outsider artisan

Developer of Succubus Stories.
Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Version 0.8.1 is now available in the free edition of the game . The focus of this update is largely on futanari content, but there are some other additions for those of you not into that sort of thing, too. I'll provide mega links if I have time.

Reactions: notagain1234

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Mega links for v0.8.1:

Need the tags: futa/trans, futa/trans protagonist, and transformation.

Reactions: koopl

Kinky_One

Jan 16, 2018
Honestly, i feel that after some level of exposure Paige shouldn't randomly feel embarassed for no reason. Like, you spend the day waking around covered in cum and masturbating all around town, but then suddenly feel ashamed and has to run? Doesn't make much sense, to be honest.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Honestly, i feel that after some level of exposure Paige shouldn't randomly feel embarassed for no reason. Like, you spend the day waking around covered in cum and masturbating all around town, but then suddenly feel ashamed and has to run? Doesn't make much sense, to be honest.
Yeah, it's a little illogical, but the issue is there are unique scenes tied to the shame system, plus it enhances the exhibitionism content for some people, so removing it entirely would make certain content inaccessible and potentially spoil some of the fun for some people.

There may be some better way to make it work, like making the shame system optional somehow after certain perks, but I'm not sure how that'd work and its not a priority right now for me.

TL;DR: It is the way it is to avoid removing content as you progress. I want perk progression to always add and never permanently remove content, so I don't have a good way to handle perks that should logically remove content right now.

Reactions: eightypercent

Kinky_One

Jan 16, 2018
Maybe you could have her shame represented as another status, like lust and pee. And trigger those scenes once that status reach max. This would give the impression that she is always at least a bit embarassed, and after a number of public exposures and catcalls it would reach a boilling point where her shame kicks in. Probably still not ideal, but would make things make a little more sense.

ara1111

Apr 6, 2019
I don't get how you do this maid training right. I used snip to compare the options I have to what it wants me to say and they don't even match up at all. I have multiple 'smiles broadly' - the actual maid only smiles once.
The controls are also ass. Half the time clicking does nothing. Sometimes it moves what I click right. Sometimes left. Its both random and unresponsive.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
I don't get how you do this maid training right. I used snip to compare the options I have to what it wants me to say and they don't even match up at all. I have multiple 'smiles broadly' - the actual maid only smiles once.
The controls are also ass. Half the time clicking does nothing. Sometimes it moves what I click right. Sometimes left. Its both random and unresponsive.
Sounds like it's bugged out, as it's obviously intended to be both possible and responsive. I'll look into it.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Yea just coming back the next day made it lack the 3 different 'smile broadly' options
I'll try to figure out what's going on with it. Thanks for letting me know. Note that the controls work by swapping a pair of phrases you click on. Sounds like it was bugged, but it just occurred to me that that may not be clear. Half the time clicking does nothing because you select one phrase, then click another to swap them.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Yea. It just repeats the same option and that error message. Should maybe have a failsafe 'return to house' button
There is, sort of. Open the about menu and click the word `By` where it says `By Outsider Artisan`, then click ok and it'll let you leave. Leaving certain scenes and events can cause bugs, so I'd only use it for stuff like this.

Reactions: ara1111

theremnant

Oct 19, 2019
I really enjoyed this one, played up until the end of content. My only minor issue is that I'm really not into watersports content, and the toggle being just a blur over the scenes is a bit silly. It's not the scenes themselves that are meh to me, it's the 'idea' of them. Blur the text box and image, and I still know it happened regardless.

Still though, the rest of the content was enjoyable enough that I was able to look past it.

Though I am not sure if it's a bug, but I was unable to find any blackmail on Wimbol after going and searching at least two dozen times, so I just gave up and confronted him without it. The story continued, but I was left confused why that option was there if it would just be an endless dead end/waste of time.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
I really enjoyed this one, played up until the end of content. My only minor issue is that I'm really not into watersports content, and the toggle being just a blur over the scenes is a bit silly. It's not the scenes themselves that are meh to me, it's the 'idea' of them. Blur the text box and image, and I still know it happened regardless.
Thanks for playing it, and I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

Yeah, I think I dropped the ball on the content settings. It's a little too late to go back and create a proper content system now, but it's something I want to do better in the future. The issue I had developing these systems was that the player still needs to be able to gather the appropriate ingredients. Changing the potion ingredients in relation to the content settings would have been quite a task and probably would have introduced a variety of other issues and knock-on effects. There is certainly a better solution out there than what I settled on, though.

Though I am not sure if it's a bug, but I was unable to find any blackmail on Wimbol after going and searching at least two dozen times, so I just gave up and confronted him without it. The story continued, but I was left confused why that option was there if it would just be an endless dead end/waste of time.
It's possible it is bugged, but it's also possible the game doesn't sign post some of these elements well enough. Basically, you have a chance of finding a ledger in the house. The chance is based on your cunning and how many times you looked, after about four or five searches the chance should be close to 100%, and it can reach 100% and be guaranteed, too, so unless it's bugged, you should find it after a while.

Once you find it, the game tells you to take it to Carol. This isn't added to your log, but it probably should be. After you take it to Carol you can use it on Wimbol when you confront him.

It's possible you did maybe find it on one of your searches, but maybe it was after several attempts and so you just mashed through the instruction to take it to Carol. Not saying that's definitely it, but that's a possibility. I think either way, whether it's bugged or not, now that I think of it, it could use some adjustments.

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
What a cool game! An indeed pleasant surprise :) 10/10! I'm finding the story very interesting too, I didn't expected the plot twist...

I don't like too much the missable content thought, is there a guide somewhere where you can see what you can miss or not?

PAxej

Jan 7, 2021
Hey, this is possibly the best text based game on the site

Quick feedback that shouldn't be too hard to implement:

basic sexual activities (blowies, footjobs, anal, whatever) shouldn't be locked. I should be able to choose say 1 or 2 of the 9 of them to go from the beginning, so that I dont have to spam oral on prostitution to get money or anything, and blow guys that don't want a blowjob

Otherwise top teir

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
Something I'd personally like to see would be more growth out of the player character as a succubus, especially in terms of abilities and powers. I get that succubi in this setting aren't exactly the "omnipotent when it comes to anything sex-related" demons that you see so often, but I wish there was... more to her, in a way? Stuff like being able to cast spells for certain effects instead of needing potions, while still giving you the option to use the potions instead, so it becomes a balance of resources (using mana/MP/whatever for spells vs. using the potion).
Would also love to be able to use the futa potion on some of the random NPC girls you meet (and potentially/hopefully yourself at the same time...)

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
What a cool game! An indeed pleasant surprise :) 10/10! I'm finding the story very interesting too, I didn't expected the plot twist...
Thanks so much! I'm glad you liked the game!

I don't like too much the missable content thought, is there a guide somewhere where you can see what you can miss or not?
Missable content is a logical consequence of the choice-based narrative of the game. In other words, stuff isn't missable for the sake of it or to be punishing, but instead to enhance the player's agency in the game and provide real consequences and meaning to their decisions. This does have the unfortunate effect that players will not be able to see every piece of content in the game in a single playthrough. However, there will be a New Game + mode in the future to allow players to replay the story without needing to re-unlock most things so that they can hunt for scenes they missed.

As far as a guide, each major update listed in the has a Hints and Tips section that details some guidance to what's in the update and hints at some possible missable content and different paths you can take. Ultimately though, there is no guide, and I think my time is probably better spent on the game's content then on compiling something like that.

Hey, this is possibly the best text based game on the site
Thank you so much!

Quick feedback that shouldn't be too hard to implement:

basic sexual activities (blowies, footjobs, anal, whatever) shouldn't be locked. I should be able to choose say 1 or 2 of the 9 of them to go from the beginning, so that I dont have to spam oral on prostitution to get money or anything, and blow guys that don't want a blowjob

Otherwise top teir
I agree there is some weirdness in the early game progression, and I am open to adjusting it. I'll take this into consideration when I do rework these early game progression elements, hopefully I'll be able to do that soon. As the game goes on, unlocking sex acts and moves sort of took a backseat to unlocking entire activities instead, and I think the latter is a much better way to gate content.

Anyway, going back to fix and adjust the early game is something I definitely want to do. Thanks for the feedback!

Something I'd personally like to see would be more growth out of the player character as a succubus, especially in terms of abilities and powers. I get that succubi in this setting aren't exactly the "omnipotent when it comes to anything sex-related" demons that you see so often, but I wish there was... more to her, in a way? Stuff like being able to cast spells for certain effects instead of needing potions, while still giving you the option to use the potions instead, so it becomes a balance of resources (using mana/MP/whatever for spells vs. using the potion).

Spoilers about the story if you haven't reached the end of v0.8's story content:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A spellcasting system would probably be a bit much to add at this stage, but I do actually really like the idea of a magic system, and I have vague plans to make a game focused on witchcraft in the future, as a sort of successor or sequel to this game. I don't think anything like that will make it into this game, though, it's just not built for it, and adding major consequential systems like that, meaning systems that would ostensibly be able to influence every interaction and encounter, is probably too much at this stage in the game.

Would also love to be able to use the futa potion on some of the random NPC girls you meet (and potentially/hopefully yourself at the same time...)
Version 0.9 will allow players to use futa potions on NPC women! As far as both characters taking them, I want that to be in v0.9, but it may get pushed back to v0.10.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: icollectsouls
Aug 8, 2018
I've barely started but I can already see that this is a very good game. I especially like the Web version, what is this thing even made in anyway? The prefix just says [Others] so that's very helpful. I've been thinking of creating a software(not a game I'm afraid) for my personal use and this looks far better than what I can rig up in HTML, CSS and JS.

4.30 star(s) 16 Votes