SnakeLake

Aug 27, 2020
No idea. For noberta it started early October, and checking now it's gone. So probably some time.
FOW is most likely a smaller company than Nobeta Devs and Subverse obviously has a much smaller reach than Nobeta since it's an adult game, so I hope the review bombing does not do any significant damage to the development of the game by the time Steam takes any action.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
FOW is most likely a smaller company than Nobeta Devs and Subverse obviously has a much smaller reach than Nobeta since it's an adult game, so I hope the review bombing does not do any significant damage to the development of the game by the time Steam takes any action.
Noberta just a small indy dev afaik. Probably about same size or smaller than FOW.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
And new update, won't tl:dr it as its a lot of imagery and talk from the dev team about their roles and what they're up to.

Reactions: Danlorn

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I doubt that were review bombs. After the gallery "update" over 51% and maybe even more reviews were negative. Steam is just removing legitimate reviews of a legitimately terrible and lackluster game, that is a cash cow. Nothing new honestly. And Yes, those are literaly gifs.
Valve doesn't tend to remove thousands of negative reviews that happen in the spawn of a few days for no reason. It didn't help when like 90% of these was signed with pro China stuff, calling FOW for racist pigs etc. Chinese players made a big issue of FOW saying they saw no traffic data from mainland China, meanwhile the same players use vpn's to hide their traffic. They took that as FOW didn't acknowledge Chinese players/backers, and went all political about it. Even though further up in the post FOW did acknowledge their Chinese backers and appreciated them and their support.

No "legitimate reviews" been removed. You find negative reviews there still. Several thousand pro FOW reviews got removed alongside the thousands of Chinese ones. It turned into a cluster fuck of a culture war over a smut game. I guess all publicity is good publicity because FOW seem to came out on top.

A indy dev that creating a game called "Little Witch Noberta" got review bombed by much of the same people for much of the same reasons earlier in October. If you dig deeper into Steam about review bombing you will find more that suffered the same. I don't think the Chinese Subverse players earned themselves any favors doing this though.

Reactions: sx78

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I still see the review bombed store page from my side though, even after restarting my Steam client. I wonder why.

Edit: Never mind. It was due to my Steam client settings.
Maybe you got "off-topic review activity" disabled.

This was weird, my post did include your edit, but when I posted it wasn't in there... made my reply void :p

Reactions: SnakeLake

DouglasCosta

Mar 24, 2018
Currently, I am taking care of an important part of bringing more animations to PANDORA, which is called “retargeting.” This is where we take popular animations already available for other waifus and apply them to new ones. As you can see, DEMI is totally thrilled about it!
They can speed up the progress this way but if they reuse animations too much on other girls, it will be boring.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
different lady, different performance is not what I’d call a duplicate. And going from the post, they’ve been reading enough feedback to see what’s popular to warrant these scenes.
Some people get upset when their waifu of choice doesn't get scenes others they like less does. I don't really see it as a big issue that they do this as a fan service.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
More and More reproduction of "an already existing scene in the game, but girl used is switched and voice acting done by another human" confirmed.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
More and More reproduction of "an already existing scene in the game, but girl used is switched and voice acting done by another human" confirmed.
what a weird thing to have a hill for, as if animation studios haven’t done this for decades. Again with the hundreds of scenes we’re likely to have, you’re gonna have more to enough scenes to pick from. Unless you’re planning on watching a thousand scenes a day eventually, is it that big an issue if some are reused? IMO the Chimerina scene is so good, I’d gladly see all the ladies have their turn with it.

2.90 star(s) 250 Votes