Dechi

Jun 15, 2019
It's my first time playing this kind of game rpg/slave training kinda thing. Am I doing something wrong or the difficulty of this game is off the charts? I tried going story mode to get a feel for the game. Actually specced my chara to be stronger in the strength and endurance. Go to the mage to get the main story and go outside to get the slave. I always get thrashed by the bandit, even if i try to go for villager, they always flee before I can finish them off. I already bought the dagger but it's still not enough. Tried to go for the sword but my stats aren't enough. Am I doing something wrong?

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
It's my first time playing this kind of game rpg/slave training kinda thing. Am I doing something wrong or the difficulty of this game is off the charts? I tried going story mode to get a feel for the game. Actually specced my chara to be stronger in the strength and endurance. Go to the mage to get the main story and go outside to get the slave. I always get thrashed by the bandit, even if i try to go for villager, they always flee before I can finish them off. I already bought the dagger but it's still not enough. Tried to go for the sword but my stats aren't enough. Am I doing something wrong?
Are you heading out with a full group or just by yourself? You should have at least 3 members in your party before leaving town. Preferably a full party of 4 so either buying one at the guild or take your chances on 3 and try to capture a 4th pretty quickly. You want to stick to that area just outside the city gates for quite a few battles, until you have gained some experience and levels.

Reactions: QwertyTheMad

QwertyTheMad

Apr 7, 2019
Has anyone released a mod to enable a child-like mc? If so, might I have a link, or at least a push in the right direction (creator's name, section of mods list to look through, something like that)?

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
It's not uncommon for people to believe that the stats they chose for the player character are their current stats, but those are the max stats. The player starts with 0 current stats unless you have a racial bonus, and 2 attribute points that can be assigned once the game starts. Even then, the player starts out with stats that are at equal to or slightly worse than most starting enemies. If you are playing version 1.0a from here instead of 1.0d from itch.io, then the enemies have a good chance of having gear as good if not better than yours. So getting the current version of the game will make things substantially easier.

For combat starts, I generally recommend starting in Wimborn as a halfkin wolf hunter focused on agility with decent strength and a little bit of endurance; other races can be used but it will be harder, especially for demons. Magic is only useful in combat during mid to late game, so even a mage should start as a melee combatant. For an easy start exploit, try using your starting gold to complete the Mage guild's first quest with a cheap slave at the market, as it will give you a bit extra gold to buy gear. The first thing to buy is chainmail armor; in early game good armor is more impactful than a weapon. Hunters start with a normal dagger which is fine for the start, just remember to equip your gear before going out to fight. I recommend using all spare cash to buy bandages and put one or two in your backpack(travel inventory is separate from mansion inventory).

Either assign both stat points to agility or 1 to agility and 1 to strength; agility is the best stat though strength will speed things up. In the player screen is an "Unlock Abilities" button that can be used to get Debilitate, which can be used to slightly reduce enemy speed for 3 turns though it deal a bit less damage. Speed comes mainly from agility and affects hit chance and dodge. It's best to start combat alone as allies without levels or armor are a waste of time and money. The starting combat goal is simply to rescue bystanders from thugs by chasing them off, they will probably try to run away when below half health. You probably won't be able to finish them off before they escape until you have several more levels or a partner. When you have decent reputation with Wimborn the rescued persons will offer a reward. If you select "no reward" then you will get more reputation. If you select "material reward", then you will get lots of money or occasionally an item. Use the money to buy more bandages, while you save up for equipment for your starting slave so they can join you. Lots of combat can stress out your allies, so use the exploration "Rest and eat" to reduce their stress to moderate levels before you end the day.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Has anyone released a mod to enable a child-like mc? If so, might I have a link, or at least a push in the right direction (creator's name, section of mods list to look through, something like that)?
I'm not aware of any such mod, though it's an easy change to make. Line 822 of ".../files/scripts/mainmenu.gd" in version 1.0d is
Code:
for i in ['teen','adult']:
so simply add 'child'.
Code:
for i in ['child','teen','adult']:
Any text editor can be used to edit the file, though don't change any whitespace(newlines, tabs, spaces), especially not newlines in Window's Notepad, or it will crash. I use Sublime Text 3, but others use Notepad++. The line is unique in the file so you can also use the "Find" function. Be sure to enable childlike characters in the game options menu or the person generator will reject your choice.

Reactions: QwertyTheMad

Dechi

Jun 15, 2019
It's not uncommon for people to believe that the stats they chose for the player character are their current stats, but those are the max stats. The player starts with 0 current stats unless you have a racial bonus, and 2 attribute points that can be assigned once the game starts. Even then, the player starts out with stats that are at equal to or slightly worse than most starting enemies. If you are playing version 1.0a from here instead of 1.0d from itch.io, then the enemies have a good chance of having gear as good if not better than yours. So getting the current version of the game will make things substantially easier.
Yea I know that we start with 0 current stats but I don't know about that 2 attribute points, do you mean they gave you 2 extra point to put for the max stats? like my human build max stats would be 6 4 2 6 if you read it from the top and the game would start with me having no proficiency in any of them.

Jul 16, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Unsure exactly how much you've got down so I'm just gonna go over most of the vitals at a basic level

Attribute points, gained through starting the game and leveling up, are how you actually increase your stats
Everything starts at 0 out of whatever cap you set when making your character
Attributes.png
Here you can see the attributes readout of a random quickstart character I made
The left number shows what stats your character has, the right is the potential your character has for them
You click the plus to spend an attribute point on a stat, increasing it by 1, up to the cap on the right
The attribute thing is in the "Personal Info" tab in the mansion, hotkey R

I'd recommend at least 1 point in agility when you start, as it affects your hit and dodge chances significantly

CuteTrapFeet

Dec 28, 2019
Hey guys, excellent game! Very addicting. I have a few questions for those kind and knowledgeable enough to answer.
I have been playing version 1.0a so far, using Portrait + Bodies MEGA PACK by soulcalibur and Improved random portraits.
The problem was that a lot of the more obscure races i find, don't load any portrait or body images and it appears even though there are a ton of portraits, the game chooses a lot of the same ones for some reason.(could be a coincidence)

Now i plan to switch to the latest version 1.0d along with the bugfix mod and the expanded sex/ chastity belt mod and at the same time hoping to fix the issues.

Will my old savegame as well as these mods, the bugfix v3 and expanded sex/chastity belt 1.3e work in well in unison with 1.0d?
Also what is the portrait pack or combination of packs that is recommended for this new version? Is the megapack i was using outdated? Variety is important but i just don't want to find slaves that don't have portraits.

Last edited:

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Hey guys, excellent game! Very addicting. I have a few questions for those kind and knowledgeable enough to answer.
I have been playing version 1.0a so far, using Portrait + Bodies MEGA PACK by soulcalibur and Improved random portraits.
The problem was that a lot of the more obscure races i find, don't load any portrait or body images and it appears even though there are a ton of portraits, the game chooses a lot of the same ones for some reason.(could be a coincidence)

Now i plan to switch to the latest version 1.0d along with the bugfix mod and the expanded sex/ chastity belt mod and at the same time hoping to fix the issues.

Will my old savegame as well as these mods, the bugfix v3 and expanded sex/chastity belt 1.3e work in well in unison with 1.0d?
Also what is the portrait pack or combination of packs that is recommended for this new version? Is the megapack i was using outdated? Variety is important but i just don't want to find slaves that don't have portraits.
The Improved Random Portraits mod requires that images exactly match characteristics such as race, sex, and to a lesser extent age (although images can be tagged with more than one) or the image will not even be listed as a possibility for that person. If no images match those characteristics, then the character will get no image. If only 3 images match those characteristics, it's still possible that you may only see one image due to the weighting of the images; one image may match more non-filtering characteristics and may be hundreds of times more likely to be picked randomly. I don't have the soulcalibur pack so I can't check how good it covers every possibility, but finding good images for every possibility has been a persistent and time consuming problem. The Strive Discord has a small group that gathers a lot of images.

Side notes. For 1.0a Mav changed dark elves to tribal elves and drows to dark elves, which can hinder older portrait packs from providing images for people with those races. You would need to manually change the names of the folders/images. Someone released an updated version of the Improved Random Portrait mod( ) that includes some bugfixes, it's not a huge difference but worth mentioning.

Save files from 1.0a are perfectly compatible with 1.0d. Those 3 mods should work fine together, though the bugfix may need to be first in the list.

Reactions: CuteTrapFeet

CuteTrapFeet

Dec 28, 2019
The Improved Random Portraits mod requires that images exactly match characteristics such as race, sex, and to a lesser extent age (although images can be tagged with more than one) or the image will not even be listed as a possibility for that person. If no images match those characteristics, then the character will get no image. If only 3 images match those characteristics, it's still possible that you may only see one image due to the weighting of the images; one image may match more non-filtering characteristics and may be hundreds of times more likely to be picked randomly. I don't have the soulcalibur pack so I can't check how good it covers every possibility, but finding good images for every possibility has been a persistent and time consuming problem. The Strive Discord has a small group that gathers a lot of images.

Side notes. For 1.0a Mav changed dark elves to tribal elves and drows to dark elves, which can hinder older portrait packs from providing images for people with those races. You would need to manually change the names of the folders/images. Someone released an updated version of the Improved Random Portrait mod( ) that includes some bugfixes, it's not a huge difference but worth mentioning.

Save files from 1.0a are perfectly compatible with 1.0d. Those 3 mods should work fine together, though the bugfix may need to be first in the list.
Thanks that's the randomportrait version i have been using. All the mods seem to be working together so far. Interesting tip on the renaming issue. The megapack i mentioned has a bit of a complicated folder structure so not sure what i should rename exactly. It has DarkElf, DarkElf+Drow, DrarkElf+Elf and Drow. It has no tribal elves which points to it being outdated. A lot of the folders also contain subfolders with adult, teen, loli etc. Should i put all the dark elves images into a new tribalElf folder and move the drow images to the first DarkELf folder?

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Thanks that's the randomportrait version i have been using. All the mods seem to be working together so far. Interesting tip on the renaming issue. The megapack i mentioned has a bit of a complicated folder structure so not sure what i should rename exactly. It has DarkElf, DarkElf+Drow, DrarkElf+Elf and Drow. It has no tribal elves which points to it being outdated. A lot of the folders also contain subfolders with adult, teen, loli etc. Should i put all the dark elves images into a new tribalElf folder and move the drow images to the first DarkELf folder?
The Improved Random Portraits mod uses a simple search to find race names(doesn't care about capitalization, must be no space between words of race name) within the path of the images ("...\Strive\portraits\DarkElf\Female\Teen\Blond SkinL TitsS AssS.png"). So long as the race name is found, that image will be a possibility for people of that race. Edit: the rest of those words in the path are tags, which are used to better match the image to the person.

Stuff like "DarkElf+Drow" is just a simple way of tagging images for multiple races, though the "+" does nothing so you could also do "...\DarkElf\Drow\..." with folders to get the same effect. If you put the dark elf folders into a tribal elf folder, then those images will appear for both races. Feel free to change the image tags however you see fit (watch out for typos), the image packs are just the best guess of whoever created them. Though make sure to change the folder names in both the portraits and bodies folders the exact same way, as the game uses matching paths to pair the images.

So long as the race names only appear in the folders, the best approach is to rename those folders(use either the right click menu or a slow two left clicks of file name in the windows file explorer). First change all instances of DarkElf to TribalElf ("DarkElf+Elf" becomes "TribalElf+Elf"). Then change all instances of Drow to DarkElf.

If the race names appear in the file names, then it is probably too tedious to change all the names, so I would recommend just dropping them into a new folder with the appropriate race name and accepting that the image's won't always match the race.

Reactions: CuteTrapFeet

CuteTrapFeet

Dec 28, 2019
The Improved Random Portraits mod uses a simple search to find race names(doesn't care about capitalization, must be no space between words of race name) within the path of the images ("...\Strive\portraits\DarkElf\Female\Teen\Blond SkinL TitsS AssS.png"). So long as the race name is found, that image will be a possibility for people of that race. Edit: the rest of those words in the path are tags, which are used to better match the image to the person.

Stuff like "DarkElf+Drow" is just a simple way of tagging images for multiple races, though the "+" does nothing so you could also do "...\DarkElf\Drow\..." with folders to get the same effect. If you put the dark elf folders into a tribal elf folder, then those images will appear for both races. Feel free to change the image tags however you see fit (watch out for typos), the image packs are just the best guess of whoever created them. Though make sure to change the folder names in both the portraits and bodies folders the exact same way, as the game uses matching paths to pair the images.

So long as the race names only appear in the folders, the best approach is to rename those folders(use either the right click menu or a slow two left clicks of file name in the windows file explorer). First change all instances of DarkElf to TribalElf ("DarkElf+Elf" becomes "TribalElf+Elf"). Then change all instances of Drow to DarkElf.

If the race names appear in the file names, then it is probably too tedious to change all the names, so I would recommend just dropping them into a new folder with the appropriate race name and accepting that the image's won't always match the race.
Alright man, thanks for your explanation. You are a lifesaver. I think everything should work properly now but if i have more questions i'll seek for your expertise again :)

grohotor

May 15, 2020
is there no way to raise more than 1 baby. giving it away is really fucking annoying and it ruins the roleplay

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
is there no way to raise more than 1 baby. giving it away is really fucking annoying and it ruins the roleplay
I don't think it works the way you think. There are no limits on the number of babies or children, though only Aric's mod supports twins, triplets, and so on. Unfortunately, the limits on keeping babies are a little weird and poorly stated.

You must complete the first two delivery quests(human and fairy) for the mage guild to raise your rank high enough. You need to buy a Nursery (nurse is not required) for the mansion, and you need 500 gold per child.

Reactions: Asia Argento

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Mod your file. For me, I get a level per fight because i modified the stats of the bandits. Low health, high level.

Do the same with kids. No money required. Ill look through the file myself and mod it for y’all and drop a link—— ill have to create a google drive. Fucking mega closes your account if you are inactive too long——

grohotor

May 15, 2020
Mod your file. For me, I get a level per fight because i modified the stats of the bandits. Low health, high level.

Do the same with kids. No money required. Ill look through the file myself and mod it for y’all and drop a link—— ill have to create a google drive. Fucking mega closes your account if you are inactive too long——
i went full derp, i had 2 kids born on the same day but only had 900g

• Sad
Reactions: scrumbles

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
i went full derp, i had 2 kids born on the same day but only had 900g
Using the patreon code and avoiding the resource farm makes the game far more relaxing and entertaining so you can avoid needless grind...

That's why I modded the XP and gold rewards, so you can "earn" your way up without immense grinding...

ralphie12k

Jun 11, 2020
Do the obedience and loyalty levels go down each day if the servants aren't interacted with, even if they are treated fine? If so, is there a point where obedience and loyalty stay the same or raise themselves if the servants are well taken care of?

4.20 star(s) 48 Votes