock up all the women and have babies with them all option I could click once at the start of all the Harem AVNs I'd be fine with them not even having choices. I do come from a more books background though with regards to these, they never feel gamey enough to switch me from book mode to game mode mentally speaking. The super sandboxy ones for me are like someone took a book... and then just added a bunch of annoyance between me and being able to turn the pages.

If I wanted gameplay specifically, I'd play something more traditionally considered a game. That's my 2 cents. So maybe a lot of the complainers are just tactless people who fall into the same mindset as me?
Naturally, I agree with you about sandbox-based avns being very annoying. However, you won't get horror to work in an avn, unless the player felt like they were actively moving the MC. Well, that or doing lots of jumpscares to keep people on their toes. I prefer the former here, because I want to create a an overall scary atmosphere to make the player get a glimpse of what the MC is the supposed to be feeling, not make the player jump in their chair a few times and that's it.
All that said, I did the VN-Mode in longer sand-box sections to account for people who didn't like that altogether.

Reactions: Lebeaubrun

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Keep those. Maybe make a choice to skip it (like that VN mode in the faceless god town), but absolutely keep them.
In fact, I'm hoping you'll eventually be able to up the level even more, as I don't recall having any scares at all while using the options of "turn around".

It's pretty challenging to make something scary, as it's mostly an atmospheric thing than just showing a monster. In fact, a lot of times, showing a monster tends to give a small scare, and then the thrill is - mostly - gone. But that unseen monster in your mind? That thing is scary.

Maybe work on the UI so that we have to click on the places instead of having the traditional option in the middle of the screen to help with immersion?

But again, definitely keep the horror elements. It fits the story, it's a great way to build character and relations (through simulations) and honestly, it's just cool.
Screenshot_284.png Thank you...

eltharion83

Aug 24, 2020
As there is still somewhat of a struggle with the torture-scene for Candy/Tamara I decided to overwork the guide provided by our dear dev Flynn.
Some still seem to believe you can only get the password from one, but you can get the password from both.

Addressing questions I've seen while skimming the Thread:

1) You have to let your partner go for her preferred target so you're able to go for Candy and Tamara
2) Some misunderstand the 4 Vibrators for actions to be taken in total, but you can use 4 of them in each turn.
3) In the guide Tamara and Candy are upside down from the ingame-positioning. Tamara is on the lower half, Candy is on the upper half.

So for the guide:

Round12345
CandyBoobsBoobsBoobsPussy---
TamaraArmpitArmpitArmpitArmpitArmpit
FootFootFootFootFoot
PussyPussyPussyBoobsBoobs

This guide is to be read as follows:

The columns are the turns you've got (5 minutes until you're done), and the rows are for the actions to be taken on the girls. Row one is for Candy, the other three rows are for feisty Tamara, she obviously needs more... convincing.

Round 1: This means in round 1 you use the following: 1 Vibrator on Candy's boobs, 1 Vibrator on Tamara's armpit, foot, and pussy.
Round 2: Keep it this way.
Round 3: Keep it this way.
Round 4: Reset. Put 1 Vibrator on Candy's pussy, again put one on Tamara's armpit, foot, and then new: her boobs.
Round 5: Reset. Don't do anything to Candy. Tamara needs everything like in Round 4. Vibrator for armpit, foot, and boobs.

This way you'll get both passwords.

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
As there is still somewhat of a struggle with the torture-scene for Candy/Tamara I decided to overwork the guide provided by our dear dev Flynn.
Some still seem to believe you can only get the password from one, but you can get the password from both.

Addressing questions I've seen while skimming the Thread:

1) You have to let your partner go for her preferred target so you're able to go for Candy and Tamara
2) Some misunderstand the 4 Vibrators for actions to be taken in total, but you can use 4 of them in each turn.
3) In the guide Tamara and Candy are upside down from the ingame-positioning. Tamara is on the lower half, Candy is on the upper half.

So for the guide:

Round12345
CandyBoobsBoobsBoobsPussy---
TamaraArmpitArmpitArmpitArmpitArmpit
FootFootFootFootFoot
PussyPussyPussyBoobsBoobs

This guide is to be read as follows:

The columns are the turns you've got (5 minutes until you're done), and the rows are for the actions to be taken on the girls. Row one is for Candy, the other three rows are for feisty Tamara, she obviously needs more... convincing.

Round 1: This means in round 1 you use the following: 1 Vibrator on Candy's boobs, 1 Vibrator on Tamara's armpit, foot, and pussy.
Round 2: Keep it this way.
Round 3: Keep it this way.
Round 4: Reset. Put 1 Vibrator on Candy's pussy, again put one on Tamara's armpit, foot, and then new: her boobs.
Round 5: Reset. Don't do anything to Candy. Tamara needs everything like in Round 4. Vibrator for armpit, foot, and boobs.

This way you'll get both passwords.
Yeah, I thought getting their passwords was impossible because I just put all 4 on a single girl for every turn and neither of them broke when I did that. I mean, they're nymphs so torturing them sexually seems like it'd be impossible. Ended up just going with the other route.

• Haha
Reactions: Mine Turtle

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
People generally complain about minigames and point and click and sandbox because they drag down the pace of the game and get really tedious with repeated playthroughs - which can happen even with harem games if they're being played while in development and saves go zoink. I mean, even good games like Mass Effect have mods to skip the minigames. I think Bioware eventually just took them out for ME3, if I remember correctly. Quick Time elements were removed from the Witcher (none in Witcher 3) because folks didn't like them in Witcher 2. BeingADick is a fun game, but omg the point and click on repeated playthroughs to set up all the LI's... just drags the story pace down.

But that's just my perspective, not telling anybody how to make their game.

Bradd D

Oct 8, 2022
Did a quicksave at the beginning of the torture session and tried it 4 times.

Failed it every single time, despite following the guide twice as written, and then in reverse since someone mentioned they were upside down.

I'm sure it's possible for some to figure out but as-is it's too convoluted so I ended up just leaving it failed so I could move on with the rest of the game.

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022

Failed it every single time, despite following the guide twice as written, and then in reverse since someone mentioned they were upside down.

I'm sure it's possible for some to figure out but as-is it's too convoluted so I ended up just leaving it failed so I could move on with the rest of the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
I'm making it skippable in ch10b, but just in case someone lost, well it rly doesn't matter. Just 2 lust points, nothing that important rly. Not gonna make a difference in the long run.

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022

I'm making it skippable in ch10b, but just in case someone lost, well it rly doesn't matter. Just 2 lust points, nothing that important rly. Not gonna make a difference in the long run.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I think people were more worried about the two Promotion Points than anything else. Like, story wise, that's what we got for winning or miss out on for not winning.

4.70 star(s) 132 Votes