3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Truvelo

Jul 16, 2017
The first part was really good, but in this part I think the developer got a little confused, the map is too big, there are too few side quests and the world offers really little activity, the plot doesn't impress like in the first part, the game has a large world, but on it doesn't offer much at the moment, if you look at the release date of this part it can be really annoying how much time it takes for a developer to add content to the game that would be similar to the previous part.

nodice20

Jun 26, 2019
Succulence One was 2.5 games slammed together to make one. It was a game about a teacher being corrupted, a game about a woman transported to another world, and a game about a woman dealing with / battling a succubus corrupting her. Each one of these concepts could make a compelling game and somehow the dev was able to thread the needle and place them all in a single game without it being a total disaster. In fact, Succulence One is a great game but it isn't without its flaws. The jamming of so many ideas together makes part of the game feel less then fleshed out, you can actually see where content was cut or abandoned and the closer to the end things get the more it starts to be a bit of a mess.

Succulence Two is similar in that it is several ideas thrown together. It is a game about a reality shifting woman who fights inside the dream real, it is a game about a TV anchor being corrupted and exposed and it is a game about a local woman corrupting her apartment complex. However this time around the dev isn't able to tie things together nearly as well and things feel disjointed and that combined with the fact that it is being made to a high technical standard that the Dev has not mastered has not helped things at all.

I think it is pretty clear that Dev himself knows that he is having problems making it 'click' narratively and technically which is why it had several restarts for like the first year it was developed. The dev now though most likely feels 'trapped' by the standards and narrative path they set at the beginning of the story.

It would Honestly be better if he started a series called 'Succulence Tales Of:" and made a more narrowly focused set of games, like one about a tv anchor being corrupted, one about another teacher being corrupted, etc and then try and come back to Succulence Two or even a new game using the Succulence Two name.

Someone

Jun 3, 2017
So, is this game worth to be played again?
The first part was really good, but in this part I think the developer got a little confused, the map is too big, there are too few side quests and the world offers really little activity, the plot doesn't impress like in the first part, the game has a large world, but on it doesn't offer much at the moment, if you look at the release date of this part it can be really annoying how much time it takes for a developer to add content to the game that would be similar to the previous part.
It was going decently, but "rebuilds" have a tendency to destroy many games. I have seen many games (new paths, defenestration...) killed by devs trying to rebuild them. And the worst thing is that these games were always going kind of good before the dev would dismantle them. Maybe they had some bug, maybe they would crash once in a while. But they had lots of content and things to do. Succulence 2 was developing well. Had consistent updates. Now is the skeleton of what was before. And we can honly hope to see it again in it's former glory.

puffmutter

Aug 29, 2019
Succulence One was 2.5 games slammed together to make one. It was a game about a teacher being corrupted, a game about a woman transported to another world, and a game about a woman dealing with / battling a succubus corrupting her. Each one of these concepts could make a compelling game and somehow the dev was able to thread the needle and place them all in a single game without it being a total disaster. In fact, Succulence One is a great game but it isn't without its flaws. The jamming of so many ideas together makes part of the game feel less then fleshed out, you can actually see where content was cut or abandoned and the closer to the end things get the more it starts to be a bit of a mess.

Succulence Two is similar in that it is several ideas thrown together. It is a game about a reality shifting woman who fights inside the dream real, it is a game about a TV anchor being corrupted and exposed and it is a game about a local woman corrupting her apartment complex. However this time around the dev isn't able to tie things together nearly as well and things feel disjointed and that combined with the fact that it is being made to a high technical standard that the Dev has not mastered has not helped things at all.

I think it is pretty clear that Dev himself knows that he is having problems making it 'click' narratively and technically which is why it had several restarts for like the first year it was developed. The dev now though most likely feels 'trapped' by the standards and narrative path they set at the beginning of the story.

It would Honestly be better if he started a series called 'Succulence Tales Of:" and made a more narrowly focused set of games, like one about a tv anchor being corrupted, one about another teacher being corrupted, etc and then try and come back to Succulence Two or even a new game using the Succulence Two name.
A Succulence-story with just (slow) exhibitionism and (slow) corruption would be enough for me.

megaszone

Sep 5, 2016
As a player, I kinda of disagree since I really loved how the first game was weaved together as world. Sure, some parts came short, but that's to be expected of a small team (or one person). There are tons of "kinetic games" out there that are great fap fodder, but at the end of the day, I crave the complexity.

But yeah, it makes creating the game hard as fuck so lmao. Good luck to the dev; I hope things turn out well.

Reactions: pehanur

nodice20

Jun 26, 2019
As a player, I kinda of disagree since I really loved how the first game was weaved together as world. Sure, some parts came short, but that's to be expected of a small team (or one person). There are tons of "kinetic games" out there that are great fap fodder, but at the end of the day, I crave the complexity.

But yeah, it makes creating the game hard as fuck so lmao. Good luck to the dev; I hope things turn out well.
Succulence is one of my favorite games and I agree when things are woven together well they are amazing. That said I don't think the Dev is able to do this to the level that he, or the playing public, would with any consistency. A part of me thinks that Succulence worked because it was some combination of being mechanically simpler and the dev had to fight less with the mechanics and the technical side, possibly being a story idea that might have been kicked around and refined in the devs head for a long time before making a game and thus flowing better, amazing luck with Succulence just working out, and/or horrible luck with Succulence 2 not working at all.

A Succulence-story with just (slow) exhibitionism and (slow) corruption would be enough for me.
The dev completely has the ability right now to I believe competently make narrowly focused games and to do slow exhibition and corruption well. Refining their skills on simpler but well made games might help them be able to make something more complex again in the future.

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
I am a little confused with this story, I discovered the first chapter of this story after Zoe's Temptation & "The Fall of Juliet" I thought something happens to the main heroine of this story, yet it has been a while. Does'nt the Succulence heroine go bad or become a hot demon and was a teacher?.

Pa3uk

Jul 22, 2017
I am a little confused with this story, I discovered the first chapter of this story after Zoe's Temptation & "The Fall of Juliet" I thought something happens to the main heroine of this story, yet it has been a while. Does'nt the Succulence heroine go bad or become a hot demon and was a teacher?.
In bad end she become SLUT teacher -_- .... in good she travel in universe o_O .... fell into another world... lost her memory... Sometimes there are flashbacks... The saleswoman is (probably) the reincarnation of the succubus from the first part...
Well, this is how I understood ... on the other hand, this is some kind of nonsense 8\
Or maybe all this =(DOG'S DREAM) and the heroine is in a coma after (drug) party -_-
Conclusion = kids, drugs are bad, mkay?

Reactions: JaszMan

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
In bad end she become SLUT teacher -_- .... in good she travel in universe o_O .... fell into another world... lost her memory... Sometimes there are flashbacks... The saleswoman is (probably) the reincarnation of the succubus from the first part...
Well, this is how I understood ... on the other hand, this is some kind of nonsense 8\
Or maybe all this =(DOG'S DREAM) and the heroine is in a coma after (drug) party -_-
Conclusion = kids, drugs are bad, mkay?
I like the succubus angle better than the do not use drugs or coma angle myself.

Reactions: Pa3uk

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Holy f bomb, the rebuilds have all been about core ui, graphic, and code issues. Nothing to do with concept or story mechanic issues. Anyone who assumes the rebuilds are about, the dev lacking direction or concept. Your mistaken. If the rebuilds are anything other then what they are. Then it's to prolonge the development of the game in order to milk it for as much as they can. I usually frown upon this kinda thing, but given how the first game he barely made squat off it, I can accept a little milking.

NUR

Jun 4, 2018
The quest "New job" stopped at "I should use the elevator on the second floor..". Protagonist can work, but that is all. What I did wrong?

Last edited:

Shakunai

May 10, 2017
I peek at pictures folder and it look like it has many scenes that can't find in game yet what I really confuse is why so little content? or it bug brcause I stuck at New Job quest and can't do anything , I remember that old version has many scene and quest done already

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes