Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Yeah, it's another somewhat strange decision. I mean, people should be encouraged to balance their points so they don't have to grind additional points, that's fair, but preventing that causes nothing but frustration for no actual reason. I mean, who wouldn't be frustrated if he had played the whole update but couldn't get all of the scenes at the end even if he wanted to?
Because eventually when the game is done, there will be many more to unlock. So much so that when you start a new game there’ll be so much to choose from just from the initial 2, you’ll wonder how you can get all that in 5 minutes :p

The devs have stated that there’ll be enough content to unlock everything for ever girl, ergo grinding won’t be necessary. Some ladies are clearly going to be later recruited, fowchan being described as an endgame recruit, so there has to be enough to max out her devotion as well for devotion quests.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Because eventually when the game is done, there will be many more to unlock. So much so that when you start a new game there’ll be so much to choose from just from the initial 2, you’ll wonder how you can get all that in 5 minutes :p

The devs have stated that there’ll be enough content to unlock everything for ever girl, ergo grinding won’t be necessary. Some ladies are clearly going to be later recruited, fowchan being described as an endgame recruit, so there has to be enough to max out her devotion as well for devotion quests.
And that's fine, but it still doesn't explain why the even bother to disable these things in the first place. As said, I don't see a single downside to let players get some additional experience in case they mess something up or just want to have it. If 99,5% won't need it, it's still good for the last 0,5%. Especially if you consider that many players actually do play the game right now before it's done and that they should be able to get all the scenes every single update. That's pretty much common sense I'd say.

But it's not like I'm surprised. It's one among quite a few small decisions which make the game worse than it has to be for no real reason.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Really? I thought she'll be one of the next girls after Taron. But if you're right, we'll get Fortune or Sova pretty soon... :oops:
Given she was a milestone added after the campaign passed all of its original ones, it makes sense she'd be much later in the game.

And that's fine, but it still doesn't explain why the even bother to disable these things in the first place. As said, I don't see a single downside to let players get some additional experience in case they mess something up or just want to have it. If 99,5% won't need it, it's still good for the last 0,5%. Especially if you consider that many players actually do play the game right now before it's done and that they should be able to get all the scenes every single update. That's pretty much common sense I'd say.

But it's not like I'm surprised. It's one among quite a few small decisions which make the game worse than it has to be for no real reason.
I think its also common sense to not let players grind infinitely in a game that will have a set amount of things to do. Like what if you could farm enemies on Eden Prime at the beginning of ME1, then just walk through the rest of the game, not bothering with side quests and such?

From the content drops so far, the initial and the Ela update, there is enough to get everything. If you didn't get it, you're just not doing it right.

killi.JPG lily.JPG demi.JPG ela.JPG

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Good news for Fow-Chan being last since I think she's out of place compared to the rest of the casting.

Reactions: Danlorn

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I think its also common sense to not let players grind infinitely in a game that will have a set amount of things to do.
Why?
It's literally stuff some people do. Does it make objectively sense for them to do that? Certainly not, but they are indeed basically telling players not to play their game.
Like what if you could farm enemies on Eden Prime at the beginning of ME1, then just walk through the rest of the game, not bothering with side quests and such?
I don't see any issue to be honest. If the sidequests are any good at all, people will play them. If they aren't, then they are ought to be improved so people will play them.

From the content drops so far, the initial and the Ela update, there is enough to get everything. If you didn't get it, you're just not doing it right.
I don't think there's a "right" way to play or at least there shouldn't be one. If someone likes to play all his frontline ground battles with Lilly and all his space battles with Ela (like me), why would you force him to play actual battles with Killi and not give him the choice to have a few relaxed easier battles instead to get her points?

I mean, one shouldn't on one hand say that people are free to unlock the scenes they way they want to in pandora, but on the other hand force them to play the game excatly in one specific way.

But I guess we won't agree on this anyway, given what I've read from you before...

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Good news for Fow-Chan being last since I think she's out of place compared to the rest of the casting.
She's a succubus from another dimension, so I'm fully expecting her to be very out of place xD

Why?
It's literally stuff some people do. Does it make objectively sense for them to do that? Certainly not, but they are indeed basically telling players not to play their game.

I don't see any issue to be honest. If the sidequests are any good at all, people will play them. If they aren't, then they are ought to be improved so people will play them.

I don't think there's a "right" way to play or at least there shouldn't be one. If someone likes to play all his frontline ground battles with Lilly and all his space battles with Ela (like me), why would you force him to play actual battles with Killi and not give him the choice to have a few relaxed easier battles instead to get her points?

I mean, one shouldn't on one hand say that people are free to unlock the scenes they way they want to in pandora, but on the other hand force them to play the game excatly in one specific way.

But I guess we won't agree on this anyway, given what I've read from you before...
Well that's an encouraging zinger, we can have a back and forth without that.

The point I've been trying to make is that at one point or another players are gonna see dozens of scenes per girl as soon as you acquire them at a 1.0 launch. But at some point you are also gonna max out a girl's devotion. So at some point you will have to stop using a girl and play with the others. The levels already have difficulty classifications by stars, and the devs have already stated they're looking to introduce actual difficulty levels, just for folks like you that have issues using waifus in certain scenarios.

difficulty.JPG

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
But at some point you are also gonna max out a girl's devotion. So at some point you will have to stop using a girl and play with the others.
Again, why? If someone likes to play the scenario mainly with two or three girls because he likes their playstyle, then he should be able to.
I just think the devs should determin a general direction. If they actually tie the girls more into the story etc. (for example by unlocking some scenes or the devotion dialogs etc. that way) then it's totally fine to have players play them without alternative.
But since that's not the case, they also shouldn't force players to play certain girls to essentially advance the story. Just let players play whom they want and give them the option to gain the points for everybody else somewhere else. Sure, it should be more effort for the player who does it that way timewise, but it should still be doable. It's zero additional work for the devs and it'll likely solve most people's problem.

Now they are going for some kind of pretty complicated compromise for - I'd say - no real reason.

The levels already have difficulty classifications by stars, and the devs have already stated they're looking to introduce actual difficulty levels, just for folks like you that have issues using waifus in certain scenarios.

View attachment 1521515
I'm not sure if they'll really fix the problem that way. After all the girls are different and will stay different. Space Combat with Ela is easy as hell, while space combat with some others can simply be annoying at times. It's not that it's hard to do either, it's just little fun in comparison and that's what playing the game should be about?

As said, it's just not the best design when a mission is (very) easily doable with one girl, but the player is essentially forced to play another girl and "has to" then lower the difficulty for that mission to have his fun.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Again, why? If someone likes to play the scenario mainly with two or three girls because he likes their playstyle, then he should be able to.
I just think the devs should determin a general direction. If they actually tie the girls more into the story etc. (for example by unlocking some scenes or the devotion dialogs etc. that way) then it's totally fine to have players play them without alternative.
But since that's not the case, they also shouldn't force players to play certain girls to essentially advance the story. Just let players play whom they want and give them the option to gain the points for everybody else somewhere else. Sure, it should be more effort for the player who does it that way timewise, but it should still be doable. It's zero additional work for the devs and it'll likely solve most people's problem.

Now they are going for some kind of pretty complicated compromise for - I'd say - no real reason.

I'm not sure if they'll really fix the problem that way. After all the girls are different and will stay different. Space Combat with Ela is easy as hell, while space combat with some others can simply be annoying at times. It's not that it's hard to do either, it's just little fun in comparison and that's what playing the game should be about?

As said, it's just not the best design when a mission is (very) easily doable with one girl, but the player is essentially forced to play another girl and "has to" then lower the difficulty for that mission to have his fun.
And you're more than welcome to play the entire game with just 2 or 3 girls. But don't expect to make progress with the other ladies. That's just logical. But if you want their scenes, their devotion dialogue, and their personal quests, you have to put the effort in. I love me Charizard in Pokemon, but I'd be nuts to try to beat the whole game with just him. And it wouldn't be as fun either personally.

Also its funny that you prefer Ela and Lily to space, as the majority of players I've seen prefer using Killi for the up close shotgun blasts :p different strokes for different folks it seems. And it does make me hopeful for the other 6 co-pilots we'll get eventually.

Reactions: Danlorn

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
And you're more than welcome to play the entire game with just 2 or 3 girls. But don't expect to make progress with the other ladies. That's just logical. But if you want their scenes, their devotion dialogue, and their personal quests, you have to put the effort in.
Quite the contrary, those who'd chose to grind these girls off-story would have to make an increased effort to get the points. But given that we've come full circle and given that you don't really care anyway, I'll stop here now. I won't repeat what I've written above.

,... as the majority of players I've seen prefer using Killi for the up close shotgun blasts :p
And that's probably the reason why they complain it's too hard? I've no idea how anybody can lose a single space combat with Ela, given how op her skill is.

PS: Your Pokemon analogy is actually not that good. There isn't a single Pokemon game which forces you to play a given high number of Pokemon (let alone all of them) to complete the game. You choose your team and that's it - once you are done you may or may not catch and train the others. Pokemon offers countless ways for the player to play, and it even offers Demi-like Exp-sharing for any Pokemon, so you can even fully level Pokemon without playing them once. So yes, Subverse should really be more like Pokemon in that sense.

Last edited:

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Quite the contrary, those who'd chose to grind these girls off-story would have to make an increased effort to get the points. But given that we've come full circle and given that you don't really care anyway, I'll stop here now. I won't repeat what I've written above.

And that's probably the reason why they complain it's too hard? I've no idea how anybody can lose a single space combat with Ela, given how op her skill is.

PS: Your Pokemon analogy is actually not that good. There isn't a single Pokemon game which forces you to play a given high number of Pokemon (let alone all of them) to complete the game. You choose your team and that's it - once you are done you may or may not catch and train the others. Pokemon offers countless ways for the player to play, and it even offers Demi-like Exp-sharing for any Pokemon, so you can even fully level Pokemon without playing them once. So yes, Subverse should really be more like Pokemon in that sense.
except Pokémon has hundreds of options to choose from whereas here you’ll have 10. And the XP share for DEMI is only because she’s a non-combatant.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
And you're more than welcome to play the entire game with just 2 or 3 girls. But don't expect to make progress with the other ladies. That's just logical. But if you want their scenes, their devotion dialogue, and their personal quests, you have to put the effort in. I love me Charizard in Pokemon, but I'd be nuts to try to beat the whole game with just him. And it wouldn't be as fun either personally.

Also its funny that you prefer Ela and Lily to space, as the majority of players I've seen prefer using Killi for the up close shotgun blasts :p different strokes for different folks it seems. And it does make me hopeful for the other 6 co-pilots we'll get eventually.
Taking Pokemon as an example is a bad thing since you can still beat the game with only using 1 pokemon.

Yours rocks Pokemon are strong against my fire starter ?

Tell that to my Lvl 22 Charmeleon Brock.

I know a lot of people like to balance their team, but as a kid, my tactic was always to have 1 over leveled pokemon ready to kick everybody's ass.

In Subverse, I find Kily to be less effective than very other girls in both ground and space combat. ( with 1 exception : In space combat against sexbots, her altfire is very good)

Henri Okita

Mar 13, 2019
Hello !
New to the game, I tried it, and even if I love the animations, can't make to appreciate the gameplay, so I tried to download a save file, I've changed mine for this one, but everytime I try to load it the game just come back to the title screen after the loading...

Any idea ?

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Wouldn’t advise playing the most current version, the replayable mission update introduced a new bug that makes some critical items not drop. They’re working to fix it asap

PokeIssau

Fan of girls with average tits.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018
In the end, I preferred to buy the game, it's not that expensive, it's about 12 dollars. I was thinking of downloading it pirated like everyone else (and also like many other games I've already downloaded here) but I think this time it will be better to buy it and avoid the super delayed updates.
1.JPG

Reactions: chapuza and Danlorn
2.90 star(s) 250 Votes