bydlo222

Jul 14, 2020
Is it still simulator of a videoplayer? Or raunchy scenes are now tied to the plot? i heard that devs were addressing the issue.

Last edited:

hiwarren1

Mar 9, 2020
You have 3 save slots to play with, so try it again and see if it occurs. If it does, I'd recommend reporting it either on FOW's discord, or the game's steam discussion page.
Three whole slots? Is this a console carryover or something?

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Universal Unreal Engine 4 Unlocker

just google it, or bing if you want to.
its homepage come with all info and things you need or dont even need to know.
Thanks for sharing this, I keep forgetting this tool exists.
Untitled.png

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
*deep breath*

Just gonna gloss over how Bioshag’s 1st scene is femdom and 2nd is consensual. (...)
Tarnheims claim wasn't that every single scene in their releases was dark, but that their releases were always generally dark in tone. And yes, if you have a release with 2 vanilla or consensual scenes and then a gangrape at the end, that is gonna be perceived dark in tone. Kinda like if you order a meal and it has some scallops and some garlic but it's also on fucking fire the fire is gonna be a little more impactful and memorable than any of the ingredients. Or how if someone wishes you a good day, shakes your hand and then pulls out a baseball bat and breaks your face with it you're not gonna exactly remember that as "The day x shook my hand.".

People that are into more depraved scenes will not lose their minds because they saw a vanilla scene, but generally people that are not into that more depraved content will gtfo if there is even seconds of gangrape or beastiality. That means it was actually a pretty reasonable assumption when ronadan said that a lot of their fanbase were actually there for the depraved content and obviously expected more of it.

And I'm saying that as someone that generally does not need to see shit like beastiality or rape and is happy Subverse is "tame" in comparison. But me liking their new direction in terms of themes (with mantic scenes for those that absolutely want them) doesn't mean I have to be blind towards the expectation their previous work nurtured within their community and the disappointment of said community that there is a change in direction. It's okay to change direction and try new things, but it's also smarter to openly communicate this early on, avoiding at least some of the backlash. Some people would still complain, but that is unavoidable anyway.

Also I'm not sure I get your last point about people complaining about the game but checking out what's new every patch. As much as I like their change in direction, I would agree that Subverse is actually terrible as an actual game, with any of the "game elements" feeling more like tedious padding rather than something that enriches the experience any way, so I would probably prefer it if they just made Subverse an interactive movie instead of holding on to aspects that don't work. Played the first 2 updates, didn't play any of the next ones, but still check this out each update to see if maybe they realized very few people enjoy the primitive and repetitive ground combat and the clunky "bullet hell lite", at which point it would be worth checking out again because their cutscenes (just for general plot or for sex scenes) are actually pretty nice and hurt by the "gameplay" surrounding them.

Is the implication that you are only allowed to check out what was changed/added every update if you swallow your criticism and only ever praise a game?

Reactions: XXII and Slayer128

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Tarnheims claim wasn't that every single scene in their releases was dark, but that their releases were always generally dark in tone. And yes, if you have a release with 2 vanilla or consensual scenes and then a gangrape at the end, that is gonna be perceived dark in tone. Kinda like if you order a meal and it has some scallops and some garlic but it's also on fucking fire the fire is gonna be a little more impactful and memorable than any of the ingredients. Or how if someone wishes you a good day, shakes your hand and then pulls out a baseball bat and breaks your face with it you're not gonna exactly remember that as "The day x shook my hand.".

People that are into more depraved scenes will not lose their minds because they saw a vanilla scene, but generally people that are not into that more depraved content will gtfo if there is even seconds of gangrape or beastiality. That means it was actually a pretty reasonable assumption when ronadan said that a lot of their fanbase were actually there for the depraved content and obviously expected more of it.

And I'm saying that as someone that generally does not need to see shit like beastiality or rape and is happy Subverse is "tame" in comparison. But me liking their new direction in terms of themes (with mantic scenes for those that absolutely want them) doesn't mean I have to be blind towards the expectation their previous work nurtured within their community and the disappointment of said community that there is a change in direction. It's okay to change direction and try new things, but it's also smarter to openly communicate this early on, avoiding at least some of the backlash. Some people would still complain, but that is unavoidable anyway.

Also I'm not sure I get your last point about people complaining about the game but checking out what's new every patch. As much as I like their change in direction, I would agree that Subverse is actually terrible as an actual game, with any of the "game elements" feeling more like tedious padding rather than something that enriches the experience any way, so I would probably prefer it if they just made Subverse an interactive movie instead of holding on to aspects that don't work. Played the first 2 updates, didn't play any of the next ones, but still check this out each update to see if maybe they realized very few people enjoy the primitive and repetitive ground combat and the clunky "bullet hell lite", at which point it would be worth checking out again because their cutscenes (just for general plot or for sex scenes) are actually pretty nice and hurt by the "gameplay" surrounding them.

Is the implication that you are only allowed to check out what was changed/added every update if you swallow your criticism and only ever praise a game?
Not at all. It’s just tiring seeing the exact same complaints over and over like you can just expect the developer to throw everything out and start over. Giant changes to the system aren’t gonna happen in a single patch.

Glighty

Jun 2, 2021
I know I'm not the first to ask but would be awesome if someone can upload the new pandora scenes, thank you.

Ladydarkness

Feb 16, 2018
can you help me how to update when i got the game before xd
Well unfortunately the update is too big, so what I can say is you can take the new torrent 0.5.0 and then verify the files and download the rest of them. You just need to put the name of your game folder as Subverse 0.5.0 and in torrent choose the folder where the game is, the torrent will do the rest.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NPS1121

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
can you help me how to update when i got the game before xd
Ya what you can do is if you already have an older version, let's say it's on c:\subverse for simplicity, you can just cut / paste the old files from the inside of that folder out to somewhere else (as a backup in case something is wrong with the new version and you need to restore) and then just download the torrent, and copy its content into c:\subverse and abra cadabra you've got the new version installed. Just launch the subverse.exe in the root of the c:\subverse folder

• Red Heart
Reactions: NPS1121

BSSDSJ

Jan 25, 2022
I get stuck on the grid combat tutorial. The game tells me to place Lily on the outlined tile but there's nothing I can do. There seems to be GUI elements missing or not loaded when I compare to screenshots, such as the portraits down in the left corner.
Seeing as I couldn't get past the tutorial I downloaded a 100% save file but I have some issues there as well. I load into the ship and can go to the different areas but I can't click anything. The gallery works fine but I can't interact with anything inside the rooms of the ship.
Somehow these two issues feel related to each other. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

2Q2see

Apr 1, 2020
I not trying to start a fight but I am cereuses, what do you want from the game? I pretty much got what I expected from the game and I don't understand fully what everyone hates about the game. I have played game 10 times worst and still has a good review (I am not talking about VN), and I am in full agrees that the game is repetitive and needs work for it to be a good game. However this dose not make me hate the game it is a flaw and anyone is in their fully right to complain about it. I fall to see why everyone hate the game for me if the game is playable and has good art it ok or even good. As said earlier I am not out here to start a fight or anything else. I just what to know what you think would make the game good and what it fall at meting or surpassing your exaptation.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I not trying to start a fight but I am cereuses, what do you want from the game? I pretty much got what I expected from the game and I don't understand fully what everyone hates about the game. I have played game 10 times worst and still has a good review (I am not talking about VN), and I am in full agrees that the game is repetitive and needs work for it to be a good game. However this dose not make me hate the game it is a flaw and anyone is in their fully right to complain about it. I fall to see why everyone hate the game for me if the game is playable and has good art it ok or even good. As said earlier I am not out here to start a fight or anything else. I just what to know what you think would make the game good and what it fall at meting or surpassing your exaptation.
Click on the reviews tab for the game and you will see in detail what people like and dislike about it.

2.90 star(s) 250 Votes