Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Bruh, thats was goood. Depressing but good. I mean I don't mind slaughter but dang itI kinda understand Rose torture is harder to digest than just killing lol. I kinda pity Faye she seemed like good ppl. Used by her own master and thrown away like a pawn.
At 1st I thought we'd maybe have a "redemption" path where the MC would be a "better" person (still think some ppl deserve to be anihilated lol) since he doesn't have to follow his master's orders nor fear him anymore (and some of his flashbacks seemed to indicate that he loved someone maybe at that time he wasn't "that evil". Idk). But now, Idk anymore. I think, the Mc might just go on a rampage lol. To be completely honest, I kinda challenged myself here bc I rly liked the lore and what the overview of the game proposed. But I usually never read those type of stories. Just not my type lol, too depressing.

Still, I enjoyed it. However, I want to know if our choices will impact the outcome of the story? Because maybe it's just me but I didn't really notice a difference apart from the achievements and maybe some relationships (I think).

Again great ame THX for the share. I will check next update for sure just hopes my kokoro can handle it lol.

Now I need to lighten up, I need smt like this "damsel to save or magical sword that you can use on a whim to smash through all obstacles". Smt to lighten the mood lol. Maybe not the damsel to save part but the overpowered part in medieval/magic settings. Damn yes I'm all for it.
So yeah I'm open to suggestions if you have any.

see you,

Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Bruh, thats was goood. Depressing but good. I mean I don't mind slaughter but dang itI kinda understand Rose torture is harder to digest than just killing lol. I kinda pity Faye she seemed like good ppl. Used by her own master and thrown away like a pawn.
At 1st I thought we'd maybe have a "redemption" path where the MC would be a "better" person (still think some ppl deserve to be anihilated lol) since he doesn't have to follow his master's orders nor fear him anymore (and some of his flashbacks seemed to indicate that he loved someone maybe at that time he wasn't "that evil". Idk). But now, Idk anymore. I think, the Mc might just go on a rampage lol. To be completely honest, I kinda challenged myself here bc I rly liked the lore and what the overview of the game proposed. But I usually never read those type of stories. Just not my type lol, too depressing.

Still, I enjoyed it. However, I want to know if our choices will impact the outcome of the story? Because maybe it's just me but I didn't really notice a difference apart from the achievements and maybe some relationships (I think).

Again great ame THX for the share. I will check next update for sure just hopes my kokoro can handle it lol.

Now I need to lighten up, I need smt like this "damsel to save or magical sword that you can use on a whim to smash through all obstacles". Smt to lighten the mood lol. Maybe not the damsel to save part but the overpowered part in medieval/magic settings. Damn yes I'm all for it.
So yeah I'm open to suggestions if you have any.

see you,
Well, thank you for trying and I'm more than glad to hear you've liked it. Though, I'd like to say that I wouldn't personally classify it as ''depressive''. Naturally this depends on one's perception, but not how I see it personally. Dark perhaps, violent even yeah.

As for Faye yeah, kinda sad on her personal part. Even more so starting EP2 when you get to know her character more, but at least she gets her chance to shine and kick some ass!

Related to MC's flashbacks... Oh yeah, he wasn't always the way he is now. That' d be accurate opinion, he was something akin to an angelic spirit, so he isn't inheritly evil. Nor would I deem him or define him as evil now... he is corrupted, yeah. And he is by far different currently than in his past, he used to be more of a murder your whole family guy. Now he is more calculated and cunning. Though he still has moments of mercy I'd say.

On a side note however, it isn't his plan to go on a random and meaningless ''rampage'' just cause ''I CAN!''. He seeks order above all. Just that his methods are drastic to say the least, but albeit needed given the fact of the state of the world he finds himself in currently. Plus, starting EP2 at some point you can see his thoughts on the matter, he see's that human's are a plague to themselves, by themselves. They're their own enemy.

And yes, I wouldn't have it too soon. But eventually, there should be some major choices. For now, a lot of them will impact different things, but not on a grandiose scale.

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Thx for the insight and this quick, qualitative answer.
Honestly, even I found the word depressing too strong yeah but dark is more like it like you said. I'd say I was feeling down not depressed after reading it, but the good down yk. The down you feel bc yo've invested a lot in the story lol.
As for the MC, I understand that he is not inherently "evil". But, more like his actions can be considered "evil". Yeah, from what I understood it's more like he has his vision of how things should be. When he has his goal set, he'll try everything to achieve it. At least that's the kind of person he seems like to me. (merciful evil achievement kinda correlate with my point. lol like what kind of pure evil is merciful)
He also want to finish what his master and him began. Still don't know why he doesn't seem to hate his master (maybe bc he is "dead" and there is no use for that "anger", since the MC state that uncontrolled anger is what lost him and his master + the lack of knowledge for trivialites) after what he has done to his "love". Maybe it's bc he still hasn't recovered all his memories. Heck, he didn't even recogonize the seer angel/"godess" when she presented herself in the spirit realm. Maybe, I misunderstood bc I was quite tired while reading but it seemed like he was supposed to know her. So many mysteries to uncover. Truly a pleasure. + Ofc the reason why they began all that. It seems to me that there is more than just wanting chaos... Otherwise he wouldn't have gotten angry at the seer angel/"godess" fo talking abt things she doesn't understand or know abt. At least that's how I see it.

Still I have a question abt the MC. He seems to think that fear (negative/evil emotions or whatever you may call it) is the best solution, That it rules over everything. But, since he lived for so long time, well since the origin of time lol. Isn't it bizarre that he doesn't believe (yeah I'm gonna go cheesy magical girl shit sry) that love can "beat" fear. I mean maybe I've let my thoughts wander around too much. But, is it bc he doesn't want to accept smt (Idk what), he doesn't want to believe in smt greater? I mean yeah it's true that those who are truly kind never live for long maybe that's why. It's true that it's a rarity to see a "kind soul" up the ladder. And yeah it seems like most of the ppl in that world are corrupted by greed, jealousy, envy and other malice but still you telling me since the beginning of time he never witnessed fear being beaten by love, envy being beaten by phylantropy...

Or maybe he just want to try and impose his vision to the world, for the world to be as he see it? Or maybe you just made him like that bc he is a "villain". And maybe (yeah again I know) I'm just overthinking and that was just a dialogue to introduce the scene lol.
Fr the reason I thought abt it is bc, at some point when MC thinks to himself after some Rose scene he kind of speak villain "nonsense" abt never seeing a truly "good" human or a human with no hidden desires. And that guy lived since the creation. that was odd so it kinda piqued my interest. Maybe it's just bc that's the way you set the settings of your world lol.

Oh and I'm thankful for Faye getting some cool scenes, she seemed like a kind soul a foolish one but still a kind one lol.

I'll stop here I alrdy wrote too much lol. Bruh I went on a rapmage again sry for writing "so much". I kinda don't stop when I begin 'till I'm satisfied lol.
THX for the awesome work I enjoyed reading your work hope you enjoye reading mine lol

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Thx for the insight and this quick, qualitative answer.
Honestly, even I found the word depressing too strong yeah but dark is more like it like you said. I'd say I was feeling down not depressed after reading it, but the good down yk. The down you feel bc yo've invested a lot in the story lol.
As for the MC, I understand that he is not inherently "evil". But, more like his actions can be considered "evil". Yeah, from what I understood it's more like he has his vision of how things should be. When he has his goal set, he'll try everything to achieve it. At least that's the kind of person he seems like to me. (merciful evil achievement kinda correlate with my point. lol like what kind of pure evil is merciful)
He also want to finish what his master and him began. Still don't know why he doesn't seem to hate his master (maybe bc he is "dead" and there is no use for that "anger", since the MC state that uncontrolled anger is what lost him and his master + the lack of knowledge for trivialites) after what he has done to his "love". Maybe it's bc he still hasn't recovered all his memories. Heck, he didn't even recogonize the seer angel/"godess" when she presented herself in the spirit realm. Maybe, I misunderstood bc I was quite tired while reading but it seemed like he was supposed to know her. So many mysteries to uncover. Truly a pleasure. + Ofc the reason why they began all that. It seems to me that there is more than just wanting chaos... Otherwise he wouldn't have gotten angry at the seer angel/"godess" fo talking abt things she doesn't understand or know abt. At least that's how I see it.

Still I have a question abt the MC. He seems to think that fear (negative/evil emotions or whatever you may call it) is the best solution, That it rules over everything. But, since he lived for so long time, well since the origin of time lol. Isn't it bizarre that he doesn't believe (yeah I'm gonna go cheesy magical girl shit sry) that love can "beat" fear. I mean maybe I've let my thoughts wander around too much. But, is it bc he doesn't want to accept smt (Idk what), he doesn't want to believe in smt greater? I mean yeah it's true that those who are truly kind never live for long maybe that's why. It's true that it's a rarity to see a "kind soul" up the ladder. And yeah it seems like most of the ppl in that world are corrupted by greed, jealousy, envy and other malice but still you telling me since the beginning of time he never witnessed fear being beaten by love, envy being beaten by phylantropy...

Or maybe he just want to try and impose his vision to the world, for the world to be as he see it? Or maybe you just made him like that bc he is a "villain". And maybe (yeah again I know) I'm just overthinking and that was just a dialogue to introduce the scene lol.
Fr the reason I thought abt it is bc, at some point when MC thinks to himself after some Rose scene he kind of speak villain "nonsense" abt never seeing a truly "good" human or a human with no hidden desires. And that guy lived since the creation. that was odd so it kinda piqued my interest. Maybe it's just bc that's the way you set the settings of your world lol.

Oh and I'm thankful for Faye getting some cool scenes, she seemed like a kind soul a foolish one but still a kind one lol.

I'll stop here I alrdy wrote too much lol. Bruh I went on a rapmage again sry for writing "so much". I kinda don't stop when I begin 'till I'm satisfied lol.
THX for the awesome work I enjoyed reading your work hope you enjoye reading mine lol

Mmh... right then. Its not that he hasn't seen these things, given how long he has been around. But it is exactly because he has seen these things, that he doesn't buy the b.s, because there is a constant cycle that is repetetive to him. And he has seen it quite a few times like a broken record.

For a time... peace > war > peace > war. Give humans a chance, and they make a mess and scramble it.

But here, I'll leave it even to your perception. I'll go as far to offer you some dialogues from Episode 2 I'm working on atm, where you can see his thoughts on some questions you've asked. I'll leave it in a spoiler.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And I'd say yeah, I'd not spoil it much. But he has his own kind of vision on things, and how they should be. On a more deeper note however, it is something heavily plot related that I simply do not want to spoil. As for his master, he doesn't hate him. He despises him. And that'd be an understatement.

As for not recognizing Thesia, he didn't recognize Thesia because when he was created, Thesia wasn't. Matter of fact Thesia came many, many ages later. By the time he was imprisoned. So yeah, he couldn't knew of her or who she was precisely. Well that is he knew WHAT she is, just not WHO's she is.

Reactions: Johan_0000

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Mmh... right then. Its not that he hasn't seen these things, given how long he has been around. But it is exactly because he has seen these things, that he doesn't buy the b.s, because there is a constant cycle that is repetetive to him. And he has seen it quite a few times like a broken record.

For a time... peace > war > peace > war. Give humans a chance, and they make a mess and scramble it.

But here, I'll leave it even to your perception. I'll go as far to offer you some dialogues from Episode 2 I'm working on atm, where you can see his thoughts on some questions you've asked. I'll leave it in a spoiler.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And I'd say yeah, I'd not spoil it much. But he has his own kind of vision on things, and how they should be. On a more deeper note however, it is something heavily plot related that I simply do not want to spoil. As for his master, he doesn't hate him. He despises him. And that'd be an understatement.

As for not recognizing Thesia, he didn't recognize Thesia because when he was created, Thesia wasn't. Matter of fact Thesia came many, many ages later. By the time he was imprisoned. So yeah, he couldn't knew of her or who she was precisely. Well that is he knew WHAT she is, just not WHO's she is.
Thanks for answering my questions and thx for clarifying things abt Thesia I kinda understood that like he said ; she was prbbly a daughter or grandaughter of one of the "originals/created" but I thought she had conversed with him in his past life. If he didn't knew her in his past life I'd assume that she is younger than 1000 years, Ig that's quite youg to his standard lol. Oh and Lol I'm feeling like a VIP here with the preview. I think I'm gonna devour that next update you have for us as soon as it comes out lol.

I wish you all the best,

• Red Heart

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Thanks for answering my questions and thx for clarifying things abt Thesia I kinda understood that like he said ; she was prbbly a daughter or grandaughter of one of the "originals/created" but I thought she had conversed with him in his past life. If he didn't knew her in his past life I'd assume that she is younger than 1000 years, Ig that's quite youg to his standard lol. Oh and Lol I'm feeling like a VIP here with the preview. I think I'm gonna devour that next update you have for us as soon as it comes out lol.

I wish you all the best,
No worries, always happy to chit-chat about lore stuff! :D One reason to create it, is to talk about it!

Yep, intro to EP2 will be here soon. If I had to make a rough estimate... 2 / 3 days maybe. So Saturday at best, Sunday at worst.

Reactions: Johan_0000

okamisamy

May 24, 2021
why all the good game still in the making! guys if you know any qualty game like this with the same or similar setting plz let me know

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
why all the good game still in the making! guys if you know any qualty game like this with the same or similar setting plz let me know
Cause DAMN a lot of work what I can tell you from my side. Dunno any other like this one I'm afraid, though my other Sci-Fi project Eden Prime should be okay I guess, maybe give it a go.

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 19, 2022
Finally the episode 2 is here.

vermintide-grail-knight.gif

• Red Heart
4.50 star(s) 18 Votes