4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Any Day with this much recoding should be replayed.... and Capt, you forget that you actually changed some of the relp awarded in choices in Day1 (Cassie's swimsuit opinion choice for example).... the outcome of the current Day1 can be different from the outcome of the previous Day1. Just making it clear for folks to understand and keep expectations in check.
That is true.
However, as the same variables are defined, it will not impact your end-game save.
Obviously if your "old save" is on day one, or two.... you'd better play the rework of day one.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Well, glad I looked at the last two pages, before complaining about a version that had no new content. :cool:

Nevertheless, I am not a fan of reworking a game so early on. It's up to you, of course, but once you start on the road of reworking your old work, and not on new content, people seem to get stuck on it.
Revise it once, then the next part doesn't seem quite right, so rework it, then the next bit, then you realize the software and hardware have improved so much that you could make the visuals better, so back to reworking you go, then you realize that you could still make the first part better etc..

Seen that happen too many times by now.
I'm glad you decided to alternate between new content and the rework, and of course I can understand the wish to bring the early game up to your current standard, but when as a fan, you've seen that happen so many times already, you can't help being concerned.

That is all this is, me being concerned about a game I really enjoy. Not trying to tell you what to do or how to do it.
Hope this works out as planned and look forward to a release of new content.
i would agree but time after time remake leads to abandon or milking.

I do understand the concern. I really do. I'm a player too.
But as a developer, things are different.

The game is a product in development. This means that until it is marked gold, everything can change. If I have to rework my early chapters, I'm not going to wait. Especially with a steam release as a goal, I need to offer the potential new player a more solid experience, especially in the early chapters. You know what they say about the first impression.

I'm not milking anyone. You can read my weekly update and decide for yourself if I am trustworthy or not. But I do understand that for an external observer, doubt exists. My development cycle is rather long and if you limit yourself to a single path, the updates will seem pretty short. In that context, I do understand that a rework doesn't sound like good news.
Nevertheless, the appropriate time for it is now, before I fail the sales.

There will be more rework, in the future, as I intend to rework the complete first 5 days of the story. But I will mix rework and new content to make it easier on the player. I'm not doing that to punish you, but to make the game better.

Pretty silly unless trying to make it better for new people to it. Who the fuck wants to start over? Nearly all adult games the very beginning is boring as shit. Captain just riding on his mystery ship.
Well, that's the thing. That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm planning to release it on Steam. I want this to be a real game that won't be limited to his Patreon life. I want it to be bought and played after its completion. I'm sorry if it bothers you but it's not going to change.

will there be more LI´s or just eve,cassie and kelly?
No. Eve, Cassie and Kelly are and will remain the only love interests in Summer Scent.

Despite selecting a path in the menu, I'm not getting any hints that I can see.
The hints should pop up on important choices only.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Aren't every choice important when you have to reach a certain amount of points to pass certain thresholds? Granted you did get more lenient with points a while back.
I suppose it is possible, but you should be able to collect the affinity points you need without too much effort.

I'll be honest, the point system is something I've been thinking about reworking regularly from the ground up. I think the game still needs an affinity level but maybe something less rigid.

Xrisoner

May 23, 2021
I suppose it is possible, but you should be able to collect the affinity points you need without too much effort.

I'll be honest, the point system is something I've been thinking about reworking regularly from the ground up. I think the game still needs an affinity level but maybe something less rigid.

Hi. Are you going to rework day 2 now?

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Hi. Are you going to rework day 2 now?
Heya!
The next release (v0.6.3) will be about new content only.
I will rework Day 2, 3, 4 and 5, scene by scene, in the future. But from now on I won't make dedicated releases for reworked content. I will mix it with new development.

So :
  • v0.6.3 will be 100% new content
  • v0.6.4 will contain some new content for the end of day 6 and a couple of reworked scenes for Day 2.

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
Aren't every choice important when you have to reach a certain amount of points to pass certain thresholds? Granted you did get more lenient with points a while back.
Well, one can always use Sancho's Multimod, if one wants more transparent choices and doesn't mind spoilers.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I'm not milking anyone.
That's why I wasn't saying you did. :)
No, seriously, it isn't hard to understand the reasoning for decisions like this, my concerns come just from seeing what happened with other games, not because I don't see the motivation to do it or can't understand it.
I think the way you do it, is smart and certainly better than completely putting development of new content on hold.
There will of course be people constantly complaining about not getting the free content they feel they deserve :cool: or accuse you of milking, but what I realized is that many of them go into nearly every thread where a game gets delayed for whatever reason and start posting this.
That seems almost more like trolling than people actually believing it.
I know it's hard, but try to keep an open mind for constructive criticism, while at the same time ignoring obvious bullshit that is just posted because people behave like entitled, whiny babies.
Don't let it get you down, your game has great reviews and many people love it and say so. It's just that if you pour your heart into something, each nasty remark hits harder than ten positive ones. I know that from experience.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
That's why I wasn't saying you did. :)
No, seriously, it isn't hard to understand the reasoning for decisions like this, my concerns come just from seeing what happened with other games, not because I don't see the motivation to do it or can't understand it.
I think the way you do it, is smart and certainly better than completely putting development of new content on hold.
There will of course be people constantly complaining about not getting the free content they feel they deserve :cool: or accuse you of milking, but what I realized is that many of them go into nearly every thread where a game gets delayed for whatever reason and start posting this.
That seems almost more like trolling than people actually believing it.
I know it's hard, but try to keep an open mind for constructive criticism, while at the same time ignoring obvious bullshit that is just posted because people behave like entitled, whiny babies.
Don't let it get you down, your game has great reviews and many people love it and say so. It's just that if you pour your heart into something, each nasty remark hits harder than ten positive ones. I know that from experience.
I usually manage to differentiate between positive criticism and the obvious egotistic trolling. But at times, it can be difficult not to be dragged down. As you said, "nasty remark hits harder than ten positive ones" and it is quite painful.

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
I usually manage to differentiate between positive criticism and the obvious egotistic trolling. But at times, it can be difficult not to be dragged down. As you said, "nasty remark hits harder than ten positive ones" and it is quite painful.
Don't let those egotistic trolls put you down, Cap! People like that somehow feel that everyone else owes them something for no apparent reason. Keep up the amazing work you've been doing! You are a creator, and yours is the only opinion that really matters when it comes to your creation.

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022

The game is a product in development. This means that until it is marked gold, everything can change. If I have to rework my early chapters, I'm not going to wait. Especially with a steam release as a goal, I need to offer the potential new player a more solid experience, especially in the early chapters. You know what they say about the first impression.

I'm not milking anyone. You can read my weekly update and decide for yourself if I am trustworthy or not. But I do understand that for an external observer, doubt exists. My development cycle is rather long and if you limit yourself to a single path, the updates will seem pretty short. In that context, I do understand that a rework doesn't sound like good news.

There will be more rework, in the future, as I intend to rework the complete first 5 days of the story. But I will mix rework and new content to make it easier on the player. I'm not doing that to punish you, but to make the game better.

Well, that's the thing. That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm planning to release it on Steam. I want this to be a real game that won't be limited to his Patreon life. I want it to be bought and played after its completion. I'm sorry if it bothers you but it's not going to change.

No. Eve, Cassie and Kelly are and will remain the only love interests in Summer Scent.

alright thank you for the answer it´s a shame but nevertheless great game

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Has the mc got laid yet in this game? Cause if you play the nice guy route he doesn’t get any pussy, only a few kisses and Those girls do treat you like a simp, Cuck, wimp, doormat, loser whatever you want to call it. I guess I’ll do a evil dick playthrough and maybe he raped them

• Haha
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
Cause if you play the nice guy route he doesn’t get any pussy, only a few kisses and Those girls do treat you like a simp, Cuck, wimp, doormat, loser whatever you want to call it.
I personally prefer it that way, but: to each their own. This is why Cap is offering multiple routes in this game.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Has the mc got laid yet in this game? Cause if you play the nice guy route he doesn’t get any pussy, only a few kisses and Those girls do treat you like a simp, Cuck, wimp, doormat, loser whatever you want to call it. I guess I’ll do a evil dick playthrough and maybe he raped them
thats one point from stopping me to play again
i dont know how much changed over 1 year , but i dont think much on this case
i´m maybe wrong - so please correct me if

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022

Hate to admit it, but it seems I was impatient. Everything works, I iust thought it was gonna kick in earlier than it did. Pretty fun feature.

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
thats one point from stopping me to play again
i dont know how much changed over 1 year , but i dont think much on this case
i´m maybe wrong - so please correct me if
ich seh dich schon im dreieck springen deine eltern hör ich schrein lieber gott steh uns bei ;)
nur kapitel 1 ist neu gemacht sonst kein neuer inhalt

• Love
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
You are doing great Dev.
Having Cassie jumping giggling and kissing MC in her path felt so fulfilling as you made it believable in your story and rarely a Dev can deliver like you sir.

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes