Danv

Aug 21, 2020
Anyone know what version bestiality was removed in? I read it was when the new sex system was added but not what version that was.
it wasn't removed? depends on what bestiality content you mean, as of latest 1.0d (and 1.0a) you can still use dogs and horses during sex interactions if you have necessary upgrades for your mansion, i don't think there was anything more than that

Fallen9182

Jul 10, 2017
I figured it out. in interaction when you select increase on the number of one of the animals when you then click on who you want to select it deselects the animal. Thanks.

Akhlys

May 30, 2021
OK may I request some help? I'm obviously doing it wrong. End of day says I used 5 food and my forager brought back 25, but my food supply goes constantly down instead of up and now I had a game over because I used my money on a sword I can't use and had no food left.. Also I captured a wolf girl and tried to go the full-on assault route.. but despite her fear being maxed, she still consistently resists "with brute force" any attempt at being physical.
What are you supposed to do?

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
OK may I request some help? I'm obviously doing it wrong. End of day says I used 5 food and my forager brought back 25, but my food supply goes constantly down instead of up and now I had a game over because I used my money on a sword I can't use and had no food left.. Also I captured a wolf girl and tried to go the full-on assault route.. but despite her fear being maxed, she still consistently resists "with brute force" any attempt at being physical.
What are you supposed to do?
Every character (yourself included) eats 10 food per day unless they have some skill that reduces that amount. So if your forager is bringing back 25 and you have 2 slaves then you are eating 30 food(includes you) and thus it says your are eating 5 more than you are collecting. You start the game with 200. Setting a slave to cook will help prevent this if you have enough gold as they will go to town and buy food.

I wouldn't buy much in equipment early on except maybe an additional cheap dagger. At least until you get an income flow started.

As for the resisting well, she is honestly stronger than you are and fighting back. Either use rope or bring extra people to subdue them. Of course, imo the better option is to just charm the pants off them first then they don't resist.

Dunfred

Mar 22, 2018
Playing in story mode and looking for a dragon girl.
The only location i have found is at the merchant and they always have bad stats.
Is there a location in the wilds that they can be found?

For the food situation, Phoexist, give your inital slaves the job of hunting or gathering

Last edited:

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Sometimes you can find them on sale at the slave market in Umbra.
They should also spawn as captives in bandit camps (mountains, but people reported they found them in different locations such as marsh and sea) or sold by slave merchants iirc (mountains). Chances are low, though, and fighting bandits is hard.
Once you complete story mode, you'll unlock a new location, dragon nests: there's plenty of dragon girls over there.
Finally you can meet them in any location, as travelers, if you edit the file files\scripts\explorationregions.gd

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
this is way later I know, but what if the flirt option doesn't show if you're a demon?
That is some incredible necromancy; you just replied to post made almost 3.5 years ago. Most people don't follow this game for more than a few weeks. The race of the player is not strictly related, though starting as a demon will give you negative reputation with all towns. The requirements for flirting with maple are currently having the fairy quest from Melissa, having a very high reputation with Wimborn, and a penis(male or futa).

• Haha
Reactions: QwertyTheMad

QwertyTheMad

Apr 7, 2019
Well, guess I won't actually be requesting that android mini-game, then. :p

Thanks for answering,
X3h0n
Ankmairdor

On a different note, Ank, the Dev appears to be Maverik, but you respond (in the pages since my question) as if you're the dev, but you don't have a dev tag. Did you take over as dev, or take on a lot of the programming grunt work? Are your answers talking about mods that you've made? Are you quoting from Mav's dev notes? I'm a bit lost. I know that the answer may be somewhere in the earlier posts, but 190 pages is a bit much to read through.

Akhlys

May 30, 2021
I think I still don't understand something. A slave with perfect stats gave birth, was set as "away" for two days and then just vanished. Shouldn't perfectly loyal and obedient slaves not run away? She's still there when I open the combat group dialog, but greyed out, and not on the combat group listing on the main page

EDIT: nevermind, should have waited longer, she just returned. Sorry

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Well, guess I won't actually be requesting that android mini-game, then. :p

Thanks for answering,
X3h0n
Ankmairdor

On a different note, Ank, the Dev appears to be Maverik, but you respond (in the pages since my question) as if you're the dev, but you don't have a dev tag. Did you take over as dev, or take on a lot of the programming grunt work? Are your answers talking about mods that you've made? Are you quoting from Mav's dev notes? I'm a bit lost. I know that the answer may be somewhere in the earlier posts, but 190 pages is a bit much to read through.
An understandable source of confusion, and not the first time someone has had the same thoughts. https://f95zone.to/threads/strive-for-power-v1-0a-maverik.1136/page-170#post-3195202
It's a bit lengthy to explain, so forgive my long response.

You could consider me an semi-official dev for Strive as the majority of the changes to the game since 0.5.23c were added by me. For my contributions, Mav added me to the credits for "bug fixes", since the majority of my effort was towards improving the reliability, appearance, and mechanical consistency of the game. Since Mav has focused his efforts on Conquest, I have probably become the most knowledgeable person about the game, so he relies on me to handle issues people have with the game. Though I also help people cause it's a good way to find problems to fix and put my knowledge to use.

My goal was to polish up the game but not add content or change the core feel to the game. While there is still much left that could be done to improve the game, I have intended to wrap up my bug fixing as the bulk of the issues have been addressed. I have a bugfix mod on itch.io which will collect stuff until I feel like bugging Mav with adding a new version. I will still be helping with mods, since I put a lot of effort into improving the mod system.

I think that basically answers some of those questions, but I'll try to address the questions just in case. My role is best described as a trusted contributor to the Strive community with official recognition for my effort. Not sure which answers specifically you are mentioning, most of the time I provide information about vanilla Strive from the code. As mentioned above I have helped(edit: typo) with the mod system and mods, so I also provide information on those. I don't have access to Mav's notes, but I've talked a bit with Mav on Discord (Strive has a Discord), read many of his responses on itch.io, and read most of the Strive's code (.gd files are plain text scripts). By using all this information I can usually figure out the answer to most things.

Last edited:

VonCarstein

May 22, 2020
I'm getting a weird issue during a few sex scenes. Certain characters don't work in the sex menu. It occurs randomly, but once it does the character affected cannot be engaged in the sex menu. This usually isn't too big of a problem since I can just sell the slave, but it recently happened to a named character.
I'm using version 1.0a, if that matters.

Has anyone here experienced this glitch before? If so, any idea how to fix it?

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I'm getting a weird issue during a few sex scenes. Certain characters don't work in the sex menu. It occurs randomly, but once it does the character affected cannot be engaged in the sex menu. This usually isn't too big of a problem since I can just sell the slave, but it recently happened to a named character.
I'm using version 1.0a, if that matters.

Has anyone here experienced this glitch before? If so, any idea how to fix it?
The problem is that handcuffs were updated for 1.0a, but I messed up so you need to either remove them before sex or download 1.0d from itch.io for free.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Does anyone know if this art pack works with 1.0a? Or what I may be doing wrong? I followed the directions...or so I thought. I extracted the archive in the "mods" folder in the default location.(users>username>appdata>roaming>strive>mods) Opened the game>mods>selected the mod>apply>exit game.

It's the only mod installed, it loaded with no errors when I clicked apply, shows up on the "active mod list" in game, I restarted the game. Yet no images show for my slaves.

Image packs do not go in the mods folder. Currently, the only thing related to image packs that goes in the "mods" folder is the Improved Random Portraits mod. The pack should be extracted and put the contents in the respective "portraits" and "bodies" folders.

If you have a save file, the game will not automatically assign images to existing people, so you will need to manually assign them or use the mod's random image button.

Reactions: jaxon69 and Donho78
Dec 1, 2018
I can't remember, but does Strive For Power contain dialogue options under "talk" option beneath sleeping conditions. Like maybe dialogue for learning more about a person or similar? Likes and dislikes? Past and hopes for their futures?

I remember playing a game such as this one, I'm not quite sure if it's this one or another. But I remember a form of dialogue conversation somewhere. All I'm seeing is "Order to call you..." and "Release..."

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I can't remember, but does Strive For Power contain dialogue options under "talk" option beneath sleeping conditions. Like maybe dialogue for learning more about a person or similar? Likes and dislikes? Past and hopes for their futures?
Brothel King, maybe? In that game, the girls have a past, food/clothes preferences and stuff.

Reactions: Donho78

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021

I remember playing a game such as this one, I'm not quite sure if it's this one or another. But I remember a form of dialogue conversation somewhere. All I'm seeing is "Order to call you..." and "Release..."
Could be thinking of Lilith's Throne. The dialogues you get back are pretty same-y, but the function is technically there.

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes