4.70 star(s) 271 Votes

NL1955

Nov 19, 2021

Hello, everyone!

This week we continued work on fixes, focusing on little annoyances and artifacts that are left behind from rendering. We've learned a lot when it comes to the rendering process and how to prevent mistakes, but sometimes weird stuff just happens... like this square:

How did it happen? We don't know, since it didn't appear again when re-rendering! But it's a good example of what render mistakes are generally like, and how fixing them is easy (although it can be a little bit tedious).

We also continued coding, adding in more of the finished scenes and setting everything up for the SFX work to begin next. Some set design was also done, enhancing some of the remaining work-in-progress scenes.

Progress

Each day we get closer and closer to the release! And if you want a small indication of when the chapter will be ready, you can always look at the status header at the top of this post. It's just a general approximation so take it with a scoop of salt. But one thing is for certain: when the bar is fully colored in, we will post guaranteed release dates.

Other news

May's special poll has ended, and the winner is Bree!

And if you happened to miss Eve's April special, .

Cheers!

Robison & Npx
OMldyij.gif

Don Flamingo

Feb 21, 2023
As far back as I remember, the developers said they were going to work on a full-time game in the summer. A month ago there was a 75% progression. It's very strange to have only a 5% progression in a full month.
Not so strange if update is extra big though.

Don Flamingo

Feb 21, 2023
Finland you say? something something perkele
This is scene from 'Summer Heat' sequel 'Winter Chill'

The wendigos attack your class while making Smores! What do you do?

A. Scream like little girl
B. Help Eve, Miller and Mike battle and destroy evil wendigo interlopers
C. Rush Mia to safe place and keep her warm till danger is no more

GO!

IMG_20230519_181102.jpg

I see this I think, 'This girl loves showing off how her boobs are so HOT she can fry burgers on them' :LOL::p

BOOB PUNISHER

May 18, 2023
This is scene from 'Summer Heat' sequel 'Winter Chill'

The wendigos attack your class while making Smores! What do you do?

A. Scream like little girl
B. Help Eve, Miller and Mike battle and destroy evil wendigo interlopers
C. Rush Mia to safe place and keep her warm till danger is no more

GO!
There's also plan D, throw Helen at them & while they're choking on her everyone else gets the fuck outta there.

View attachment 2655379

I see this I think, 'This girl loves showing off how her boobs are so HOT she can fry burgers on them' :LOL::p
McD's could save a lot of money frying burgers on hot girl's tits. Would see a huge boost in walk in business too I wager. Someone should write the head office.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I doubt it. Probably the same length as the previous ones. I noticed most devs are taking longer with the same output.
nah, it should be (at least) double in size.
they have stated it is taking longer because this incoming episode will be twice "bigger" than previous ones.
when it comes we shall se if that is true or not, till that benefit of the doubt would be in order.

it is almost 7 months of developing now and it will take another month almost surely.
those 8 months per episode is a badik schedule, and we all are hoping for some "badik episode/conten"...though that probably wont happen.:HideThePain:

Artein

Jul 5, 2017
Last update was 6 months ago (technically 6.5 and it was also 0.4.1, so not a big one, but let's keep things optimistic). If 80% is done, it means that 20% is left (obviously). Then if 6 months is 80%, then 20% is 1.5 months. That means July, possibly even August.

Buki

May 6, 2017
nah, it should be (at least) double in size.
they have stated it is taking longer because this incoming episode will be twice "bigger" than previous ones.
when it comes we shall se if that is true or not, till that benefit of the doubt would be in order.

it is almost 7 months of developing now and it will take another month almost surely.
those 8 months per episode is a badik schedule, and we all are hoping for some "badik episode/conten"...though that probably wont happen.:HideThePain:
Only a badik developer has an arsenal of many high-performance PCs that render 24/7, post-processing is done automatically by scripts written by him. Not to mention the vast experience in all aspects of game development.

Reactions: Don Flamingo

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Only a badik developer has an arsenal of many high-performance PCs that render 24/7, post-processing is done automatically by scripts written by him. Not to mention the vast experience in all aspects of game development.
dont you sayo_O
he has all of that and still he works alone and pushes only one update per year (more or less)?
and ss developer has something similar most probably....and few other high-tiers devs as well.
quite unexpectedly:unsure:

i thought about putting "p.s." in my previous post, just for those who would instantly reply with "but, but, dpc has a huge support, resources, a vast experience etc", yet i was kinda lazy to do so..i shouldve known better:HideThePain:

the main point would be - the more support/resources devs have/acquire the stronger their tendency to prolong development as much as possible becomes...no more, no less, based on the sample of games im interested in/playing ofc.

and for further clarification - if you are invested much in this game, dont hold your hopes too high regarding its future development;)

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
dont you sayo_O
he has all of that and still he works alone and pushes only one update per year (more or less)?
and ss developer has something similar most probably....and few other high-tiers devs as well.
quite unexpectedly:unsure:

i thought about putting "p.s." in my previous post, just for those who would instantly reply with "but, but, dpc has a huge support, resources, a vast experience etc", yet i was kinda lazy to do so..i shouldve known better:HideThePain:

the main point would be - the more support/resources devs have/acquire the stronger their tendency to prolong development as much as possible becomes...no more, no less, based on the sample of games im interested in/playing ofc.

and for further clarification - if you are invested much in this game, dont hold your hopes too high regarding its future development;)
Tbf DPC updates are huge. The dude can be releasing monthly updates 300-500 renders but he prefer to deliver big chunks of content. Also while some devs are prone to milking others are reliable like a clockwork; Lust Academy, Projekt Passion, DanielsK, and so on. It's easy to spot a milker once you have been around for some time.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Tbf DPC updates are huge. The dude can be releasing monthly updates 300-500 renders but he prefer to deliver big chunks of content. Also while some devs are prone to milking others are reliable like a clockwork; Lust Academy, Projekt Passion, DanielsK, and so on. It's easy to spot a milker once you have been around for some time.
Yeah, though those "reliable like a clockwork" are usually small-time developers (taking about games im playing, so no nlt, corrupted kingdoms and similar stuff), and there are more of them than just those few ofc.

What worries me though is that general trend of development cycles becoming longer and longer, regardless of support, resources or actual update sizes.
For example, mentioned dpc with his resources could afford proper developing team, and putting the same huge updates every two months instead one per year or so. Yet he isnt doing that ofc. Inceton team pushes 2000-3000 renders monthly, yet they arent releasing monthly updates because they are working on multiple projects at the same time. And so on.

Another "trendy" things are reworks, a thing that could happen anytime and in any game stage. Hopefully that wont happen here, just yet. Im too gloomy here, so im gonna stop now. When the update come we shall see how justified the prolonged cycle was or wasnt...And with future updates we shall see soon enough if this game has some proper future, or it will become just another, well, milking or abandoned project...

4.70 star(s) 271 Votes