• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

snowsquirrel

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Episode 0.003a update notes:
- Over 100 new images!
- Over 5 new animations with over 60 frames each!
- Many small fixes!

Public release is scheduled for May 25.

A lot of behind-the-scene improvements:
- Many materials were updated. The most difficult part in making new materials is to find a good reference where we can see how it must look on the final picture. After that recreating it with shaders will be a rather simple technical task.
- Improved kinematic for better posing. Creating new poses is one of the most favourite part, but high contrast shadows are very sensitive to the lighting and even a slight turn of the head can completely change the shadows and the overall impression of the picture. At the end it just takes more time to find proper angles. Therefore most cartoons use fake lighting.
- Someone forgot to disable the background lighting from the XDDDDDRi environment map and it casted soft gradient shadows on all the object. That is why we was forced to remake most of the renders.
- Somehow few vertexes from the body were removed and some shapekeys began to look funny. But not funny-funny. That is why we had to find an old mesh before this disaster and apply to it all the new changes from the last months.
- An outline was drawn around the transparent cornea of the eye, and on some close-ups it looked ... wrong. But at least it was very easy to fix. And now all eyes have concave profile, just like in anime.

• Love
Reactions: Loqic

snowsquirrel

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Being unpopular has its perks - I can do whatever I want and nobody will complain.
So I improved the armature. The old one was good, but required a lot of unnecessary clicking to change a pose.
I added few new bones... Not that bone you perv! I added few new bones to use them as controllers and got this.
This is the ideal female skeleton. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
skeleton.png

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
So is the game lesbian focused or there is some straight content too ?

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
snowsquirrel Okay, I'll bite. The hell is inverse kinematic? Backwards gifs? And, more importantly, what makes it proper?
Also, I wouldn't mind hearing a reply to the question jowishg just asked.

snowsquirrel

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
So is the game lesbian focused or there is some straight content too ?
All the main characters will be women, so all interactions are lesbian focused. I have several ideas for adding episodic male characters, but this has very low priority and will not happen soon.

The hell is inverse kinematic?
Reverse kinematics is a method to animate characters and create new poses. You should not worry about it if you do not make new poses and animations. This is one of many infrastructural changes that no one else will see, and I spend about half the time solving such technical problems, which I really like. But the problem is that I dont create new content in this time and such invisible improvements will not increase popularity.

creepy asf...
Just as planned...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Hey everyone do you want the games premise to be rewritten to be a nudist community camp where every girl is naked,Vote yes or no and post them in this thread.
No, just no.

I don't want the dev to rewrite their game to suit your tastes, that is utterly ridiculous. If you want a game in a nudist camp, make one instead of expecting a developer to remake their entire game for you.

Pretty sure they already told you no, they aren't going to change their mind. I don't know why you think asking here wpould change anything, that isn't how things work.

No dev would rewrite all their work like that, none.

"HEY DEV .... see all that work you've done and the story and characters you want to build .... well scrap all that for I have an idea and you should cater to me because .... reasons"

Also, I wouldn't mind hearing a reply to the question jowishg just asked.
Pretty sure it's going to be lesbian centric.

Last edited:

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
Good game infrastructure makes building good games easier. One month of getting things working better early in a project will improve the over all project *and* greatly assist you in creating more content of a greater quality later in the project. But at a certain point you do get diminishing returns - but I don't think you were at that point yet. I'll take a look at the update and see what progress you have been making.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this one progresses.

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
All the main characters will be women, so all interactions are lesbian focused. I have several ideas for adding episodic male characters, but this has very low priority and will not happen soon.

Reverse kinematics is a method to animate characters and create new poses. You should not worry about it if you do not make new poses and animations. This is one of many infrastructural changes that no one else will see, and I spend about half the time solving such technical problems, which I really like. But the problem is that I dont create new content in this time and such invisible improvements will not increase popularity.

Just as planned...
Ah too bad, thx for the reply though (y)

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
I liked the new scene and the animation. I couldn't really tell about the re-rendered stuff - it all seems the same as I remember it. The bunkbed that changed heights is fixed, but I couldn't find anything else that obviously changed. I'd say this is a pretty good update all in all. Keep up the great work.

maverih345456

Feb 27, 2018
No, just no.

I don't want the dev to rewrite their game to suit your tastes, that is utterly ridiculous. If you want a game in a nudist camp, make one instead of expecting a developer to remake their entire game for you.

Pretty sure they already told you no, they aren't going to change their mind. I don't know why you think asking here wpould change anything, that isn't how things work.
Good point I wonder if there is one who would make a visual novel game that takes place in a nudist camp with a female protagonist

Pretty sure it's going to be lesbian centric.
True

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Weird game, funny game, but quite nice, i like it :D

snowsquirrel

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
it all seems the same
I meant that I redid the renders only in this update, old pictures are the same (expect the one with the bunkbed). But I recently bought a Pixar supercomputer for only $99999.99 so rendering is not a problem.

As for the old pictures - they look terrible. Everything in the first episode is terrible. Someday I will redo the intro. Maybe.

• Haha
Reactions: Shane2

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
A very good start! Very humorous in the situations and the dialogue. I appreciate the models have more realistic bodies than cartoonish dimensions. The animation is very well-done too.

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Nice. A few grammar and spelling mistakes. "sent" instead of "sended". For example. "boose" is "booze".

TRANT

Aug 22, 2017
The artstyle reminds me of the first works by pendulo studios and the "runaway" adventure games.

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes