4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think there are no sex scenes in this path. So, why choosing it?
To see the plot from another perspective. Kinda like watching a train crash in slow-mo. Morbidly fascinating. Especially knowing about Mr Castle.
Plus if you play the Asshole path till day 4, during the night leading to day 5 you can branch to "moronic hero" path, which has an actually rather sweet moment.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Are there any negative consequences on the love/love or love/sub path to beating the shit out the guy in the coffee shop?

In reality I would probably have seen red and gone ape shit on the guy if I suspected he tried to drug and rape my sister.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
To see the plot from another perspective. Kinda like watching a train crash in slow-mo. Morbidly fascinating. Especially knowing about Mr Castle.
Plus if you play the Asshole path till day 4, during the night leading to day 5 you can branch to "moronic hero" path, which has an actually rather sweet moment.
That's what I did. I reconciled and I went for Kelly.

D

Deleted member 3087768

I'm getting tired with the threats and the "kind bits of advice" that strangely look like lessons in ethics and morality. Some have been very civils and some haven't. I'm tired of it anyway.
I'm not going to censor myself or my game. I'll make sure that the player is warned before the start of the game but I won't go further.

If you don't like it: don't play it.
If you feel triggered or offended by the content: don't play it.
If you can't overcome failure: don't play it.

I'm not going to change the content because of some who can't take it.

The next release will come with a warning on the splash screen and another one at the start of the game.
The player will be warned.

Now, thank you all for your generous help and guidance on that matter.
Don't sweat it man, you've done an excelent job in the game. A warning should be enough, if anyone complains after that, it's their problem and no one else's.

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
Wow! I finally got around to playing the latest update. What can I even say? I played as a dick and ended up with some brutal and unexpected consequences. Very nice. I love it! You have taken this so far from the norm that I was caught completely off guard, Captain my Naughty Captain. Kudos for that. I love that in books and films. Why not in my VNs as well.

Guess I'm back to working on a save for all occasions. Have I mentioned that I think this project is brilliant? I hope I didn't leave that out.

Hints and threats? Meh. My only threat would be that I would like to kick your ass if you don't keep making this amazing game. I am pretty lazy and will not follow through with that threat and might not even be able to. So, please continue you as you are.

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
If we're to assume that Eve tells Cassie what he said when they're talking things out on Day 5, then it's hard to see how him saying, "But I think we should simply tell her", is a worse response than, "This morning was very difficult to handle". Both responses would seem to indicate that he doesn't like going behind Cassie's back and the first one even makes it clear that he wants to tell her, so why would that first response be enough to send her on a downward spiral and lead to the bad ending? I honestly don't think it makes any sense.
I agree that giving the second response here is counterintuitive. But, it's only required if you don't give the "I don't accept it" response at the end of day 4. And, talking to Cassie instead of messing around with her on day 4 is supposed to be required, in order for the good ending to be possible (it's a bug that it's not right now.) Which means you'd always get the option of giving the "I don't accept it" response. And, in that dialog, it does seem to be the better response if you want both of them. So, from a gameplay perspective, there is a clearer route available.

As for the "does it make sense" perspective, I think you're looking at it from the wrong angle. Requiring one of these 2 responses aren't about how they make Cassie feel, but how they make the MC feel. They're required in order to get the "I choose neither" option. They establish that the MC does not want to choose one over the other, he'd rather be the one to suffer in order for Eve and Cassie to stay together.

In the first case, the conversation for "simply tell her" implies that you're doing that in order to end things with Cassie and continue with Eve. The one for "difficult to handle", she suggests choosing Cassie and MC says "fuck it, I'd choose neither before that". Basically, in both conversations, the first choice is the MC saying "I'll choose you and Cassie will handle it" and the second is "if you don't let me choose you, I'll choose neither and be the one that's alone."

And, telling Cassie you'd rather choose neither, to hurt Eve and her less, is what leads her to the conclusion that that still wouldn't work, everyone would end up hating everyone, and there's only one better solution. Because MC never says he wants both, he doesn't even consider it a possibility, that's all Cassie's idea.

Edit: note, I do think the gameplay side of getting the good ending is still a tiny bit tough, like there's no clear indicator that anything you did was massively wrong or would lead to such a drastically different result. I am not easily emotionally disturbed so it didn't bother me, but I understand it could bother some. My only idea for solving that would be, at the start of day 5, if you're doomed to the bad ending, get a trigger warning screen saying "play on at your own risk or go back and try to fix things if you don't wanna see it." But, well, Bioshock didn't give you any warning before your character beat an old man to death in first person, nor did Dragon Age Origins before any of the multiple things there, so telling people to suck it up it's a game and sometimes they'll shock you is also a valid response in my opinion.

Last edited:

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
The guy have been getting fucking death threats over a game ending! No wonder he's sick of people bitching about it even those that remain civil. Give him a break.
If he received death treats here, let's forget about the law, i think there're rules to ban those who throw death threats to dev and members of this site, so he just need to complain about it to the administrator of this site, IF the threats didn't come from here, then why complain about it here.

Gamers are like patron, treat your patron well and you get more of them, treat them bad and they leave you, so he need to tell those people to buzz off and those who are civilised and well mannered, he sould be more "civilised" to them.
He doesn't need to like what he read, when it is civilised, but at less he sould listen to those peoples who play his game, after all, we're a good source of feed back and info that he might use on a next game, don't you think so ?

Reactions: (never)mindthegap

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
If he received death treats here, let's forget about the law, i think there're rules to ban those who throw death threats to dev and members of this site, so he just need to complain about it to the administrator of this site, IF the threats didn't come from here, then why complain about it here.

Gamers are like patron, treat your patron well and you get more of them, treat them bad and they leave you, so he need to tell those people to buzz off and those who are civilised and well mannered, he sould be more "civilised" to them.
He doesn't need to like what he read, when it is civilised, but at less he sould listen to those peoples who play his game, after all, we're a good source of feed back and info that he might use on a next game, don't you think so ?
I agree we can be good source of feedback but when people keep whining about the bad ending at some point I think he gets it, no need to add wood into the fire. He listened to the feedback and added a warning at the start of the game in 0.5.1 (This game is not for the faint of heart. You have been warned). I think he always kept things civil, saying that he's tired of hearing about this is understandable and not insulting in any way.
There are also been bad feedback in my opinion, people saying it was uncalled for and unpredictable didn't pay attention, you learn of your sister almost getting drug raped in the first few minutes of playing, you know the twins are still buzzing aroung and a threat so the moment Cassie walked out of the house I had a bad feeling. Though tragic this ending make sense, we all have been cuddled by harem games where you stick your dick everywhere without consequence so it's nice to see a game taking cheating seriously once in a while.
Sorry for the long post, it had been bubbling up for a few days and I had to vent.

cbsx

May 4, 2020
Who was the dev speaking to in that post? The civilized or the uncivilized? I am quite certain they know who they are. I am quite certain you and I have no idea.

Is the dev is not taking feedback? :unsure: We know that is not the issue. The dev is obviously reading the feedback and responding. Responding publicly, here, to the 'feedback' that isn't feedback at all, but rather demands for the dev change the artistic choices made in the dev's own project to suit those demands, some even apparently backed by threats.

Wouldn't the "adult" and "mature" thing to do as a player be to consider the viewpoint/perspective of the developer and just keep playing?

Maybe stop playing and delete the game, perhaps making a note that you don't like the routes this developer creates. Thanks, but no thanks, not made for me. o_O Then leave reasonable feedback here about what made it difficult to handle, using spoiler tags and such, allowing the developer to read it and understand the player's perspective. The player can then appreciate the time and effort made by the developer and move on and find a game more inline with one's desired outcomes?

Oh ho ho... that last one is risky though... one may have to expose themselves to yet another arbitrary set of moral and ethical standards that may not align with their own.

However, what you are writing here is exactly the 'friendly' advice on morality and ethics the dev was talking about. :) And you made the comment knowing that he explicitly said he didn't care. So what is the goal here?

Last edited:

enfurnoh

Aug 18, 2020
Ahhhhh... I didn't try that. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: patachoucs

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
Hate route made me feel like an asshole.

I went back to the main menu when the game started to go the whole mile and I was like "No, I can't do this. This is way too mean to me."

Yeah, I backed out and tried the love / love path. Felt right.

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Try the love/ love path but the "bad ending" is too heart breaking damn, can you be on love path with both girls and it not get the "bad ending". i don't want to cry when i should be nutting.

Reactions: MasterMerp

Droftaw

May 27, 2017
Try the love/ love path but the "bad ending" is too heart breaking damn, can you be on love path with both girls and it not get the "bad ending". i don't want to cry when i should be nutting.
there is a good route path for the Love/Love path, it doesnt have to end in tears

Need to have 70 Love points for both before the friend catches you in the Morning
Speak to Cassie in the Lingerie store instead of Eve
then, the following day, either while at Cassie's place or at night, you have to tell Eve that you can choose none.
first option is at Cassie's place
"This morning was very difficult to handle."
The second option is at night, in Eve's bedroom
"I don’t accept it."
You need just one of those two.
That same night, while with Cassie, talk with her instead of kissing her
then on the morning, while in her room you have to tell her : "I will tell you everything / I would choose no-one / Apologize

4.20 star(s) 142 Votes