4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Interesting, I was just following the walkthrough as the game seemed quite complicated with regards to its routes and didn't test anything. It stated kissing her then disappointing her with a lie was mandatory :(
Trust us, it is not necessary, on the contrary, that kiss opens the door for the throuple, not for any lonely path.

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
the walkthrough was written by a sperg with a hangup about that particular scene such that he, by his own admission, refuses to write eve's solo path properly.

https://f95zone.to/threads/summer-scent-v0-5-5-the-naughty-captain.38131/page-133#post-5637773
Oh so he included the kiss because it doesn't break the route and is an extra scene. I mean ok but I'm pretty sure that's not what people trying to play a solo path were looking for. Why not just say it was optional and would open up a small extra scene instead of saying it was mandatory. I mean I get wanting the extra kissing scene with Eve, but if getting it involves another girl and isn't mandatory... The whole situation felt really awkward honestly.

Reactions: duningtwo

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Oh so he included the kiss because it doesn't break the route and is an extra scene. I mean ok but I'm pretty sure that's not what people trying to play a solo path were looking for. Why not just say it was optional and would open up a small extra scene instead of saying it was mandatory. I mean I get wanting the extra kissing scene with Eve, but if getting it involves another girl and isn't mandatory... The whole situation felt really awkward honestly.
No, he included it because he didn't know and likes the scene. If you go down that road you are "mocking" Cassie, nothing good can come out of a road like that.

Reactions: duningtwo

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
If you go down that road you are "mocking" Cassie, nothing good can come out of a road like that.
I agree, I didn't like 'having' to do it. It might be a game but it still feels bad to play with a girl's heart like that.
It makes a lot more sense that you don't have to though, with all the routes in the game it was kind of weird that in order to not get involved with her you had to first get involved with her.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I agree, I didn't like 'having' to do it. It might be a game but it still feels bad to play with a girl's heart like that.
It makes a lot more sense that you don't have to though, with all the routes in the game it was kind of weird that in order to not get involved with her you had to first get involved with her.
Exactly. And more so in this VN, where the more routes you play the more you find out about the characters, it wouldn't make any sense to include something like that kiss to Cassie in the solo path with Eve.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
the walkthrough was written by a sperg with a hangup about that particular scene such that he, by his own admission, refuses to write eve's solo path properly.

https://f95zone.to/threads/summer-scent-v0-5-5-the-naughty-captain.38131/page-133#post-5637773
The WT is more than likely to have mistakes or omissions, but that guy made a 50-page WT just for the sake of it while lots of people complained about how hard it was to get the path they wanted and how cool it would be to have a WT.
I know he was pig-headed about that kiss scene, but in any case he deserves appreciation, not being called a "sperg."
Just point out the mistakes (as you did back then) and let's wait until he fixes whatever needs to be fixed.

Darkness65

Jun 6, 2018
The WT is more than likely to have mistakes or omissions, but that guy made a 50-page WT just for the sake of it while lots of people complained about how hard it was to get the path they wanted and how cool it would be to have a WT.
I know he was pig-headed about that kiss scene, but in any case he deserves appreciation, not being called a "sperg."
Just point out the mistakes (as you did back then) and let's wait until he fixes whatever needs to be fixed.
I agree. That was uncalled for. It's a fan WT, and that was HIS way of getting the paths. Nobody is obliged to follow it. It has a great guide to succeed in the throuple path, by the way.

GTBALL_BALLY

Unknown User
Apr 5, 2020

I'm done with posing scene 3 and Pc-Chan spent half the week rendering non-stop to get everything done. I couldn't work on the post-processing while rendering was going on, so I switched to writing to advance on scene 4 and 5.
Scene 4 is fully written and I'm halfway through scene 5. I'm going to finish writing it before going back to scene 3 for post-processing and coding.
Scene 4 and 5 are pretty short as they contain only a couple of path each. That's why writing was pretty fast. Posing should be as simple. I have good hopes to advance pretty quickly on those two scenes.

The quick sum up :
  • Day 6 Part 1 will contain 13 scenes.
  • Scenes 1 to 4 are written, scene 5 is half-written.
  • Scene 1 to 3 are posed and rendered.
  • Scene 1 and 2 are coded.
  • 14 405 words, 1801 lines of code, 225 shots are posed, 225 are rendered.
  • 10 environments have been reworked.
  • I'm currently writing scene 5.

You can follow my progress with this

Thank you very much for your support!
The Naughty Captain

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Skipped a couple of updates is the wt finally made so you can get both and not have the bad end if you follow it?...

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Interesting, I was just following the walkthrough as the game seemed quite complicated with regards to its routes and didn't test anything. It stated kissing her then disappointing her with a lie was mandatory :(
I wrote it "that way" in order to score the more points you can get with both girls. That's what I did in every path.

You will understand why it's better this way at the end of day 5.

And this is why:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Exactly. And more so in this VN, where the more routes you play the more you find out about the characters, it wouldn't make any sense to include something like that kiss to Cassie in the solo path with Eve.
I've already answered why: I wrote every path in order to score the more points you can get with both girls even though you're pursuing a solo path.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
This is probably the highest variance in routes I've seen for a game so far, with respect to its potential that is. Bit disappointing that the walkthrough author considers the 'dual' love path to be the 'correct' one, my eyes will be set on the Eve love path (and maybe the Eve sublove path, though it's just not quite as good) all the same. Pretty good so far, but upsettingly short, which is what you get jumping in at the 0.5 mark I guess. What's there is good though, and it didn't really mess around.
Well, I think that the Eve sublove + Cassie love is as great as the dual love path. Anyway, I loved every path except the sub and the sub + dom path (yikeeeeeeeeeeesss!!:eek: :eek::eek:)

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
I wrote it "that way" in order to score the more points you can get with both girls. That's what I did in every path.

You will understand why it's better this way at the end of day 5.

And this is why:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ok but you seem to be unable to understand that a lot of people don't agree with you that this is better. I don't want to kiss the girl I'm not interested in just so I can get an additional kiss scene with the one I am. It's just a kiss scene and not worth introducing the drama you do with Cassie as a consequence. Even if there was no consequence I would prefer to not kiss her while on a solo path with a different girl.
Why would I care about scoring more points with the girl I'm not interested in (Cassie)? I get that you wrote the guide that way but it's pointless unless those points are required for the success of Eve's path. There's no harm in getting them if they don't do anything of course.
Also I don't understand why I am going to bed alone on day 5 on this path? End of content hits in Eve's bed right after the sex scene.

Well, I think that the Eve sublove + Cassie love is as great as the dual love path.
Yeah that's the thing though, it's a shame that the solo paths would not be considered as great.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I've already answered why: I wrote every path in order to score the more points you can get with both girls even though you're pursuing a solo path.
This is a mistake. And it is badly done, and leads to confusions like the one the boy who followed your "guide" had.

4.20 star(s) 142 Votes