3.50 star(s) 102 Votes

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
So will chapter 1 remain as is or will you tweak it?
Cause i feel like if the amount of required battles that all are very same-y will alienate a lot of people.
I want this game to succeed as much as you want it to. (I am also a game dev, not in the adult space tho :p and know a thing or two about game design)

Trust me the amount of grind that is currently required in Warlock Saga is wayy to much.

As youve said grind that is optional is totally fine. If the player is enjoying the game loop and wants to buy a certain cool item sure let him grind.
But right now 80% of playing Warlock Saga is spent in combat and the same combat encounter over and over.

In the beginning you literally have to do the same sequence for like 10 times.
Go to desert fight enemy (spam the same spell until the enemy is dead, no brain required) -> youre almost dead return to town and heal up

repeat this until you have enough money to buy the first basic upgrades, congrats you spent prolly an hour and now youre a tiny bit stronger and take more hits.

Its fine to have a lot of combat encounters if each combat doesnt take that much time but right now every fight takes at least 5 rounds. If those 5 rounds where unique and actually required you to stop and think for a second that would be fine. But you can just spam the same spell each and every time until the enemy dies.

Balancing and making a proper RPG is hard af. I see 2 possible ways of possibly improving the experience:
- just make the combat parts easy and short enough that everyone can pass it with relative ease (doesnt require doing hard RPG game design)
- actually spend a lot of time to think of various combat systems and unique enemies that take skill to beat (skill as in smart decisions from the player not just getting a strong spell/weapon)

the 1st option is a lot easier to implement as a dev and maybe you think its boring cause an easy game isnt that exciting right?
But I think where SC and WS really shine is the lore and world building. You should focus on your strong sides as a dev not your weaknesses. If you struggle with game balance and coming up with interesting combat encounters, just make it less of a focus of the game.

The 2nd option is also a perfectly fine choice but as ive said, its the harder choice cause good game design is just hard to do.

pls dont take this feedback as an attack, i just want to give my 2 cents as a backer of the game. :)
I'll take a look for sure.

I don't want to make the game easy, because at the end, with all summons and runes and spells, the game already become that. I don't want the game to become spam attack only.

What I think I'll do is to remove the fights with the mercenaries a bit. reduce from 5 to 3 per cave/hideout.
This will be a total of 6 long fights less.

Garbage69

Aug 8, 2017
I'll take a look for sure.

I don't want to make the game easy, because at the end, with all summons and runes and spells, the game already become that. I don't want the game to become spam attack only.

What I think I'll do is to remove the fights with the mercenaries a bit. reduce from 5 to 3 per cave/hideout.
This will be a total of 6 long fights less.
I unfortunately think you need to do more than just to remove 6 fights.

The core issue is that combat right now is pretty boring but takes up a lot of gameplay time.

It took me 7.5 hours to beat (mind you i cheated in 35k after the first hour cause the grind was so bad). So it would have taken me even longer to beat the game naturally.

The 35k didnt even change that much because the upgrades barely make a difference anyways.

The only part of grinding that a player enjoys is the reward that they get at the end (buying an expensive item in this case)
But the reward as it is right now is pretty lackluster.

And the large majority of the game was spent doing the same combat encounter over and over.

Combat = unfun right now
Sexy scenes and story = very fun

If you want your game to be good the player should spend the most amount of time doing stuff that the player finds fun.

Again, it would be totally fine if a large majority of playtime in WS is spent in combat if the combat actually required thought.
But you can just do the same thing over and over. So essentially 80% of the game is just waiting until i get to the fun parts.

Just grinding by fighting the same enemy over and over is more like a job than a fun game lol.

Removing 6 mandatory fights already is an improvement but the main problem is still the huge grind you have to do.
Sorry if im being a bit blunt here but I feel like the game needs some more major changes.

In Succubus Covenant i never really had to grind. I just progressed from area to area. In the areas themselves I avoided combat and only fought against the succubi which was fun cause they are the main focus of the game.
Avoiding combat is its own little mechanic since you need to outmaneuver the enemies. Which is also fun.

Reactions: Gmaer

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
So im supeeeeer confused since i checked the warlock saga DA artist profile but i been seen a lot of talk about the GAME. so is it actually playable? and if so is it public or only for patreons ;P?

Wargreg

Apr 14, 2020
The game is fully playable.
The story is (for me) better than SC.
The start of teh game is quite hard as you are very weak. Once you figure how to have a full party it's much more enjoyable.

It seem that there is only 1 chapter for now...

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zion of Olympus

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
The game is fully playable.
The story is (for me) better than SC.
The start of teh game is quite hard as you are very weak. Once you figure how to have a full party it's much more enjoyable.

It seem that there is only 1 chapter for now...
And the game its public or patreons only? D: i been seeing a lot of users commenting about warlock saga this, warlock saga THAT and i would love to give it a try if the game its open to the public!

Reactions: Lesovikk

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019

skyreacher

Jan 23, 2018
https://f95zone.to/threads/succubus-covenant-warlock-saga-ch-1-olympus.80241/

Someone already leaked and it was upload here.

You guys can now play the first chapter of warlock saga.
Tell me your thoughts about it and above all, I hope you guys enjoy it.

Support us if you can, we want to expand even more. A manga series is the next step I want to take.
sory if this is a repeated question but just got to know, Sc forest is still being developed? or abandoned for the warlock ? loved the forest one so far :eek:

Hero sama

Jan 4, 2020

Gad video is here! Learn more about your fellow Adalon Hunter in this new video for our youtube channel!
huge thanks to BigLundi for his epic voice and Oreo Rodeo for editing and creating the video!
What a witty, dashing and strong-willed young man! Can't wait to see him get dominated by the queen!

• Wow
Reactions: Cantaloupe Hunter

shadow80

Dec 17, 2017
After playing the game and playing with the spell mechanics. I actually found the game to be rewarding once you figure out how to exploit the game to make it easy.

Some spoilers.

Go to the Ice mage school. Accept the quest and get the orc as your 3rd member of the party.

Grind some bandits to get low level gears. I only bought Tier 1 for the MC and Imp. Left the orc alone.
I rushed the Tier 2 ice spell. This spell is actually quite broken.

Go fight the leaf succubus.
Cast the tier 2 ice spell to freeze the leaf succubus for each turn (pretty much 100% proc rate)
Imp cast her magic attack
Orc uses item to restore MC magic points.
Rinse and repeat for a perfect victory

Once you have the leaf succubus in your party. Do her story quest for an upgraded skill of her.
At this point, you'll stomp through the chap 1 content. You can start the grind to get better gears but Tier 1 equips were more than enough to easily beat the content.

Yes the game is grindy but the content is there. I would suggest having an option to skip all the sex scenes after killing each enemy. Once in awhile I would hit watch scene by accident and have to skip all 3 cutscenes of your allies killing the enemy. For the oasis mission, I would lower the number of guards you have to kill in each camp to help speed up the story progression.

Other than that, very solid chapter 1! I enjoyed it very much.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 102 Votes