4.70 star(s) 273 Votes

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
If I wanted to wait multiple years for a proper sex scene, I'd just build a time machine and re-live high school.
Be patient, your wish will come true. Some game's development takes longer than other games. For example, some games have more supportive patrons than others, and a stronger team of artists and coders. The more support a game musters, the higher chances the update will be released. Some games can take 1-2 years to finalize, whereas some other games can take just months. All depends on the game's patron support and the development team of the game.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Be patient, your wish will come true. Some game's development takes longer than other games. For example, some games have more supportive patrons than others, and a stronger team of artists and coders. The more support a game musters, the higher chances the update will be released. Some games can take 1-2 years to finalize, whereas some other games can take just months. All depends on the game's patron support and the development team of the game.
there is no summer update, yet there are some really sweet summer children around :KEK:

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018

Hello, everyone!

Status update #41 coming up! This week we've been hitting the remaining content hard. Mainly renders, but also a couple of animations. Not much remains when looking at the screenplay, and the biggest task soon is rendering everything out. Including, of course, all the animations. Last weekend we did some playtesting and made some editing decisions. We decided to cut a couple of planned animations as they were not necessary. This saves us some rendering time, which will be reallocated to other, more important animations. The kind people play for.

Looking back on the chapter and its content, it's one big ass update... It will effectively double the size of the game in one release. Speaking of chapters, future updates will no longer be called "chapters". There are many reasons for this and they are all over the place, but you can expect the updates to be called 0.6, 0.7, 0.8 etc. in the future instead. For the time being, we will still be referring to CH05 as CH05 instead of 0.5.

We also did quite a bit of editing and scripting this week, including some Ember and phone content for future cha... updates. Additionally, we are toying with the idea of an Android version. There are some issues regarding Android which is why we haven't released one so far (mainly relating to the in-game phone), but if we could solve those issues it would be a great thing to offer to people without computers. This is not a promise nor a very high priority, but the thought is there.

What else...? Coding, SFX, and plenty of morphs were created as well. We also did a round of fixing on some finished renders and some post-processing.

All in all, it was a good week.

Cheers!

Robison & Npx

oohhh

Mar 29, 2022

Hello, everyone!

Status update #41 coming up! This week we've been hitting the remaining content hard. Mainly renders, but also a couple of animations. Not much remains when looking at the screenplay, and the biggest task soon is rendering everything out. Including, of course, all the animations. Last weekend we did some playtesting and made some editing decisions. We decided to cut a couple of planned animations as they were not necessary. This saves us some rendering time, which will be reallocated to other, more important animations. The kind people play for.

Looking back on the chapter and its content, it's one big ass update... It will effectively double the size of the game in one release. Speaking of chapters, future updates will no longer be called "chapters". There are many reasons for this and they are all over the place, but you can expect the updates to be called 0.6, 0.7, 0.8 etc. in the future instead. For the time being, we will still be referring to CH05 as CH05 instead of 0.5.

We also did quite a bit of editing and scripting this week, including some Ember and phone content for future cha... updates. Additionally, we are toying with the idea of an Android version. There are some issues regarding Android which is why we haven't released one so far (mainly relating to the in-game phone), but if we could solve those issues it would be a great thing to offer to people without computers. This is not a promise nor a very high priority, but the thought is there.

What else...? Coding, SFX, and plenty of morphs were created as well. We also did a round of fixing on some finished renders and some post-processing.

Cheers!

Robison & Npx

expecting the game release by sept/oct end then

Reactions: Nacht13 and VOYEUR

pantypriv

Oct 9, 2021
Speaking of chapters, future updates will no longer be called "chapters". There are many reasons for this and they are all over the place, but you can expect the updates to be called 0.6, 0.7, 0.8 etc. in the future instead. For the time being, we will still be referring to CH05 as CH05 instead of 0.5.
Hmmm...This seems to indicate that future updates will be shorter than the previous ones, possibly due to this one getting quite (a bit too?) large?
Mixed feelings about this, as I prefer quality over quantity, but as long as updates in the future won't be tiny tiny, OK.
Most of are used to updates being named 0.5, 0.11 etc etc anyway.

FullyAnimated

Jul 17, 2019
Hmmm...This seems to indicate that future updates will be shorter than the previous ones, possibly due to this one getting quite (a bit too?) large?
Mixed feelings about this, as I prefer quality over quantity,
Same but when updates start pushing past 6 months, the momentum of the game diminishes. Unless, it's a massive annual update like Being A Dik does but this update only covers a short period of time so there won't be much progress.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I agree with you but normally what slow burn means is that nothing will happen for far too long and then, suddenly, sex followed by the story just kind of ending. It also makes the progression commonly predictable, so for the veteran VN player more tedious.
For sure. From what I've seen, it's not usually the slow burns that make the characters and romantic aspect of it seem better. What 100% works is when a dev does a good job at building up tension, mutual interest, and clear motive. It can still take a few updates but overall takes relatively less time than a typical "slow burn" and can only be done if the writing is good. It escalates things to get "hotter and hotter" while maintaining the player's interest instead of "nothing happens, nothing happens, CLIMAX!, boom we're done".

I want to say Summer Heat is the former. Just look at Sophie. You could cut the sexual tension that character brings to each scene with a knife. If anything, the glacial timeline progression itself is what makes it feel like a slow burn. Not even day 2 and you've got Bree rushing off to the bathroom for some "me time". Yea, I think there's going to be a good back and forth between the characters. There's clear desire and clear action. It provides context to the player for why a scene might happen instead of just throwing at you but also lays the groundwork for if something happens sooner than you might expect.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017

Hello, everyone!

Cheers!

Robison & Npx
Considering this post of mine
(...)
TBH, those messages are something I would remove from the game since they don't really serve any purpose. I would also remove any reference to "chapter" and would stick to calling the updates v.0.4, 0.5 or whatever the number.
I fully endorse the decision to shift from the so-called chapters to v.0.X. It will be more faithful to the game's characteristics.

Kronicza7x

Aug 9, 2018
With the update changes.. does that mean the updates will be shorter again? Instead of doing chapters, just cutting episodes into parts?

Reactions: hawk784563

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
With the update changes.. does that mean the updates will be shorter again? Instead of doing chapters, just cutting episodes into parts?
Idk about the future but usually after updates that take so long, when the dev says he's gonna try to speed things up next, what you get is less content and almost the same development time.
I hope I'm wrong but I have seen this pattern before.

Last edited:

Kronicza7x

Aug 9, 2018
Only time will tell. I give the benefit of the doubt that we will return to the 3-4 month release window, but with less "consistent" updates or maybe more "certain path only" updates
If they created enough content then I would hope they'd go back to shorter updates or certain path only. They'll probably take a break after this update because 3000+ renders is a lot. I'm cool with 1000 or less.

Reactions: Northpx

Kronicza7x

Aug 9, 2018
Idk about the future but usually after updates that take so long, when the dev says he's gonna try to speed things up next, what you get is less content and almost the same development time.
I hope I'm wrong but I have seen this pattern before.
It's understandable though, everyone needs a break. I just hope they will go back back to shorter updates. It keeps the fans happy and they will gain new fans faster.

• Haha
Reactions: Northpx and Abhai
4.70 star(s) 273 Votes