4.70 star(s) 271 Votes

SamOldSnake

Dec 31, 2022
View attachment 2664902

"Let's play! Do you need my help getting up?"

Honestly, Bree have the best monthly renders
When Bree apears I'm always UP and Ready! By the way, if you like Bree just as much as I do, now you have great opportunity to show your love and support to her vote for Bree!

MagLev

Oct 1, 2017
Well I don't see milking (yet). They have around 620 patreons meaning they earn roughly 2k (before taxes, in finland 30%-34%). And since they are two: split it.

I don't know, it's going to be hard to live with that amount of money where I live :D
Going by their stated intention of going full time this summer, I assume they kept the patreon money to build up a nest egg, and are hoping that after the next couple of releases their numbers will have grown to be enough to live on comfortably.

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
You should definitely hop into the VN making scene and show all these devs how to do it the right way.
some people have no clue what it takes. The cost of the hardware, then daz assets and add ons, and of course photo shop, and the list goes on... it probably takes dev's a while to turn a real profit especially anything substantial. But yeah hurry up and crank out those updates... lol

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
great start, but now it looks like like another milking project which make 5 min gameplay for 1 year update :) sad
Very true. It's too bad because the game got mad potential and it's probably never going to be completed.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I doubt it. Probably the same length as the previous ones. I noticed most devs are taking longer with the same output.
Yea "bigger" always becomes such a subjective word. Doesn't really matter if there's more renders or this or that if the playtime is pretty much about the same as versions with half the amount of renders.

Reminds me of those marketing ploys I'd always see in commercials as a kid. "Up to 50% off!" Which could literally mean 1% off and at the very most 50% and it's going to be the shittiest product they have.

It's not exactly the same since at the end of the day, those devs are in fact producing more content but I find people hype it up too much and they always equate "bigger" to "more playtime". My answer to that is: not exactly. ESPECIALLY, if it's just a giant-ass free roam. I mean yea sure man, it did take me an hour to finish playing through it but half the time was spent just clicking around. The story didn't move forward much and now we're looking at another 6+ months with endless hype about all the "cool new whizbangs and fireworks! :geek:" in this upcoming version that doesn't really add much substance and just looks nice. "Oh yay cool, sex scenes in zero-g gravity and everything's spinning around. More meaningless flavor text to give us the illusion choice but ultimately being steamrolled by the overarching plot and the characters involved ... hooray."

I don't think Summer Heat is at that point yet where it'll have disappointed me immeasurably and I'm not going to deny the hard work devs put in by saying it's the same output. There's definitely MORE but it's usually not anything substantial and I've noticed that once dev time goes past 6 months, it's hit that plateau within the law of diminishing marginal returns. While it may not necessarily be the same output, the player experience will be about the same as if they had waited for 6 months.

There will definitely be little details/easter eggs here and there that you'll enjoy if you're incredibly observant or play it 100 times but shit, if the update itself isn't really all that enjoyable the first time through how the hell would you expect people to play it enough times to notice those things? I really like devs who put in those little details but at some point, it's just fucking overkill and you're sacrificing what made the game compelling in the first place for those little things.

Last edited:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Yea "bigger" always becomes such a subjective word. Doesn't really matter if there's more renders or this or that if the playtime is pretty much about the same as versions with half the amount of renders.
Well, if you hold CTRL all the time, then it doesn't matter if it's 200 render or 2000 render, does it?. :LOL:
those who complain about the development time are belong to this category usually.:whistle::p:LOL:
But we talking about visual novel, what you think How else the play time would be bigger other than, with more render and animations and more word to read, under the said renders. ?! :LOL:

Whether it's movie or tv show, or music, or any other video game, its always take longer to craft them, than for individual to finish it.

MagLev

Oct 1, 2017
Can you blame them though? Those guys make the same amount of money whether the update is each month, 6 months, year and surely even more. No reason for them to go faster.
That's legitimately false. It can be true for the biggest games/devs who already rake in tens of thousands, because they have little room to grow. But for projects that are still quite young, faster releases of the same quality have always led to a faster increase of patreon revenue. They'd have a lot to gain from more rapid releases. But they're 2 rookie devs and have set high quality standards for the project, and quality takes time. Also takes resources (they only recently were able to move to what I'd deem a half-decent GPU for this kind of workload).

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018

Howdy, everyone!

Progress has been smooth this week. The animations are looking good and are waiting to be rendered out. We'll be rendering the animation frames last when everything else is ready so that we can focus on testing and polishing meanwhile.

We also did a lot of coding and SFX, and some tinkering with textures. There are a couple of larger scenes remaining that will take a lot of time and effort to create, but they will be very... well, intimate. There will be opportunities to take your relationships with some of the girls to the next level—or to completely break someone's heart.

Other news

May's special render featuring Bree was posted earlier this week. If you happened to miss her,

There will also be a preview of CH05 this weekend, and as we said previously, the girls next in line for previews are Eve and Mia. We'll leave it up for you to decide this time! Who would you like to see first?

Cheers,

Robison & Npx

4.70 star(s) 271 Votes