Qahlz

Jul 25, 2023
Can anyone tell me where the "Entrancement" spell can be learned? It's not at the mage guild at the beginning and can't be learned through the "Learn Ability" menu. Checked the wiki and the thread here, but while it's mentioned in both, it doesn't mention *where* it can be learned.
Given that it is needed to get one of the slaves in Cali's quest chain, I thought it would be available early on, but I can't find it anywhere.

Edit: Welp, just got it. You need to meet Chloe and help her out to get the spell.

Last edited:

thgilkcalb

Mar 11, 2018
It was quite hard begin as a demon at frostford, but i'm on day >200 now and didn't start a single event, the only down side is no new race in guild and no black market, is there even a time limit or i can just max out everything before starting the main story ?

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
It was quite hard begin as a demon at frostford, but i'm on day >200 now and didn't start a single event, the only down side is no new race in guild and no black market, is there even a time limit or i can just max out everything before starting the main story ?
Yeah, the game isn't really setup in any way for starting in towns besides Wimborn. There are very few time limits in this game, so feel free to wait until you can comfortably reach Wimborn before progressing.

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Is there a quick and easy way to raise loyalty, non-sexual?
Interact > Meet > which actions?
each time i finish after 20 actions, it states net loss of -1 loyalty, from chat+praise+headpat.

edit: threw in some comb hair after a few other actions, and i keep ending with only +4 loyalty after. btw freashly captured enemy bandit in jail [moved to common room just before interact > meet.]

Last edited:

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Is there a quick and easy way to raise loyalty, non-sexual?
Interact > Meet > which actions?
each time i finish after 20 actions, it states net loss of -1 loyalty, from chat+praise+headpat.

edit: threw in some comb hair after a few other actions, and i keep ending with only +4 loyalty after. btw freashly captured enemy bandit in jail [moved to common room just before interact > meet.]
At the end of the meet interaction 1/10 of the slave's mood is converted to loyalty, so every positive interaction should result in an increase in loyalty. If their mood is very low then many actions will be received poorly and not produce the desired benefits. Many actions have other conditions such as having sufficient obedience or loyalty to be received well. Also, most positive actions count how many times they have been used during an interaction and will start to be received poorly when used more than twice.

Recently captured slaves will have the rebellious status which reduces the max obedience by 50. While this won't directly block you from building loyalty it will cause the Praise action to always be received poorly and reduce loyalty, and is the only means of gaining less than 2 loyalty from the interaction.

The fastest ways to build loyalty outside of sex are meet actions that require higher obedience than your slave can have until the rebellious status expires or is removed.

Holding hands, combing hair, and hugging are small but reliable ways to improve loyalty. Intimate talk is less reliable but can have a larger effect.

Last edited:

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
does anyone play with aric's mod, I need help with a slave not part of my mansion but I get their random events its so annoying, any quick way to solve it through save file or some mod script?
I'm used to changing or removing relationships through save file but never occupation or anything mansion related

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
does anyone play with aric's mod, I need help with a slave not part of my mansion but I get their random events its so annoying, any quick way to solve it through save file or some mod script?
I'm used to changing or removing relationships through save file but never occupation or anything mansion related
The random events only choose a slave from the mansion to be the center of the event, however there is a bug that allows prior slaves to be the secondary slave in events as no filter was added to exclude such persons. That prior slave is selected using the central slave's "relations" list (different from "relativesdata"). Thus there are three ways to fix the issue:
1. Capture or kill the prior slave, which is wandering somewhere in the map, probably near where it was released.
2. Edit the save file to delete the relation between all mansion slaves and that prior slave by using their name to find their id.
3. Add a filter so that slaves must be in the mansion to be included in events.

To add the filter, open the text file ".../files/scripts/dailyevents.gd" in the Strive program folder and find the line:
Code:
if tempslave == null || tempslave.away.duration != 0 || tempslave.sleep in ['jail','farm']:
Replace it with the line(preserving the leading tabs):
Code:
if tempslave == null || !globals.slaves.has(tempslave) || tempslave.away.duration != 0 || tempslave.sleep in ['jail','farm']:
Save the file and in theory the issue should be resolved. This fix is temporary as any time you press Apply in the Mods menu it will be erased.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Artiour

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
The random events only choose a slave from the mansion to be the center of the event, however there is a bug that allows prior slaves to be the secondary slave in events as no filter was added to exclude such persons. That prior slave is selected using the central slave's "relations" list (different from "relativesdata"). Thus there are three ways to fix the issue:
1. Capture or kill the prior slave, which is wandering somewhere in the map, probably near where it was released.
2. Edit the save file to delete the relation between all mansion slaves and that prior slave by using their name to find their id.
3. Add a filter so that slaves must be in the mansion to be included in events.

To add the filter, open the text file ".../files/scripts/dailyevents.gd" in the Strive program folder and find the line:
Code:
if tempslave == null || tempslave.away.duration != 0 || tempslave.sleep in ['jail','farm']:
Replace it with the line(preserving the leading tabs):
Code:
if tempslave == null || !globals.slaves.has(tempslave) || tempslave.away.duration != 0 || tempslave.sleep in ['jail','farm']:
Save the file and in theory the issue should be resolved. This fix is temporary as any time you press Apply in the Mods menu it will be erased.
thank you for the kind help
two other bugs I hope someone could help with (they also appeared only after installing the mod):
1. leveling a slave through elevating their grade doesn't work, the elevating works fine but the leveling doesn't happen (all 3 auto-saves got corrupted, and had to reload from a very old save).
2. setting the game to only generates males or females doesn't work on people rescued from bandits, it only works on bandits, I would appreciate if I can change that.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
thank you for the kind help
two other bugs I hope someone could help with (they also appeared only after installing the mod):
1. leveling a slave through elevating their grade doesn't work, the elevating works fine but the leveling doesn't happen (all 3 auto-saves got corrupted, and had to reload from a very old save).
2. setting the game to only generates males or females doesn't work on people rescued from bandits, it only works on bandits, I would appreciate if I can change that.
2. This is a bit of a complex issue. Both bandits and victims use the same system for random generation and are not strictly blocked from reflecting the changed settings. AricsExpansion adds a persistent NPC system that recycles persons you have encountered previously, but this system does not check relevant factors for race or sex, which can lead to some weird results. The likely reason why this is affecting victims and not bandits is that the mod defaults the post battle choices to kill all the bandits, thus there are no bandits to re-encounter and they are always fresh.

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
2. This is a bit of a complex issue. Both bandits and victims use the same system for random generation and are not strictly blocked from reflecting the changed settings. AricsExpansion adds a persistent NPC system that recycles persons you have encountered previously, but this system does not check relevant factors for race or sex, which can lead to some weird results. The likely reason why this is affecting victims and not bandits is that the mod defaults the post battle choices to kill all the bandits, thus there are no bandits to re-encounter and they are always fresh.
I kinda noticed that, because there are captured slaves in my mansion with family members hoverable and I managed to re-encounter them outside, I'm kinda fine with that, I'm now into joining family members :giggle:, I hope I meet them before they take them to town square and hang them

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
I'm wandering what if I make changes in the backup folder, does that make the fix permanent, I tried it on the normal scripts first to make sure it works without causing issues

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I'm wandering what if I make changes in the backup folder, does that make the fix permanent, I tried it on the normal scripts first to make sure it works without causing issues
Yes, if you make changes to the backup folder then that makes them permanent. The changes do not rely on mod code so it is safe for it to be present without the mods applied, though there is nothing for it to fix. That function is not overwritten by the Bugfix mod nor AricsExpansion, so it is effective to put the changes in the backup.

Reactions: Artiour

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
game imbalanced as almost all here. hard and unclear at start and easy at the end except rushed extra content
Perhaps if you have trouble with RPGs or reading English. As I said, it just requires you to take your time as you actually have to level your team and get proper gear.

Armo99

Nov 26, 2019
in this particular game at start you have to hunt for single 1 lvl enemy being unable to avoid higher groups

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
in this particular game at start you have to hunt for single 1 lvl enemy being unable to avoid higher groups
Certainly that is a feasible route, though only peasants appear alone at level 1, which will likely put a huge dent in your reputation before you reach level 3. I haven't tried that route as getting gold is more important than getting XP early on, and the pair of thugs is far more efficient in this respect.

thgilkcalb

Mar 11, 2018
No, you Can, just need to build a wolf starting servant or reroll for a wolf with high [3] Agi [easy to find in frostford] and can run freely from frostford to wimborn, avoid 99% everything except frostford guards [which is rare and only attack when your reputation is low], thus choosing to fight any enemy you want, you Never "have to" hunt, only, you "want to" hunt, because lv1 bandits is far more easier to find than single lv1 peasant, and they are about the same strength, not even that hard to beat even on 1st day [with the right team], only annoying thing is when they runaway, but you still get reputation or gold, just farm and buy a weapon and that's it
PS: if you start in wimborn, it's even easier, or if u r a noob, u can always take ur time, i tested until day 200 without even leaving the city and it work just fine

4.20 star(s) 50 Votes