4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Thanks, Naughty Captain, for making an excellent game. Writing, story and art are all top-notch! I really like the characters and the intimate setting makes everything more real somehow. And I really like your courage to have really bad ending when you screw up. It really is one of the best games here.

That said I have a couple of things with the story that I have thought way too much about. Congrats on making a thought-provoking game I guess. :)

Also I want to point out that these are a little nit-picky and can safely be ignored if you so choose. It is just that this is one of the few VNs with good enough story that it is worthwhile to do this kind of detailed nit-picking. :)

First thing:

I have a bit of a problem with how Jack end up in a throuple. I really don't see how Cassie would accept that after being cheated on, especially considering her fear of abandonment from boyfriends. I just don't see how Cassie will be able to fully trust Eve and Jack after being cheated on and it seems unlikely that a throuple can really work without full trust. It also feels very wrong to be rewarded for cheating on your girlfriend with getting a throuple.

Hopefully there will be a way in the future to achieve the throuple without being a cheater. Because in the end I also believe that those three really belong together.

Second thing:

This has to do with the Cassie dom path. It is likely I'm reading too much into this, but it is how I feel about it. :)

This game is big about consequences, but that does not seem to apply at all for Cassie. Her decision to initiate a dom-relationship with Jack does not seem to have any consequences for her at all even if Jack does not want that kind of relationship, they will go back to just being friends without that ever being an issue again. In addition to that Cassie is big on establishing a dom-sub-contract for this kind of relationship when talking to her in the love path. And if Eve would ever find out I don't think she would be very happy with Cassie. To be fair though, the same applies to Jack in the Eve sub paths, especially the non-love path.

The other part is I just feel that Jack is too calm and collected in the footjob scene. My view on Jack from other scenes and paths in the game is that Jack is generally someone who is quick to show his emotions, in the beginning of the game he is mostly angry, in other paths he is quick to profess his love and he quickly becomes emotional when Cassie confronts him about what she and Eve has suffered through during high school. But in this scene when he has just been rebuked and humiliated by Cassie, he just sits there without much emotion at all and the first thing he can think of is that Steve won't believe what happened. Instead I feel that he "should"be overflowing with emotions -- anger, confusion, excitement, disappointment, disgust, etc. Sure there is a short scene when he lies in bed afterward, but he quickly forgets about it. It just seems to much to just bottle up and forget about. Instead I see something like a path where Jack storms out of there and then have a long chat with Eve about what happened which leads to further consequences down the line.

Together these two points make it so that it feels like the dom path doesn't have the impact on the story I think it should have.

Jun 21, 2018
I remember that the Author was talking about redoing the earlier parts, is that still happening? Just asking because I wanted to try this game, but was waiting for this rework to go for it. If its on hold, or postponned, I'd jump right now on this game.

DemonicN

Jul 10, 2021
Can anyone add a message to the post that the game here have a Patreon version + 1 day? Took me quite a while to understand that as I was following the guide and the game stopped after day 4 instead of 5, at first I tough that I just took the wrong path so I went and did the path step by step as in the guide but I just wasted my time.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
It is the subscribestar version:

Can anyone add a message to the post that the game here have a Patreon version + 1 day? Took me quite a while to understand that as I was following the guide and the game stopped after day 4 instead of 5, at first I tough that I just took the wrong path so I went and did the path step by step as in the guide but I just wasted my time.
Latest version available to 5$ subscribers : Summer Scent V0.5.5.
It covers the story up to the end of Day 5

You can download Summer Scent 0.5.5 in the pinned post below.

DemonicN

Jul 10, 2021
It is the subscribestar version:

Latest version available to 5$ subscribers : Summer Scent V0.5.5.
It covers the story up to the end of Day 5

You can download Summer Scent 0.5.5 in the pinned post below.
Yeah Patreon have the same message but it took me some time to find it, like I said I prefer to have something like that in the post that people won't need to search, as in here it written that the game you download is 0.5.5 but shouldn't it be 0.4.1?

Ps: If I wasn't using a walkthrough I would have finished the game at day 4.

Last edited:

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

Dev Update #102

Once again, not much to say, I'm still posing scene 8. With about 180 shots posed, I still have about a hundred shots to work on for that scene alone.

I lose a lot of time meddling with Cassie's hair. The asset itself isn't bad but I'm trying to have it do things it's not supposed to and so far it's not very accommodating. That's another poorly chosen asset and an error I won't do again the next time I'll create a character.

I like to welcome every new supporter with a private message but I haven't been able to do so for the last two weeks. According to Patreon, there is a bug somewhere with my account that prevents me from sending private messages. They told me they were working on it but so far, there has been no improvement to the situation. So I want to apologize for the delay. I'll thank you properly as soon as possible.

The vote for the next bonus renders reached its end earlier this week.

The winning suggestions are :

• Kelly, Jack, Eve and Cassie playing beach volley. Classic beach volley attire is expected.
and
  • Kelly, Cassie, Kelly and Jane, having some fun in an inn. Fantasy setting.
I'll try to start working on it starting next week.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6 Part 1 will contain 10 scenes.
  • Scenes 1 to 9 are written.
  • Scenes 1 to 7 are posed and rendered. Half of scene 8 is posed and rendered.
  • Scenes 1 to 5 are coded.
  • 39908 words, 3567 lines of code, 620 shots are posed and 575 are rendered.
  • I'm currently posing scene 8.

You can follow my progress with this

Thank you very much for your support!
The Naughty Captain

realjitter

Jun 21, 2021
This might be a dumb question, but... Kelly, Jack, Eve and Cassie ?
In my game they are nameless at the beginning and i have to name them myself..am i missing something?

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
This might be a dumb question, but... Kelly, Jack, Eve and Cassie ?
In my game they are nameless at the beginning and i have to name them myself..am i missing something?
Those are the default and canon names the game uses if you don't name the characters yourself.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Thanks, Naughty Captain, for making an excellent game. Writing, story and art are all top-notch! I really like the characters and the intimate setting makes everything more real somehow. And I really like your courage to have really bad ending when you screw up. It really is one of the best games here.
Thank you for your kind words !

First thing:

I have a bit of a problem with how Jack end up in a throuple. I really don't see how Cassie would accept that after being cheated on, especially considering her fear of abandonment from boyfriends. I just don't see how Cassie will be able to fully trust Eve and Jack after being cheated on and it seems unlikely that a throuple can really work without full trust. It also feels very wrong to be rewarded for cheating on your girlfriend with getting a throuple.

Hopefully there will be a way in the future to achieve the throuple without being a cheater. Because in the end I also believe that those three really belong together.
The foundation of the throuple heavily lays in the Cassie + Eve dynamic.
Not everything has been explained so far and there's more to discover on that subject. There are also parts that I'll probably never explicit and only hint at in-game. Essentially... Cassie and Eve are closer than close. And even if both genuinely love Jack, for them, he is ultimately a way to get even closer.

About the cheating thing.
I agree. The choices that lead to the throuple are the ones that show a conflicted Jack that truly cares about both girls and is kind of lost in a situation he has no control on. He is still cheating, but at least he verbalizes his internal conflict and try not to hurt Cassie.

Second thing:

This has to do with the Cassie dom path. It is likely I'm reading too much into this, but it is how I feel about it. :)

This game is big about consequences, but that does not seem to apply at all for Cassie. Her decision to initiate a dom-relationship with Jack does not seem to have any consequences for her at all even if Jack does not want that kind of relationship, they will go back to just being friends without that ever being an issue again. In addition to that Cassie is big on establishing a dom-sub-contract for this kind of relationship when talking to her in the love path. And if Eve would ever find out I don't think she would be very happy with Cassie. To be fair though, the same applies to Jack in the Eve sub paths, especially the non-love path.

The other part is I just feel that Jack is too calm and collected in the footjob scene. My view on Jack from other scenes and paths in the game is that Jack is generally someone who is quick to show his emotions, in the beginning of the game he is mostly angry, in other paths he is quick to profess his love and he quickly becomes emotional when Cassie confronts him about what she and Eve has suffered through during high school. But in this scene when he has just been rebuked and humiliated by Cassie, he just sits there without much emotion at all and the first thing he can think of is that Steve won't believe what happened. Instead I feel that he "should"be overflowing with emotions -- anger, confusion, excitement, disappointment, disgust, etc. Sure there is a short scene when he lies in bed afterward, but he quickly forgets about it. It just seems to much to just bottle up and forget about. Instead I see something like a path where Jack storms out of there and then have a long chat with Eve about what happened which leads to further consequences down the line.

Together these two points make it so that it feels like the dom path doesn't have the impact on the story I think it should have.

If you have played all the dom paths available in v0.5, you know that Cassie isn't a real dom. She merely tries to reproduce the things she saw.
She doesn't even really want it and she is ashamed of it. She didn't talk with Eve about her contract with Jack and she has no desire to have that discussion with her.
In the lingerie shop, Cassie tells Jack that he is on a trial period. But the truth is that she also is. The entire dom thing is. It's a test for herself to see if she can do it or not, how does it feel, and will she like it?
For her, the dom path is a secret and she wants to keep it that way, at least for now.

And that's also true for Jack. He has no desire for anyone to know that he takes it in the ass.

About Eve sub paths. That is also true. Things may change for the sublove path where their relationship is kind of normalizing into a more streamlined love relationship. But in the hard path, he clearly is taking advantage of Eve, He knows it, and he has no desire for anyone to learn about it.

I'll have to look into that footjob scene. This scene along with some others may need some rework. there are a lot of parts I'm not completely satisfied with. I'll have to find some time to edit them.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
You have to excuse my ramblings below. I just have a hard time pinpointing exactly what it is that bothers me. I just find it interesting to explore the characters and their motivations. And very few VNs have depth enough to its characters that it is meaningful to have such discussion in the first place.

Not everything has been explained so far and there's more to discover on that subject. There are also parts that I'll probably never explicit and only hint at in-game. Essentially... Cassie and Eve are closer than close. And even if both genuinely love Jack, for them, he is ultimately a way to get even closer.

I agree. The choices that lead to the throuple are the ones that show a conflicted Jack that truly cares about both girls and is kind of lost in a situation he has no control on. He is still cheating, but at least he verbalizes his internal conflict and try not to hurt Cassie.

Yeah, it is fairly clear by now that the Cassie + Eve relationship essentially is the basis of the game and Jack, Kelly, Jane and the crazy twins are the external stimuli poking at that relationship.

From how I read the game I see it as Cassie being more betrayed by Eve than by Jack, mainly because the way she has been taught that guys are fickle and likely to abandon a girl. So the issue for the trouple is that her love for Eve (and for Jack) needs to overwin the feelings of betrayal.

But the way I see it the feelings of betrayal hasn't gone away and the foundation of the throuple is on extremely shaky ground and any mistake, however slight, has the potential to make the relationships explode spectaularly. But I guess that remains to see in coming in-game days. :)

The other part is that I find it a little frustrating is that there is never a follow up to the talk in the clothes shop between Jack and Cassie, where they talk about Eves feelings for Jack. I think this would be a natural point to try to help convince Eve that talking to Cassie may not be that bad. Or for Jack to talk about with Cassie directly. As it is now Eve and Jack too quickly fall into the trap that there are only two solutions: either to permanently hide the relationship or to premanently suppress it.

If you have played all the dom paths available in v0.5, you know that Cassie isn't a real dom. She merely tries to reproduce the things she saw.
She doesn't even really want it and she is ashamed of it. She didn't talk with Eve about her contract with Jack and she has no desire to have that discussion with her.
In the lingerie shop, Cassie tells Jack that he is on a trial period. But the truth is that she also is. The entire dom thing is. It's a test for herself to see if she can do it or not, how does it feel, and will she like it?
For her, the dom path is a secret and she wants to keep it that way, at least for now.

And that's also true for Jack. He has no desire for anyone to know that he takes it in the ass.

About Eve sub paths. That is also true. Things may change for the sublove path where their relationship is kind of normalizing into a more streamlined love relationship. But in the hard path, he clearly is taking advantage of Eve, He knows it, and he has no desire for anyone to learn about it.

I'll have to look into that footjob scene. This scene along with some others may need some rework. there are a lot of parts I'm not completely satisfied with. I'll have to find some time to edit them.

I actually haven't played all dom paths, only dom solo and sublove + dom. I sort of assumed that love + dom would be pretty similar for Cassies part. I probably should do a sub + dom run sometime, but I have a feeling it may be a bit too much for me. :sick:

To be clear, I think Cassie is very well written on the dom path, actually even better than the love path. It shines through how confused and ashamed she is and how she derives no pleasures from her actions but instead does it because that is how her nanny taught her that relationships are supposed to work. Also her inner conflict between love/dom sometimes briefly shines through in the form of concern for the well being of Jack. Even though in the end she doubles down and escalates anyway. even if Jack says it was painful.

The thing is, the dom path doesn't only hurt Jack, it very much is hurtful to Cassie as well, because she is quickly becoming a monster, especially on the dom solo path. I mean, a lot of the plot revolves around the horrible rumors Kelly initiated in high school. But in the dom path, Cassie has become the bully and quickly escalates it to something much worse. And this of course goes for Jack in the Eve sub path as well.

All of that points to how much Cassie actually needs someone to talk to about this. And as you said, since this is something she cannot talk to Eve about her only realistic option is to talk to Jack. That is where it becomes so frustrating that Jack only silently accepts all of this, because Jack and Cassie need some sort of trigger to start talk to each other. And in the dom solo path this never happens. But in the sublove+dom path the trigger is that Cassie sees the love between Eve and Jack so there Cassie actually start to reevaluate her actions (as I said, I haven't actually played love+dom yet, but I assume something similar happens there).

I just have a difficult time accepting that Jack can just take all of this without reaction, because to me that seems out of character. Exactly what form that would take I don't know, but even if he doesn't show much during the dom sex acts there should at least be some effects on their day-to-day actions, such as Jack is unable to contain his frustration with Cassie or avoids her or something, but instead they are able to act as if absolutely nothing happened and I have a hard time seeing Jack pull that off. But I can also imagine for example that Jack actually takes control of his own situation by saying no and starting to actually talk to Cassie about why she does this. Or it could be that Jack becomes upset enough that Eve starts to notice that something is wrong causing Cassie/Jack to realize that they need to talk to not reveal what has been going on to Eve.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
There's a short answer to the first part of your message :

There's still a lot to tell, and we've just past the middle of the game.

I just have a difficult time accepting that Jack can just take all of this without reaction, because to me that seems out of character. Exactly what form that would take I don't know, but even if he doesn't show much during the dom sex acts there should at least be some effects on their day-to-day actions, such as Jack is unable to contain his frustration with Cassie or avoids her or something, but instead they are able to act as if absolutely nothing happened and I have a hard time seeing Jack pull that off. But I can also imagine for example that Jack actually takes control of his own situation by saying no and starting to actually talk to Cassie about why she does this. Or it could be that Jack becomes upset enough that Eve starts to notice that something is wrong causing Cassie/Jack to realize that they need to talk to not reveal what has been going on to Eve.
To be brutally honest... it's intended as a way to lower the amounts of variants and paths needed.
Without that, I would still be working on v0.4.
I initially wanted to make something that complex, with deep repercussions even in the most innocuous scenes. But I quickly had to get closer to a "We'll perfectly do as if nothing happened" to keep the volume of content in check. It was either that or I would have to write significantly less for each variant. Neither option was satisfying, but I think I did choose the "lesser evil".

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
There's still a lot to tell, and we've just past the middle of the game.
Yeah, and I am very much looking forward to the next update. Keep up the good work!

To be brutally honest... it's intended as a way to lower the amounts of variants and paths needed.
Without that, I would still be working on v0.4.
I initially wanted to make something that complex, with deep repercussions even in the most innocuous scenes. But I quickly had to get closer to a "We'll perfectly do as if nothing happened" to keep the volume of content in check. It was either that or I would have to write significantly less for each variant. Neither option was satisfying, but I think I did choose the "lesser evil".
That I am very sympathetic for. SS is pretty complex as is.

drdredit

Jul 1, 2020
Well Naughty Captain, you have succeeded in many ways in making an amazing game - making characters and situations that allow people to choose the route they want - not be disappointed. And situations and characters that people care and debate about. Some I like very much and some I don't like at all. I like the Jack/Eve sublove path very much for all the reasons I detest the Cassie Dom path.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That said, I really, really like the Cassie love route - she is sexy as hell, vulnerable at the right time, but still protective of her best friend. I love that Cassie! I'll continue to play the joyous Throuple and the Love/SubLove paths to see where they go and leave broken baby dom Cassie to her miserable bitchy little self. Thanks again for a compelling game. It hits on many of my cylinders. And big thanks to the modder and for the walk-throughs! They are indispensable for me.

DrD

MasQrade

May 10, 2020
Great game, and story i was surpire to know that it end up on end of day 5 i was like where is the rest of it
1628633282772.png

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

This part is very scary for Jack's future, while one as a player sees the clues that Jack is the stone guest in the Eve//Cassie relationship, for the author to say so fills one with questions, and I don't think those answers are very comfortable. I had described it as the third wheel, it was noticeable in how it all played out in the talks, but more so during breakfast, and while Jack is pretty dumb/awkward/slow, even he could tell, though he didn't make a big enough deal of it.
I'm very curious about how it will develop in the individual paths of love, in the dom path it's pretty clear what it was, the sub path also kind of shows where it's going. But how will the girls and Jack deal with the situation? Is Kelly the only healthy response to not seeing Jack suffer?
Capitan, you left me with a lot of intrigue, doubts and more desire to see how all this ends...

BDI

May 23, 2017

This part is very scary for Jack's future, while one as a player sees the clues that Jack is the stone guest in the Eve//Cassie relationship, for the author to say so fills one with questions, and I don't think those answers are very comfortable. I had described it as the third wheel, it was noticeable in how it all played out in the talks, but more so during breakfast, and while Jack is pretty dumb/awkward/slow, even he could tell, though he didn't make a big enough deal of it.
I'm very curious about how it will develop in the individual paths of love, in the dom path it's pretty clear what it was, the sub path also kind of shows where it's going. But how will the girls and Jack deal with the situation? Is Kelly the only healthy response to not seeing Jack suffer?
Capitan, you left me with a lot of intrigue, doubts and more desire to see how all this ends...

Have you ever thought that by doing what you are doing with your answers just might signify that it is not worth reading?

Apr 27, 2021

Well, it's not so easy.
Let's say that the throuple is, indeed, the evolution of the Cassie-Eve relationship and so MC is really "the third wheel".
I think it's possible in real life a similar situation.
I've never seen the friendship between two males becoming a love relationship, but with my eyes I've seen the friendship between two girls becoming something "tighter" (love relationship or also just sex).
Well, I think that a man could get into a relationship like that and:
-be useful for the couple of girls, because approaching a male that both like, could help them to approach each other without feeling it as wrong (the two girls have lived through difficult years only thanks to each other, it's normal that they developed strong feelings);
-be useful for the man. Not only for the quite obvious lust and for the dream that all men have about threesome, but because I really guess that a relationship (deep, deeper or light) with two women could be very intense and difficult, but very satisfying and interesting too (not only for sex, but for feelings);
-be useful for all three, because all three could get something from the relationship.
And so the third wheel could become a wheel important as much as other two.
Kelly could be a very interesting path (she's completely a new girl, a girl who wants "to re-write herself"), but also the throuple could be a very interesting path. Demanding, uneasy to live into, but very interesting.
In real life I'd prefer a threesome where the two girls have feelings one for each other, rather than just lust one for each other or, worse, just fake lust.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

Well, it's not so easy.
Let's say that the throuple is, indeed, the evolution of the Cassie-Eve relationship and so MC is really "the third wheel".
I think it's possible in real life a similar situation.
I've never seen the friendship between two males becoming a love relationship, but with my eyes I've seen the friendship between two girls becoming something "tighter" (love relationship or also just sex).
Well, I think that a man could get into a relationship like that and:
-be useful for the couple of girls, because approaching a male that both like, could help them to approach each other without feeling it as wrong (the two girls have lived through difficult years only thanks to each other, it's normal that they developed strong feelings);
-be useful for the man. Not only for the quite obvious lust and for the dream that all men have about threesome, but because I really guess that a relationship (deep, deeper or light) with two women could be very intense and difficult, but very satisfying and interesting too (not only for sex, but for feelings);
-be useful for all three, because all three could get something from the relationship.
And so the third wheel could become a wheel important as much as other two.
Kelly could be a very interesting path (she's completely a new girl, a girl who wants "to re-write herself"), but also the throuple could be a very interesting path. Demanding, uneasy to live into, but very interesting.
In real life I'd prefer a threesome where the two girls have feelings one for each other, rather than just lust one for each other or, worse, just fake lust.

I understand what you say, but I think that what weighs most heavily in what I say as fear, are the words "use Jack to be closer together, even if they felt something for him". That's what scares me, Jack is slow and it's hard for him to understand and read people, you or me, we would know what we are getting into, and also why we are doing it, I don't think Jack would understand it at all. Likewise, I'm more concerned about the individual paths.

Reactions: The Naughty Captain
4.20 star(s) 143 Votes