homor

Oct 22, 2023
As I said, wrapping the EP2 up. I haven't manage to squeeze a lot of time these days, given this project I'm working on with DAZ... which made me lose my hair, I did pump out the renders I needed of course and what not. I've written quite a few lines as well.

I just need to grab a moment now to put the remaining stuff I got together, but this is gonna be last update. Aka EP2 finish. Since its already quite sizeable and has more than decent amount of content.

I'll be taking a break from SoF again after wrapping EP2 and focus on DAZ project. Since it requires more mind fucking and time dedicated to it.

And no, saying this for anyone reading this. Having a mild heart attack and panic. Doesn't mean I'm abandoning this. Poured too much money into SoF to abandon it. Just taking a mental break from it, don't wanna burnout from constantly writing the same thing or working on the same thing.

So its gonna be like it was with EP1. Wrap it up, take a break, make another. Repeat.
sad to hear this one was good :-(

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
sad to hear this one was good :-(
You're talking like its dead. :KEK: You do realize after finishing EP1, I went on a vacation and was away for 2 months? I still came back and pumped out EP2 didn't I?

Not going to be any different this time. And eh... give a shot to the DAZ project I'm working on. It is also fantasy genre in there, maybe you're not a dark lord like here, but who knows, maybe you find something in there to your liking. If not... that's fine too.

Otherwise... will have to wait again for me to get back with EP3 for this. If of any comfort at least you won't wait 5 years like people did for Milfy City. :KEK:

homor

Oct 22, 2023
You're talking like its dead. :KEK: You do realize after finishing EP1, I went on a vacation and was away for 2 months? I still came back and pumped out EP2 didn't I?

yeah and that was worse two months in my life..:)

Not going to be any different this time. And eh... give a shot to the DAZ project I'm working on. It is also fantasy genre in there, maybe you're not a dark lord like here, but who knows, maybe you find something in there to your liking. If not... that's fine too.

well after eden i lost hope in your new projects, just do this one wich is realy good :D

Otherwise... will have to wait again for me to get back with EP3 for this. If of any comfort at least you won't wait 5 years like people did for Milfy City. :KEK:

:ROFLMAO:

Joint311

Jul 13, 2022
Yeah well... he has right to his opinion. I can hear it, I don't need to necessarily agree with it. Up to him in the end really.
don't you think that if you focused on finishing both eden prime and strings and then taker your time working on under the moonlight would make your life easier?

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
don't you think that if you focused on finishing both eden prime and strings and then taker your time working on under the moonlight would make your life easier?
EP I'm gonna rework in DAZ most probably. I wanna put stuff on Steam so that's my goal. Not sure I wanna bother anymore with Eden Prime here, cause most stuff you get here is just shat at. No matter what you do or how you do it, so not gonna bother updating it here anymore.

As for Strings, it has quite a big amount of content as it is. The only issue with Strings is that, I can't do much with it. As in I can't really sell that or anything due to the fact it was made with HS2. That is why I am shifting my focus on things that I can actually sell, such as Under the Moonlight.

And maybe it would, but that's not exactly how it works. Do you think if I kept pumping out Strings content I won't eventually burn out and just have enough? That's the biggest issue with any of these, risk of burning out by constantly dealing with one thing over and over again.

Something I really try to avoid. When I took vacation over summer, I realized how mentally exhausted I was from all of this. And I don't want to put myself into such positions again.

Either way at this point Strings became something more of a hobby to me. I like the whole concept and the characters, and when I work on it I do it to relax. And that's perfectly fine, cause at least that way it won't burn my brain to a crisp. And I'll actually always keep pumping it out.

Axelfire

Aug 6, 2016
EP I'm gonna rework in DAZ most probably. I wanna put stuff on Steam so that's my goal. Not sure I wanna bother anymore with Eden Prime here, cause most stuff you get here is just shat at. No matter what you do or how you do it, so not gonna bother updating it here anymore.

As for Strings, it has quite a big amount of content as it is. The only issue with Strings is that, I can't do much with it. As in I can't really sell that or anything due to the fact it was made with HS2. That is why I am shifting my focus on things that I can actually sell, such as Under the Moonlight.

And maybe it would, but that's not exactly how it works. Do you think if I kept pumping out Strings content I won't eventually burn out and just have enough? That's the biggest issue with any of these, risk of burning out by constantly dealing with one thing over and over again.

Something I really try to avoid. When I took vacation over summer, I realized how mentally exhausted I was from all of this. And I don't want to put myself into such positions again.

Either way at this point Strings became something more of a hobby to me. I like the whole concept and the characters, and when I work on it I do it to relax. And that's perfectly fine, cause at least that way it won't burn my brain to a crisp. And I'll actually always keep pumping it out.
Sorry to hear that has been the reception on Eden Prime, for my part I have quite enjoyed it, even the thread it's self doesn't seem particularly negative, but I won't gainsay how you feel about it.

That said a few suggestions, people here and really anywhere, appreciate consistency and transparency not to say you haven't been both in spades, but if burnout is a serious concern try longer release gaps, one of the more popular games in here Seeds of Chaos. Used to be fairly maligned for never quite making it's proposed release date, eventually it switched to a two month release gap and while this change was at first controversial, it was ultimately for the better for all involved. Heck there are even games with a half a year release schedules in here!

Also the people here have a bit of a stigma against dev's with multiple unfinished projects, even if all of them are still in development, from either the pre-f96 days of infinite rpg maker games that went nowhere, to the more recent "it's a patreon scam" type scenarios, so you sort of have the deck somewhat stacked against you.

And one last bit that I think you might not be aware of but your games are being directly compared to some of the highest rated and beloved games in here, Eternum, Oppai Odessy and Pale Carnations, beyond just the fact the same engine is being used, it's the fact that all three of them are trying the same thing being a good story with well written characters, plus good sex scenes. This whether one likes it or not invites a higher level of scrutiny hence why I think in the eden prime thread nobody shuts up about the "to say the least" thing.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mystic and Joint311

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Sorry to hear that has been the reception on Eden Prime, for my part I have quite enjoyed it, even the thread it's self doesn't seem particularly negative, but I won't gainsay how you feel about it.

That said a few suggestions, people here and really anywhere, appreciate consistency and transparency not to say you haven't been both in spades, but if burnout is a serious concern try longer release gaps, one of the more popular games in here Seeds of Chaos. Used to be fairly maligned for never quite making it's proposed release date, eventually it switched to a two month release gap and while this change was at first controversial, it was ultimately for the better for all involved. Heck there are even games with a half a year release schedules in here!

Also the people here have a bit of a stigma against dev's with multiple unfinished projects, even if all of them are still in development, from either the pre-f96 days of infinite rpg maker games that went nowhere, to the more recent "it's a patreon scam" type scenarios, so you sort of have the deck somewhat stacked against you.

And one last bit that I think you might not be aware of but your games are being directly compared to some of the highest rated and beloved games in here, Eternum, Oppai Odessy and Pale Carnations, beyond just the fact the same engine is being used, it's the fact that all three of them are trying the same thing being a good story with well written characters, plus good sex scenes. This whether one likes it or not invites a higher level of scrutiny hence why I think in the eden prime thread nobody shuts up about the "to say the least" thing.
Longer gaps is easy to do. Though I'm not one to stretch things out for hundred years, I like to get stuff done. That's why I always try to not have long update times, because frankly we got a lot of that about here.

Oh of course they have stigma against dev's with multiple unfinished projects, but my reply to this when asked is the same and always will be. I will not hesitate to abandon a hundred projects if I am forced on it. What people don't realize is that these projects can take months to finish, depending how ambitious they are.

And why... would I... from logical perspective, waste my life and my life's time on producing something that I see no interest in? That people don't play or support? Absolutely not. If such people who can't comprehend this are set on complaining, complain away. If they wanna dedicate their lives and their years to NOTHING. Be my guest. I will not. So yeah, the moment I see lack of interest, or that people don't like it. I will can it. Period. No ifs or buts here.

If there is absolutely not enough support either... why would I bother? I've lost count and I don't wanna know anymore how much money I've sank into SoF's production and paying people to get shit done. I didn't get 0.1% of my investment back. And don't take my words here wrong, I am not asking for it. But that also gives no one the privilege to say shit to me what I do with the project I sank thousands of dollars into. My money, my project, my decision.

It'd be different if I was one of the devs that milk the people for years and don't give them what they paid for, but I'm not. So I like to believe I have the privilege of not giving a damn.

Also one reason why I'm switching to DAZ, whilst I already spent almost a thousand dollars on its assets. At least I know some of that will get back by Steam sales. And that my investment of money and my time will at least be somewhat appreciated by some people. There is nothing more disheartening and morale killing as specific types of people on this community. That's sadly one reason why many devs abandon stuff and go away, can't handle the pressure of constant negativity.

But irrelevant, these are certainly topics we could debate on for a while.

As for comparison of SoF to Eternum or something of such, I'll be honest I have no damn clue about any of that. I never saw it anywhere, wasn't told anything of the sort. So I'm very clueless about this. This is the first time I hear such a thing from anyone. Though feel free to point me to such threads.

But if its true, I'm glad people enjoy it. SoF is certainly my most passionate project. Or at least clashing about it with DAZ one atm. So I can't say I ain't glad people enjoy it... and hopefully continue enjoying it with episodes to come.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021

I didn't even know about Eden Prime. Going to take a look now. Thanks for mentioning it, otherwise I'd still wouldn't have known.

Trexsins

Feb 27, 2021

I'm sorry you had to endure such negativity. I honestly think you're one of the most sincere dev out here and you care deeply about your projects from what I've seen...Good luck to the development of your current and future creations. Hope to continue playing them...

Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I'm sorry you had to endure such negativity. I honestly think you're one of the most sincere dev out here and you care deeply about your projects from what I've seen...Good luck to the development of your current and future creations. Hope to continue playing them...
Appreciated buddy. Though past few days, the more I spend time here the more I think I'll withdraw from bothering to update anything here anymore.

Except for my Itch.io and my Discord server, I've had just about enough of shit people in this community. The best a person can do is just distance himself from here, cause lately all this place brought me is fucking depression, making me unable to focus or work properly on any project.

No matter what you do, its always shit.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Appreciated buddy. Though past few days, the more I spend time here the more I think I'll withdraw from bothering to update anything here anymore.

Except for my Itch.io and my Discord server, I've had just about enough of shit people in this community. The best a person can do is just distance himself from here, cause lately all this place brought me is fucking depression, making me unable to focus or work properly on any project.

No matter what you do, its always shit.
Bro, I know you're also staff here, but sometimes you have to do as I do, even though I get deleted and warned(lol) and tell these people to stfu and suck your dick. I know it's against the site rules, but, sometimes it's needed. It's why I take my lumps when I've fucked up.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Bro, I know you're also staff here, but sometimes you have to do as I do, even though I get deleted and warned(lol) and tell these people to stfu and suck your dick. I know it's against the site rules, but, sometimes it's needed. It's why I take my lumps when I've fucked up.
No point in fighting fire with fire, or by adding gasoline to it honestly. Also that wouldn't help me, just telling someone to stfu doesn't erase the impact these kind of things have on your mental state, and your mood.

I mean I've been here for quite some time now honestly, and at some point you just begin to grow exhausted from the bullshit.

Reactions: Dark Silence
4.50 star(s) 18 Votes