a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
are there better packs than the ones listed in the front page? like some other ones that the community made
There is one that has combine all of them and any doubles are being removed over time, I have not checked it out since it first came out so have no idea if any thing has changed.
https://f95zone.to/threads/strive-conquest-v0-6-8-maverik.39237/post-7685789

Unless you use the cheat you can only have 30 NPC's and I recommend you make your own set out of the mega pack so it does not slow down when looking through them all in game.

Reactions: babykeem

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
are there better packs than the ones listed in the front page? like some other ones that the community made

cause im a bit new to this game and im trying to get the best experience
IMO the actual best experience is to pick out some art off the internet that actually suits your own personal tastes and the characters in your save, and then just stick it in the portrait folder. As mentioned above, you can't even use that many portraits anyway and every piece of art you don't personally like or can't use in a pre-made pack is useless wasted space. May as well just do it yourself, it's pretty straightforward.

babykeem

Oct 5, 2020
is there a way to make the main character have parents? like a mother or father?

is this possible through modding maybe?

• Haha
Reactions: KhaiFirst

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I don't understand why the values for constants mod I set reset back to default randomly...
It's not random, you are. The Constants mod is fundamentally flawed in its design as it expects to be initialized only once per running of Strive. However, due to the game's structure when you return to the main menu from a progress it will re-initialize the mod. This causes it to believe that default values are actually the same as the changes it has saved. When the Constants menu is opened and closed it will re-save the changes it needs to make, but it will only save changes that are different from the defaults. Thus, after you return to the main menu it thinks there are no relevant changes and clears them. For the moment, you must quit the game before entering the Constants menu.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Using the in game options opens the folder for you.
https://f95zone.to/threads/strive-for-power-v1-0d-maverik.1136/post-2035776
And this also works for the new game and the same packs can be use there to.
Hi, I've been around here for a while, maybe you've seen me around.

I pointed out the hidden folders because their screenshot suggested that they had been trying to get there manually. Also, I never have hidden folders enabled so I wasn't sure if that may be relevant to the in-game button opening the folder.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Hi, I've been around here for a while, maybe you've seen me around.

I pointed out the hidden folders because their screenshot suggested that they had been trying to get there manually. Also, I never have hidden folders enabled so I wasn't sure if that may be relevant to the in-game button opening the folder.
No its not relevant when you use the in game option it will open the folder for you even if it is hidden.

OsoSober

Jul 22, 2018
hi all, i have a question, I know there is a way to adjust the base starting stats to 10 or any other number, as i had previously set my starting stats to 10, however, I had to reinstall and I can not remember file and where in the file to adjust the starting stats of the player.

And no, i do not mean editing the save file,

Can anyone help out.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
hi all, i have a question, I know there is a way to adjust the base starting stats to 10 or any other number, as i had previously set my starting stats to 10, however, I had to reinstall and I can not remember file and where in the file to adjust the starting stats of the player.

Can anyone help out.
You get more and faster help on there discord site.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021

Can anyone help out.
You should be able to adjust your starting stats if you enable constants mod. Enable it, restart the game, click "Constants" in the main menu then change "playerbonusstatpoint":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oct 3, 2019
Moving the portraits folder was easy enough. Last night I was trying to get the res://portraits folder to open with the button in the UI for "Open Portraits Folder." (where all the slave portraits show up in that grid in the game). So, you push the button, and it opens "strive root\portraits\". You'd think that would be really easy. Right? You can get the path of the executable (including the executable itself, which made the button launch a second instance of the game), or the path of the script, but not the full system path of res:\\.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's line 977, which leads to line 1099. That "OS.get_data_dir()" has no "OS.get_base_dir" equivalent. I spent a little over an hour sifting through google, examples, and documentation and just could not get it to fire. I eventually said fuck it and just made it trigger a tooltip saying it didn't work. That's why the upload I made yesterday of the full version + portraits has that little imperfection.

I'm sure there's a way to do it. I just don't have time to learn too much about Godot. But some of my files, like Mansion.GD and outside.GD, are pretty much entirely different games at this point.
Is the supporter code still the same? its not working for me

4.20 star(s) 48 Votes