Illuminati00

Oct 27, 2022
> MC: I have many vices. but lust is not one of them
> In fact I really look down on sexual acts

> Mind controlled this cute inn keeper...
> I am not gonna touch her though.
> optionally can kill her.

> Recruit wicked mercenary.
> She asks you to hammer her.
> Don't try teasing me, I can tell you are a virgin
> Also no thanks. I am not into the whole sex thing

Does MC ever have his balls drop and start actually fucking women?
As far as I can tell MC is just an edgy asexual.
He is a "god" who has just gained a mortal body. He is slowly realizing that in this body he is affected by things normal humans would be affected by, like pleasure from intercourse. It would have been completely out of character for him to have sex with the inn keeper, he was a being who had no need for such actions. He did to the whole "sex thing" with her in the end, so why the complaining? I personally find it refreshing to have a situation that is mildly realistic. He has never had need for sex before, why would his first action be to have sex for personal pleasure? He finds out that he is affected by it after having sex with Rose, it would make no sense for him to even try it before. As the story grows he will clearly learn how much different his body is now from before, there any many other games where the first sex scenes are after a while, I do prefer it so, it makes it a tad bit more realistic when compared to the millions of games where the first thing that happens are people throwing themselves at the mc.

Reactions: Mystic

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
He is a "god" who has just gained a mortal body. He is slowly realizing that in this body he is affected by things normal humans would be affected by, like pleasure from intercourse. It would have been completely out of character for him to have sex with the inn keeper, he was a being who had no need for such actions. He did to the whole "sex thing" with her in the end, so why the complaining? I personally find it refreshing to have a situation that is mildly realistic. He has never had need for sex before, why would his first action be to have sex for personal pleasure? He finds out that he is affected by it after having sex with Rose, it would make no sense for him to even try it before. As the story grows he will clearly learn how much different his body is now from before, there any many other games where the first sex scenes are after a while, I do prefer it so, it makes it a tad bit more realistic when compared to the millions of games where the first thing that happens are people throwing themselves at the mc.
MC is a god? it says he was an underling of a previous dark lord.
Then his former master died and he took over for a while before also dying.
Now he came back to life.
So he clearly had a body before. Else he couldn't die & come back to life.
He is also described as an "ancient" not as a god.

Also, what "complaining"? I was asking.
I have been playing for a while without any sexual desires.
So I was asking if this ever changes.
This is a perfectly legitimate question.

Also, MC finally got around to seducing the mercenary (for her energy) and explicitly states he is not unfamiliar with the pleasures of the flesh. he just doesn't feel sexual desires.
This means he is not a virgin discovering sex for the first time. He has experienced sex with his old body before dying.
This is not his first body equipped with sex organs.

You call it realism. but it seems quite bizzare to me that he fucked up his body so badly that his sexual orientation changed from asexual to heterosexual. And yet he didn't even notice. Or that he just didn't notice sex was fun in his previous lives (despite being supposedly extremely old and having done it before).
Realism is not the word I would use to describe such an old immortal suddenly switching from "sex? ewww" to "sex? awesome".

Last edited:

Catherine♡

Mar 10, 2019

Also, MC finally got around to seducing the mercenary (for her energy) and explicitly states he is not unfamiliar with the pleasures of the flesh. he just doesn't feel sexual desires.
This means he is not a virgin discovering sex for the first time. He has experienced sex with his old body before dying.

You call it realism. but it seems quite bizzare to me that he fucked up his body so badly that his sexual orientation changed from asexual to heterosexual. And yet he didn't even notice. Or that he just didn't notice sex was fun in his previous lives (despite being supposedly extremely old and having done it before).
Realism is not the word I would use to describe such an old immortal suddenly switching from "sex? ewww" to "sex? awesome".
The fact that he likes sex is pretty clear imo. It's because his body is new and weak, for example, in more than one moment the mc needs to sleep, eat and he even gets tired all thing a being of imense power does not would have cared for.
Also i think you would benefit a lot by reading lord of rings, some of the backstory of the game relies on Tolkien's work. Hell, the mc is literally Sauron even has the same badass armor and i bet the master he talks so much is Melkor/Morgoth.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
The fact that he likes sex is pretty clear imo. It's because his body is new and weak, for example, in more than one moment the mc needs to sleep, eat and he even gets tired all thing a being of imense power does not would have cared for.
Also i think you would benefit a lot by reading lord of rings, some of the backstory of the game relies on Tolkien's work. Hell, the mc is literally Sauron even has the same badass armor and i bet the master he talks so much is Melkor/Morgoth.
I am familiar with lords of the rings, and I saw the parallels.
But the impression was more of "inspired by" rather than literally lotr setting.
also, the dark lords in lotr are maiar, which are not gods. they are more like angels than gods.

underling spirits created to serve and assist the creators.

regardless. the game does not clearly communicate that the MC is being influenced by his body to drastically change his personality after countless eons of life. And it seems rather weaksauce for the MC to himself get corrupted by something as simple as a human body. Also he is clearly repeatedly stated to not be actually a human (reinforced by showing us his nonhuman eyes), merely having a weakened body due to recent resurrection.

Also, regardless of how human his body is now.
He explicitly states that he is already familiar with sex from before when he had his original body.

Illuminati00

Oct 27, 2022

Neither of them were really gods, but they were the same type of beings. He has had a body before, but if it was not clear from the text it is the first time the needs of a human actually affect him.

If it was not complaining, then I apologize. I am not the greatest at this language, and I wrote it in the middle of the night when I already was a bit agitated.

He did not change his sexual orientation, he was above such things. It would make no sense for spiritual beings to have a sex drive to begin with. Sex was never "ewww", sex was a useful tool that humans enjoyed, now it is stated a few times that whatever human body he has is allowing to feel the same things ase humans do. He is discovering the quirks of a new human body, I'd call it more realistc that he slowly starts to realise that he can enjoy sex rather than doing it instantly without discovering the change first.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Neither of them were really gods, but they were the same type of beings. He has had a body before, but if it was not clear from the text it is the first time the needs of a human actually affect him.
He explicitly mentions having had sex before. just finding no satisfaction in it.
now it is stated a few times that whatever human body he has is allowing to feel the same things ase humans do.
I have not noticed it being stated by the time chapter 2 was over.

It isn't even that hard to do. just give the MC a boner and have him react with surprise at it.
noting the differences in his body.

So far, he sleeps the very first night. Then explicitly mentions not sleeping anymore shortly after when he spends all night awake in the boat watching over Rose.

He mentions multiple times how much he disdains sex. He mentioned having done it but not really being impressed by it.
When he has the slightest spark of desire for Rose... it is explicitly from the challenge of conquest instead of actual desire.

So there are multiple problems here:
1. it is rather pathetic that an immortal ancient dark lord gets "corrupted" by a human body's sex drive into liking something he previously disdained.
2. it never actually tells or shows us this is happening. even though it could easily show this.
3. MC actively disdains sex at the beginning.

It would have been trivial to just have the MC not start out asexual.
Could still have slow burn on the sex by simply having the MC be highly driven:
"My ambitions come first. I can enjoy myself later"

If it was not complaining, then I apologize. I am not the greatest at this language, and I wrote it in the middle of the night when I already was a bit agitated.
Alright. fair enough.
I should note, back then I was asking...
NOW I am complaining :p

Last edited:
Reactions: wiseold6996

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
You know... I'll just mention one thing. It does say with bold letters under developer notes, if you're here for meaningless sex then this is not the game for you. And you could see as much from the other developer who reviewed and he told you the same.

I'll go ahead and agree with you that perhaps the "jumping" around makes you annoyed, yet writing something so story heavy requires a lot of jumping around. Though it is still very straight forward compared to a lot of other games. But eh... I have no energy for long debates or anything of the sort.

If you dislike it... you dislike it. Moving on.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
You know... I'll just mention one thing. It does say with bold letters under developer notes, if you're here for meaningless sex then this is not the game for you. And you could see as much from the other developer who reviewed and he told you the same.
Nice strawman. but
Could still have slow burn on the sex by simply having the MC be highly driven:
"My ambitions come first. I can enjoy myself later"
1. You guys are making excuses for the game that are not in the game.
The game does NOT show the MC grappling with his changed body.
In fact there are multiple times and instances where it shows he is clearly not human.
I even explicitly pointed out suggested methods in which this could actually be communicated.

2. You don't need the MC to start out as asexual to have slow burn story or a story where plot comes first and sex second.

3. Having an immortal angel like spirit dark lord get corrupted from an asexual who disdains sex into someone who likes it is horribly weak-sauce.
I'll go ahead and agree with you that perhaps the "jumping" around makes you annoyed, yet writing something so story heavy requires a lot of jumping around.
This is flat out wrong.
Fanfiction does this constant POV switches thing, but it is actually really awful. But fanfiction writers don't know how to write good stories by and large.

Real books tend to primarily focus and follow the main character. And this makes for much better stories.

Reactions: wiseold6996

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Nice strawman. but

1. You guys are making excuses for the game that are not in the game.
The game does NOT show the MC grappling with his changed body.
In fact there are multiple times and instances where it shows he is clearly not human.
I even explicitly pointed out suggested methods in which this could actually be communicated.

2. You don't need the MC to start out as asexual to have slow burn story or a story where plot comes first and sex second.

3. Having an immortal angel like spirit dark lord get corrupted from an asexual who disdains sex into someone who likes it is horribly weak-sauce.

This is flat out wrong.
Fanfiction does this constant POV switches thing, but it is actually really awful. But fanfiction writers don't know how to write good stories by and large.

Real books tend to primarily focus and follow the main character. And this makes for much better stories.
You seem to follow the story, yet you do not connect the story in the game whatsoever. Especially in latest update ( no its not public yet ) where MC explores his memories, it is one thing for mortal men and women to move on when their lover is slaughtered.

But it is different for a being to who time has no concept whatsoever, and it feels like yesterday. A bit of a spoiler but fuck it, once more I am saying this is not a game for someone who wants the MC's dick to be up like in every fuck fest game.

On another note, you expressed your disatisfaction. Done and gone. So why are you still persisting with this? Dislike it? Its bloody fine, move on.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
On another note, you expressed your disatisfaction. Done and gone. So why are you still persisting with this? Dislike it? Its bloody fine, move on.
People talk to me. I am polite and respond to them.
Just walking out without replying is rude.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
People talk to me. I am polite and respond to them.
Just walking out without replying is rude.
Debatable. Half the threads on F95 turn from replying to war. And I've seen my share alright. Simply don't want the same crap happening here.

Reactions: Illuminati00

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Debatable. Half the threads on F95 turn from replying to war. And I've seen my share alright. Simply don't want the same crap happening here.
shrug. fair enough. I will leave then. for my parting words:
I seriously recommend going over the dialog in the early chapters again and adding some more clear in game dialog that clearly indicates that the MC is actually now in a human body this time around. Not just that he is temporarily weaked by resurrection, but that he is fundamentally a different creature now.
As well as noting that he is actually experiencing odd new sensations. This is something that you need to communicate to the viewer.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
shrug. fair enough. I will leave then. for my parting words:
I seriously recommend going over the dialog in the early chapters again and adding some more clear in game dialog that clearly indicates that the MC is actually now in a human body this time around. Not just that he is temporarily weaked by resurrection, but that he is fundamentally a different creature now.
As well as noting that he is actually experiencing odd new sensations. This is something that you need to communicate to the viewer.
A decent suggestion. I'll see what I can do, gotta finish the current update but I'll go back and do some addaptions to the dialogues and see if I can convey some messages more firmly and obviously. Thank you.

Reactions: mrttao

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Bump -

Info regarding the update:

Maihes

Mar 6, 2020
Don't know if this is a bug or not but after i get on the ship with Rose and Isabela ... and after i talk with Rose on the ship deck at night the game gets stuck in the sense that the story doesn't move forward i get stuck with only relax on ship deck or rest in the room options. (after i pressed a "million" click on those thinking maybe i need to wait a few days for the story to move along, i simply gave up).

So if someone can say if that is a bug or what(since based on changelog i assume the current update doesn't end there).

4.50 star(s) 18 Votes