• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I keep wanting to like the game, I really do, but, right now, it is not that good.

TobiMAH

Dec 19, 2017
Try making your game stand out, when this first got released i wanted to play it but i was waiting for a few more updates to try it out, now that i see that you've kinda lost motivation i will say that 1. as Avaron said you need to do this because you like it and not because you want money cuz it's hard to get a stable job out of this.

2. Try and make some relatable elements to people. If you make smth because you want the money then i guarantee you it's bound to fail, if you wanna succeed you should start making this for fun and put a good amount of effort into it.
it's your game so why not try making it a really good game?.

Don't be biased to yourself but if you were a player like us would you play your game? try and see it from every perspective possible so you know what to improve on and how to improve on your game.

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
Well I tried the v4 update. I can see a lot of promise here but see some room for improvement as well. I didn't replay the whole game just from my last save in v3. So I may have missed the grindy minigame - or just not recognized one.

The animations are not bad and plenty sexy enough - but many of the choices seemed more of an impediment to the game than contribution. The repeatable story and eye opening scenes could probably be better implemented as simple animations in the game. I got the feeling they were an experiment on how to actually implement such a thing without a driving need in the story yet.

I definitely saw a more minimalist implementation of the story with fewer words and letting the pictures tell the story. My personal opinion would be to add another line or two here and there and it would much improve a few of the minimalist scenes - but I can understand the desire not to.

I hope you find the desire to continue this story as I see a lot of potential for it as it develops. Thanks for sharing your hard work though!

g6107419

Nov 25, 2018
to the game dev the biggest issue without a doubt is the English - the spelling and grammar are massive negatives which not only hurt it game but make the "story" into a "the room" style quality.

Maybe it's worth looking into having someone who is better with English look over it or use a tool like grammarly which could look over what you're writing, the writing itself isn't bad it's just how quickly you go from point to point like their discussions are bullet points and spelling mistake such as "but how do you knew theit names?" at the very start (ignoring that it should be "but how do you know their names?")

hopefully some helpful input.

snowsquirrel

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
I keep wanting to like the game, I really do, but, right now, it is not that good.
I have the same problem.

the biggest issue without a doubt is the English
Are you talking about the first part, or it is everywhere? As the beginning is the most terrible part which I am planning to remake completely.

Maybe it's worth looking into having someone who is better with English
I know this will be required at some point, but I am too asocial to look for someone.

many of the choices seemed more of an impediment to the game than contribution
I made most of them because I wanted, not because they were required for story or something. And since they already exist, then why not add them.

they were an experiment on how to actually implement such a thing
Most things - I'm experimenting on how to implement them better.

add another line or two here and there and it would much improve a few of the minimalist scenes
I will consider that.

Reactions: ILCjr

g6107419

Nov 25, 2018
Are you talking about the first part, or it is everywhere? As the beginning is the most terrible part which I am planning to remake completely.
Most if not all of it, it doesn't feel like I'm reading a story, it feels more like I'm reading a presentation slide and just getting information.

I will say I do like the unique art style it has, the setting is pretty cool and the direction it's going in seems completely fine - The animation/art is actually pretty cool.

It's just reading the bullet points that feels odd vs reading a story, if you're planning on remaking/making changes then I can't say too much until I read the stuff but I think it's nice that you're addressing mine and everyone else's points, makes me think the game will go in a good direction.

snowsquirrel

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
it doesn't feel like I'm reading a story, it feels more like I'm reading a presentation slide and just getting information.
Fine, I will do something with it. Probably. As remaking old stuff is the most boring and nofun part, specially compare to making new content. Personally I am worrying more not about text, but about images as they looks awful now. Just dont want to touch that part.

and then I was like AWWW :( no fun time
I decided to make a dramatic pause here and not to post everything in one update.

Reactions: g6107419

snowsquirrel

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Meanwhile today I remade some of the face shadows. They looks similar, but they are procedural now instead of 4k images.So they consume less VRAM and are much more easier edit and animate (if I will ever do such things). Also I found how to make hearth pattern for pupils. It is merely (x^2+y^2−1)^3−x^2*y^3=0.

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
Honestly I don't see your image work as being bad. It is very stylized and differentiated but those things are not bad, and help your game stand out from the crowd. Your humor helps the story greatly, as does the fact that you are telling a much different story than most we see here.

I'm not sure how much work goes into creating each of these images, and that could be a place were you could improve things - if it takes a lot of polish work and time to get them presentable then you may want to change your process, but if it isn't too much work or it is work you enjoy then I think your images are fine as presented.

Adding a few lines to the newer content may help it seem less like as presentation as g61 mentioned, but I don't think any more than a few would be necessary to elevate things considerably. 20% of the work will get you 80% of the results - and if you don't like the writing I wouldn't go beyond that 20%.

Which bring me back to something I believe I said in a previous post. This is your art, and your game. You are generously sharing it with us - do what makes you happy and keeps you interested in continuing. Some people will like it, some won't - unless you are trying to make a living off of this there isn't much need to try to cater to the masses. Doing so will generally only make you unhappy with the compromises you need to make for wider popularity.

snowsquirrel

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
I don't see your image work as being bad
But I do. The image I can make now are plus better compare to those in the beginning of the game. After few months I will be able to improve them even more.
It is quite difficult to make a game with renders which will be considered as bad here. I know only few game and they are rare exceptions. Even if I can't make any good 3dcg - it is always possible to blame someone else, to say "this is engine limitations" for example.

how much work goes into creating each of these images
From few minutes to an hour per image, depends on the complexity of the poses. Making an image is basically move a character, change a pose, change some background props, press the "render" button. But some time I can't get desired result and must change someting again and again. I made this "one hour" limit as some time I was not able to receive acceptable result after a long time and can easily spend a week on one picture. But is the the most ineffitient work pace.
Obviously it does not include time to prepare all scenes for the event (this can take a week, but I can use them later so it is not a waste of time) and the script.

snowsquirrel

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Last week I received 5-star review, but it was changed to a 3-star.
Yesterday I received another 5-star review, but it was removed.
Should I know something?
If this game is so terrible, then why not to put 1-star right away and tell everyone to stay away?
Or you never grew up after the high school and your personal opinion depends on what the popular kids say?
Just a question.
Anyway thank you very much for your support. This is the best motivation for me to make new content and post something here for you.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hard to say could be a troll could be that they never played the game and just gave it a review and then changed it after playing maybe they reviewed the wrong game or they want to redo their review as they did it when they were drunk and it looked bad in their eyes. The lists of possibilities of why something happened are long.

g6107419

Nov 25, 2018
Last week I received 5-star review, but it was changed to a 3-star.
Yesterday I received another 5-star review, but it was removed.
Should I know something?
If this game is so terrible, then why not to put 1-star right away and tell everyone to stay away?
Or you never grew up after the high school and your personal opinion depends on what the popular kids say?
Just a question.
Anyway thank you very much for your support. This is the best motivation for me to make new content and post something here for you.
Try not to take it too personally, right now I would give it a 3* but I can see that you're putting effort into this and I can see the projects going well, as such I'm keeping my rating until an update or two :)

xionet123

Sep 23, 2018
No te desanimes, es tu primer juego vas aprendiendo y ganando algo de experiencia para el próximo juego que realices, igual manera seguiré apoyando tu trabajo.

gfx

Jun 11, 2020
As a babby gay this spoke to me and caused a wild cocktail of half-memories to flood my brain. It's so great. It's not pretty, but the shots that work are in a way beautiful.

I don't care about the fetishes because the story is so reminiscent of common gay things. I love it. It makes me remember discovering girls.

Reactions: afterlights

gfx

Jun 11, 2020
Well i hope you focus more on making it emotional. That'd make me pretty happy. It's a pleasant surprise, to be made to feel something by a game from this place, even if a lot of it is just me projecting my feelings onto it

Reactions: afterlights
4.20 star(s) 6 Votes