4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
I'm a lurker here and this is my first comment. I'm very new to this genre of game, but I've accumulated ~500 GB of AVN's in the last couple months, and your game is easily top 5 for me. My short list in no particular order is Radiant, Proud Father, Artemis, Chasing Sunsets, and Summer Scent.
I don't play Radiant or Proud Father, but Chasing Sunsets and Artemis are favorites of mine. I commend you for your excellent taste, sir.

For a one man team you're doing pretty well i guess...
Well, thank you.
I have no doubts that there are more efficient devs out there, though.
I just do what I can.

If simulating clothing in Dforce is an issue, look into Marvelous Designer.

You can export the character into MD, export the clothes onto the character, simulate (it takes seconds) and import it back into Daz quicker than Dforce can simulate most of the time.

You can save the simulated clothes as a morph too, so you don't have to re-simulate sometimes.

https://f95zone.to/threads/marvelous-designer-9-enterprise-5-1-311-44087-win.40885/
I'm already using Marvelous Designer every time it's possible (Sadly, some outfits aren't compatible and simply fall apart when simulated with MD).
However, it's not that simple as more often than not, I have to go through animation to properly simulate the clothing. And Marvelous Designer clearly isn't great at that.
As an example, in the renders I'm working on right now, on average, I need 3 different animations to properly simulate a dress for a character who is simply seated.
It's time-consuming, and even more when you have 4 characters to simulate.

But it's a great tool, and the simulations it provides are way better than what dForce can offer.

I saved a lot of morphs at first, but not anymore because there are about 0 chances I'll use the same pose ever again, aside from maybe the next render. 90% of my poses are completely custom and therefore unique.

Very expensive!
When you consider AutoCAD is around 2300 $/year for example it's reasonable for a professionnal software. It might not be for a struggling solo dev though.
As a self-employed individual, I pay about $300 per year. It's not that expensive, but not exactly cheap either. For a multi dev team, however, the price tag is set considerably higher.

Last edited:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
When it's ready.

Alright. For now, it's actually more like 630 renders in 6 months as I started working on that update in the first week of December.

In the meantime, I also wrote 28k words final, 38k words of draft, constructed 3 sets, created 5 characters and coded about 3000 lines of script and started working on future content as well.

And I'm alone. As far as I know, Inceston is a team of 8 people.

So... Yeah, maybe I'm slow.
Maybe you can do better.
I cannot.
I love what I'm doing but I won't kill myself doing it.
Sorry.
More, more. There are more of them now.
And no matter how many people are working in their studio, their stories are still utter crap and their animations disappointing.
Their renders are beautiful though.
I wish you had the means to render stills and animations close to theirs, but in any case your game is a project worth being proud of and caressing, while theirs are just nonsensical money-grabbers (and getting worse every time).

realjitter

Jun 21, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I've played through the game 3 times (3some, Eve sub, MC sub path), but i never encountered the bad ending. Now reading your spoiler i'm a little confused here to be honest. I thought the reason why people complain about it would be because that scene would be extremely graphic. Like actually seeing the girls getting raped, crying and such, maybe even violence..But since none of all that is in the game apparently, what are people exactly complainig about?. A mention or a bad ending makes totally sense within the story. Especially in a game that branches out as much as SS does.

Anyways, i'm gonna start the game again forcing the "bad ending" this time just to see how it's written because that angle, at least from my perspective, is a good opportunity to write some story around it. And writing (imo) is one of the biggest strenght of the developer.

Ysbald

Nov 1, 2018
I've played through the game 3 times (3some, Eve sub, MC sub path), but i never encountered the bad ending. Now reading your spoiler i'm a little confused here to be honest. I thought the reason why people complain about it would be because that scene would be extremely graphic. Like actually seeing the girls getting raped, crying and such, maybe even violence..But since none of all that is in the game apparently, what are people exactly complainig about?. A mention or a bad ending makes totally sense within the story. Especially in a game that branches out as much as SS does.

Anyways, i'm gonna start the game again forcing the "bad ending" this time just to see how it's written because that angle, at least from my perspective, is a good opportunity to write some story around it. And writing (imo) is one of the biggest strenght of the developer.
I left out some details so as not to spoil the whole ending. but cassie's rape is not shown

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

CarbChoke

Jan 30, 2018
Bad ending? I installed the game today (yesterday) and played 4 go throughs, it ends at day 6 part 1? am I just not seeing the continue button? The 'worst' I've seen is a bad dream...no hired goons or anything.

Reactions: Nurikabe

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Bad ending? I installed the game today (yesterday) and played 4 go throughs, it ends at day 6 part 1? am I just not seeing the continue button? The 'worst' I've seen is a bad dream...no hired goons or anything.
You have to play the role of an asshole to get the bad ending.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
You have to play the role of an asshole to get the bad ending.

The bad ending is actually on the dual love path.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
When it's ready.

Alright. For now, it's actually more like 630 renders in 6 months as I started working on that update in the first week of December.

In the meantime, I also wrote 28k words final, 38k words of draft, constructed 3 sets, created 5 characters and coded about 3000 lines of script and started working on future content as well.

And I'm alone. As far as I know, Inceston is a team of 8 people.

So... Yeah, maybe I'm slow.
Maybe you can do better.
I cannot.
I love what I'm doing but I won't kill myself doing it.
Sorry.
Don't pay attention to trolls TNC, they're testing you, just ignore them and keep doing what you do best ;)

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

GTBALL_BALLY

Unknown User
Apr 5, 2020

Dev Update #144

The first segment is fully posed and rendered.
I'll have a few corrections to make on a handful of renders but most of it is good to go. The second segment is mostly done with only 8 renders left to pose. I made some good progress working on that part. I had a problem with some impossible poses and had to make some emergency rewriting but I managed to keep it reasonable.
The structure of scene 18
I feel like I should be more explicit about the structure of the scene so that you can understand better what are the segments and how work really is progressing.
Scene 18 is split into 6 parts :
  • The introduction
  • Segment 1
  • Segment 2
  • Segment 3a+3b
  • Segment 4
  • Outro
The introduction and the outro are common to every path and the segments are the parts of the scene that will change depending on the path you are on.
The introduction, Segment 1 and segment 2 are mostly done (only 8 renders left on segment 2). It represents about 60% of the whole scene.
I will have some rewrite to do on segments 3a and 3b but the bulk of it is ready. I have a pretty precise idea of the modifications I'll bring to the content but I don't really know how many words or render it will take. I'll try to keep it reasonable, however.
Segment 4 should be easy to pose as there are very minimal interactions.
The outro will be slightly more time consuming as it will be once again filled with characters and clothing to simulate.
There is about 150 shot to pose. I expect that number to increase a bit with the rewrite of segments 3a and 3b but not by a lot.
Fingers crossed!

The quick sum up :
  • Day 6 Part 2 will contain 8 scenes (Scenes 11 to 18).
  • Scenes 11 to 18 are written.
  • Scenes 11 to 17 are posed and rendered.
  • Scenes 11 and 17 are logic ready.
  • 28 075 words, 3074 lines of code. 704 shots are posed and 671 are rendered, 151 more are planned.
  • I'm currently posing scene 18.

You can follow my progress with this

Thank you very much for your support!
The Naughty Captain.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
:oops::love:
1653858239404.png

#Random Render - 2022 May #2 - Bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow.

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
There's a land that I heard of, once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true...

4.20 star(s) 142 Votes